talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RJ
Elwood

Kiffin Fired.....

Post by RJ »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617977

Shocking news indeed.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the exact same thing (same record and week even) that Shanny got dumped in the '89 season?

:lol: :lol:

Nice move, Alice.

Also worth noting is a letter that was sent to Kiff for him to sign acknowledging that signing Walker and Hall were HIS ideas.

:meds: :lol: :meds: :lol: :meds: :lol:

Goddamn, Al has fucking totally and completely lost it.

It'd be hilarious for Raiderfan if it werent so damn pathetic.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Kiffin Fired.....

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not to mention the fact that the Raiders indicated they would not pay him the rest of his contract after firing him. Classy organization.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm thinking it's time for Al to take over the coaching reins himself. That would be interesting. He's got some experience and, after all, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

I called in to Raider HQ and blasted the FUCK OFF on the PR douche about what a classless POS Al is and how he's fucked this franchise over bigtime with his horrid decisions.

Dude tried to cut me off and tell me to "fax" my thoughts in-at which point I reminded him that he will sit the fuck there and listen to my goddamn comments due to me being a paying customer for 15 years and spending thousands upon thousands in tickets, merchandise and flights up to Oaktown yearly-which im sure helped fund the weekly checks he cashes. He went silent for a minute while I blasted off some more, and I asked for the fax number too toward the end of the call.

Here's the number if any Raiderfans other than 'Tart and I are still here in this forum:

Fuck Al.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

RJ wrote: Here's the number

Uh oh.

Please be sure to post your fax in this thread. Winner gets an interview with Al.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
RJ wrote: Here's the number

Uh oh.

Please be sure to post your fax in this thread. Winner gets an interview with Al.
I second that request. This could be the mother of all melts. Don't disappoint us RJ.

BTW: PFT has a picture of the new Raiders coach up. It looks like it was taken after Alcula told him what his "special duties" entail.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Until Al gargles worms underground, the Raiders will continue to hold their place as the biggest joke of the NFL.

Why would anyone waste time faxing them anything?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Fax him the link for that Bang cartoon. That might put him over the edge.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

VIVA TOM CABLE!!!!!!!

Al sounded strong and sharp as all fuck in the press conference...and holy shit he's naming names like a motherfucker in this situation: Agents, Players, Colleges, ect.

Wow.

Very fucking dissapointed to hear that there is a paper trail of Kiff trying to get hired by 2 different colleges during his first year.......and that Al specifically drew up the supposed "resignation" contract on the basis of him landing a college HC position.

Al has all this shit in hard copy......and Kiff is looking like a pussy ass fuckhead right about now.

Al also acknowledged that the last 5 years have been horrible, and he regrets many decisions he's made.

Interesting.

lets see what Kockhead Kiff has to say at his presser tommorrow.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RJ wrote:
Al also acknowledged that the last 5 years have been horrible, and he regrets many decisions he's made.
Has he come out and admitted that he really knew that there weren't any WMDs?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

What's really hilarious is they still use a Fax machine.

There's this great new invention called e-mail.........
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

I love Al Davis.

The guy's a genius....

I hope that fucker lives to be 120.

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

This is what I wear out with my Raider gear.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Al shitcans Kiffin, utterly trashes his character in a press conference, and says he's not paying him. lol
Pretty predictable.

Lane Kiffin will apparently hold court with the media tomorrow and tell his version of things.
Not that I really care all that much, but yeah, there are always three sides to a story.
His side, the other guy's side, and the troof.

Al claims that Lane Kiffin is not the Lane Kiffin that he hired.
Well, maybe not, I dunno.
But YOU hired the guy, Al, and not with a gun to your head.
Just like you hired an uninspiring string of coaching stiffs before him.

Tom Cable?
He's keeping the seat warm.
The coaching search is on as we speak.
Needless to say, folks will be banging the door down for the yob. lol

So when the new guy takes over next year it will be JaMarcus' third head coach in just over two years.
Genius.

Speaking of JaMarcus, Al claimed in his press court today that Kiffin didn't want the big fella.
Me thinks it's B.S.
Al's head game to motivate Russell, IMO.

I think perhaps now that this is over ... save for the inevitable lawsuit and occassional public comments from Al or Lane, things can calm down ... for a while ... and it might help the product on the field.

