Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Y'all find a loophole?

Post by SoCalTrjn »

To the slackers go the spoils
Associated Press

...He's trying to be diplomatic -- he really is. It's just not in his makeup.

Pete Carroll competes. With his buddies in pickup basketball. With a visitor at Heritage Hall to make it out the door first and into yet another sun-soaked Southern California day. And, yes, at building the monster that is USC football.

Hold his tongue now? Not going to happen.

"I don't want to sound like a jerk," Carroll says, "But other coaches ... they're just lazy."

If you're Pete Carroll, how else can you look at the NCAA's new recruiting rule? Those who can't compete complain.

Two months ago at the NCAA convention, the SEC proposed legislation -- and a majority of its coaches agreed -- to prohibit head coaches from making off-campus visits during the spring evaluation period. It passed and kicks in next month, from April 15 to May 31.

The change was made -- in theory -- to help coaches avoid more frequent "bumping" incidents when coaches are not allowed to speak to recruits. Here's how the "bump" works: A coach goes to a high school to watch tape on a player and the player innocently walks into his coach's office at the same time and -- ta-da! -- we have a bona fide coincidence.
Today, we see Saban, Leslie and Fulmer exploiting a loophole in a rule THEY pushed into passage....and the NCAA apparently has NO problem with it.

Someone help me on this one...

What's the difference between 'bumping into' a recruit during a time when no contact is allowed, and setting up a meeting to purposefully speak with the recruit on a webcam during a time in which no contact is allowed?
Saban, Miles talk to recruits via Web camera to bypass new rule
Associated Press

Updated: May 9, 2008, 8:22 PM ET
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Nick Saban normally spends this time of year on the road evaluating prep prospects and visiting with high school coaches.

The Alabama coach is doing a different kind of networking these days -- all from the comfort of his office. Saban is among a handful of college head coaches using video conferences to chat with recruits because they can't meet in person.

A new NCAA regulation -- dubbed the "Saban Rule" -- is keeping coaches from making those traditional visits to high school campuses during the spring evaluation period that runs through May.

Webcams have hardly replaced telephones or text messages as the preferred mode of talking to recruits. But, said LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette, they are without a doubt the wave of the future in long-distance communicating with high school players.

Saban and Southeastern Conference rivals Les Miles of LSU and Phillip Fulmer of Tennessee are using the Internet tool. Others among several dozen schools contacted by The Associated Press are considering or have considered it.

"We've got the technology in place, and most of the high schools we're finding have the technology that allows it, so it makes sense," Bonnette said. "Once again, it's one of the perks of being on the forefront when it comes to technology, so we're going to use it to our advantage."

Even before the new rule, coaches weren't allowed to have more than brief, inadvertent contact with recruits during the spring, a rule Saban was accused of breaking last year in Miami. He has called the new restrictions against visits to high schools "ridiculous."

When they went into effect, he turned to Plan B: Webcams, which are permitted by the NCAA.

Saban said he speaks to "four or five" recruits a day on the Web when he's in the office. He had previously used the technology with LSU, the NFL's Miami Dolphins and at Alabama for things like giving players a chance to talk to doctors or sports psychiatrists.

"I just think it's a better way to communicate," said Saban, who estimates he visited some 100 high schools last spring. "It's great to communicate over the phone but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with this conversation right now if I could see the person I was talking to.

"In business meetings, they wouldn't use the technology if it wasn't a more effective way to communicate, would they?"

It may be the new, new thing. But not everyone seems likely to embrace the technology.

Florida State's 78-year-old Bobby Bowden is more at home with face-to-face chats in recruits' living rooms. What about screen to screen?

"I can guarantee you Coach Bowden is not on a Webcam," Florida State football SID Elliott Finebloom said.

Auburn's Tommy Tuberville said he plans to stick to his strategy of assembling the Tigers' coaching staff at his home on the first day of permitted contact and take turns chatting with each targeted player. Webcams aren't in the game plan.

"I wouldn't be interested in doing it," Tuberville said. He said personal contact is the method he prefers. "I've talked to them, their parents, they've been on our campus. I think that's what's important."

Besides, he added, "I've been recruiting these kids since the eighth grade. Hopefully, they know what I look like."

Oklahoma State coaches have approached compliance director Scott Williams about the possibility of using Webcams. Williams said the latest high-tech tool definitely merits consideration for recruiting.

"It's constantly evolving," Williams said, pointing to text messaging and MySpace pages.

