Breaking News: Obama steps on dick again

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Breaking News: Obama steps on dick again

Post by War Wagon »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations," he also said.
You go boy. Way to antagonize and throw small town midwestern America under the bus whilst campaigning in San Francisco, of all places. I guess you aimed those comments at a different audience than the group you were describing.

"they cling to guns or religion..." ??? Doh! That's going to play real well in Peoria. Shoot, why not just have called them white trash redneck hillbillies? Everyone knows that's what you meant.

Way to hand Hillary a club to beat you with just 11 days before the Pennsylvania primary.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Breaking News: Obama steps on dick again

Post by Cuda »

^^^ typical white person response
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:^^^ typical stupid person response
FTFY
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

So comrade Bri, what should the "smart" person response to those remarks be?

You're really giving him a free pass, are you not?
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote:^^^ typical stupid person response
White people=stupid people.
Typical Omama response.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:The full quote is better.
"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," Obama said. "And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
No doubt a big hit with KOS kids and his wingnut base, but this is unbelievable. What a complete asshat.

Tell us more about his "experience" and his "judgement"...please.
Sorry if it confuses you when a candidate speaks to voters as if they are adults. Would you prefer the guy who thought trees caused pollution?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:So comrade Bri, what should the "smart" person response to those remarks be?

A smart person would understand that Obama was talking about the tendency of people to scapegoat others for problems caused by systemic failure, inevitable market forces, or poor personal planning. He was dead on balls right in what he said, and only a complete fucking dipshit would say otherwise.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

The core of this message is not outlandish. To paraphrase, he's saying that peeps are tired of the government and want to have faith in something else. That's alright.

Where I have a problem is when he says that: And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

These comments are suggesting that there is something wrong with them thinking this way. As if it's wrong for somebody to value their constitutional rights over the government. That people are bitter if they value religion over their government. That they demand their security, both physically and economically, from outside forces, is somehow a misled stance to take. Those statements are what I take exception to.

As for the part where he says 'antipathy to people who aren't like them', is he talking about his church? Just sayin'. Peace.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: A smart person would understand that Obama was talking about the tendency of people to scapegoat others for problems caused by systemic failure, inevitable market forces, or poor personal planning. He was dead on balls right in what he said, and only a complete fucking dipshit would say otherwise.
Bullshit.

He pandered to one set of people at the expense of others. You think he would have made those same comments in one of those midwestern small towns hit hard by manufacturing job losses? Hell NO, he wouldn't have.

You just go ahead and keep carrying water for this divisive bozo. Assuming he can refrain from sabotaging his own nomination in April, you're still going to be very disappointed when he loses in an utter landslide come November.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote: Obama was talking about the tendency of people to scapegoat others for problems caused by systemic failure, inevitable market forces, or poor personal planning.
He was talking about Wright?

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:
BSmack wrote: Obama was talking about the tendency of people to scapegoat others for problems caused by systemic failure, inevitable market forces, or poor personal planning.
Not specifically, but his speech on race contained many of the same sentiments regarding "black anger".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Not specifically, but his speech on race contained many of the same sentiments regarding "black anger".
Ahhh, so it was about Wright AND Farrakhan.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:So comrade Bri, what should the "smart" person response to those remarks be?

A smart person would understand ...etc, etc....
Fuck would you know about what a smart person would understand?

You've never been anything but a blind-faith, knee-jerk, DemocRat dick-smoker
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Obama's biggest problem is that everything he says about white people is true.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Obama's biggest problem is that everything he says about white people is true about Democraps.
I can see how that might be troublesome.

ImageImage
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Obumble's biggest problem is that the more he opens his pie-hole the more he exposes himself as a divider rather than a uniter.

On top of being a pathetic pussy, he's clearly not real bright.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

battery chucka' one wrote:Ahhh, so it was about Wright AND Farrakhan.
AND about Billy Bob and Bubba.

Oh how it must pain you to have a Presidential candidate speak to you like an adult.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

The fact that Obama is now backpedalling like crazy from his initial statement (which was freaking condescending as hell) is proof positive that he isn't the wonder child he was touted to be.

Between Hillary outright lying about being under fire in her '96 Bosnia trip, Obama's spiritual advisor being a paranoid racist, Obama's wife trying to pull the race card despite being a wealthy, Ivy League alum, and his recent condescending statement, it seems like the Dems are determined to just hand the Presidency to McCain.

Nice job.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:The fact that Obama is now backpedalling like crazy from his initial statement (which was freaking condescending as hell) is proof positive that he isn't the wonder child he was touted to be.
Exactly.

