Hey Raiderfan ...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Hey Raiderfan ...

Post by poptart »

It's been my opinion that Al won't pass on McFadden if he's there at #4.
However that take has been based on the assumption that Son of Howie will be gone by the #4 pick.
Of course there is endless speculation on draft scenarios, but I'm catching wind of the possibility that it could very well go J. Long & Dorsey at #1 and 2, and then M. Ryan to the ATL at #3.
This would bring up a VERY interesting dilemma for Alvis.

McFadden or Chris Long?

Diaper boy would unload a nuclear pantload if KC snared McFadden at #5, so I wouldn't see KC taking him if he's there.

Oakland taking McFadden over Long could be a HIGHLY regretful decision.
Not much would be more painful than seeing Long make multiple trips to Hawaii in Chef gear, especially when the 'duds had passed on him.

Then again, McFadden, just speaking of ON-FIELD potential, might be a HIGHLY electrifying addition to an offense which will be trying to make things easier on young JaMarcus.

Let me hear from you, Raiderfan.
KC Scott

Re: Hey Raiderfan ...

Post by KC Scott »

Barring a trade Chris & Jake will go one / two in the draft.
From everything I read, Atlanta will pass on Matt Ryan and grab Dorsey.

That leaves the Raiders their choice between McFadden and Ghoulston (the only other name I've seen in this spot)

Logic would dictate with 4 RBs, Oakland goes for Defense, but logic has never played into anything the Raiders have done.

McFadden goes 4 to Oakland
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Can Oakland's really feel secure with any of it's 4 RBs?
Kiffin said RB isn't a 'need' position for the 'duds, but he might be blowin' smoke.

Fargas - Ran hard and did a helluva job last year ... for 8 games, before going down. Not a threat to break the big gainer and a below-average receiver out of the backfield. His size and running style make him look like an injury waiting to happen. I love what he brings though.

LaMont - Big fucking baby with a big fucking head. The O-Line made him look good early last season.

Rhodes - Below Fargas on the depth chart. That says it.

Bush - Unknown.

If it came down to a choice between C. Long and McFadden, I'd lean toward Long.
If it's McFadden or Dorsey, I take McFadden.
I also take McFadden over J. Long or Gholston.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:Barring a trade Chris & Jake will go one / two in the draft.
If it goes that way and then Oakland takes McFadden at #4, who do you see KC taking at 5?

Gholston?
Ryan?
Clady?
Ellis?

Someone else?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I think Oakland would be stupid to select McFadden.

Ellis or Glady would be very solid picks. If I were Al, I'd go with Ellis to take away some attention from Burgess. We all know what Burgess is capable of and if he is given some assistance in the middle, then he is that much more of a threat to get to the QB.

I might be crazy to think this, but what if Oakland traded the pick to the Lions for their 1st and 2nd picks? Millen would love to add McFadden to that offense and he is desparate to try anything as we've seen before. Oakland would be taking a risk in thinking Harvery (DE), Otah (OT), or Chris Williams (OT) would be there for the taking. But, they would have a pick in the 2nd round now and they could get another need. FFT.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:4-12

Nice take. Here we are less than two weeks away from the draft and you have absolutely nothing to add to the topic. Go fuck yourself.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Would you care to dicuss the Texans?

6-10
Care to make it interesting?

I guarantee you the Texans finish .500 or better this year.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

They managed to finish 8-8 with only one win in their division last year and they had the most players on IR among all 32 NFL teams. They added depth in the secondary and Fred Bennett is a year older, so his maturation process should increase now that he has played a few games. Daunte Robinson will be back for game 5 or 6, so the secondary although far from stellar, won't be terrible by any means. Oh yeah, Okoye is still growing which makes Super Mario that much more dangerous.

You're right, there are questions at the o-line, but we are getting Charles Spencer back and we also signed Myers out of Denver to help with the zone blocking. We signed Chris Brown to help Green stay healthy, but then there is the draft to consider. We get another deece RB in the third or 4th round, there is our depth that we need. Remember, the passing game was havily relied upon last year when Green went down, which exposed Schaub to more pass rushing plays from defenses. If the Texans can sustain any kind of ground game throughout the year, then blitz packages will dwindle down some giving Schaub a better chance of staying on the field.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Scott wrote:Barring a trade Chris & Jake will go one / two in the draft.
If it goes that way and then Oakland takes McFadden at #4, who do you see KC taking at 5?

Gholston?
Ryan?
Clady?
Ellis?

Someone else?
Chiefs may..... errr will do something stupid.

First guess is they actually do grab Ryan then turn him into David Carr by allowing 70 sacks.