The NCAA rules count "all electronically transmitted human voice exchange" as phone calls, specifically mentioning videoconferencing and videophones.

"We have a rule, and it's been in place for awhile, that Webcams and video conferences are considered telephone calls," NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said. "We don't see it as a violation. It would just be subject to rules we have regarding recruiting and telephone contact."

Illinois' Ron Zook and Colorado's Dan Hawkins adopted different strategies to cope with the new rule instead of going online with recruits. Zook is visiting coaching clinics around the country as another way of "getting to know high school coaches and establish relationships," spokeswoman Cassie Arner said.

Hawkins is using the time to visit fans, donors and even speak to grade schools, spokesman David Plati said. Saban also is doing a seven-city tour speaking to Crimson Tide supporters.

Minnesota recruiting coordinator Dan Berezowitz said the so-called "Saban Rule" limits the demands on "coaches who don't want to work and evens the playing field with the ones who do." He is eager for coach Tim Brewster to start using the Webcam once they're sure it's permitted by the NCAA.

After that, he said, "there's no sense that you wouldn't be doing it."

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said he'll leave it up to the Sooners coaches if they want to employ Webcams, but figures "people are just taking advantage of what is out there."

"It remains to be seen if it creates any unintended consequences," he said.
So the conference pushes a rule through to the NCAA that is designed to level the playing fields between all D1 schools and then circumvents the rule they push through?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Y'all find a loophole?

Post by King Crimson »

part of the answer is that the NCAA is commanded by a bunch of old farts who see "rules" and "restrictions" as the answer to new media based in a somewhat moribund model that privileges only face-to-face communication such that it models all "official" communication as such. which is sort of archaic.

"our official culture is striving to force the new media to do the work of the old"--Marshall McLuhan
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I'm simply pointing out the folly of the NCAA's logic to not allow coaches brief, inadvertent [face to face] contact with recruits during the spring in person...but allow purposeful face to face contact via webcam.
Other than being separated by distance, what's the difference?
Seems to me they're being allowed to violate the spirit of the rule , by adhering to the letter of the law from exploiting a loophole of the webcam being classified under a telephonic/text message contact.

I just find it hypocritical and disingenuous of the SEC to claim the playing field was uneven due to budgetary constraints of some schools, compounded by the negative effect of pestering kids, and then go on to raise a whole new batch of issues.
After all, couldn't it be said that cash-crunched programs who don't have the technology for web conferencing equipment is now put at a different type of disadvantage?
Suffice it to say the NCAA has now allowed a different gray area to exist, much like their stance on MySpace
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SoCalTrjn wrote: After all, couldn't it be said that cash-crunched programs who don't have the technology for web conferencing equipment is now put at a different type of disadvantage?
no. that's hilarious. every college freshman has on hand the technology for what you call "web confereceing".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

It's no different than text messaging a recruit vs. e-mailing. We all know that Chetey Petey abides by ALL the rules. :meds:
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Yeah, I found a loophole.

Reggie Bush had a f*cking HOUSE bought for his family and still nothing's happened about it 'cause USC is the new Notre Dame to the NCAA.

Riddle me that one, queerbait.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I can see the loophole argument, what is the difference between a video-conference and meeting in-person? Seems to me any issue that the NCAA had before would still be there.

I know Bo has been using the Saban-rule time to get going on opposition film and breakdowns. I guess he should've been figuring out ways to keep shmoozing recruits. Coming off of '07 we need all the shmoozing we can get in.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Wonder what loophole U$C will be using int he Mayo case. I already know schmuck's argument.

Either:

1) It's basketball. Who cares? I hope they shut down the program and start a hockey team.

or

2) [recycled Reggie Bush argument] How was Floyd supposed to know that a dirtbag piss poor kid who never had two nickels to rub together rolling around in a brand new Toyota SUV with big screen flat panel TVs in his dorm wearing very expensive clothes who isn't allowed to have a job is taking money from someone? It was just an agent! How is U$C responsible for that![/recycled Reggie Bush argument]

And I can see it now. This is how the NCAA will get your fucking loophole. Mayo shit will go down fast. They cannot be penalized for repeat offender of lack of institutional control because the Bush mess is still going on. NCAA probably knew this all along which is why they are stringing the fucker out. $C will get some basketball Ws taken away and maybe lose a few schollies. Who cares though? It's $C basketball.