But wait... isn't he now saying it was just a poor choice of words?

:lol:
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:But wait... isn't he now saying it was just a poor choice of words?
Precisely.

Does Obama honestly hold that condescending view of blue-collar America?

Based upon the fact that he refuses to disown the racist, radical nutjob he called his "spiritual advisor" and that his wife whines about how hard it is to be pulling down six-digits as a black woman with an Ivy league degree, I have a really hard time taking Obama seriously as any kind of unifying "post-racial" president. The fact that Obama's two closest friends/family members are pulling the exact shit that he claims that we're all supposed to be beyond shows that he's all smoke and frigging mirrors.

There's simply no way in hell that this "garlic nose" (as Rev. Wright calls us Eye-talians) is casting his vote for Obama.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

rack karl rove for all of this
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:Ahhh, so it was about Wright AND Farrakhan.
AND about Billy Bob and Bubba.
You're right about the former Rapist-in-chief.

But leave Thornton out of this, he isn't running for anything.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Appearantly the Obamas actually like white people...
While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’?” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”
http://www.thetartan.org/2008/4/7/news/obama" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
War Wagon wrote:But wait... isn't he now saying it was just a poor choice of words?
Precisely.

Does Obama honestly hold that condescending view of blue-collar America?

Based upon the fact that he refuses to disown the racist, radical nutjob he called his "spiritual advisor" and that his wife whines about how hard it is to be pulling down six-digits as a black woman with an Ivy league degree, I have a really hard time taking Obama seriously as any kind of unifying "post-racial" president. The fact that Obama's two closest friends/family members are pulling the exact shit that he claims that we're all supposed to be beyond shows that he's all smoke and frigging mirrors.

There's simply no way in hell that this "garlic nose" (as Rev. Wright calls us Eye-talians) is casting his vote for Obama.
Mike, there was no way you were ever going to pull the lever for Obama. Or McCain. Or Hillary.

Your Libertarian principles will not allow you to.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:Mike, there was no way you were ever going to pull the lever for Obama. Or McCain. Or Hillary.

Your Libertarian principles will not allow you to.
True, but I was at least intrigued enough by the messianic hooplah to look into the guy. I was hardly shocked to find him to be just another elitist con-artist, complete with clueless Kool-Aid drinking worshippers, all excusing his gaffes and unsavory ties. Obama himself excuses Wright's and his own offensive statements with the worthless "well, if what I said happened to offend, then I'm sorry you are offended..." It's the typical non-apologetic apology that typical politicians give.

Our mutual friend, Dr. Joseph Fornieri, wrote an op-ed piece that was critical of Obama's spiritual mentor. When Michelle and I saw Joe during his gig at Lappy's this past Friday, Joe told us that RIT was becoming concerned due to the nature of the hate mail that was being sent to him in response to his essay. The lovely followers of the "messenger of hope" have spewed hatred and vitriol in the defense of their beloved candidate. Nice.

Obama and his cult claim that he is a candidate that "transcends race." Horseshit. He, his wife, and his spiritual advisor peddle in the same tired race-baiting and double standard (criticism of whites of any stripe by blacks is A-OK, but the other way around is racist...) that Sharpton et al. have been using for years. Obama has just packaged it in a slicker way.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:True, but I was at least intrigued enough by the messianic hooplah to look into the guy. I was hardly shocked to find him to be just another elitist con-artist, complete with clueless Kool-Aid drinking worshippers, all excusing his gaffes and unsavory ties. Obama himself excuses Wright's and his own offensive statements with the worthless "well, if what I said happened to offend, then I'm sorry you are offended..." It's the typical non-apologetic apology that typical politicians give.
Mike,

I'm not shocked that you would find Obama not to your taste. I am shocked that you are making some horrifically awful generalizations and ad hominems regarding both Obama and his supporters. I expect that kind of crap from the dittoheads around here. But you're smarter than that.

Sure Obama's made verbal gaffes. But he question that should be asked is how Obama's gaffes compare to the other candidates? Does a simple poorly worded statement of fact (Small town America is pissed off and distrustful of politicians) carry the same gravity as some of the outright lies perpetrated by McCain and Clinton? You know, like Hillary was against NAFTA while she was campaigning for it? Or McCain's assertion that Shia Iran is training Sunni Al Queda fighters, a lie that was so utterly craven that even McCain's Boy Friday, Joe Lieberman, felt compelled to correct him IN PUBLIC after McCain had uttered the same lie for the 3rd time in 3 days.