James, you said in another thread that you were done with the Raiders until Al dies.
I wouldn't jump ship so quickly, but hey, it's up to you.
With just a LITTLE immagination, we could be sitting at 3-1 right now.
But yeah, 1-3 we are.

Hey, we've got a lot of promising youth right now.
Some of the Chargers noted that after the game, and it's pretty clear to my eyes too.
We've GOT some ballers.
We're not severely lacking talent, as are, for example, the current Chiefs.
It's not all doom and gloom in Oakland, and flushing this Kiffin/Davis thing down the toilet might settle the waters.

As dysfunctional as Al's world appears to be, he DID have a pretty good thing flourish when Gruden/Gannon came aboard.
It could happen that way again ... if the 'right' leadership steps in and gets a handle on things, or as much as a handle is possible in Oakland.

I keep that hope.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Very much true, e.

The letter was ridiculous and proves nothing.

The problem between Kiffin and Davis began the day Kiffin was hired.
Reason being, Kiffin, being SO extremely young, viewed the job as a springboard to bigger and better things.
He figured he'd grind it out in Oakland, deal with Al's bullshit, prove himself somewhat, and then land elsewhere in a couple/few years.
But of course Al demands loyalty, demands that everyone kiss his pinky ring.

Al's mistake that day in hiring Kiffin was that he was not bright enough to know that Kiffin wasn't much interested in being ... A RAIDER.

Kiffin's first BIG mistake was chasing -- allegedly -- the Arkansas job last year.
The guy was ALREADY looking for an exit.
He should have sucked it up and honored his three year contract that he signed with the Oakland Raiders.

As soon as Al knew Lane was sniffing around for other jobs, he was finished in Oakland.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I want to make one more comment about Al's media day.

He brought up Panty Moss, and it's my view that the situation with Moss caused a MAJOR early rift in the relationship between Davis and Kiffin.
Davis mentioned that it bothers him a lot to this day that they dealt Moss for a 4th round pick ... and then he blew up in New England.

Al mentioned how he doesn't like it when (paraphrasing) the modern coaches just dump players like they are taking out the trash.
He brought up Zach Crockett's name, saying that Zach was a Raider for nine years, he scored touchdowns for us, etc., but he was just dumped like it was no big deal.

To Al's immense credit, and one of the things I MOST admire about him, is the way he regards the players, and particularly RAIDER players.
He thinks they are all great.
He loves them, he believes in them, he has their back like no other.
If you are a Raider player, Al has your back, unless you REALLY fuck up or show a gross disloyalty to him.

So in Al's mind, even though Panty Moss clearly quit on Art Shell's team, Al believed in Moss.
He still thought Moss could be a major force ... and he was right, btw.
He thought they could smooth things over and Moss would play for Kiffin, and paired with Russell, they would be a DYNAMIC duo.

But then Kiffin spoke to Moss and Moss told him in no uncertain terms that he wanted OUT.
So newbie Kiffin is trying to establish himself with this team and he's got a SERIOUS problem to deal with.
He's got a high salary, high profile guy who's going to be nothing but a cancer if he stays around.
Everyone could see this ... except Al.

So Kiffin gets some others within the organization to step to the plate with him and convince Al that Moss just simply HAS to be moved.
Al caves in and Moss is moved for a 4th round pick. lol
Al is pissed and publicly humiliated to a degree by the fact that Oakland isn't 'good' enough for Moss.
Moss goes to New England and has a BIG year.
Al Davis is further humiliated.

I think this early Moss situation got Lane and Al off on a VERY bad foot.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:So Kiffin gets some others within the organization to step to the plate with him and convince Al that Moss just simply HAS to be moved.
Al caves in and Moss is moved for a 4th round pick. lol
Al is pissed and publicly humiliated to a degree by the fact that Oakland isn't 'good' enough for Moss.
Moss goes to New England and has a BIG year.
Al Davis is further humiliated.

I think this early Moss situation got Lane and Al off on a VERY bad foot.
So Kiffin is to blame because Al Davis made a shitty deal and didn't make compensation for Moss conditional on how Moss and the Pats did last year? Davis could have easily converted Moss' exit into a first round pick if he had a fucking clue. Was he even aware that two teams were bidding for Moss' services?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Al blames Kiffin for losing Moss like he did, no doubt.
That's why he brought it up in the press conference.

