Rack this guy

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Rack this guy

Post by PSUFAN »

http://www.nj.com/rutgers/ledger/index. ... xml&coll=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's costing his school a good chunk of change, but you have to like the determination that it shows.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Re: Rack this guy

Post by peter dragon »

what a puss
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

They are spending $102million just to renovate a stadium just to get over the 55,000 mark? WTF kind of pit is it now? I'd say they might as well have built new or made a deal to play in that Meadowlands stadium. But since they are putting all that cash into their campus-stadium I can see their point. Why do that just so you can play games elsewhere? The stadium will be nice-enough, it should be played at Rutgers's stadium. ND is just trying to get a bunch of their east-coast alums/fans in to what is supposed to be a Rutgers home-game, their AD came out and said so.

The ND-AD is being an arrogant dick, Rutgers is right to stick to their guns. They are a BCS-program that has had three winning seasons in a row under Schiano, why accept second-class treatment?
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

PSUFAN wrote:http://www.nj.com/rutgers/ledger/index. ... xml&coll=1

He's costing his school a good chunk of change, but you have to like the determination that it shows.
The phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind here. It's not just about money -- Rutgers is pissing away three guaranteed national TV appearances, as well as three other TV appearances that have a good chance of being national, and almost assuredly will be, at a minimum, regionally telecast throughout the northeast.

That's the sort of exposure that most up-and-coming programs (I suppose you could throw Rutgers into that category) would kill for. Unfortunately, they have a regional competitor (UConn) who is more than willing to play ND off-campus.
Danimal wrote:The stadium will be nice-enough, it should be played at Rutgers's stadium. ND is just trying to get a bunch of their east-coast alums/fans in to what is supposed to be a Rutgers home-game, their AD came out and said so.

The ND-AD is being an arrogant dick, Rutgers is right to stick to their guns. They are a BCS-program that has had three winning seasons in a row under Schiano, why accept second-class treatment?
Part of the issue is that ND has a rather lengthy tradition of neutral-site games in the NYC area. Ever hear of the Four Horsemen? Grantland Rice penned the article dubbing them with that nickname following a game at Yankee Stadium. More recently, many of the ND-Navy games have been played at the Meadowlands.

The proposed series with Rutgers was, in part, a continuation of sorts of that tradition. In that regard, White has something to prove. Many ND fans, myself included, don't completely trust him with the stewardship of ND's traditions, particularly after he moved heaven and earth to try to get us into the ACC a few years back. This move may have been, at least in part, an effort to prove himself on that end.

Yeah, most of the additional fans at the game probably would've been ND fans, but the difference (27,000 between on-campus and Meadowlands capacity) wouldn't have been enough to transform the game from a Rutgers home game to a ND home game. Per mapquest, it's only about 34 miles from Piscataway to East Rutherford, so it's not like it would've been a terrible hardship for Rutgers fan to get to the game. The tradeoff for Rutgers would have been a larger gate, which would have benefitted Rutgers more as the nominal home team. That, and not losing the series to UConn.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fuck ND. They pulled the same shit with CT because they well know the odds of them getting trashed and embarrassed on national television (I know it happens every week anyway, but I digress) greatly increase if playing in another team's hostile crib.

This just means another 3-9 will taste even more sweet. Can't wait until SD ST kicks the shit out of them to open the season.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I love how the only card ND fan can ever play is the "tradition" card. How about the newly-established tradition of 3-9 seasons?

Good for Rutgers.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I love how the only card ND fan can ever play is the "tradition" card. How about the newly-established tradition of 3-9 seasons?

Good for Rutgers.
i sort of agree with this. ND self-percieved exceptionalism or not, tradition means less and less when you are losing, except to alums who need something to cling to (sin, OU fan in the mid 90's). ND may have a tradition of playing in NY, but that doesn't mean Rutgers has to play ball, Grantland Rice or not. it's like playing Duke in MSG in basketball, it ain't a neutral floor unless you are St. John's.

this is kinda like when Texas fans bash OU for a cupcake W like Rice, but when *UT plays Rice* it's a "traditional SWC rivalry".

on the other hand, would ND have beaten Rutgers any of the last 3 years?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

If Mizzou and ND do play in 2014-15, i hope they play in Dome in St.louis

they will sell that out in hours.

a huge fan base of ND in the midlands
Last edited by Adelpiero on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flea
Crack Whore

Post by Flea »

