I'm calling it- Rays will not make the postseason

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

I'm calling it- Rays will not make the postseason

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

They are a complete fraud. When Sept. rolls around and they play two series vs. the Yankees and Red Sox, they will fold.

Cute little story, but you watch. September is the month where they remember that they are the Rays.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: I'm calling it- Rays will not make the postseason

Post by War Wagon »

Yer a fuckin' jerkoff.

They've got the best record in MLB, a 4-1/2 game lead in their division, and that pitching staff isn't a fraud.

Go pack sand.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

War Wagon wrote:Yer a fuckin' jerkoff.

They've got the best record in MLB, a 4-1/2 game lead in their division, and that pitching staff isn't a fraud.

Go pack sand.

4 1/2 game lead is razor thin. That could be 1/2 game by next Saturday and that's when they will start to shit their pants and realize they have never been in this situation. Mark my words- they will not make the postseason. I'd put money on even Chicago getting the wild card over these fly-by-night posers. Who in that rotation beside Kasmir scares anyone? Sonnanstine? Garza? :lol:

How many .300 hitters in the lineup? :lol:

This is the ultimate smoke and mirrors. Not as much of a fraud as the Rockies last year, but close.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You're on drugs, man.

You don't get to late August, in arguably the best division in baseball, with the record they have by being posers.

If anything, it's the BoSox who are the posers this year.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If they aren't going to fade with Crawford, Longoria and Percival all out, they're staying in the race for good. I think many have waited for the wheels to fall off but they continue to get it done. It seems odd that we'll see Tampa Bay in the playoffs this year and not the Yankees and possibly even the Red Sox too if wild card comes from the Central.

By the way, 5-3 Rays over Chicago today.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

How many .300 hitters in the lineup?
Oooh, I know the answer to this one.....

"The same amount of .300 hitters the Chicago White Sox had in 2005 when they won the World Series?"

DING DING.....WE HAVE A WINNER!

Epic take Yer a Fucking Jerkoff.......next time you turn on ESPN, please don't post their take here. Thanks!
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

crushing loss last night against a more playoff experienced team (CWS)

4 1/2 game lead and the noose just tightened.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: 4 1/2 game lead is razor thin. That could be 1/2 game by next Saturday and that's when they will start to shit their pants and realize they have never been in this situation. Mark my words- they will not make the postseason.
How's that working out?

Props for at least giving me one extra reason to pay attention to MLB this September.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yep, the Rays were 21-7 in August. Dang chokers...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Props for at least giving me one extra reason to pay attention to MLB this September.
Oh come on, you've already got plenty of reasons to watch baseball in September.

Let's see....

Kila is up!!

Oh, and we get to watch and see if the Royals can become the first team ever to go from being only 7 games under .500 with under 50 games to go and still lose 100 games! I have faith in this team. They can pull it off. God knows they quit 3 weeks ago. They still need 6 wins to avoid 100 losses and I'm not sure they have it in them to win that many games in a month. Avoiding 100 losses would show heart. Clearly, they don't have that. They also don't have a competent manager, pitching coach, or hitting coach. Dayton Moore's pretty much a retard too. Hasn't improved very much. Still can't develop players, still waste money on shit free-agents.

And one last thing......John Bale and Himmy Hobble are back in the bigs! If the fact that those 2 pieces of crap are on our roster won't lead a Royals fan to drinking I don't know what will.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

rozy wrote:Yep, the Rays were 21-7 in August. Dang chokers...
Read my first post a little closer:

September is the month where they remember that they are the Rays.

Madden challenging the obvious A-Rod homer last night was proof of their assholes getting tighter and tighter. :lol:

How about a 3 game lead now?

September has just begun and the choke job is on....four more game vs. the Yankees and two more series vs. the Red Sox. Both of those are teams that know how to win in September. The Yankees may be done but they still have the veterans to win these kinds of games against a team like Tampa who, as I predicted, are untested and choking on their own cocks right now.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Some would say they're choking. And the rest of us that aren't fucking retarded would say it's amazing what they've done considering their 2 best hitters have been out the last month along with their closer.

Take Papi, Youkilis, and Papelsmear off the Sawx and they lose 20 straight.

Even if Boston overtakes them in the East......who cares? They have the wild card all but clinched anyways. They need to win maybe 5 more games to get the WC. All that matters is making it to the postseason.