I'd cite more, but I'm currently pinned down by sniper fire.

And I'm certain that there are followers of all the candidates who apply more than a single helping of hero worship when if comes to "their" candidate. I suggest you go to an election night party someday. Even town board candidates have their acolytes who believe that if only "their" candidate were to get elected, all would magically become right with the world. If you want to disqualify candidates for having supporters who are overly emotional, then you might just as well call for anarchy.

As for your claim that Obama "excuses" Rev. Wright, I refer you to these comments.
I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country - a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam.

As such, Reverend Wright's comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems - two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change; problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all.
If that's an excuse, I'd like to know what your idea of a condemnation is. Should Obama have literally cast the first stone?
Our mutual friend, Dr. Joseph Fornieri, wrote an op-ed piece that was critical of Obama's spiritual mentor. When Michelle and I saw Joe during his gig at Lappy's this past Friday, Joe told us that RIT was becoming concerned due to the nature of the hate mail that was being sent to him in response to his essay. The lovely followers of the "messenger of hope" have spewed hatred and vitriol in the defense of their beloved candidate. Nice.
First off, Joe was at Lappy's and nobody fucking TOLD me? :?

What name is he playing under? I see Joe Likely and the Midnight Blues scheduled for May 10th. Is that his band?

As for Joe's comments, he's guilty of gross oversimplification (comparing MLK's battle with Elijah Mohamed to Obama's situation with Rev. Wright is just plain crazy) and an error of fact that undermines his whole argument. The truth is that John McCain has sought the support of preachers just as misguided, hateful and divisive as Rev. Wright, if not more so in some regards. And nary a fucking WORD has been said by the mainstream media.

BTW: None of this excuses whatever hatred and vitriol might be currently directed at Joe. Those people should be held legally accountable if necessary.
Obama and his cult claim that he is a candidate that "transcends race." Horseshit. He, his wife, and his spiritual advisor peddle in the same tired race-baiting and double standard (criticism of whites of any stripe by blacks is A-OK, but the other way around is racist...) that Sharpton et al. have been using for years. Obama has just packaged it in a slicker way.
Link? I mean seriously Mike, you're so much better than this. Does Obama need his Sista Soulja moment to convince you that he's not a race baiter?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:Sure Obama's made verbal gaffes.
The problem is that those gaffes have revealed the true nature of his character which is that of a race baiting shitstain.

Game over, asshat.
Just because you repeat it doesn't make it so. You do understand that?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Correct. The fact that it is undeniably true is what makes it so.
Yet here I and many others deny it. By all means, give me a well reasoned and lucid argument, backed up by some kind of publicly available empirical evidence.
You aren't going to be winning any national elections by stereotyping and insulting 70% of the electorate, but you are a hardcore, kool-aid drinking dumbfuck so I don't expect you to get it until November.
Funny how you stereotype and insult me, yet expect somehow the "clarity" of your argumentation to pierce through like some kind of magic ray of light through a turd. You would reject Obama for allegedly doing what you do here every day?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:I am shocked that you are making some horrifically awful generalizations and ad hominems regarding both Obama and his supporters. I expect that kind of crap from the dittoheads around here. But you're smarter than that.

Sure Obama's made verbal gaffes. But he question that should be asked is how Obama's gaffes compare to the other candidates? Does a simple poorly worded statement of fact (Small town America is pissed off and distrustful of politicians) carry the same gravity as some of the outright lies perpetrated by McCain and Clinton?
Sorry, but Obama doesn't get a pass on this one. He claimed that blue-collar white folks cling to guns, Jesus, and xenophobia out of anger. That's precisely the kind of divisive, simple-minded, elitist, holier-than-thou bullshit that Obama was allegedly above.

Attributing the religious beliefs of blue-collar whites to anger and frustration is frigging despicable. It belittles the devotion and faith of a whole set of people. It was wrong, and all Obama's backpeddaling consisted of was a "well, if how I said it offended you, then I'm sorry." That's not an apology. That's a sidestep. An actual apology would have involved apologizing for the CONTENT of what he said, not the style in which he said it.
BSmack wrote:And I'm certain that there are followers of all the candidates who apply more than a single helping of hero worship when if comes to "their" candidate. I suggest you go to an election night party someday. Even town board candidates have their acolytes who believe that if only "their" candidate were to get elected, all would magically become right with the world. If you want to disqualify candidates for having supporters who are overly emotional, then you might just as well call for anarchy.
The double standard used by Obama's supporters is ridiculous. Dom Imus got shitcanned after the firestorm from the black community over three words. Three frigging tasteless words. Reverend Wright's supporters (including Obama) have tried to dismiss his paranoid, hateful rhetoric (which was far more than three words) as being culled from three decades of preaching. White radio jock says three words - ignore the decades of the rest of his work and fire his ass. Black preacher says and writes hateful material - eh, it's just a few words.