Davis out to lunch on this issue.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Tom Cable?
holy shit, you don't know how much I was laughing when I saw that

Tom "I've never missed a meal to the best of my knowledge" Cable?

His only head coaching stint (at the University of Idaho, a perpetual Bottom 10 member) was an unmitigated fucking disaster

buwahahahahahahaha
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Of the potential in-house guys to take over for Kiffin, Cable was the best choice, IMO.
He's got more 'juice' to him than Lane did.
He's got some fire in his belly and the players like him.
I think they'll play for him.

You slammed him there, Felix, but it's worth noting that Idaho sucked royal dick for three years after Cable left too.
Might be a lot more there than just a failure on the part of the HC.

Cable became O-Coordinator at UCLA and his teams lit up the friggin' scoreboard for two years.
Look it up.

He did a helluva job as Falcon O-Line coach and he's done a helluva job as Raider O-Line coach too ... given the talent level.

Head NFL coach is a different level though, yep, so it remains to be seen how he'll handle it.

Lane was handling Russell like fine china, but I think we'll see a more 'open' offense from here on out ... for better or worse.

Results?

Wait and see.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: You slammed him there, Felix, but it's worth noting that Idaho sucked royal dick for three years after Cable left too.
Might be a lot more there than just a failure on the part of the HC.
trust me, his stint at Idaho was NOT his fault....the program at Moscow is a fucking joke and has been for a number of years

that said, you need to remember that Cable is an offensive line coach how'd that work out for the Dud's the last (two) time(s) they tried it

of course they'll play for him because I'm sure he's perceived as being "one of them" as opposed to Kiffin, who I'm sure most of the players viewed as "who's kid is that"....don't expect the Rayduds to "turn things around" with Cable at the helm....I just don't see that happening because there's no reason to believe that it will
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

R-Jack wrote:
BSmack wrote:Davis could have easily converted Moss' exit into a first round pick if he had a fucking clue. Was he even aware that two teams were bidding for Moss' services?
I don't know if that was really the case. I would have to imagine that if someone, anyone, was trading a cancer on draft day, they are taking the highest pick on the table. There is a big difference between Brett Farve saying he wants Moss and a team actually having a trade offer for the player.

I said it when he was traded. Moss's declining numbers, age and locker room liabilities warranted a fourth round pick. The Taperiots caught lightning in a bottle with him last year, but are seeing Moss play like a sixth rounder with Brady out. By year's end they will understand why a fourth rounder sounded about right.
Then Davis shouldn't have made the deal. But I still find it hard to believe that if Davis had inserted reasonable performance escalators in the trade deal that New England wouldn't have still taken the deal. You know, something like that if Moss had over 17 TDs last year or if the Pats made the Super Bowl that the pick would have escalated into at least a 2nd round pick if not a first. Al got hosed. That's all there is to it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

KC Scott wrote:What's really hilarious is they still use a Fax machine.

There's this great new invention called e-mail.........
Consider the average IQ of Raiduh fan…somewhere between a full-on waterhead and half-a-retard, right? I know what you're saying… "But, Ucant, that's such a wide range." Agreed. Can we also agree this number definitely has a ways to go before hitting the century mark? Okay, good. Now what is easier for Raiduh fan to do... string together two cogent sentence in an email or bust out some crayons, draw a picture, and fax that sumbitch to Mr. PR Man? I think the drawing will present a more clear and powerful message, don't you? This is how Mr PR Man communicates with his fanbase. You dig?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Did I hear right...is Al actually talking to Matt Millen? :lol:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Shoalzie wrote:Did I hear right...is Al actually talking to Matt Millen? :lol:
Oh hell no. Please tell me this is not true.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