No one's choking, you're just fucking dumb.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Longoria activated from the DL but won't hit or play in the field until next Friday...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... sp&c_id=tb
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

TheJON wrote:Even if Boston overtakes them in the East......who cares? They have the wild card all but clinched anyways.

I never directly respond to positively dreadful shit trolls like "YaFJ", but I am glad one of you idiots finally pointed out the obvious….
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
I never directly respond to positively dreadful shit trolls like "YaFJ", but I am glad one of you idiots finally pointed out the obvious….
My history of making great predictions qualifies me as a great poster. Like the Pats not winning th SB.

Meanwhile, the Rays are choking like bitches. Three weeks to go, and a 1.5 game lead :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yes, the lead is down 1-1/2 games over Boston but they're 8 games ahead of Twins...the wild card is definitely there for them if the Sox catch them. The Twins have 19 games to make up 8 games, if they can't make up the 2-1/2 game deficit on the White Sox in the Central. The Rays are still sitting pretty with 2 games in hand on the Twins are 7 games ahead in the win column.

The schedule sets up for them to control their destiny...6 more games with Boston and a big 4-game set at home with the Twins next weekend. We should know for sure whether or not these guys are going to get into the playoffs by Monday the 22nd after the Minnesota series. The last week of the season, they finish with road series against Baltimore and Detroit...the Rays are 14-3 against those two clubs.

The big thing will be having Longoria back for tonight's game...the opener of a 3-game series in Boston. Great matchup on Tuesday with Kazmir and Dice-K and it'll be interesting to see Beckett on Wednesday, who only pitched 5 innings in a start last week and threw only three times all of last month. The Rays have to face the Sox three best starters in this series but losing 2 of 3 still means they leave the series in first place.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

I cannot stand the Red Sox, but I think they will sweep the fluke Rays.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Without Longoria, Crawford and Upton...the Rays go into Boston and take 2 of 3 from the Sox against their three best starters. The lead is back up to 2-1/2 games. They aren't out of danger yet but that was a big series win for them.

The wild card race is still quite interesting with Minnesota only 5 games behind the Red Sox and the late charging Blue Jays are 7 games back and are coming hard. They've been the best team in the AL since the All-Star break. Halladay and Burnett have been horses and Wells has been a major contributor since he came back from injury this most recent time. The calendar might be their biggest enemy because if we still had another month after September left in the season, I wouldn't put it past them to catch the Twins and Red Sox for that wild card spot. With only 17 games left, the Sox can go 9-8 down the stretch while the Jays would have to go 16-1 or 17-0 to catch them.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Shoalzie wrote: The calendar might be their biggest enemy because if we still had another month after September left in the season, I wouldn't put it past them to catch the Twins and Red Sox for that wild card spot.
Huh???? What the fuck do you mean by that...???

News flash dude...THERE IS NOT ANOTHER MONTH IN THE SEASON...if my Aunt had a crank she would be my uncle...

If there was another month things would look a whole lot different..FOR A LOT OF TEAMS... :o :o :o :o

Nice battle of the fossils last night....Timmlin gets yaked...for 3 fucking runs..Percivel can't throw a fucking strike if he had to, and he gets Madden all up in his face..verrrryy nice job there...go off on the manager when he comes out to hook you cause you can't fucking pitch..go ahead and consider that Percivels last mound stand ever...him and Timmlin both are just the dudes I want to hand the ball to in the 14th inning...in a pennant race... righttttt...very impressive work by both...

And if the season was 2 months longer, the Mariners might make a math run at the wild card in the AL..bawhaaaa...I was at Safeco last Friday and Saturday, them v the Yankoff's, and the Mariners have just possibly have the worst bull pen in baseball....but both the Rays and Sox were trying to top them last night...pretty pathetic performance for 2 teams in the pennant race...
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm simply pointing out the Jays have been arguably the best team in the AL but they don't enough time to make up ground and catch the teams ahead of them for the wild card. It's a concept known as 'too little, too late'.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

By tomorrow night the Rays will be in second place in the division.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:By tomorrow night the Rays will be in second place in the division.
Irrelevant

You stated they would not make the postseason. Still 2 weeks and a big wild card lead to go on that one. Last week they put your choke garbage to rest. But by all means, carry on the shit troll job.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:By tomorrow night the Rays will be in second place in the division.
Didn't your dumbass predict them to be swept in Boston last week? Nice pick. Boston almost won 2 games in that series!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TheJON wrote:They have the wild card all but clinched anyways.
I don't think they'd want to be playing Anaheim in the first round, especially since the Angels have OWNED the Red Sox.