I also found it laughable (and disturbing) that the Rochester D&C had preachers snagging op-ed space to DEFEND Wright's comments - placing them "in context of the culture," and other ivory tower horseshit. So, not only are some of Obama's supporters pooh-poohing the connection to Wright, but there are folks out there ready to DEFEND Wright. Hell, I even found one site in which paranoid freaks tried claiming that the article by Wright referenced by Joe was a hoax perpetrated by Hillary's supporters (the proof? the offending article was quietly removed from "The Trumpet"''s website).
BSmack wrote:As for your claim that Obama "excuses" Rev. Wright, I refer you to these comments.
I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely - just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.
That last sentence is utter bullshit. If my priest ever said racist and seditious statements from the pulpit, I would seek to have him censured, and if that were not possible (or if the bulk of the congregation actually agreed with him), I'd frigging leave.

Obama cannot have it both ways - claiming that Wright was his spiritual advisor and friend for two decades...and then claiming that he was unaware of the paranoid shit that Wright believed and preached.

Yes, we've all had experiences in which a friend or associate has made remarks that is antithetical to our own views. Unlike Obama, many of us (myself included) dissociate ourselves from them.
BSmack wrote:First off, Joe was at Lappy's and nobody fucking TOLD me? :?

What name is he playing under? I see Joe Likely and the Midnight Blues scheduled for May 10th. Is that his band?
Joe's blues band is "The Dynamics." Sometimes he has the horn section with him, and then he goes by "The Dynamics and the Horns of Redemption." He even tossed some CCR and Van Morrison into the playlist just for Michelle & I.

On top of having the two bands (the blues one and the rock/R&B one), the books, and all that...dude just got a Fullbright Fellowship and will be teaching in Prague from January to June.

Dude is one talented mo-fo.
BSmack wrote:As for Joe's comments, he's guilty of gross oversimplification (comparing MLK's battle with Elijah Mohamed to Obama's situation with Rev. Wright is just plain crazy) and an error of fact that undermines his whole argument.
Really? Is Wright's idiotic claim that AIDS is a government plot any less insane than the nutty shit that Mohamed taught?
BSmack wrote:The truth is that John McCain has sought the support of preachers just as misguided, hateful and divisive as Rev. Wright, if not more so in some regards. And nary a fucking WORD has been said by the mainstream media.
Really? The Catholics got all over McCain for the anti-Catholic comments of one of the preachers (my folks mentioned that one to me), and the fact remains that NONE of the preachers that have offered support to McCain have been lovingly, deeply held up as his "spiritual advisors." Obama and Wright were thick as thieves for two frigging decades.

BSmack wrote:Link? I mean seriously Mike, you're so much better than this. Does Obama need his Sista Soulja moment to convince you that he's not a race baiter?
Actually, his wife get's analyzed nicely in the latest "National Review" ("Mrs. Obama's America"). Before you discount the story by condemning the source, READ it. Michelle Obama is a race-baiter who STILL tries to somehow turn her Princeton degree and successful career into some sort of burden to overcome.

Obama himself may not be a race-baiter, but, as the NR article points out, it's damned troubling that his "spiritual advisor" and wife delve into that tired horseshit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Deny away, fuckface. It isn't going to change the fact that this election is over. Clowntoon has degenerated into a bizarre caricature of her already unpleasant self and angry, condescending black militant isn't going to play anywhere you'll need to win to take the White House. Odumbfuck has already given the opposition much more material to work with than Kerry ever did.

