Why even bother with an election?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Why even bother with an election?

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Wouldn't certain circumstances allow for foregoing a national election and just settling for a simple Handing Over Of Power ceremony?
I mean, if it looks as if the Dems are going to get clobbered this fall, why waste taxpayer money with a formality like an election? It can only lead to anxiety and embarrassment over nothing.

A few documents signed...some snappy salutes...and on to business. No fuss, no muss.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Why even bother with an election?

If it's laughs you're looking for, there's always YouTube.

Just trying to save you some money, 'sall.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Well if anything McCain needs the race just so he can prove he's still capable of living that much longer w/out going senile.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Martyred wrote:It can only lead to anxiety and embarrassment over nothing.
Didn't you see the pictures of weeping Kerry supporters in 04? Would you deny us that simple pleasure?
Dude, Marty is a commie; denying simple pleasures to people is in their DNA
Hopefully there might even be riots.
You can bet on it. The spooks are gonna go ape-shit in any event. If Hitlery steals the nomination, they riot. If the Big Jig gets the nomination and gets his ass wiped in November, they'll riot, and if (G0d forbid) he should win... they'll fucking riot in celebration.
Schadenfreude is the way of life in American politics.
Why limit it to politics?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Martyred wrote:I mean, if it looks as if the Dems are going to get clobbered this fall, . . .
If you really believe that, you've probably been spending far too much time on this board.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Martyred wrote:I mean, if it looks as if the Dems are going to get clobbered this fall, . . .
If you really believe that, you've probably been spending far too much time on this board.
Even voters in Mississippi are fed up with GOP rule.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 9895.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mean so what if the district went 62-37 for Bush the last go around? So what if the GOP spent 2.5 million or so trying to keep what should have been a safe seat and failed? So what if the GOP sent Mike Huckabee, Thad Cochran, Trent Lott, Haley Barbour, Roger Wicker AND Dick Cheney to stump for Greg Davis? This only means America is thirsty for the change only McCain can provide!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

The only was most Dems can get elected is if they pretend they are conservatives--
like this guy is doing now

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/375071.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What say Bri ?? Obama the religious zealot ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Wolfman wrote:The only was most Dems can get elected is if they pretend they are conservatives--
like this guy is doing now

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/375071.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What say Bri ?? Obama the religious zealot ??
In that article, CBN does not use a capital "C" for the word "cross".

Anywhere else, I'd say that some dolt made a typo, but this is freakin' CBN.

What gives Christians?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote: Why even bother with an erection?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:
Wolfman wrote: Why even bother with an erection?

..yea, I get it :oops:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Ace
Elwood

Post by Ace »

mvscal wrote:Didn't you see the pictures of weeping Kerry supporters in 04?
And dont forget the news stories regarding Kerry's supporters seeking therapy after his lost.. Buncha pussies :lol:
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

mvscal wrote: Didn't you see the pictures of weeping Kerry supporters in 04? Would you deny us that simple pleasure? Can you even begin to imagine the soul crushing disappointment Dems are going to experience when Obilgepump crashes and burns? Hopefully there might even be riots.

Schadenfreude is the way of life in American politics.
Well, whatever it takes to buck you up after the GOP loses another 30 seats in the House and at least 8 in the Senate.

When your party can't even when the knuckledragger hillbilly vote in Mississippi, you can't win anywhere.

Grab a Snickers and enjoy that minority. You're going to be here for a while.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

This isn't going to turn out like your pronostication of the last mid term elections for the senate and house, is it?

Just curious. I seem to remember you predicting the GOP would do well in that election and that the Dems would not get over, when in reality the GOP got their asses handed to them.

Not that the Dems did anything with that chance, mind you, but you were way the fuck off on that prediction.

'sayin.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:This isn't going to turn out like your pronostication of the last mid term elections for the senate and house, is it?
Of course it is. Mv is all about the Rove ideal of incessant attack in the face of all opposition. Just two months ago he was claiming that Hillary would never "allow" Obama to be the nominee. Now that the exact opposite has happened, do you think mv is going to revisit that? Hell no. He's going to claim that Obama has been somehow fatally weakened by virtue of what has made him strong. Namely, winning the Democratic nomination. It's classic Karl Rove bullshit and he expects you to fall for it dammit!
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:This isn't going to turn out like your pronostication of the last mid term elections for the senate and house, is it?
Now that the exact opposite has happened
It's not over yet BSmack. While Obama seems to have a lock on the nomination, Hillary is still swinging back and her supporteres are growing more and more disgruntled with - Obama.