Then, the NCAA will finally act on the Bush violations. Of course, they cannot get repeat offender because when this occurred, the other had not occurred yet. The NCAA will not have the balls to strip $C of their title nor will they have the balls to strip Bush of the Heisman, even though I don't believe that is NCAA sanctioned. The NCAA will slap them on the wrist by taking away 1 year of postseason play. $C will go on to go undefeated in the regular season the year they are banned from postseason play and subsequently beg the AP again for a fake title which whether the AP grants it or not, SoCal Fanpoll on e$cn.com has $C ranked #1 so $C will then self-claim yet another title for their 83rd title in the last 75 years.

Go to hell $C.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Schmuck response in......10......9......8........
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Laxplayer wrote:Schmuck response in......10......9......8........
Not likely. Indy Frisco just went yard.

If there is a response, it'll be option #1 mentioned in Indy's post.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Funny that ESPN is gagging on USC cock right now...

also how can we come down on USC...they play a tough schedule...go on the road...and have never scheduled a 1-AA team...that is the loophole...

wow Indy got a hanging curveball and just hammered that sumbitch over the centerfield wall...I would say he just buttfucked schumck in the mouth...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

why would they take away USCs title? Even if the guy who said he gave money to Lamar Griffen (money that Lake never had to give in the first place) is telling the truth, he was still in prison when USC beat OU 55-19 . You better take OUs 2000 title away cause Big Red Motors was still in business then and though by the NCAAs accounts they may not have been paying players to go play at OU yet...

Lake is a convict, liar and extortionist, let him try to prove what he claims in a court of law.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Nice retort, lamefuck. ^^^
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I dont know anything about the Mayo case but the same questions would have to be asked about it as they were asked about the Bush case.

Was the money allegedly given to Mayo by a booster or someone tied to the school in order for Mayo to go to the school?
or
Was the money allegedly given to Mayo by an agent or someone trying to act like an agent to get him to leave the school?
and
Would that person still have tried to have given Mayo that money if Mayo was at a different school?

The answers to those questions will tell you whether USC is accountable for this or not. And dont give me your lack of institutional crap, an academic department suddenly giving the whole football team As for classes they never went to is a lack of institutional control, not knowing what kind of car a player who doesnt live on campus might be driving in a city of 12 million people is not.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

The answers to those questions will tell you whether USC is accountable for this or not. And dont give me your lack of institutional crap, an academic department suddenly giving the whole football team As for classes they never went to is a lack of institutional control, not knowing what kind of car a player who doesnt live on campus might be driving in a city of 12 million people is not.
No the answers won't because $UC will continue to deny that they knew anything. You know...the Sgt. Schultz way of dealing with things. I like your example of kids not going to class.......that's pretty much the norm in the ghetto. What was Mayo's major again? Rey Rey's? I'm sorry, don't schools require all freshman to live on campus? If Mayo doesn't live on campus then doesn't anyone see him pulling into the lot with a tricked out ride? Oh wait, it was borrowed, loaned to him...he found it and the keys were in it. It's my neighbors...It's my mom's. She just got it with her new job. Keep turning a blind eye. $C sold their soul to the devil when the took in OJ Payo. How come OJ didn't give Floyd his contact info? How come OJ said, "I'll call him." When Floyd wanted to speak with him after he committed? What the hell did $UC get out of the deal? A mediocre season this year and a first round exit from the big dance. Good job.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

SoCalTrjn wrote: The answers to those questions will tell you whether USC is accountable for this or not. And dont give me your lack of institutional crap, an academic department suddenly giving the whole football team As for classes they never went to is a lack of institutional control, not knowing what kind of car a player who doesnt live on campus might be driving in a city of 12 million people is not.
hardly. programs have full-time employees to monitor these things. turning a willful blind-eye is lack of institutional control. it doesn't matter if you've lost that control or simply abnegated it. it's no coincidence everyone in the world sees this for what it is while the only ones claiming it's nothing are sc fans. all of us aren't haters, but apparently all of you are sheep.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

but you still havent answered those 3 questions. Link a USC booster to the alleged money exchange and show how that money was given to that player so they would go to USC, in short show how USC benefitted and then you can find USC guilty. looks like USC lost the services of a few athletes when they or someone close to them allegedly accepted money from prospective agents looking to make those athletes professionals.
Im sorry that some of you can not see the difference between an agent giving a player money to leave the school and a booster giving a player money to attend a school.
The NCAA themselevs amended their rule limiting the responsibility to the school when an agent not acting on behalf of the school gives or attempts to give an athlete benefits so that athlete will leave the school and be represented by the agent. This rule was changed long before Bush or Mayo ever set foot on a college campus
USC is as much the victim in this case as anyone else, they recieved no benefits from the alleged wrong doings and lost the services of great (im asuming Mayo is at least decent) athletes but go ahead and hate on.