All McCain has to do is kick back and watch the feathers fly while you morons fuck the chicken.
For some reason the old Spiro Agnew quote about "nattering nabobs of negativism" comes to mind. How sad that the only way a Republican can hope to win is for his surrogates to slander and defame the opposition. I can't even remember the last time you said something good about McCain. Is there any good about him?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:How sad that the only way a Republican can hope to win is for his surrogates to slander and defame the opposition
Yep. McCain seems to be able to fly under the media's radar while Hillary and Obama go at each other and provide soundbites.
BSmack wrote:I can't even remember the last time you said something good about McCain. Is there any good about him?
McCain is a frigging wingnut and no prize as a candidate. He's been getting a free ride thanks to the Dems' internal squabbling.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:You would reject Obama for allegedly doing what you do here every day?
mv removed his name from the running before the Iowa caucus. His straw poll numbers weren't looking very promising.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:so I will be spending the next few months kicking him in the balls.
... and kicking B-Monica in the chin at the same time
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

It's not getting better for O'Bigot anytime soon
Alicia Keys Promises to Spread Message of Anti-Caucasian Race Hate
Barack O'Bigot can count on the vote of zillionaire entertainer and fellow oppressed mulatto Alicia Keys, who sounds remarkably like Obama's spiritual mentor Jeremiah Wright as she explains how the white man created gangsta rap to convince blacks to kill each other.

Keys also reveals that the homicidal feud between the thugs Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was driven "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing." Keys praises cop-killing Black Panther sociopath Huey Newton, lamenting that if he'd "had the outlets our musicians have today, it[anti-Caucasian race hate]'d be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself."

The career of a white entertainer who promised to spread the message of the KKK would be over instantly. That's certainly fair, since as any black supremacist could tell you, only white people are racist.

Alicia Keys tries to figure out how to work a piano
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:Sorry, but Obama doesn't get a pass on this one. He claimed that blue-collar white folks cling to guns, Jesus, and xenophobia out of anger. That's precisely the kind of divisive, simple-minded, elitist, holier-than-thou bullshit that Obama was allegedly above.
A pass? You mean like Obama is Tessio begging the voters playing Tom Hagen for a "pass"? You know, for old times sake?

I prefer to look at the whole picture. Each candidate has a public life and record that stretches back for years. This gaffe, like everything else that has been said, gets put into the mental hopper for later use.
Attributing the religious beliefs of blue-collar whites to anger and frustration is frigging despicable.
Despicable? As despicable as Karl Rove putting anti gay marriage bills of the ballot in battleground states?
It belittles the devotion and faith of a whole set of people. It was wrong, and all Obama's backpeddaling consisted of was a "well, if how I said it offended you, then I'm sorry." That's not an apology. That's a sidestep. An actual apology would have involved apologizing for the CONTENT of what he said, not the style in which he said it.
I'm pretty sure that Obama did apologize for the content of what he said. I wouldn't have. But I guess that's why I'm not running for office. He also attempted to clarify what he MEANT to convey with his comments. Obviously, that clarification has fallen on your deaf ears.
BSmack wrote:The double standard used by Obama's supporters is ridiculous. Dom Imus got shitcanned after the firestorm from the black community over three words. Three frigging tasteless words. Reverend Wright's supporters (including Obama) have tried to dismiss his paranoid, hateful rhetoric (which was far more than three words) as being culled from three decades of preaching. White radio jock says three words - ignore the decades of the rest of his work and fire his ass. Black preacher says and writes hateful material - eh, it's just a few words.
BULLSHIT.

Don Imus has a history of bigoted and hateful speech throughout his career. He was Howard Stern before Howard completely tarded up the radio. What is ridiculous is you comparing Imus to Rev Wright.
I also found it laughable (and disturbing) that the Rochester D&C had preachers snagging op-ed space to DEFEND Wright's comments - placing them "in context of the culture," and other ivory tower horseshit.
The correct argument would be to explain very simply that it is just about impossible for a black man to be in an all black church and not be exposed to the kind of speech Rev Wright is currently being pilloried for.

Furthermore, they should be calling for the unification of black and white churches. I still find it sad that during 13 years of attending my local Lutheran church that I can't recall a single non white member. My exposure to black churches came when I was working on political races in the city of Rochester.
So, not only are some of Obama's supporters pooh-poohing the connection to Wright, but there are folks out there ready to DEFEND Wright. Hell, I even found one site in which paranoid freaks tried claiming that the article by Wright referenced by Joe was a hoax perpetrated by Hillary's supporters (the proof? the offending article was quietly removed from "The Trumpet"''s website).
I guess that explains why Joe did not offer a link to the article. I mean there's no such thing as search engines or web crawlers that do things like say... index web pages.
That last sentence is utter bullshit. If my priest ever said racist and seditious statements from the pulpit, I would seek to have him censured, and if that were not possible (or if the bulk of the congregation actually agreed with him), I'd frigging leave.

Obama cannot have it both ways - claiming that Wright was his spiritual advisor and friend for two decades...and then claiming that he was unaware of the paranoid shit that Wright believed and preached.