Second stupid thing would be grabbing Ghoston beacuse:
A. We're already OK at DE w/ Allen and Hali
B. He looks like the next coming of Mike Mamula (great workouts / not so dominant real game performance)

Sedrick Ellis wouldn't be a bad pick - we could use some size and athleticism in the middle and we see how well Turk and Tank turned out - Still given the Chiefs success in drafting DTs he'd prolly turn out to be another Ryan Sims........ So

My Choice would be trading down to the Ravens getting whatever they're willing to give and grabbing Clady.

Only knock on him has been he played at Boise against lesser comp. From the tape I watched, he's a better Pass blocker than run (long arms) , but then again, it's not like BSU ran the power I.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

KC should definitely be thinking OT. If they don't grab in OT with their first pick, then consider their draft a D- no matter what happens afterwards. Clady should be slotted with the 5th pick unless Oakland decides to go that route. If Clady is gone, then shop the pick and move down for Otah or Williams. Damn, seems like Oakland and KC have the same needs with the exception of KC needing some help in the secondary.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:Shit team.
Shit coach
Shit owner
This asshole let Brees and this year's Super Bowl MVP walk.
Shit players
A phony picture of a phony action figure. It should show him pouting.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Sirfindafold wrote:
Shit players
A phony picture of a phony action figure. It should show him pouting.
That would be a "shit take"- NFL MVPs are NOT "shit players" last time I checked.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I might be crazy to think this, but what if Oakland traded the pick to the Lions for their 1st and 2nd picks?
Trading down makes sense for Oakland, seeing as they are short on picks -- no 2nd or 3rd round picks this year.
That ain't good for a team trying to rebuild itself.

I believe one more 'big' Oakland deal will happen before this draft is over.

Chad Johnson to the Raiders.
A hunch.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Chad Johnson WILL NOT be traded....the Bungles will be slapped with a $8 million salary cap hit if they do so. NO player is worth taking that kind of a salary cap sinkhole.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Two points there, Paul.

1. I don't know that the 8 mil cap hit is written in stone. There may be cap manipulations that can take place to reduce that number. I understand that the Bengals have stated that 8 mil number, but it serves their interests to state things that way.

2. If a high-profile guy is potentially going to shred a room to pieces by being a chronic malcontent, taking the hit and ditching him might be the lesser of two evils ... by far.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:Two points there, Paul.

1. I don't know that the 8 mil cap hit is written in stone. There may be cap manipulations that can take place to reduce that number. I understand that the Bengals have stated that 8 mil number, but it serves their interests to state things that way.

2. If a high-profile guy is potentially going to shred a room to pieces by being a chronic malcontent, taking the hit and ditching him might be the lesser of two evils ... by far.
I'll entertain those two points Pops....but at the end of the day the Bungles are all about purging their locker room of the bad seeds (buh-bye Chris Henry, Madieu Williams, etc.) and while CJ isn't a model teammate these days he CAN be managed if they go about it the right way. Letting him rot on the bench for a long period of time in the first few games of the season might get across to him...or it might not.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RevLimiter wrote:
poptart wrote:Two points there, Paul.

I'll entertain those two points Pops....but at the end of the day the Bungles are all about purging their locker room of the bad seeds (buh-bye Chris Henry, Madieu Williams, etc.) and while CJ isn't a model teammate these days he CAN be managed if they go about it the right way. Letting him rot on the bench for a long period of time in the first few games of the season might get across to him...or it might not.
He will never come to terms with the fact that he is BY FAR the 2nd best wide receiver on that team.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

rozy wrote:He will never come to terms with the fact that he is BY FAR the 2nd best wide receiver on that team.
Leading the AFC in receiving yards from 2003-2006 says otherwise. :meds:

EDIT: AFC, NOT the NFL. My bad.
Last edited by RevLimiter on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
rozy wrote:He will never come to terms with the fact that he is BY FAR the 2nd best wide receiver on that team.
Leading the league in receiving yards the last FOUR YEARS says otherwise. :meds:
Paul,

Looking to lead T1B in stupid comments yet again?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... y_year.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:
Leading the league in receiving yards the last FOUR YEARS says otherwise. :meds:
Paul,

Looking to lead T1B in stupid comments yet again?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... y_year.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I fixed it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

mvscal wrote:
T Gay Who'sadouchebag

B+

won't do dick without 85 taking all pressure off him.

Kind of like Kevin Walter, Keary Colbert, Terry Glenn, etc. do with the pressure taken off of them? Stick to defense where you're always nails. The only thing Ocho Sinkholes has on T.J. is speed which is the solitary thing that can give even the slightest hint of credibility to your statement.
Oh, and KCCinnamonroll, take a look at a calendar today and tell me what you see...