Back to this threads content. I find it extremely hypocritical that the SEC would lead a rule change limiting any possible contact with players during a no contact period while they are looking for ways to circumvent the rule they are pushing. At least Allbarn wont be doing the video-conferencing as the high speed internet lines arent scheduled to be installed in the athletic departments facilities until 2010
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

So now USC is the victim. OMG you have just went B2B as the Board Bitch and the season isn't here...you are one special person

Run ruling kids and boasting about it
Wanting to take out Dixon's knees
Constantly bitching about referring
and now

USC Is the victim in the mayo case...doesn't matter if it is a booster or not jackass...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Schmuck,

I find it extremely funny that you think for some reason the rules don't apply to U$C and that you can change them as soon as you are caught.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

USC received no benefits from Bush or Mayo? Let's see what about all the publicity of Bush and the Heisman, what about USC making the NCAA tourney???

You are a fucking fool...you are the USC version of m2OOOL in fact m2OOOL isn't even this obtuse...

Again who fucking cares if it were a booster or not...getting extra benefits or whatever is still against the rules...I mean USC does have a compliance department right? You mean to tell me that perhaps over the course of a season Floyd never heard of OJ's tv's, cars, etc??? You are fucking kidding right???

Again you have cornered the market on idiocy...i mean when Troy Smith took $500 from a "supporter" of OSU football they banned him from ever getting tickets through the University, etc...

this Guillory or whatever got Trepaner (spelling) in trouble just a few years ago and now he is kicking back in Floyd's office when Mayo's LOI comes in...take the fucking blinders off...
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

SoCalSchmuck,

So are you really trying to spin this so that U$C shouldn't be penalized? No way in hell you would be saying the same thing if this was an SEC school.

But before we go there, how about you explain your self first. Where did you get that OJ was living off campus? The LA Times and others have him living in a dorm.
SoCalTrjn wrote:...not knowing what kind of car a player who doesnt live on campus might be driving in a city of 12 million people is not.
LATimes wrote:...Johnson claimed a flat-screen television in Mayo's dorm room was a gift from Guillory, but Mayo said he had brought it with him from home in Huntington, W.Va.
So did you just make that up because it sounds good? You thought that it would somehow get U$C off the hook? Actually you got it right when you posted this:
SoCalTrjn wrote:I dont know anything about the Mayo case...
Back to the facts from OJ's mouth:
LATimes wrote:Mayo said he was aware of the trouble Guillory caused former college players Jeff Trepagnier and Tito Maddox
LATimes wrote:Mayo also said he paid his own way when he went shopping and ate with Guillory..."I went to go shop every once in a while, (Guillory) might have taken me to the store in his vehicle, but he didn't pay for any clothes for me."
LATimes wrote:Mayo apologized for the criticism directed at USC and Trojans Athletic Director Mike Garrett because of the allegations and said he was upset he had been portrayed in a light similar to that of former USC football star Reggie Bush
So OJ knows that Guillory is a bad apple and has gotten other players in trouble. Further he admits to breaking the rules by accepting a ride (however minor it is still an infraction) and does nothing to try to seperate himself from this guy Guillory. Mayo then goes on to apologize? Why apologize if you have nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong? Let's not forget that this is the same player who was already busted accepting tickets to NBA games earlier this year.
LATimes wrote: Following the interview, Mayo slipped into a new red Porsche Cayenne GTS...and drove off..."
Nice!

Complete story:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedit ... 3772.story
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

You know it's funny that schmuck wants to deny everything. Yes some of the rules are idiotic but they're are still rules. But since Schmuck is the little league manager of the year and his kids are ranked as the #1 team in the nation then $C should be able to get away with all this stuff.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i think the obvious conclusion is that USC should only have recruited players from California.
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I said I didnt know anything about the Mayo case and the living off campus remark was about Bush show me where I said Mayo didnt live on campus... go ahead I'll wait, guess you're the dumb-fuck who's lacking comprehension. still waiting, find where I said Mayo didnt live on campus yet?

