Seriously....I want to dethrone this jerk

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Seriously....I want to dethrone this jerk

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I saw signs posted in front of our neighborhood entrances a couple of weeks ago that read "Fireworks Are Not Allowed in (title of neighborhood)". I knew there wasn't a burn ban because its been raining almost everyday for the past 2 weeks, so then I thought there was a community newsletter sent out discussing the ban and I guess I overlooked the announcement.

It turns out there was no formal ban, but the signs were posted by the president of our HOA just because he thought it would be a good idea.

Below is the stir up from the 4th
Compaint from Resident addressed to President of HOA wrote:I have an serious issue. Tonight people at 7102 undisclosed Dr decided to set off fireworks in the cul-de-sac and the remnants of the fireworks hit several vehicles including mine and nearly hit children that were playing in the yards nearby. I called Pct 4 to see if a Deputy would come by and speak to them but the dispatcher told me that fireworks were not illegal in anyway. When I stated that fireworks were banded in the subdivision she stated that I would need to take this up with the home owners association. So here is my request to the homeowners association and board members. Although a deputy did come by the area, my issue is this wouldn't have been so bad should it have been Friday night but Sunday night at 10:00 pm when neighbors have to goto work is ridiculous. What can be done??

Response from President of HOA:
Jackass HOA Faggot wrote:The Board hears you, but unfortunately, there is not alot we can do to help you!

I have been yelling about this for several years, and the fact is, unless somebody is bothered by this, they do not have alot of interest in "rocking the boat".

I am the one responsible for the posted signs, which by the way someone runs behind me and steals the signs or paints over the word "not" in the sentence "Fireworks are not allowed". I have been persistent though and quickly replace the sign, when I am in town. To the perpetrator... I hope you are a child and not one of our homeowners!!! If you are an adult, I pity you and your family!

This past weekend (Friday night), I drove the neighborhood and counted 23 different people shooting fireworks. Maybe I missed a few, so let's say 35-40 homes out of 907 were making noise. Most of the 907 would probably not care one way or the other.... UNLESS you are one of the unfortunate ones that live near one of the 23 homes making the noise! And we get several complaints just like yours every year! This past New Years, I looked out my front window and saw to my horror, kids shooting roman candles at each other. Worst, they were hiding behind my neighbor's car and the other kid was shooting the candle at the car and HOUSE! My friend was in the house unaware of what was happening and the impending potential for damage and DANGER outside. When I went to the offending neighbor to stop their kids, she said, "Why are you getting so excited?" As if I was at fault! I was excited because I feared for my neighbor that was probably inside trying to sleep! Had his house or car caught fire, it would have been tragic!

I write to my state representative every year and inform him that fireworks are getting bigger and more dangerous every year! They should be outlawed in neighborhood subdivisions like ours! We are entitled to "peace and quiet" and the people that set these fireworks off have no regard for their neighbors! I too wonder why someone has to make this noise at 11:30PM on the Fourth of July (or 10PM on Sunday night)? Where are my/your rights?? Pct. 4 also told me the same thing last year, and I mentioned "Disturbing the peace" to the dispatcher. She talked to her supervisor and they sent out an officer who asked the neighbors to stop!

I will speak to Sgt. (name) with Harris County Pct. 4 and we will also discuss this issue again at our next meeting now scheduled for July 24th. Hopefully you will attend and if you cannot, you will let me know that you support our efforts and help us to come up with some sort of solution. One solution is to issue fines to people that break the deed restrictions. Before we do that though, I would prefer a 75 percent positive vote of the community to support that action. That means we would have to have at least 680 votes in support of some sort of action.

Thanks for writing and I'll let you know where we stand after the July meeting!.

My response to the HOA President...
Rumps response to the HOA President Faggot Fuckface wrote: I read your response to the neighbor who was complaining and I am sure there were/are more complaints from where that came from. I appreciate what you and the other board members do for our community, but the bottom line is, you posting those signs at the neighborhood entrances probably did more harm than good. Your signs were probably stolen and defaced by teenagers AND homeowners because there was no formal due diligence and approval for said signs to be posted in the first place. Well, I take that back, it sounds like you’ve done a lot of due diligence in the past and nothing could be done, so you took it upon yourself to post the ban sign anyways. Obviously, some people told you not in so many words what they thought of your sign and the message that was printed on it.

It’s called backlash, Mr. (name).

I also see that you spent part of your July 4th evening surveying the use of fireworks in the neighborhood. You said you counted 23 homes “making the noise”. And you assumed there were probably 15 more homes making noise as well. I’m not sure what you mean by “making noise”. I think you’re missing the bigger picture here. That “making noise” is a representation of celebrating our country’s birth. Some would consider this as a disappointment for only 35 out of the 907 homes celebrating the 4th of July with the long standing tradition of shooting fireworks. When I was a kid, the street was filled with kids and parents shooting fireworks and now we don’t see that so much. I’m just pointing out a little perspective for you and the other complaining residents.

