Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV (Halo 26)

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

verbal
nine inch male

Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV (Halo 26)

Post by verbal »

I can't believe nobody is talking about this album here. I frequent many music related forums and have always considered the members here to be quite able to recognize great music. Say what you will of Trent Reznor and his work. The last two albums (With Teeth & Year Zero) were complete shit. That's a hard thing for me to say since NIN is without question my favorite band of the last 15 years or so. This new album makes up for the last two a hundred times over. It is completely instrumental which may turn you off initially. I wasn't too jazzed about that prior to listening. I am very glad to have listened anyway. It's definitely worth the time and I believe it's still free.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Re: Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV (Halo 26)

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Year Zero was definitely shit. With Teeth had a few decent moments. I just got Ghosts (the CD version) a couple days ago. Still haven't listened to the whole thing. I put it on when I was going to sleep the other night and liked what I heard.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Maybe they're talking about it in "Non-music played by non-musicians who think pushing a preset on their Casiotone counts as 'music' forums"?

I'd say I'm shocked that NIN ever sold more than 3 albums, but NKOTB went platinum, so nothing shocks me.

Years back, my buddy's brother made the cutdown to the final 3 people interviewing/auditioning to play guitar in the NIN touring band. He's never played guitar professionally in his life, and hadn't picked one up in years (was a longtime keyboardist, but thought that gig sounded like an easy paycheck). Takes a lot of "musical talent" to cover that crap, eh?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
verbal
nine inch male

Post by verbal »

Dins, don't take this the wrong way but you are completely full of shit.