I dont know what happened with Trepangier either, I do know that some years ago a USC basketball player had to sit out a few games because a volunteer track coach had paid for a trip for him and his then GF or rented them a car on the trip, I cant remember. The GF was the volunteer track coaches daughter who married the player before he ever sat out any games but after the trip, I dont know if thats the Trepangier case or not, dont really care.

Anything Lake may have done for the Griffens was of no benefit to USC, Reggie had already been at USC for 2 years before Lake ever got out of prison and if the NCAA recognizes that schools can not be held responsible for the wrong doings of agents not acting on behalf of the school, I dont see why anyone else cant. Like I said there is a huge difference between giving a player money and/or benfits to go to and play for a school and giving a player money or benefits to leave a school he is already at, and the NCAA sees it that way too.

Was this other guy instrumental in getting Mayo to go to USC? I hope so, give the basketball program the death penalty, nothing would make me happier, even the fact the kids baseball team won 37-2 tonight wouldnt make me happier than USC losing its basketball team. Id strip down naked and dance the jig on the roof of the Galen Center during rush hour traffic if basketball was gone
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

schmuck,

You want us to answer a direct question? How about yourself? Let's go. Three part question.

1. Is it currently against the NCAA rules for student-athletes to accept money/gifts/benefits from any entity, albeit Coaches, Boosters or Agents?

2. Since Q#1 is yes, and it falls under the institutional control umbrella, do you think if a school breaks any rules set by the NCAA that they should be punished to some degree?

3. As it has been chronicled, do you think Bush and/or his family and/or Mayo accepted any kind of money/gifts/benefits from agents or people working for agents?

Now, I will remove some dumbfuck options of answering these questions as you are prone to be a dumbfuck.

1. This is a yes or no question that is not up for interpretation. Resist the urge to take a dump out of your mouth and turn it into what it is not. Yes or no, asswipe.

2. See tip for #1.

3. See tip for #2.

Yes or no, fuckface. We're waiting. If you can honestly answer those 3 questions in a yes or no fashion, maybe we can continue dialogue. Otherwise, you need to eject.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

#1, yes it is against the rules for a student-athlete to recieve any money, gifts or benefits
#2, unless you can show that money, gifts or benefits came from the school or its boosters, the school didnt break any rules.
#3, I dont know about Mayo nor do I give a fuck if he did. Bush may or may not have recieved money gifts and benefits. Lake has not been able to prove where any of the money he says he gave to Lamar Griffen came from. Until he can show an account or a tax return stating he had the money he says he gave away, what he says is not going to be credible.

Now you can answer some questions,
1:Did the NCAA amend the rules in 2001 limiting the liabilty on schools when their athletes are targeted by agents trying to break the rules?
yes or no?
2:Was Reggie Bush or OJ Mayo attending USC prior to the amendment?
yes or no?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I said I didnt know anything about the Mayo case and the living off campus remark was about Bush show me where I said Mayo didnt live on campus... go ahead I'll wait, guess you're the dumb-fuck who's lacking comprehension. still waiting, find where I said Mayo didnt live on campus yet?
Hey asshat! You referenced Mayo at least 6 times in that post and then with no further mention of Bush we are somehow supposed to know that you are talking about him? Guess your writing skills are equal to your youth coaching skills. But I guess we shouldn't be surprised that you are ok with U$C players breaking the rules since you are teaching your youth baseball team to do just the same.

You also keep referencing the NCAA rules. Rather than hear your interpretation let's go straight to the Division 1 manual. Even more specific we can go to the 2004-2005 manual. Let's look at section 12.3.
NCAA DIVISION 1 MANUAL for 2004/2005 wrote:12.3 USE OF AGENTS
12.3.1 General Rule. An individual shall be ineligible for participation in an intercollegiate sport if he
or she ever...
12.3.1.2 Benefits from Prospective Agents. An individual shall be ineligible per Bylaw 12.3.1 if he or she
(or his or her relatives or friends) accepts transportation or other benefits from: (Revised: 1/14/97)
(a) Any person who represents any individual in the marketing of his or her athletics ability. The
receipt of such expenses constitutes compensation based on athletics skill and is an extra benefit
not available to the student body in general; or
(b) An agent, even if the agent has indicated that he or she has no interest in representing the student-
athlete in the marketing of his or her athletics ability or reputation and does not represent
individuals in the student-athlete’s sport. (Adopted: 1/14/97)
So we know that an athlete or his/her family accepting transportation from an agent or marketing rep or anyone affiliated with them makes the athlete ineligible. We also know that Mayo admitted to accepting rides to go shopping with Guillory. We also know that Reggie's family accepted transportation and lodging from Jamie Fritz, an employee of Ornstein to attend the Cal game in 2005. Ornstein has agreed that Fritz has the charges on his credit card. Further Reggie signed for a stay at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas in March of 2005 that was charged to the CC of Michaels of New Era. All three of these are illegal and make Bush ineligible for all of the 2005 season. Further there is no doubt that Reggie's family was living in a house owned by Michaels. Even if Reggie's family paid the $54,000 amount shown in the lease (there is no evidence one way or the other that they did or didn't) it is still an improper benefit because the lease is below the market value for other rental properties in the area.