ND is just not a factor in the college football landscape anymore. Rutgers would be better off looking for more worthy opponents to schedule since their conference is a joke.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Honestly, why should Rutgers have to move a home game away from their stadium just to please the fuckstains in South Bend? Why should they forfeit all the money they would make with the game at their stadium? What makes Notre Dame so arrogant that they feel they can dictate where teams, that have had more recent success than them, play them at when it is their turn for a home game?
Maybe Notre Dame should move their home games, Connecticut and Rutgers should say, we will move our home games from the series if you move yours, let the Irish play their home games at Soldier Field or the RCA Dome, make them move their home games in the series to New York since theyre trying to keep their tradition of playing there going.
Funny that all the "neutral site" games vs the Naval Academy have landed on even years when it was Navys turn for the home game, every odd year game was in South Bend.
Rutgers and Connecticut are in BCS conferences and have had more recent success than Notre Dame, no reason they should bend over to please the Irish.... they're not alter boys
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I'll weigh in on the RU-ND thing when I can. There are some points I agree with, some I don't.

But knock off the altar boy comments. Joking about molestation is right up there with cracking jokes about dead babies.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i think it's pretty well documented on here, but fuck notre dame. they're not the only school with traditions. rutgers won the first-ever college football game. they should be dictating to nd where to play. if it's only 34 miles from rutgers to the meadowlands, well then, notre dame fans can find their way down the turnpike instead.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Meadowlands isnt going to allow Rutgers to play there for free, the Knights will have to take the rental of the stadium out of the extra money they might get from the extra fans. Then theres parking and concession money, theyd have to give that up too if they move the game from their stadium. Hard to justify spending all that money to renovate the home field only to move home games somewhere else.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The Meadowlands isnt going to allow Rutgers to play there for free, the Knights will have to take the rental of the stadium out of the extra money they might get from the extra fans. Then theres parking and concession money, theyd have to give that up too if they move the game from their stadium. Hard to justify spending all that money to renovate the home field only to move home games somewhere else.

dude, Rutgers wouldnt be paying shit to play in meadowlands, what are you retarded. The Meadowlands would be giving Rutgers and ND $$$$ to play there. Then be guaranteed a lump some for moving to the meadowlands. Were talking about 1 game in their season here.

Illinois and Mizzou are playing in Dome. MIzzou gets close to 2Mil+ to play the game in st.louis. Illinois gets a over a Mil+.That is just to play there, and that doesnt incliude any other $ they might make from the game. These stadiums would be vacant, by bringing in ND and rutgers it guarantees them income for an open date. Something they will glady fork over a lump sum to each team to play.

I bet OU and UT get a nice lump sum check to play their game in that neutral site!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:But knock off the altar boy comments. Joking about molestation is right up there with cracking jokes about dead babies.
Lighten up, Francis. That slam was pretty funny. And I'm Catholic.

As for the situatuion, I'm with Rutgers on this one too. And glad they did not cave to ND. ND uses to term "tradition" to cover their obvious sense of self-entitlement. ND does not realize how irrelevant they are becoming, and things like this make it even worse. Go into their house, kick their ass, and be done with it. But no, ND is afraid to go into Rutgers and get their alotted 2000 seats or whatever it is. They want to make it a home game, or at least neutral, for them when they should be on the road.

What a cluster-fuck that once proud institution has become. While I have always been a ND hayta, I at least used to respect (and fear) them. Now, they are the middle school bully...only in the 12th grade and getting their ass kicked.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Screw_Michigan wrote:Fuck ND. . . .the odds of them getting trashed and embarrassed on national television (I know it happens every week anyway, but I digress) greatly increase if playing in another team's hostile crib.
Oh, really? And what, pray tell, happened the last three times ND visited the hostile environs known as Sparty Stadium?
King Crimson wrote:ND self-percieved exceptionalism or not, tradition means less and less when you are losing, except to alums who need something to cling to (sin, OU fan in the mid 90's). ND may have a tradition of playing in NY, but that doesn't mean Rutgers has to play ball, Grantland Rice or not.
Nobody said they did, certainly I didn't. I just pointed out that there were potential consequences to Rutgers in not doing so. More power to them if they're okay with those consequences, but from the outside looking in, it looks like passing up on a six-year deal with ND will hurt more than would playing its "home" game in the series 34 miles away from campus.

Btw, if ND is going to play one neutral site game per year (I'm not 100% onboard with that idea, but it doesn't look like it's going away), playing Rutgers in the Meadowlands makes a helluva lot more sense than playing Baylor in New Orleans, Duke in Orlando, or best of all, Washington State in San Antonio. Jmho, anyway.
on the other hand, would ND have beaten Rutgers any of the last 3 years?
Answering that as objectively as possible . . .

