Pitt/Iowa week - let's GO!!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Pitt/Iowa week - let's GO!!

Post by PSUFAN »

I started this thread for two reasons:

1. JON, are we going to meet up and get photographed in red button-up cardigans?
2. JON, do you detest Wannstedt in part because he failed with your beloved Chi Bears?
3. JONsense demanded a third, unforeseen reason. Who am I to complain?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Pitt/Iowa week - let's GO!!

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:Talk about a clash of the titans!
The teams or the posters?

We need a photo of Jon in those yellow and black stripped overalls that hawkfan wears soo proudly. And Pittfan, just wear clean skivvies.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

We need a photo of Jon in those yellow and black stripped overalls that hawkfan wears soo proudly.
They do? There's like 3 people out of 70,000 that wears those hideous outfits to the games.
2. JON, do you detest Wannstedt in part because he failed with your beloved Chi Bears?
I'm actually not really much of a Bears fan. Chiefs are my team. But for the record, had Ditka not pussied out and ran against Obama, I most definitely would have voted for Da Coach!!
1. JON, are we going to meet up and get photographed in red button-up cardigans?
Where you be sitting? I got tickets in 102, but I'm guessing it won't be too dificult to move to a better seat. Does Pitt fan even show up for games? I'm still trying to find me a flight out of KC on Friday night. I cannot go on Thursday.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

TheJON wrote:
We need a photo of Jon in those yellow and black stripped overalls that hawkfan wears soo proudly.
They do? There's like 3 people out of 70,000 that wears those hideous outfits to the games.
Are you kidding? There are at least 3 of those chuckleheads per tailgate.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I don't have tickets at the moment JON, but I think I will go to the game. I don't think it'll be a problem picking a few tickets up. I'll let you know...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i hope jon agrees to meet psu for beers at a local brewery with designs to relocate to colorado.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Was Leopold's planning that betrayal even then?
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

Mace wrote:
stuckinia wrote:

Are you kidding? There are at least 3 of those chuckleheads per tailgate.
Agreed. In fact, I think there's almost as many Hawk fans wearing those outfits as there are Iowa State fans wearing Pioneer seed corn caps and shit covered boots. Well, almost as many.

Mace

Imagine that, Iowa fan bashing ISU in a thread that has nothing to do with ISU. Don't you guys play Pitt this week?

That was pretty JON-like of you Mace.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh come on now, I only bash ISU on here when you're around Minor!!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mace wrote:
minorthreat wrote:Imagine that, Iowa fan bashing ISU in a thread that has nothing to do with ISU. Don't you guys play Pitt this week?

That was pretty JON-like of you Mace.
Bashing? Maybe it was just a compliment to Clonefan for dressin' up on a Saturday afternoon. What's the matter, minor? No sense of humor?

Mace
Take it easy Mace. Minor is probably a bit upset this week. I've noticed some anger amongst the Clonie nation the last few days. I can't imagine what might be bothering them.......

17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5

I don't know what it could be......
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

TheJON wrote:
Take it easy Mace. Minor is probably a bit upset this week. I've noticed some anger amongst the Clonie nation the last few days. I can't imagine what might be bothering them.......

17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5 17-5

I don't know what it could be......

I'm actually not upset at all. Coach Freerents gets to keep his job for another year and I like our chances against him for some reason.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I don't blame you at all for wanting Kirk to stick around. Afterall, you've won 2 of the last 6 against the guy.

"Coach Freerents"......that is pretty funny though. Rack that!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Speaking of Pitt.....

Holy fuck their fans are arrogant a-holes. What the fuck??? PSUFAN......what's their deal?

Talking shit about how terrible Iowa is. How great they are. How unbelieveably talented they are. How slow Iowa is. How Iowa is one dimensional and they're not. They have all the tools to open up the playbook and Iowa doesn't.

Are they fucking high on crack? This is Pitt we're talking about here. I am 28 years old and don't ever recall Pitt being any good. And they are this arrogant??

I hope we buttfuck those sumbitches in the mouth on Saturday!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You found some Pitt fans?? Where?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TheJON wrote:How great they are. How unbelieveably talented they are. How slow Iowa is. How Iowa is one dimensional and they're not. They have all the tools to open up the playbook and Iowa doesn't.
That's pretty amusing. Opening the playbook for Pitt would be having them throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Their playbook cannot consist of much when they hand off to McCoy so much, especially when they do not have a good QB.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Well, this result surprised me.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Go Pitt, but I'm sure with all the NFL talent Iowa has they will still win the MNC
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

so did y'all hook up at the game?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

JON's departure time: still pending
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I think I've learned a couple things this weekend....