So there can be no doubt that Reggie was ineligible for 2004 and 2005. Mayo is a little more difficult as the ride(s) he accepted are very minor. However, if there is proof he took more then clearly he should have been ineligible. Proving lack of insitutional control would be difficult, and you will only find that term once in the Division 1 manual. However, reoprts have both Michaels, Ornstein, and Guillory all attending U$C practices. If true that gives more weight to the lack of insitutional control, but still hard to prove.

Now if you want to still argue that U$C is less at fault for the actions of non-employees thats fine, but U$C still should be forefitting 25 games over two seasons, and Bush should be stripped of the Heisman. Do you really think that the U$C compliance department wouldn't want to know about all of this to try to keep their players eligible?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:all of us aren't haters, but apparently all of you are sheep.

I'm all about ToeJam pile-ons...

But in defense of the USC fanbase, Jimmy Meds has never once put the blinders on, and is well on the record here as being displeased with how tings are shaking out at USC. I don't think it's fair to broad-brush Meds just because a fellow USC fan is a fucking idiot. I'm guessing whatever school you root for, there's plenty of fucking idiots to be found in that fanbase, and the "good fans" shouldn't be lumped in with them...

Unless it's Oregon State or UDub, in which case their fans are fucking idiots by definition (sorry, had to get some offseason rival-hating going on).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Agree with Dins...meds is/has always been able to be critical of USC when deserved, etc...

he is even taking the impending beatdown of USC by the Vest very well...

SOCAL so your kids team won 37-2 huh...let me guess you are still stealing bases, bunting, etc up big huh? I would definitely say if my kid played for you he'd be off your team so quick...then of course I'd have to beat your ass...

I am an assistant coach of my nephews coach pitch team and we teach effort, focus, and fundamentals...makes coaching so much more enjoyable...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Meds = solid dude.

I would not lump him in with schmuck.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

yeah, the score was 37-2, it was 24-0 after the first, and we stopped stealing bases when it was 15-0. The other team just could not throw strikes and went through 4 or 5 pitchers in that first inning. I dont know what I could have been expected to do to not have the score get the way it did, Im not going to ask my kids to not try. Id welcome any cunt to come try to beat my ass cause the team I coach just whooped the shit out of another team, the kids and parents of my team are glad that I have coached it the last 2 years. The league is getting rid of legacy teams next year and my sons will be in different divisions plus my wife isnt going to allow any involvement in Pony after this season anyway so I only have to worry about some butt hurt douche doing something stupid for 5 more games plus playoffs. Last night at dinner I had parents of a kid on the other team begging me to draft their kid next season, must be doing something right. 42-1 over these two seasons and this year we have only had one game that was decided by fewer than 10 runs. The 2 games i missed with my kids at travel tournaments, the assistant coach lead the team to 26 and 29 run wins.

The team I coach does not cheat

why would any of the 2004 football season be forfeited if the Griffens didnt move in to the house until May of 2005 and Lake was still in prison after the 2004 season ended. New rumors pop up every day about the Bush situation, one of the latest is that Griffen was a principle owner of New Era and that Michaels was his business partner. Doesnt change the fact that nobody associated with USC paid Reggie to go to USC

I think USC will be lucky to give OSU a good game when the Trojans have a patchwork at best OL an inexperienced QB and a recieving corps that is made up of the very young and the very poor performing. They will need an amazing game from the defense just to keep it close
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

That's nice you stopped stealing bases after it was 15-0...

Well according to ESPN USC is the greatest team in history...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Schmuck wrote:been working the team out 5 days a week for the last few weeks (2 practices officially)
Schmuck wrote:The team I coach does not cheat
Right and U$C shouldn't have to forefit any games. You don't cheat and U$C didn't cheat. At least this proves you can't see the forest for the trees in anything.