05: Yes. Rutgers was 7-4 in the regular season that year, with an OOC schedule consisting of Illinois (who went 2-9 that year, with one of those wins coming against Rutgers), Villanova (1-AA), Buffalo and Navy.
06: The closest call, by far, of the last three years, but I think ND would have won this year. In the first two years under Weis, we were winning the games we were supposed to win, the biggest problems were coming against the truly elite programs.
07: No.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote: Lighten up, Francis. That slam was pretty funny. And I'm Catholic.
You must have missed the other 50 times he's used that joke. I have no problem crossing the decency line once or twice for a laugh. But when it gets to be a regular part of a guy's routine, it needs to stop.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TiC or Killian,

I saw White quoted in a different article saying that ND picked up a different Big East program after the Rutgers situation. Is this the UConn series, or a different one?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Mucho,

As I understand it, ND is presently in negotiations with UConn for a 6-year series which will replace the proposed series with Rutgers. ND is supposed to be playing three Big East teams per year, Pitt and UConn will be permanent, and the remaining schools will rotate through the third slot.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Btw, if ND is going to play one neutral site game per year (I'm not 100% onboard with that idea, but it doesn't look like it's going away), playing Rutgers in the Meadowlands makes a helluva lot more sense than playing Baylor in New Orleans, Duke in Orlando, or best of all, Washington State in San Antonio. Jmho, anyway.
yeah, i don't get the neutral site games. what the inhering logic behind those particular match-ups and those particular sites defy any easy explanation from my vantage point.

Wazzou is huge in southwest Texas, that's a given. :?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

the nd series with uconn was finalized last week. and terry, i could care less if nd wins 50-0 at spartan stadium, i'm more concerned with how nd did against the naval academy last year. care to remind me how that ended up?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:the nd series with uconn was finalized last week. and terry, i could care less if nd wins 50-0 at spartan stadium, i'm more concerned with how nd did against the naval academy last year. care to remind me how that ended up?
The same way it should have endede in 1999 when the Middies had a win ripped from them by the refs. If you're looking for any ND fan to be embarassed because they lost to Navy, you'll either find someone very ill informed or you won't find one at all.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:If you're looking for any ND fan to be embarassed because they lost to Navy, you'll either find someone very ill informed or you won't find one at all.
I concur to an extent. At the AF game this year, I sat by a guy from San Antonio, a life-long ND fan, who was at his first Irish game. He was probably in his early 30s and he said he was in the Army. I distinctly remember him saying to me after one of the many AF touchdowns that happened right in front of us: "I never would have imagined the service academies kicking our ass."

In respect to Navy, I understand why ND fan isn't publicly gripping about going 0-2 against the service academies last season. But they know, deep down, it stings.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Screw_Michigan wrote:the nd series with uconn was finalized last week. and terry, i could care less if nd wins 50-0 at spartan stadium, i'm more concerned with how nd did against the naval academy last year. care to remind me how that ended up?
If that is the case, then I'd be interested in who the other Big East team is that White is speaking of.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Killian

Post by Killian »

AFA flat out kicked ND's ass. The Navy game was typical of how that game has been played since Holtz left. I think Paul Johnson is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA. Add that to the law of averages and I wasn't surprised at all. Did it sting? Hell yeah. Was it surprising? No. Especially the way Weis coached that game.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

are these ND neutral site games coming at the expense of an ND home game or re the Irish still getting at least 6 games a year in South Bend?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Screw_Michigan wrote:In respect to Navy, I understand why ND fan isn't publicly gripping about going 0-2 against the service academies last season. But they know, deep down, it stings.
A loss to Air Force will never surprise me. That's perhaps more a function of when I went to ND than anything else.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:In respect to Navy, I understand why ND fan isn't publicly gripping about going 0-2 against the service academies last season. But they know, deep down, it stings.
A loss to Air Force will never surprise me. That's perhaps more a function of when I went to ND than anything else.
Is "function" synonymous with "tradition"? Just trying to be clear here.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

AFA gets serious, eternal mileage out of those wins in the late 80's. even still, on the Front Range/Denver media the local wonks act like playing at AFA is a real snakepit. they haven't beaten anybody OOC that's quality since. in 01, OU traveled to C. Springs and the local sports guys...."defending national champs better look out"...."ol' Bobby Stoops doesn't what he's gettin' into"...blah blah blah, "Fisher always has his guys ready to play"..."it's a trap game, upset city"...blah blah blah.