This is a big week for the Rays with 2 more against Boston and then 4 at home with Minnesota. The wild card race could get real interesting in Minnesota can take the series.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You were saying?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:I would just like to humbly note that this thread is not going very well for me.
4. Wipe cock on drapes
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

R-Jack wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:My history of making great predictions qualifies me as a great poster.
:lol:

Magic number for your prediction (playoffs) is what? 2?

The wild card elimination number for the Twins is 4...so that pretty much means the Sox and Rays would clinch a playoff spot. The Yankees and Blue Jays' elimination number is at 3. The Rays could clinch a playoff berth by the weekend.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

i don't see how the Rays are winning all these games.

That is a shaky bullpen. Who is going to close for them?

At this point I look like an idiot. I still think that they don't win the division and get swept by the Angels in the first round.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I made an ass of myself as the Rays clinched the playoffs today. I say they get swept by the Angels in round one as a wild card team.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You should really get out of the predictions business.

RACK the Rays.

I hope they hold on to win the division, and you have to swallow yet another of your wack calls.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What would be perfect is if the Packers beat the Cowboys tonight and ruin both of his bold predictions.

RACK the Rays as well...they'll definitely make this year's playoffs a lot of fun to watch.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:What would be perfect is if the Packers beat the Cowboys tonight and ruin both of his bold predictions.
Actually, that would make the troll job even more successful as you idiots continue to reply to the bullshit.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Actually, that would make the troll job even more successful as you idiots continue to reply to the bullshit.
This is the 2nd time you've chimed in with that tripe. I ignored it the 1st time, expecting you'd get the message, but you seem pretty certain of your reasoning.

You're confusing the post with the poster. I didn't and don't see this topic as being a troll job, but a legit questioning of the Rays post season bona-fides.

I think they've answered the question.

Sure, I never had much doubt they'd at least make the wildcard, but the question still remains if they can hold on to the division. I almost think they clinched a wildcard berth too soon, and may let up and just soak in the glory of making the playoffs.

We'll see, and if it's ok with you, I'll continue to respond to those topics that interest me. Actually, I don't really need your approval.

It's a pretty remarkable turnaround for this previous laughing stock of a franchise, you must admit. Holy shit, they had only once before even won 70 games.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:This is the 2nd time you've chimed in with that tripe. I ignored it the 1st time, expecting you'd get the message, but you seem pretty certain of your reasoning.
I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but no one outside of the greater "913" area is stupid enough to confuse the subject of this thread, not making the post-season, with not winning the division. I know you are chomping at the bit for this rare opportunity to actually run someone, Wags... but believe me, you're getting rollled here. The fact that you don't "get this" is neither surprising nor a new phenomenon. But by all means... git yer smack on, KC tard.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

If this was a troll job, I would have run and ducked for cover after Tampa Bay clinched. But I manned up and admitted that the Rays have played well down the stretch and that I overlooked their heart.

With a loss today and a Boston win, it's back to a slim 1.5 game lead, and they are going to fuck up and end up getting the wild card and get assfucked by Anaheim, who will in turn get beat by Boston as they always do.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I know you are chomping at the bit for this rare opportunity to actually run someone...
I'm not trying to run anyone.

I chose my words carefully and with deference to a made Jackass.

If I had been trying to run someone from this particular thead, you'd have been the first to know.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:I chose my words carefully and with deference to a made Jackass.
Understood… but, please don't. There'll never be any hard feelings from this end and I hope you feel the same. I'd rather you came at me with both guns blazing… even if you end up shooting yourself in the foot.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:At this point I look like an idiot.
At any point you look like an idiot.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:That is a shaky bullpen. Who is going to close for them?
Balfour has been $$$$$ lately. Percival shouldn't be closing anymore.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Tampa Bay Rays - 2008 AL East Champions

(just sayin')

The Rays will face the AL Central champ...Angels-Red Sox is the only matchup that is determined at this point. The Angels won the season series against Boston, 8-1. The Rays went 6-4 against Chicago and 3-3 against Minnesota. For the Rays' sake, I think they'd rather face the Sox because the Twins will be able to bring their indoor small ball on the road in addition to being at home since both the Trop and the Metrodome have the artificial surface. The Twins are definitely a team suited for their home environment.