I agree with you that if the fireworks are handled improperly, then the parents need to step in and educate their children on the dangers of misuse of fireworks. I was a kid once and I was guilty of such dangerous activities. I was lucky in not getting seriously hurt, but I did learn my lesson and would never allow my children to handle fireworks improperly. But at the same time, I want them to experience the same things I did when I was a kid. I want to grill some burgers and hot dogs and celebrate the 4th with neighbors and their children by safely shooting fireworks.

Your haste for banning such activities makes it difficult to side with you on this one, Mr. (name). For me, I think its outlandish behavior to ban an American tradition that has been going on since the Revolutionary War. Oh, and for the record, I happen to live on a cul de sac where people shoot fireworks. I applaud their spirit, but also hope they are conscious and respectful of the surrounding area. But at the same time, we are talking about two times out of the year that this is a “problem” for you and a few others. Is that so bad?

Unfortunately, I wish my voice could be heard at the July 24th meeting, but I attend school at night and will not be able to make it. I do, however, hope that our neighborhood doesn’t fall into a reclusive state due to what you and a few others define as a correct standard of community living. That is just my opinion. Thanks.

Am I wrong?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Get fucked
Just do it

Re: Seriously....I want to dethrone this jerk

Post by Get fucked »

Yeah. Just

Get fucked.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I think its outlandish behavior to ban an American tradition that has been going on since the Revolutionary War.
You're cool with allowing morons to damage property and injure and maim children?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You forgot to mix in a "Go fuck yourself, you piss dribbling sack of shit."
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

PSUFAN wrote:
You're cool with allowing morons to damage property and injure and maim children?
that's what 4th of July is ALL about, sissy
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

That HOA guy would shit his pants if he lived on Conesus Lake.

BTW: There are no professional fireworks for the annual July 3rd Conesus Lake Ring of Fire festivities. Just a whole bunch of cottage owners with a love of explosives and the wherewithal to buy an assload of fireworks.

Oh, and the cops do show up. To direct traffic that is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

Cuda wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:
that's what 4th of July is ALL about, sissy
pretty much

rack
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

HOA?

Hahahahah. You chose the neghborhood.

Live with it.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

we light off fireworks in our driveways round here. when i say we, i mean I, and when i do them they hit everybodys roof. but i guess since im everybodys handyman/magda taker it doesnt mean much. rumps has balls to marry a fatass hog but cant slab some cannons in his baqckyard? sounds like houston sucks balls*.

*sup prime
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

bbqjones wrote: sounds like houston sucks balls*.
I knew my departure was going to cause some problems down there.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Fireworks are an issue in dense neighborhoods. While we are in different parts of the city I am glad that my HOA has a ban on them. $1500 is the fine for first time offenders. Pct 1 Deputies will come by and confirm that they saw people shooting off fireworks to give the complaint more legs.

There are plenty of areas in both Harris and Ft Bend where you can shoot off all the fireworks you want. I don't think it should be done in a neighborhood. So therefore we chose a neighborhood with such rules.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

.m2 wrote:
bbqjones wrote: sounds like houston sucks balls*.
I knew my departure was going to cause some problems down there.
Not really. In celebration of you leaving they did dedicate a firework to you:

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Left Seater wrote:Fireworks are an issue in dense neighborhoods. While we are in different parts of the city I am glad that my HOA has a ban on them. $1500 is the fine for first time offenders. Pct 1 Deputies will come by and confirm that they saw people shooting off fireworks to give the complaint more legs.

There are plenty of areas in both Harris and Ft Bend where you can shoot off all the fireworks you want. I don't think it should be done in a neighborhood. So therefore we chose a neighborhood with such rules.

I wouldn't be opposed to limiting the type of fireworks used in neighborhoods and the time limits they can be used. Nowadays, there is some serious pyro product that can be purchased by your average joe. That can get too loud and too dangerous, but other than that, I see no harm in popping or shooting fireworks in a neighborhood as long as its done safely and only two days out of the year and during acceptable hours of the night. This can be supervised by constables patrolling our neighborhoods. If the rules are broken and someone is pissed, then they can call the police.

Overall, I think its pretty much harmless unless someone is being stupid. And the ones being stupid are the ones who generally get injured first. But, I understand peoples gripe for wanting to ban it all together; I just don't share the same sentiments.

Here is the latest:
HOA President to me wrote:Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your comments and the spirit in which they were intended!

I agree that fireworks are a great American tradition. And if it were up to me, I would prefer a compromise on the issue limiting the time that residents can exhibit fireworks. 11:30 at night is not appropriate in any setting except one night...New Years eve. My personal preference is limiting the time they are allowed, not elimination completely. But many of your neighbors disagree. They would prefer their elimination completely.

I also would like to address your "backlash" comment. The backlash was from a very limited number of individuals. I actually had homeowners calling me this weekend when the person (or persons) would take or change the signs. There are far more people that oppose fireworks in our community that those that favor fireworks. Our job is to represent the MAJORITY of our community and to do what is right for our community and make it a nice place to live and raise a family!