She's not going quietly into that good night.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:It's not over yet BSmack. While Obama seems to have a lock on the nomination, Hillary is still swinging back and her supporteres are growing more and more disgruntled with - Obama.

She is very much going gently into the night. Her campaign has stopped the attack ads. Even in states like South Dakota that she might have a chance to impact with negative ads, her ads have been all positive. She's basically waiting for a miracle that will not be coming.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:It's not over yet BSmack. While Obama seems to have a lock on the nomination, Hillary is still swinging back and her supporteres are growing more and more disgruntled with - Obama.

She is very much going gently into the night. Her campaign has stopped the attack ads. Even in states like South Dakota that she might have a chance to impact with negative ads, her ads have been all positive. She's basically waiting for a miracle that will not be coming.
I think she's re-evaluated her approach to be sure. I think the attack ads hurt her more than helped her but I don't think she's giving up.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080519/D90P18C80.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:I think she's re-evaluated her approach to be sure. I think the attack ads hurt her more than helped her but I don't think she's giving up.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080519/D90P18C80.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh to be sure, Hillary will be waiting to fill the void should Obama be found in bed with a live man or a dead woman. Otherwise, she's just going through the motions.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:The knuckledraggers in Mississippi are never going to vote for n...igger. You understand that, right? Odumbfuck can't even unify his own party let alone win a national election.

His poll numbers among whites tells the story. No fucking chance. The GOP can run a sock puppet and win in a wipeout.
Nice troll job. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ege_update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, it's still a long time until November. But as things stand right now, if every state goes the way it's projected, you'd have Obama with a 260-240 edge pending the tossups.

That means that if Obama were to win Ohio, it'd be over. Even if Obama lost Ohio, he could still win the Electoral College by winning Colorado and either Nevada or New Hampshire. And even if Obama were to lose both Ohio and Colorado and win Nevada and New Hampshire, or lose Ohio, Nevada and New Hampshire while winning Colorado, he still gets the election into the House of Representatives. With a Democratic majority in the House, he's likely to win there.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Now that the exact opposite has happened
It's not over yet BSmack. While Obama seems to have a lock on the nomination, Hillary is still swinging back and her supporteres are growing more and more disgruntled with - Obama.

Not here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Lstkiexhc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Martyred wrote:Why bother with an election?
Why bother with a Canadian armed forces? No one wants to invade you because 90% of the land is uninhabitable to all except penguins, your natural resources are too expensive to extract because they're all in the artic circle, the women carry around an extra layer of blubber, the men are too drunk to work and anyone worth a fuck comes down to live in the states.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

OCmike wrote:Why bother with a Canadian armed forces? No one wants to invade you
I do. I want revenge for Canada creating and exporting Celine Dion.

As soon as I can get 2-3 guys with water pistols and a willingness to travel north, the invasion is on.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

We have a bitch attorney who is married to an attorney.

A loudmouth attorney married to an attorney.

OR A Genuine war hero married to a large breasted Beer distributor...

You decide.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

You decide.

How long would it take that "war hero," if elected, to call in the massive amounts of favors he's banked, and ramrod a law through Congress that exempts beer distributors from paying taxes, and in fact subsidizes beer distributors with 100's of billions of taxpayer dollars?

Because frankly, it would be grossly out of character for McCain tonot do exactly that.

He's a fucking criminal -- and he got a presidential nomination... what a nation of fucking gullible morons we've become.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dinsdale wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

You decide.

How long would it take that "war hero," if elected, to call in the massive amounts of favors he's banked, and ramrod a law through Congress that exempts beer distributors from paying taxes, and in fact subsidizes beer distributors with 100's of billions of taxpayer dollars?

Because frankly, it would be grossly out of character for McCain tonot do exactly that.

He's a fucking criminal -- and he got a presidential nomination... what a nation of fucking gullible morons we've become.
And then Dins was invited back to join the rest of us in the real world...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Is it true that the Dems are going to solve their Florida/Michigan problem by seating those delegates with the the other 55 states ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

SunCoastSooner wrote:We have a bitch attorney who is married to an attorney.

A loudmouth attorney married to an attorney.

You decide.
You seem to have a higher opinion of McCain's wife than he does. His calling her a "cunt" and stating that she uses a trowel to put on makeup out front told me so.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

That was just the beer talking and you know it.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

That's not beer. That's Budweiser.