Paul will now say something stupid.
Mvscal will now type out WES WELKER which would be a damn good example of his point.

Which one should I respond to...? hmmmm
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

rozy wrote:Oh, and KCCinnamonroll, take a look at a calendar today and tell me what you see...

Paul will now say something stupid.
It's April 16. You asked.

P.S.- No stupidity, just the facts. :hfal:
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

If the Raiders do draft McFadden, I'd love to see them cut Michael Bush loose. Dude has a Jerome Bettis look to him.
Bush healthy, but future uncertain
By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
3 hours, 10 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintMore From Charles RobinsonHenne adding to Wolverine tradition Apr 14, 2008 Will Ravens' waiting end with Ryan? Apr 10, 2008
When Michael Bush first heard the buzz, he wasn’t thinking that this was just the typical business nature of the NFL. Or that it was just more potential competition. Instead, one very familiar word came to mind when Bush heard the Oakland Raiders were flirting with Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

“I was just like ‘Why?’ ” Bush wondered.

Bush conveys the moment like a man who has been asking himself that question forever. And some days in Bush’s mind, it might seem that way. Since Sept. 2006, his career has seen little more than turbulence: A broken leg against Kentucky in the opener of his senior season; a second surgery a month before the NFL draft; plummeting into the fourth round of the 2007 draft; and then a long climb back with the Raiders that ended with an unexpected deactivation in November – without logging a single carry in his rookie season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Now, in what can only be described as another layer of misery – after watching Justin Fargas blossom in Oakland’s backfield and even Dominic Rhodes rack up a pair of 100-yard rushing games to end last season – Bush will spend the one-year anniversary of his draft freefall looking over his shoulder, hoping the Raiders don’t pull the rug out from his feet again, and use the No. 4 overall pick on McFadden.

“The first time I heard that (might happen), I was like, ‘why would you do that?’ ” Bush said. “You’ve got Dominic Rhodes, who to me is still a good running back. Then you’ve got Fargas still here and LaMont (Jordan) still here. We’ve got a good group of backs.”

Bush in his junior season. (US Presswire)

That Bush leaves himself off that list is no accident. He’s felt like the forgotten decimal point in Oakland’s backfield equation for some time. That was hard to imagine only 19 months ago, when Bush entered his senior season at Louisville near the top of his running back class and a favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Those were expectations that made plenty of sense after he rolled to 2,380 yards and 36 touchdowns in his first three seasons with the Cardinals.

It’s already a faint memory, but at 6-foot-2 and 247 pounds, Bush was a combination of T.J. Duckett with better instincts and LenDale White with a more sculpted body. He was the embodiment of a top draft choice: big, fast, athletic and carrying a great attitude.

Now he’s the picture of what can go wrong when a leg injury or surgery occurs so close to the draft. Not to mention what can wrong when you finally get to the next level, only to watch a team shelve you in a nonsensical numbers game.

That is what happened to Bush last season, in what could be labeled as another stroke of Oakland’s roster mismanagement. After starting the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list, Bush was practicing, healthy, and had a good working knowledge of the offense by November. But that diligence was rewarded with the Raiders sticking him back on PUP for the remainder of the season.

Why? Because Oakland would have had to cut one of its backs to make room for Bush, and it would have come with back-to-back games looming against the running back-needy Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos.

Never mind that Oakland was 2-8 at that point of the season. Or that Jordan and Rhodes were contributing almost nothing at the time. Even the fact that Bush was a young building block in need of playing time couldn’t sway the decision. Instead, the Raiders (ahem, Al Davis) chose to keep Jordan and Rhodes and stick Bush on the PUP list, in hopes of denying the Chiefs or Broncos a possible competitive edge. And while Oakland won both of those games, the victories accomplished almost nothing in the wider view of what became a 4-12 season.

“There’s a lot to be said that if you’re looking to the future (that) you should have brought him up, you should have played him,” Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said earlier this month at the league’s annual owners meetings. “It wasn’t an easy decision. But it was a decision we made to go with the guys that we had.

“That affected Michael, I know, because Michael had worked so hard at that point to be able to practice with us and to be able to potentially play. Unfortunately we kind of took that away from him.”

Bush said the decision shocked him initially, particularly after he had spent countless post-practice work and film sessions trying to convince the coaching staff that he was healthy and ready to go. Bush said he fully expected to be activated, and that it wasn’t until well afterward that he was able to try to spin it in another direction. Not unlike his draft experience, when he went in hoping teams would gamble on him despite his injury – “Like Willis McGahee,” Bush said – but left trying to convince himself that he had landed in the right place.