Yes, we've all had experiences in which a friend or associate has made remarks that is antithetical to our own views. Unlike Obama, many of us (myself included) dissociate ourselves from them.
I have a friend who is as racist as a klansman. He's a veritable mvscal here in Western NY. As a matter of fact, I have several friends who one could describe in those terms. I don't endorse their views, but I will also not repudiate their friendship. What about that is hard to understand?
Joe's blues band is "The Dynamics." Sometimes he has the horn section with him, and then he goes by "The Dynamics and the Horns of Redemption." He even tossed some CCR and Van Morrison into the playlist just for Michelle & I.
OK, I see the Dynamics are booked there for May 9th. Drop me a line if you're coming up for it.
On top of having the two bands (the blues one and the rock/R&B one), the books, and all that...dude just got a Fullbright Fellowship and will be teaching in Prague from January to June.

Dude is one talented mo-fo.
On that there is no doubt.
Really? Is Wright's idiotic claim that AIDS is a government plot any less insane than the nutty shit that Mohamed taught?
Whacky as it might be, anything Rev Wright has said pales in comparison to the outright insanity that Mohamed preached every day of his life. Scientology looks normal compared to the Nation of Islam. And Mormons look downright sane.
Really? The Catholics got all over McCain for the anti-Catholic comments of one of the preachers (my folks mentioned that one to me), and the fact remains that NONE of the preachers that have offered support to McCain have been lovingly, deeply held up as his "spiritual advisors."
Did you catch McCain's act with Hagee? He not only courted Hagee's endorsement, he appeared with Hagee to receive Hagee's blessing

And McCain did call Rev Parsley a "spiritual guide."

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archiv ... ith_islam/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Obama and Wright were thick as thieves for two frigging decades.
You mean other than the last 10 years when Obama has been living in Springfield and Washington, DC?
BSmack wrote:Actually, his wife get's analyzed nicely in the latest "National Review" ("Mrs. Obama's America"). Before you discount the story by condemning the source, READ it. Michelle Obama is a race-baiter who STILL tries to somehow turn her Princeton degree and successful career into some sort of burden to overcome.

Obama himself may not be a race-baiter, but, as the NR article points out, it's damned troubling that his "spiritual advisor" and wife delve into that tired horseshit.
I don't subscribe to the NR. So this is all of the article I get to read.

http://nrd.nationalreview.com/article/? ... kzZjRjODc=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

REAL subtle code words there trying to compare Obama to Kim Jong Ill. :meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:I prefer to look at the whole picture. Each candidate has a public life and record that stretches back for years. This gaffe, like everything else that has been said, gets put into the mental hopper for later use.
I like to look at what the candidate says currently. His comment was fresh, not something that he spouted years ago. It reflects his current thought.
MtLR wrote:Attributing the religious beliefs of blue-collar whites to anger and frustration is frigging despicable.
BSmack wrote:Despicable? As despicable as Karl Rove putting anti gay marriage bills of the ballot in battleground states?
BSmack wrote:I'm pretty sure that Obama did apologize for the content of what he said. I wouldn't have. But I guess that's why I'm not running for office. He also attempted to clarify what he MEANT to convey with his comments. Obviously, that clarification has fallen on your deaf ears.
Obama wrote:"If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," Obama said in an interview Saturday with the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal.
Is THAT the apology he made? Basically saying that "if you were pissed at how I said it, then I'm sorry I phrased it that way?"

That is not an apology.

If you don't believe me, try using that line in an argument with the wife.

What Obama said was inexcusable, basically attributing the faith of blue-collar whie people to anger and frustration, not to any genuine depth of spirituality. Picture the shitstorm that would occur if a white candidate had basically said that the reason black folk cling to THEIR guns and religion was due to anger at the government.
BSmack wrote: Don Imus has a history of bigoted and hateful speech throughout his career. He was Howard Stern before Howard completely tarded up the radio. What is ridiculous is you comparing Imus to Rev Wright.
I grew up downstate listening to Imus back when he was on WNBC in the late 70's/early 80's. He was mildly offensive (e.g. telling jokes on the day of Lennon's assassination about how it would now take three more bullets to have a Beatles reunion), but he was hardly racist. He was also known for raising money for charities.

The man should not have been fired for what he said, as offensive as it was. He was an entertainer who was fired for THREE WORDS, not for a "history" of racism.