All people are entitled to "peace and quiet", and today, the fireworks are much louder and (frankly prettier) than those that I grew up with. The simple bottle rocket has been replaced with near professional grade explosives that rattle windows. Unfortunately, a few people that disregard common courtesy and common sense will spoil it for everyone. The only reason I am continuing the debate, is because our neighbors are insisting that something be done.

Oh, and by the way, the rule against fireworks is in the DEED RESTRICTIONS! It is not something that I took up personally and decided to enforce.

My reponse:
Me to HOA president wrote:I apologize for misunderstanding your previous comments. I interpreted your message as most of the community being indifferent about the subject of shooting fireworks in the neighborhood.

You did say you receive “several complaints”, but you also said “Most of the 907 would probably not care one way or the other…” After my reply, you stated there are “far more people that oppose fireworks” and it “is [HOA’s] job to represent the MAJORITY of [HOA’s] community.”

I know email is a poor way of communicating and can lead to a lot of misinterpretation, but from what I gather from your responses “majority” is a term you and I do not agree on its meaning and/or definition. Majority means (to me) that more than half of our community writes, emails, or calls our HOA and complains about the use of fireworks in the community. If I’m not mistaken, that means you receive well over 450 complaints from 450 different homeowners. However, you also stated that most of the 907 homeowners “would probably not care one way or the other”, so which is it? I know you don’t want to engage in a discussion of semantics with me, but I had to ask because of the emphasis placed on that particular word.

As for the use of fireworks being prohibited in the Deed Restrictions, then I do apologize for not knowing that particular restriction and retract my statement about you taking it upon yourself to post the signs. But it is funny you mentioning this as a Deed Restriction and that our HOA took the time to have signs made to point this out with our community funds. Maybe, I’m wrong on that last part. It could have come out of your own pocket, so if that’s the case, then good for you. The bottom line is signs were made to point out a Deed Restriction for a problem that occurs twice a year. Why just this one Deed Restriction? Why not make signs for people who let their cats roam the neighborhood, why not have signs for people who leave their cars parked on the streets, why not have signs made for people who have sheds built without filing the proper paperwork? Don’t answer that question, because I already know the answer to it. Those issues are not as dangerous and/or as pressing as the issues of fireworks, right? Also, our community would probably be considered “inept” if we had numerous signs posted at the multiple entrances pointing out all our problems.

What I’m trying to convey is that if this particular issue is a big problem, then why not take formal action on the participants like the HOA does on the residents who do not mow their lawn enough, or have their cars parked in the streets, or residents who have unauthorized garage sales? Isn’t that what the HOA is supposed to do when a Deed Restriction is violated? I don’t know, so I could be wrong about this.

I still stand on the position of saying that overall, in the big scheme of things, fireworks in the neighborhood is not a serious issue and that it represents a celebration of New Years and our country’s birth. If anything, I think popping fireworks draws our communities closer together rather than separating them. Heck, the first time my wife and I met any of our neighbors was a July 4th cul de sac party and we had lived in our house for 4 months up to that point. Of course, this is just my opinion and I cannot speak for anyone else but me. I’m just saying fireworks are not a symbol of neighborhood disarray, but rather a symbol of unity. Call it cheesy, but I think history backs me up on this.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rumps,

Nobody fucking cares.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Why do HOA's hate America?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Goober McTuber wrote:Rumps,

Nobody fucking cares.

I'm filling in for Dan Vogel today.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Rumps,

Nobody fucking cares.

I'm filling in for Dan Vogel today.
You're doing a piss-poor job. Quit posting your little email hair-pulling contest, and tell everyone about your wife-swapping party relationship workshop.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:HOA?

Hahahahah. You chose the neghborhood.

Live with it.

Do you have the ability to change other people’s posts in this forum, Mikey? If not, you might want to step carefully. You might get in over your head.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rumps would have to go on a bulldozer rampage if he wanted to engage in wife-swapping. I don't think he's a Palestinean.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

PSUFAN wrote: I don't think he's a Palestinean.
Your "2.37" is showing again.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

mfool calling someone out on a typo? hahahahaha
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

PSUFAN wrote:mfool calling someone out on a typo? hahahahaha
Palestinean and Palestinian isn't a simple slip of the keystroke, my simpleton Viking friend.

It's why you're known as "2.37".
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll gladly concede to one so widely lauded for his brilliance.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

PSUFAN wrote:I'll gladly concede to one so widely lauded for his brilliance.
Your bow has been considered and accepted.

You may now carry on with your trivial spam.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You certainly do the have right to 'show your patriotism'. You do not have the right to keep the neighborhood awake on a sundady night. Some of us, patriotic as we might be, have to get up early monday morning. And you sure as hell do not have the right to fukk up other people's personal property.

If you're really so goddamn patriotic, I suggest you go down and visit your marine recruiter. They are hiring, or so Ive been told.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

.m2 wrote:It's why you're known as "2.37".
But you and I both know why we call you that, and it has nothing to do with GPA, right Stubby?

/sin/

"I see everything twice!"
SaladTosser
Violet the Organ Grinder

Post by SaladTosser »

RACK that bbqjones guy.
Bizzarofelice wrote:I drank as much orange soda as an inner city block party.