Now he looks at his aborted first season, and hopes it means another year tacked on at the end of his career. “I look at it as I saved my body and I learned what to expect when you’re practicing hard,” Bush said. “I just try to get the most positive thing out of it.”

It’s a diplomatic viewpoint, to be sure. And Bush is doing his best to extend that line of thinking to the upcoming draft. While he’s hoping Oakland spends its No. 4 pick on something else – say, a defensive tackle – he’s determined to bite his tongue no matter the outcome.

“You like to say there’s nothing wrong with competing, but then you throw the dollar signs (from McFadden being a top pick) out there,” Bush said. “If I would have to wait or share reps or whatever, I’ve dealt with that in college.

“It’s a business. I talked to Justin Fargas and he said the same thing happened to him when he got into the league. They had Tyrone Wheatley and guys like that, and he had to take a back seat until this year. We’ve got a good group of guys in the backfield, so we don’t really understand why they would draft another running back. But Mr. Davis, he likes to win. And if he feels like McFadden can bring something to the table and we can win some games, then you can’t be mad at the guy.”

And Bush?

“I’ve become the unknown guy,” he said. “That’s ok. It just makes me work harder. A lot of guys are overlooking me and things I can bring to the table.”

After a long wait, he’ll be pulling up his chair soon enough.

Charles Robinson is a national NFL writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Charles a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

R-Jack wrote:Paul, be afraid. Your crown is in danger
rozy wrote:Kind of like Kevin Walter, Keary Colbert, Terry Glenn, etc. do with the pressure taken off of them? Stick to defense where you're always nails.
So to support your argument the TJ is FAR better than one of the top producers in the league, you point out that TJ is better than a host of #2 options? WTF?

Please re-read what you just typed and figure out how that hurts your argument more than is supports it.
Not what I am saying at all. That is more the point that Chico and the Ham were trying to make. I was merely mocking it. TJ is no #2 option THESE days. He has graduated. Ocho Stinkhole gets
TJ's leftovers.

The one that's getting open is the one that gets the ball.

Don't mock my mockery.

Yesterday = Moss, Ocho Dropeos and Harrison
Today = Moss, TJ, and Reggie

The NFC doesn't matter.

Not really that hard to figger out...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul wrote:Letting him rot on the bench for a long period of time in the first few games of the season might get across to him...or it might not.
Does that work on an athlete like Chad Johnson in this day-and-age of pro sports?

I'd be all for it if I thought it would have the deired effect.
I'm afraid it only has the potential to make matters considerably worse.

Imagine you sit Johnson and the team loses games with a known playmaker sitting.
Think that might be like taking a stick to a hornet's nest?
I'm sure Chad would sit quietly through the whole thang.

Btw, I'm not necessarily saying Oakland ought to trade for the guy.
I'm just saying I think it's a real possibility.
It would be, in many ways, a typical Al move.

I like Johnson's productivity, but I don't like HIM.
People once viewed him as some sort of 'cute' little player, with cute little antics.
Maybe some dumbshits still do.
Myself, I always saw him as the me-guy fuzz-nut that he is.

Scott, if Bush is a player I doubt that Oakland will make a mistake and cut him loose.
He could be, as a freaking 4th round pick, the steal of the '07 draft.
He's big, strong, can catch the ball, and has nimble feet.
But he will have missed almost 2 whole years of action by the time he gets into action in pre-season games in August.
He sounds hungry as hell.

Even if Bush is the real deal, it wouldn't stop Al from drafting a guy like McFadden, if he thinks he is big-time.
He brought in Bo when M. Allen was in his prime.
That's how Al rolls.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Bush is too talented of a RB to sit behind McFadden, Fargas, and Rhodes. Bush needs to get his and I think the best way to do that is if the Raiders decide to pick McFadden, then they need to be shopping Bush right now for an additional pick. I think a team would spend a 3rd rounder for him considering his path on the way back has consisted of long hours spent on the field and in the film room.

Raiders need to think defense. They are another DE or DT away from potentially having a "wrecking crew" on that side of the ball. Defense wins....you get the picture.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland beat writer Jerry MacDonald, who's usually pretty astute, sees the Raiders taking either Gholston or Dorsey, unless both are gone, which is doubtful.
His read on things is that the Raiders believe in M. Bush.

If they think Bush is a player, I don't see them moving him.

LaMont is gonzo, however.
And perhaps D. Rhodes too.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Pops,

Here’s my preference:

Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Vernon Gholston
Sedrick Ellis
Darren McFadden

McFadden will probably get the nod from Davis but I’m a defensive minded guy and I’d be excited to see the Raiders beef up the DL.

Here’s to the Falcons snapping up McFadden so the Raiders can snag a stud DL.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Hey Toos, I hope you're well.

Post more, read less.