Wright, OTOH, claimed some sort of spiritual leadership as a pastor and used his pulpit to make paranoid, unsubstantiated accusations against the government and his name to compose writings that dabbled in ethnic slurs.
MtLR wrote:So, not only are some of Obama's supporters pooh-poohing the connection to Wright, but there are folks out there ready to DEFEND Wright. Hell, I even found one site in which paranoid freaks tried claiming that the article by Wright referenced by Joe was a hoax perpetrated by Hillary's supporters (the proof? the offending article was quietly removed from "The Trumpet"''s website).
BSmack wrote:I guess that explains why Joe did not offer a link to the article. I mean there's no such thing as search engines or web crawlers that do things like say... index web pages.
Actually, Joe didn't provide a link to the article only because he submitted it as a Microsoft Word document. The paper itself converted his article into an electronic version.

And, apparently some folks HAVE managed to find indexed/archived versions of the article (I think ABC news was reported to have one). There are also no denials from Wright himself about the article, just from his internet supporters, who have no compelling reason to find and link the article.

BTW, the just google "Wright" and "garlic noses" and see how many freaking hits come up. The story is no urban legend or political dirty trick. Wright wrote it.
BSmack wrote:I have a friend who is as racist as a klansman. He's a veritable mvscal here in Western NY. As a matter of fact, I have several friends who one could describe in those terms. I don't endorse their views, but I will also not repudiate their friendship. What about that is hard to understand?
Sorry, but I cannot abide calling racists "friends" and have severed relationships with folks over such stuff. I don't want my kids polluted by exposure to that kind of idiocy.

As far as McCain and HIS religious wingnuts, the fact that both your article and several others I found on the subject exist, that disproves the point you tried making that McCain has gotten a free ride.

Now, why the big deal with Obama and Wright? Simple - Obama made a point of playing up their relationship prior to the uproar and, let's see....Wright married Obama and his wife, baptised their two kids, his church accepted tens of thousands of dollars from the Obamas, Obama quoted one of his sermons to give his book a title, etc.

That's a hell of a lot more than just courting some whackass preacher to garner some votes, which is what the McCain preachers seem to have been primarily for.

McCain is a freaking lunatic and racist ("gook" anyone?) who seems to not have a real respect for basic Constitutional concepts like civilian control of the military. He doesn't deserve my vote under any circumstances. But then again, IMNSHO, neither do Obama or Hillary.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign veered into damage control mode today following the reporting of the candidate's comments at a San Francisco fundraiser.

Trying to explain rural white culture to the California billionaires, the Democratic candidate said, "You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them... it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Although Obama merely stated the obvious truth, many voters in Pennsylvania were apparently angered by the characterization. To stem the backlash before the state's primary, the candidate hastily arranged a meeting with typical white people in rural Pennsylvania.

Obama's Rural Outreach Coordinator Miss Jane Hathaway (top left) called the 10-minute meeting a "rousing success."

"Contrary to some press reports, Sen. Obama has the common touch," according to Hathaway. "He may not have understood the folksy references to possums and cement ponds, but the Clampett family was very receptive to the senator's economic assistance."

By all accounts, the family will be supporting Obama on April 22 — especially if their newly-decorated car is any indication.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I like to look at what the candidate says currently. His comment was fresh, not something that he spouted years ago. It reflects his current thought.
That's great I guess. But you and I won't be voting until November. By November this will be old news.
MtLR wrote:Image
That's what you get for ordering your pizza with extra anchovies. I mean Hillary and McCain have and are doing and saying things RIGHT NOW that ought to be scandalizing the sensibilities of Middle America. Yet the GOP noise machine wants everyone to talk about this crap.

You ever wonder why?

Maybe it's because McCain would rather face Hillary???

BTW: Do the Libertarians have a candidate yet? Your party might even get my vote yet this year. That is, if Hillary is the Democratic nominee and Gravel wins the Libertarian nomination.
BSmack wrote:I'm pretty sure that Obama did apologize for the content of what he said. I wouldn't have. But I guess that's why I'm not running for office. He also attempted to clarify what he MEANT to convey with his comments. Obviously, that clarification has fallen on your deaf ears.
Obama wrote:"If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," Obama said in an interview Saturday with the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal.
Is THAT the apology he made? Basically saying that "if you were pissed at how I said it, then I'm sorry I phrased it that way?"

That is not an apology.
Here's the WHOLE quote.
"Obviously, if I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," Obama said in an interview with the Winston-Salem Journal, according to a transcript provided by his campaign.

