Gung Ho

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Gung Ho

Post by Adelpiero »

was just watching it again on cable.

a very underrated film. Keaton was great in the film, definitely a classic, great flick!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Gung Ho

Post by indyfrisco »

Loved that movie when I was a kid. I've always been a Keaton fan. Like every actor, he's had some stinkers, but Mr. Mom, Gung Ho, Batman, Beetlejuice, Jackie Brown. All good flicks. Yes, I liked Beetlejuice. And BAtman, while a bit corny now, was awesome when it first came out. I was 13 so I was kinda into that stuff then.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Nightshift was pretty funny (even despite the presence of Shelly Long), back inna day. if only because it featured the classic line:

"Barney Rubble, what an actor".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Long Duck Dong was awesome in Gung Ho.

"I'm not drowning myself. I'm just freaking out."

Classic flick.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

watched it as well this weekend. what a great flick!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

L45B wrote:Long Duck Dong was awesome in Gung Ho.
Sounds like the movie should have been called Hung Ho where he played a male prostitute.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

one of best parts, is when the big boss says it will never be a japanese factory. he tells him so what, he has first vehicle built there, he doesnt want it, he wants one built by his guys and the big boss's guys.

he gets into the vehicle, starts it up, everyone is all excited, he drives 2 feet and it fall apart, then the seat falls back. he gets out and says.

I thought it handled great

what a classic!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Hunt Stevenson: If you walk out that door, you're going to miss a great comeback. We're ready to roll here, Jack.
Mr. Sakamoto: This will never be like a Japanese factory... *Jack.*
Hunt Stevenson: Oh, yeah? You're right. You know what else? So what?
Mr. Sakamoto: You failed.
Hunt Stevenson: Really? Wanna know something? I got one of the first cars ever made here. I got *the* first car ever - I don't think I want it anymore. As a matter of fact, here
[hands keys to Mr. Sakamoto]
Hunt Stevenson: . Why don't you take the keys, ok? I'd rather have one of those cars
[points to cars in assembly line]
Hunt Stevenson: . I'd rather have one of these cars that *we* made *together,* by hand. Your guys and my guys, together. You know why? Because those cars stand for something. Those cars stand for something pretty great. I'm proud of those cars. I'm taking one.
[Turns to workers]
Hunt Stevenson: Gentlemen, I'm going home in my new car!
Hunt Stevenson: [All workers cheer and applaud, then silently pray that Hunt's new car has a working engine. Hunt starts the car, and the workers cheer. However, the car literally falls apart after about 2 yards, and the workers start to moan. Hunter gets out of the car] I tell ya, I thought it handled great!
And others...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091159/quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;