R-Jack wrote:
BSmack wrote:Then Davis shouldn't have made the deal.
Are you insane? Take your 2007 Randy Moss hat off and put on the 2006 one. Davis HAD to make a deal. The guy was killing the team on the field and off. If Al doesn't make a deal on draft day, no deal gets made.
He HAD to make a deal? This is Al Fucking Davis you're talking about. There's nothing he could have done with Moss that would have fucked the Raiders any more than he had already done and would continue to do. He could have Marcus Allened Moss and gotten the same value that he got by drafting John Bowie with a 4th round pick.
Maybe, but maybe the Patriots said no dice. That very well may have happened. Either way, that fourth round pick was the best (if not only) offer on the table. Do you insist on escalators at the risk of bringing back a cancer like Moss who has no desire to play hard or feign positivity in a rebuilding year((s)half-decade)era).
No, you take your offer around the league. Or you modify the offer to a more generous sliding scale. Maybe make it an initial 5th rounder with escalators. If, as Davis is now saying, Mike Lombardi was tipping off the Pats that Moss was the real deal, there's no reason to think the Pats wouldn't have made the deal with performance based escalators included.

During the same draft, Cleveland was willing to give up a 1st rounder in the 2008 draft just for the right to move up and pick a QB who may or may not pan out ever in the NFL.

And if nothing gets done on draft day, then you hold Moss through the preseason until some team gets desperate. You don't think there was a team in the NFL that would have taken a chance on Moss, especially after camps start and injuries start happening?
Easy to say after last season. Please keep in mind there is no 23 touchdown Randy Moss in Oakland. If he stayed, the 2007 Moss would've been a different story. All Oakland was going to get was the 600 yard, alligator armed, tipping the defense off by half assing his routes on plays not going to him, locker room disruption that Moss was the season he got traded. Al would've gotten laughed out of the league if he asked about a 4th rounder for him if he stayed on for one more season.

Look at how electric and inspired Moss looks with Cassell under center and you will see where I'm coming from.
We'll just have to see how Moss plays after the bye week. One thing I can assure you is that Robert Kraft wasn't skulking around the Pats facility last week trying to undermine his coaches like a certain President of the General Partner has been known to do.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

R-Jack wrote: the 2007 Moss would've been a different story. All Oakland was going to get was the 600 yard, alligator armed, tipping the defense off by half assing his routes on plays not going to him.

Where do we sign?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Who gives a fuck? You've got a freaking basket case running the show. It doesn't matter how much or how little talent you have. As long as that senile dickbag is running your team, the Raiders will remain bottom feeders.
This is the EXACT kind of thing that was being routinely said just prior to Davis bringing in Jon Gruden.

EXACT!

The Raiders won three straight division titles, won an AFC Championship and lost in the playoffs to the eventual Super Bowl winner three years in a row.

AFC West fans rag on Al Davis, but the truth is that you still remember his successes and fear the same thing happening again.
Because rattling around you skull is the thought that it very well might happen again.
I find that VERY satisfying.

You're well aware that he has ALWAYS acquired talent.
And the old nutjob is doing it once again. LMAO

The Raiders got SERIOUSLY old in the early '00s.
Al fugged up by not blowing the whole thing up -- by not going into full rebuilding mode.
This is why, IMO, this down spell has been so steep.
Because he tried to patch things.

But now the team has once again started to fill the roster with young talent.
And Kiffin, for all of Al's criticism of him, did Al a BIG favor by getting the team back on reasonably good footing.

Mock and laff now while you still can, 'tardlings.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Your surrender is noted.

ONE team wins a Super Bowl each year.
If that is your standard of success, then every team in the league is a failure.

Fact of the matter is Oakland had a VERY good run of football for about four years in the late 90s and early 00s.

Remind me again when it was that the Blots ever won a Super Bowl?

I've got fresh memories of LT crying and sitting out like a pussy, but NONE of true greatness. haha

Should last me for the rest of my lifetime, thanks.

That's funnay.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Buttsy wrote:it sounds to me like Junior was fucking shit up right and left
A 76 yd FG attempt is a fairly normal thing to try.

What are you talking about?
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote: James, you said in another thread that you were done with the Raiders until Al dies.
I wouldn't jump ship so quickly, but hey, it's up to you.
Bro, I couldnt quit the damn Raiders if I wanted to. I bleed Silver and Black and am just frustrated as hell with the owner......

I wont spend anymore money on them, but i'll continue to root for them until my bitter end.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:ONE team wins a Super Bowl each year.
And it would have been your team that won except for the fact that your owner is complete fuckwit.
I forget... how many Super Bowls have the Chargers won?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..