OU dominates from start to finish and wins 44-3 and for the *3 yards on a 3rd and 8 swing pass happy* 01 Sooners to score 44 was like a track meet.

edit: looking at the box scores, actually that OU team scored a lot of points. i guess the UT, OSU (ugh), and Arkie Cotton Bowl colored my overall remembrance.
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

For the record, I was a student at ND for four straight losses to Air Force.

Other than those losses, ND only has two other losses to Air Force all time. One was the blowout loss last year. The other was a loss in OT in '96 (also not surprising. We suck in OT -- something like 2-7 all time, without looking it up.)
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

That new AF-guy, Calhoun, is a hell of a coach. They are lucky he is an old AF-guy, otherwise they wouldn't gotten an NFL-OC to give them a sniff. They'll be dangerous in the years to come.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'll let the more intelligent ND fans/alums do my speaking. First it was Terry slapping JON, now it's NDNation with a spot on take regarding the Rutgers situation. I don't totally agree with the swipe at OSU, but other than that, very solid piece that encompases the way most feel about White and his scheduling ideas:
NDNation wrote:
One for the Road
It's a tale of two cities on the Notre Dame scheduling front. Last week, the University of Connecticut backed down from a previous ultimatum, and agreed to sign a six-year deal with Notre Dame for football games that included their home games played at neutral sites. This week, Rutgers went the opposite way and backed out of negotiations because Notre Dame wanted the RU games played at the Meadowlands.

And now Harvey Araton of the New York Times tosses his two pennies into the fray. Good for Rutgers, says he, and fie on the Irish for pushing such unfair terms. What does the Big East need with Notre Dame anyway, since they look down on the conference with such disdain.

Setting aside for the moment the inherent instability of the Big East, it's perceived lack of value in football, and precarious standing in the BCS and bowl system to begin with, all of which Notre Dame salves with various signed agreements and association with the conference, and the pluses Notre Dame brings to the conference in the non-football sports, his overall point is good. I'm long on record with my opposition to 7-4-1. As a scheduling philosophy, it sucks cold diarrhea out of a dead cat's ass. Not only does it make for uninteresting matchups, it fails any litmus test of fairness, which the Notre Dame I grew up watching seemed always to be about. If you're going to play games against any school, you should be willing to play on their home turf at least once.

Just because people are willing to sell themselves to you for money doesn't mean you should take them up on it. I read stories like Ohio State canceling or moving games that were supposed to be played at Cincinnati, and it really rubs me in the similarly wrong way. It smacks of flop sweat and fear. God forbid the powerhouse program in the state test itself away from home. Perhaps if the Bucks weren't playing eight games at home every year, they wouldn't get waxed in bowl games the way they do. Just like ND's basketball scheduling philosophy, the 7-4-1 philosophy is rooted in revenue maximization, and even though "Come Sweet Cash" is an ND joke older than I am, it's still extremely off-putting to see it exhibited in such a bald-faced manner. A pimp dressed in green and carrying a shillelagh is still a pimp.

The only way to fight this tendency, both at Notre Dame and elsewhere, is to let the market speak. On the one hand, Connecticut decided the payday and exposure of a Notre Dame series was worth the PR hit with its fans by not bringing the Irish to Rentschler (which, it should be noted, isn't on UConn's campus either). On the other, we have the Scarlet Knights telling Notre Dame to take its ball and go home, literally. That's the best way to convince ND 7-4-1 is unworkable, although it's going to cost Rutgers in the short term. Maybe then when Alabama calls, Kevin White will find he has room in the schedule.

Having said that, the attitude Araton takes in the article is just as moronic as the 7-4-1 philosophy. It boils down to him criticizing Notre Dame for trying to leverage its prestige in order to gain terms more favorable to it. To try and brand ND as the only sinner in that congregation is a foolish enterprise. There's a reason the New York Times charges $330 to deliver in my neighborhood while I get my village's paper for free. I guess if Araton were running the organization, I'd have the Times on my doorstep every morning gratis, because, after all, it's not fair for the big bully NYT to force people to pay more for its content. I'm sure the folks who write for the Idaho Statesman or the Bangor Daily News would queue up to get Araton's salary --- why should he use his degree or his skill to demand a higher rate? I realize borderline Communism coming from the New York Times is hardly man-bites-dog, but they should keep it out of the sports pages.