1.Kirk Ferentz is a INCOMPETENT football coach
2.The success we had under Ferentz was NOT a fluke, but it was in SPITE of coaching.

Nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY has less of a clue of what is going on the field than Ferentz and staff. Been like this his entire career. He has favorites. He has done everything he can to make Jake the starter at QB, but it's obvious he isn't the guy. Jake is pitiful. I truly am disappointed in Kirk. I really thought what he pulled yesterday was an embarrassment to this football program. We've all known he wants Jake to start and he keeps hoping Jake will come around. But he's not going to. I said this 3 games into the year last year and everyone of my fellow Hawkeye fans kept telling me "shut up, he's inexperienced quit being so negative". Well, Jake's now started 16 games in his Iowa career and has been HORRIBLE in all of them but 3. Not average, not slightly below average........HORRIBLE.

After we started 3-5, all we heard from Kirk was how far ahead of Ricky Stanzi he is. But he never gave Stanzi a shot. He has no accuracy.....period. I gave up on Jake after the Iowa State game last year because even though he had only 4 starts under his belt I knew he just didn't have the skills. He's undersized, he's inaccurate and he can't handle pressure. You are what you are. Jake plays hard, he's a good kid, he'll be successful in life. But he is NOT a D-1 quarterback. He's got a great arm but absolutely no touch and his pocket presence has gone from pitiful to.......well, it's so bad I don't think there's a word in the Dictionary to describe it.

But Ferentz tries to convince himself that Jake is the guy. The fans keep booing him, he keeps playing him. There isn't a single person outside Ferentz and OC Ken (no) O'Keefe that think Stanzi SHOULDN'T be playing. But Kirk is too loyal to players and coaches he respects a lot and that's going to end up costing him his job. Jake starts the game out poorly. He started out 0-3 passing in the first quarter and all 3 of his passes should have gone for TD's. That's how bad he sucks. Then Stanzi comes in the 2nd quarter and plays very well. Helps get us back in the game. We go into halftime with momentum even though the score should have been closer than 14-10 thanks to a missed field goal. And then Ferentz starts Jake in the 2nd half. For fuck's sake, even Pam Ward knew it was ridiculous. My cell phone blew up with texts from Iowa fans and non-Iowa fans saying things like "has Kirk lost his mind".

I said in the first quarter when Jake started (and, by the way, he NEVER should have started anyways) that Shonn Greene was going to have to rush for 200 yards. I wasn't kidding. And I was right. Greene was amazing too, almost 7 YPC against a pretty good run defense. He led us down the field for the go-ahead score early in the 3rd quarter. But then Kirk decided he was going to stop running him even though he was dominating the game. Jake threw nearly every single play the rest of the game. I can't for the life of me figure out why he did. Jake does not make clutch throws and he's inconsistent. So with it being close down the stretch, why is Jake passing every down? He fucking took a god damn sack on a play he wasn't even under pressure for crying out loud!

With Pitt up 21-20, we had a couple of chances to drive down the field and get a field goal. That's all we needed, but Jake couldn't even manage to get us remotely close to field goal range and then he fumbles to end the game. I knew it too. I hate being negative, but once Pitt took the lead I knew the game was over. Why did I know this even though there was 10 minutes to play? Because I know Jake. I knew O'Keefe and Ferentz wanted Jake to throw every down because they're trying to prove to the Iowa fans how wrong we are about him. If we run Shonn Greene and Jake doesn't throw a bunch to lead us to a score it won't prove anything. The boos won't go away if Shonn Greene runs the ball down their throats and we win. He wanted his boy Christensen to do that so he can shut the fans up just like he did against Michigan in 2001 with Kyle McCann and Brad Banks. I remember sitting next to Michigan fans that were fucking clapping every time McCann came onto the field because they knew that's the only chance they had to win. They couldn't stop Banks and we had a big lead. Then McCann fucks it up, we boo his ass off the field and Ferentz tries to prove a point to us by playing McCann the entire 4th quarter and that cost us the game.

But we've been here done that with Jake for over a year. He isn't capable of getting the job done. I don't know if Stanzi can or not, but I know he's better than Jake. He's shown more pocket presence in a few games than Jake has his entire career. He's also got more touch on his passes and doesn't wet his pants under pressure. He's just not as experienced as Jake because our coaches are fucking selfish morons.