"The underlying truth of what I said remains, which is simply that people who have seen their way of life upended because of economic distress are frustrated and rightfully so," he told the North Carolina newspaper. "And I hear it all the time when I visit these communities."
He's right and Karl Rove and his ilk know it better than anyone.
If you don't believe me, try using that line in an argument with the wife.
My wife is 7 months pregnant. God himself couldn't win an argument with her.
What Obama said was inexcusable, basically attributing the faith of blue-collar whie people to anger and frustration, not to any genuine depth of spirituality. Picture the shitstorm that would occur if a white candidate had basically said that the reason black folk cling to THEIR guns and religion was due to anger at the government.
It would probably be about the same level of shitstorm that was generated by Ferraro. The media loves it some feeding frenzy. But in a few days, there will be another bright shiny object for them to run after.

Hey look! Britney's naked!
I grew up downstate listening to Imus back when he was on WNBC in the late 70's/early 80's. He was mildly offensive (e.g. telling jokes on the day of Lennon's assassination about how it would now take three more bullets to have a Beatles reunion), but he was hardly racist. He was also known for raising money for charities.

The man should not have been fired for what he said, as offensive as it was. He was an entertainer who was fired for THREE WORDS, not for a "history" of racism.
Just a few examples of the garbage Imus has spewed on air.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those 3 words were just the tip of the iceberg.

BTW: Imus is back on the air. His "firing" amounted to a 6 month unpaid vacation.
Wright, OTOH, claimed some sort of spiritual leadership as a pastor and used his pulpit to make paranoid, unsubstantiated accusations against the government and his name to compose writings that dabbled in ethnic slurs.
Minus the part about him being a pastor, he sounds like a lot of the posters in this place.
Actually, Joe didn't provide a link to the article only because he submitted it as a Microsoft Word document. The paper itself converted his article into an electronic version.
It is possible to add hyperlinks using MS Word. In fact, MS Word even allows the user to save their documents as (very poorly coded) htm documents.

I have no reason to doubt Joe's account that Wright did write that article. I just wish I could read the whole article so I could better understand the context it was written in.
And, apparently some folks HAVE managed to find indexed/archived versions of the article (I think ABC news was reported to have one). There are also no denials from Wright himself about the article, just from his internet supporters, who have no compelling reason to find and link the article.

BTW, the just google "Wright" and "garlic noses" and see how many freaking hits come up. The story is no urban legend or political dirty trick. Wright wrote it.
Given that Wright is no longer a pastor and is not employed in any capacity by the Obama campaign, I wouldn't expect Wright to be making any public comments.
Sorry, but I cannot abide calling racists "friends" and have severed relationships with folks over such stuff. I don't want my kids polluted by exposure to that kind of idiocy.
I would rather my children saw them for what they are, both good and bad. And I will make it clear to my kids that I don't condone those views.
As far as McCain and HIS religious wingnuts, the fact that both your article and several others I found on the subject exist, that disproves the point you tried making that McCain has gotten a free ride.

Now, why the big deal with Obama and Wright? Simple - Obama made a point of playing up their relationship prior to the uproar and, let's see....Wright married Obama and his wife, baptised their two kids, his church accepted tens of thousands of dollars from the Obamas, Obama quoted one of his sermons to give his book a title, etc.

That's a hell of a lot more than just courting some whackass preacher to garner some votes, which is what the McCain preachers seem to have been primarily for.
I'll repeat. McCain called Rev Parsley a "spiritual guide." Furthermore, he's directly contradicted himself in 2000 when he called people like Falwell and Robertson "agents of intolerance" by now sucking up to those same "agents" and their successors.

Furthermore, when McCain feels the need to publicly repudiate Hagee and Parsley's insanity, then you can say they've drawn the same level of heat as Rev Wright.
McCain is a freaking lunatic and racist ("gook" anyone?) who seems to not have a real respect for basic Constitutional concepts like civilian control of the military. He doesn't deserve my vote under any circumstances. But then again, IMNSHO, neither do Obama or Hillary.
I expected nothing less. I just wish your reasons for dissing Obama were policy based, and not so heavily rooted in the slime that is being let loose on the campaign trail.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

B. Obama wrote:I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy.
Nope.

Never did cite specific comments that he condemns.

Just basically said, as Mike noted, "If something offended you, I condemn it and am sorry."

LOL

Guy's a fucking puss.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cuda wrote:
BSmack wrote:

A smart person would understand ...etc, etc....
Fuck would you know about what a smart person would understand?

You've never been anything but a blind-faith, knee-jerk, DemocRat dick-smoker
I agree... and you are his republican equivalent.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.