When even mopey NYT scribes are hitting the mark on their Notre Dame hair-pulling, it's time for the Fighting Irish to re-examine their priorities. Would it kill them to go to Hartford or Piscataway at least once? Are they so focused on "no more heavyweights" in pursuit of the almighty dollar that we're doomed to slates of MAC teams? God I hope not.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

NDNation wrote:Are they so focused on "no more heavyweights" in pursuit of the almighty dollar that we're doomed to slates of MAC teams? God I hope not.
Because the MAC would shit all over ND like the rest of college football.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

4 road games a year? when did ND join the SEC?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Well Killian...as a OSU Alum/Fan that argument is way off base...tOSU is testing itself on the road against

USC
Oklahoma
Va Tech
Cal
Miami of FLA
Tennessee

so apparently whoever wrote the article hates doing research...that is the beauty of a conference...we get to play on THE ROAD at places like Happy Valley, Ann Arbor, Madison, etc...every other year...I mean so tOSU has 6-8 home games a year...ND has what 7 or so a year? I mean they generally play Army and AF at home, plus the usually play 2 of their first 3 at home (generally)...so whoever wrote that is just plain stupid...teams buy games back or move them all the time...plus tOSU doesn't have the advantage of keeping all the bowl dollars and tv revenue that ND gets...so again this person or persons has ripped a page out of the ESPN journalistic playbook...

And the waxed in bowl games comment...hmmm...Tressel is 1-2 in National Championship Games, 5-3 in bowl games including an ass raping of ND in the Fiesta...so maybe ND Nation in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...if memory serves me correctly isn't ND like 0-9 for their last 9 bowl games and have been outscored in their BCS games like 100+ to 40 something (Oregon State, Ohio State, and LSU)...

again this is not a swipe at you Killian or Terry...but that paragraph in that post is exactly why most people can't stand the majority of ND Nation...you guys are willing to take shots at your program as are most of us...in fact the OSU guys on here were highly critical of OSU's schedule last year...even though everyone was slobbering Washington's cock after beating Boise State...hey ND Nation guy...call up Kevin White and have him schedule another series with OSU like 95/96...we would love to roll you guys in C Bus and South Bend again...

again Terry/Kill, not a swipe at you but I would like to get your take...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

why doesnt OSU play 4 of those teams the same year?

Yay for Ohio State, theyre playing at USC in 2008 but what about the 3 bullshit homegames vs Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy? Why not play USC, Tennessee, Cal and Va Tech the same season with 2 on the road and 2 at home?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

SoCalTrjn wrote:why doesnt OSU play 4 of those teams the same year?

Yay for Ohio State, theyre playing at USC in 2008 but what about the 3 bullshit homegames vs Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy? Why not play USC, Tennessee, Cal and Va Tech the same season with 2 on the road and 2 at home?
I'd say that OSU should have added one-more decent opponent in '08 like a top nonBCS-team or an average BCS-one, somebody that could actually put-up a fight. But having you guys alone makes their noncon harder then a good amount of major teams.

Ya it would be ballsy to sched like you say but who actually does that? Even before the BCS sched were always padded with a couple cupcakes.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Danimal wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:why doesnt OSU play 4 of those teams the same year?

I'd say that OSU should have added one-more decent opponent in '08 like a top nonBCS-team or an average BCS-one, somebody that could actually put-up a fight. But having you guys alone makes their noncon harder then a good amount of major teams.

Ya it would be ballsy to sched like you say but who actually does that? Even before the BCS sched were always padded with a couple cupcakes.
USC has Virginia, Ohio State and Notre Dame as their entire OOC schedule for 08
in 07 they had Idaho because they had a coach go there and they scheduled them to boost Idahos finances and help that coach, they also had Nebraska and Notre dame.
in 2006 they had Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame

in 09 USC needed someone to come to LA since they already had Ohio State and Notre Dame on the road and they wound up with San Jose St
in 10 they host Virginia and Notre Dame, the road game is Hawaii

I dont buy any excuse about a team needing more home games than road games or needing warm ups before conference play, if the team is looked at as no more than a warm up the win vs them shouldnt count on the record
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I don't know SO Cal dial up gene smith and ask him...

Troy is not horrific...but hey not everyone can be USC...

i mean were you picked on in school, something? you are like a little kid...hey look what we are doing...

everyone has admitted SC is the gold standard for scheduling...i mean not much else we can do here...oh wait I will write my congressman if that will help...i mean historically ND is tough...but the last 2 years the MAC would own them...so don't keep counting them ok...until charlie gets the ship righted...

oh and how did that ballsy scheduling end up last year? Nebraska sucked (sorry Danimal and ND sucked sorry Kill and Terry)...oh and did that scheduling prepare you for the loss to a FORTY FUCKING ONE POINT UNDERDOG?
Killian

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:i mean historically ND is tough...but the last 2 years the MAC would own them

I'll be the first to admit that ND sucked horse balls last year, but the MAC would not have owned them the past two years. Last year, yes. Two years ago, not a chance.