Kirk is probably now forced to start Ricky next week against Northwestern and play him the whole game unless he's playing very poorly. If Jake plays, it will get ugly. Every single incomplete pass (even if dropped by a WR) will bring out 70,000 boos. Even the fans that stuck up for Jake all of last year are now against him. Kirk lost a lot of respect amongst his fans yesterday. Not because of the loss. I'm actually not surprised by the loss (even predicted it before the season), but it's the crap he pulled that has the fans wanting him fired. It was a garbage decision by him and I don't think it had ANYTHING to do with football as to why Jake played. I think he's desperately trying to stick it in our faces because he hates it that we know more about his team than he does and we always have.

In Kirk We Trust? Fuck that. More like In Kirk We Have No Respect!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

hater.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Well, Ferentz in his post-game interview just said something he'll never be able to live down unless he wins the next 20 national titles....

Kirk on why he went with Jake Christensen in the 2nd half....

"I just had a gut feeling...."

Excuse me while I vomit....

Gut feeling???? We pay a coach $3 million per year and he makes crutial game decisions based on "gut feelings".

By the way, we have a local TV call-in show here on Sunday nights and the meltdown from Hawkeye nation is epic! It's almost soothing to here. Unintentional group therapy. Good stuff!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The hawkeyes are who we thought they were
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The hawkeyes are who we thought they were
Kirk Ferentz and DickRod have more in common than just being candidates for the Michigan job this offseason.

They both got outcoached by, gulp, Dave Wannstedt. They might be the only 2 coaches at either the college or pro level that have accomplished this. Props to them.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

point taken, but at least michigan has a future.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The hawkeyes are who we thought they were
i told you
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You told me? :lol: Oh, OK adel. Before the season even started I've been bagging on Iowa pretty hard. I'm sure JON will attest to that.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You told me? :lol: Oh, OK adel. Before the season even started I've been bagging on Iowa pretty hard. I'm sure JON will attest to that.
i dont know what you said, but i have been saying from the start that Iowa is shit. And bingo, they proved me right.

i call the frauds out early and often. too bad i cant pick winners vs spread like i call out frauds on this board.

How bad is it, when you lose to a team Wanny is a coach of???
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

How bad is it, when you lose to a team Wanny is a coach of???
I dunno. Go ask West Virginia. They went on to win a BCS Bowl last year after the Pitt loss. Fluke's do happen. How do you think Ron Zook got to the Rose Bowl last year???
i dont know what you said, but i have been saying from the start that Iowa is shit. And bingo, they proved me right.
Because of 1 loss? So when we finish 9-3, I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing, right?

Iowa also proved me right by losing to Pitt. Go check my preseason predictions. The first 4 games have gone almost exactly as I predicted. Said we'd blow out the first 2 teams. Play mediocre against ISU, but win by a couple of TD's and then lose to Pitt in a close game. We're right on schedule to get to where I thought we would preseason.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

How do you think Ron Zook got to the Rose Bowl last year???
Certainly not because of a fluke. There was some questionable officiating in their win over tOSU, but they played well all season long, really.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PSUFAN wrote:
Certainly not because of a fluke. There was some questionable officiating in their win over tOSU, but they played well all season long, really.
They didn't play well against Iowa, that's for sure.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:
They didn't play well against Iowa, that's for sure.
Yeah, it was a fluke.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

No it wasn't. Zook loses a lot of those types of games. It's only a fluke if it happens once or twice, not when it happens quite often.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

so...not a fluke?

Make up yer mind, here...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Illinois had a good team last year and beat the Big Ten's three best teams (OSU, Wisky, PSU). Nothing flukey about that, their offense was sick. They were just outmatched against a USC team that would've dominated many teams.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PSUFAN wrote:so...not a fluke?

Make up yer mind, here...
No, it wasn't a fluke. Read what I wrote. Losing to a mediocre team like Iowa last year was not a fluke because Zook loses those games on a regular basis. Again, it's only a fluke if it's a rare occurence. This wasn't a rare occurence. So, no, not a fluke.
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

Iowa beat Illinois because it was Iowa's Super Bowl.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

backup QB for illinois threw a deep ball for a TD, and they made a shady holding call late in the 4th quarter.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

minorthreat wrote:Iowa beat Illinois because it was Iowa's Super Bowl.
Isn't that the only way a team in this state can win these days??
Adelpiero wrote:backup QB for illinois threw a deep ball for a TD, and they made a shady holding call late in the 4th quarter.
True. It was a bad call. But Zook got outcoached in that game. Iowa outplayed Illinois for most of the game. That holding call didn't cost them the game. Their inability to give the freakin' ball to Mendenhall did. Illinois has nobody to blame but Zook for losing that game. Not the bad call in the 4th quarter.