Oh, and save the "I just had the kids running and lifting on the three extra days" crap. Why only have 2 official practices unless the league limits the number of practices you can have?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

batting cages dont count as official practices, the league allows 2 official practices at parks in town a week, because it rained a lot they said that 3 would be ok until games started to make up for it. We then had a batting day at All Star Dugout and then a 5th day that was 90 minutes of sparq training followed by 100 pitches each at the batting cage in my backyard. At most, the training day and use of my cage was all we did more than the other teams.
This year we didnt have the rain to make up for and 11 of the 14 kids were on last years team so we practiced less. All of the kids on this years team go to one on one batting instruction so normally we have one practice day at a park, one day at All Star Dugout and 2 games a week that hopefully 10 of the 12 players still on the team show up for.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:That's nice you stopped stealing bases after it was 15-0...
they hadnt recorded an out yet, Im not going to ask my kids to not try. It was sort of like a game vs Kent State, you know the score was going to get out of hand but you have to let the team step on the gas to stay sharp at the start
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Dude, either way you cut it, you're a fucking nut case. It's people like you that fuck up youth sports. Yeah sure kids want to be on your team. I'm sure you have kids calling you on your cell phone to beg and plead you draft them. No, I'll bet it's the overzealous fucked up parents who think winning at 10 years old is important. These are the people that will build a trophy case in their living room for everyone to see and make damn sure they have every god damned trophy and medal from birth until now. It's not about winning asshole it's about teaching the proper way to play the game, the proper way to respect an opponent, and respect the game. You've gone over the deep end. Sure your team wins a lot but you've had the kids for along time. It's no different that the fucker at our local park who coaches a flag football team. The park limits you to one practice a week for an hour. Well this dip shit...who also happens to be a Trojan fan practices twice a week for 1 1/2 + hours. You see, to these people it matters but to the kids all they care about is what kind of snack they get after the game. Youth sports are for teaching kids the proper fundamentals of the game. Winning is secondary. Teaching competition, adversity, how to get along with others etc....it seems that you've put winning on top of all that. Well kudos to you. You're the new age version of Vic Morrow. I hope and pray that your son doesn't go Eric or Lyle Menendez on you one day.
What's next a personal psychologist and nutritionist for each kid on the team?

Yes Meds is a solid dude and for that matter the only other Trojan on this board that's cool is Greg. Dude had cold beers for me and pizza when we road tripped last summer and parked at his house for a couple of hours.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Considering Toejams rep when it comes to coaching baseball, you'd think he'd be wise enough not to even own up to a 37-2 "game".

Either that, or he's full of shit...wait, schmuck, how in hell did your All Star team give up 2 runs to a bunch of Jerry's kids? And you're proud of this effort? I bet you made the team run laps after the game, and then kick rocks walking home.

No ice cream for you!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

jesus, some of you fly off the deep end every time schmick says baseball. don't you know cobra kai always gets it in the end?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

played the 2nd place team in the league yesterday, used the good pitchers and didnt give up a run. Cant keep the foot on the accelerator the whole game so they gave up 2 runs in a blow out when I let a kid who hadnt pitched before give it a try. Yeah the scores get ran up to leave no doubt who the better team is and appease the parents who want to see their kids play. Those kids are all fundamentally sound baseball players and their parents spend a lot of money paying for personal coaching, I dont do anything but stand next to them in the picture and keep their pitch counts below 45. Oh and watch them blow out the 2nd place team 23-0
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

im starting to think this is all a troll job.

couple years back i was the coach of my girls softball team (10-11 year olds). we won 2 games all season. and finished 4th in the league tourny. The girls didnt care. and all they ever wanted to do was to do some silly chants in the 'doug' out and get icecream. (which thankfully the parents payed for). 3 games into the season, my daughter broke her finger and was out for the rest of the season. I kept coaching because I felt the need to show them that i had agreed to coach and i was going to see it through. it made it real easy to be objectional when choosing positions. in fact i let the girls choose which position they wanted to play most innings. we would get blown out by some team that was just like schmucks team. we would leave the field singing and laughing.
I still have girls come up to me that were on that team and say how much fun they had when i was the coach.

on a side note I didnt coach the next year, as my daughter didnt want to play, but the team returned like 12 of the 15 girls. they won every game the next year and still had the same amount of fun doing it.