F-ing Bastards

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

F-ing Bastards

Post by Sky »

What a bunch of pricks the Yankees are. Sure on the surface it was real nice of them to go play VT and honor the students lost at last years shooting. But really, beating VT's baseball team 11-0 nothing just shows what a bunch of classless assholes they are. At least throw them a bone, will ya. This doesn't count. It isn't going to help your overpaid team win the world series. Hell, none of these games matter so quit getting in fights with the Devil Rays and save some of this energy for the season.

The best quote came from ARod - "This is the most important game I have ever played as a Yankee." That tells a lot. Sure it is a meaningful game, but certainly not the most important. Of course, he chokes like a 7th grade girl during the important games.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: F-ing Bastards

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Before putting on their pinstripes Tuesday, the New York Yankees arrived at Virginia Tech in suits and sunglasses. First stop, the moving memorial to victims of last year's campus massacre.

Derek Jeter posed for a picture with a woman in front of the stone that commemorated her fiance. The shortstop's only request to her was that she smile, which she did.

"It's part of the reason that we're here," Jeter said. "People always ask, well, what can you do? How does this help? I really don't know. If it just makes people smile or enjoy themselves for the three hours that we're here, it's all worthwhile."

The Yankees brought Alex Rodriguez, Jason Giambi and other stars to Blacksburg, Va., for an exhibition game against college kids that was more about healing than baseball.

The final score didn't matter. The message certainly did.

"There are certain things that happen that are so devastating that time stops," Rodriguez said, comparing the Virginia Tech shootings to the terrorists attacks in 2001. "For me, this is one of them. This is probably the proudest day I've ever (had) to wear a Yankee uniform."

Hearing that, Hokies coach Pete Hughes said, "knocks you on your heels."

From beginning to end, the visit Yankees owner George Steinbrenner promised moments after seeing the tragedy unfolding on television last April 16 was one to remember.

The Yankees made a $1 million contribution last year to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund, created to cover grief counseling, memorials and other costs for the victims and their families after Virginia Tech student Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people in two campus buildings before committing suicide.

The Yankees presented the donation to school president Charles Steger last May in New York, but the visit to Blacksburg was a key part of the assistance.

Before the game, 32 oversized orange balloons were released into the air as a tribute to the victims. In the first inning, Yankees manager Joe Girardi sat in the stands with football coach Frank Beamer.

"A young lady came up to me and said her brother was one of the children killed, and her mother thanks us for being here," Girardi said. "That really hit me hard."

During batting practice, the Yankees wore caps in the Hokies' orange and maroon, their 'NY' emblem on the front and a 'VT' logo on the side. Those were also the caps worn by Virginia Tech, while the Yankees switched to a Navy blue for the game, still with both emblems.

Rodriguez, Jeter and most of New York's starters came out in the fourth inning of an 11-0 victory. A-Rod strolled across the field with two bats and sat with the Hokies in their dugout.

"He was giving our guys trivia questions for his batting gloves and his bat," Hughes said. "He signed everything they threw at him."

Jeff Karstens pitched four innings for the Yankees, allowing both Virginia Tech hits and striking out two.

"I think it was just the sort of thing we were looking for," said Virginia Tech pitcher Rob Waskiewicz, who retired the side in order in the third. "We've been through some hard times, and people are starting to feel better, but I think this was a great thing."

In other news, George Sherrill was picked to be Baltimore's closer, and the Cincinnati Reds sent Jeremy Affeldt back to the bullpen.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Did the Yankees try a suicide squeeze during that game? A final of score of 32-1 might have been fitting.

Sincerely,

1smoothG
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Sky wrote:What a bunch of pricks the Yankees are. Sure on the surface it was real nice of them to go play VT and honor the students lost at last years shooting. But really, beating VT's baseball team 11-0 nothing just shows what a bunch of classless assholes they are. At least throw them a bone, will ya. This doesn't count. It isn't going to help your overpaid team win the world series. Hell, none of these games matter so quit getting in fights with the Devil Rays and save some of this energy for the season.

The best quote came from ARod - "This is the most important game I have ever played as a Yankee." That tells a lot. Sure it is a meaningful game, but certainly not the most important. Of course, he chokes like a 7th grade girl during the important games.
Shut up
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Man, I feel blessed with all the tards showing up around here. Make me less stupid if you ask me. Rack Sky for being an idiot.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

There's a lot of reasons to dislike the Yankees...this isn't one of them. They did a nice thing for some people in need...I applaud them for doing that. Beating them 11-0 is trivial...it's the act is what should be commended.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Besides, 11-0 ain't that bad. What were they supposed to do, intentionally swing and miss?

Yeah, with guys like Jeter and ARod in the lineup, I'm sure THAT'S what everybody in attendance would've wanted to see.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Some of you are laughable. Sarcasm much?
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Slightly off-topic...Matsui lies about marriage bet with Abreu and Jeter. RACK Godzirra for getting over with a pencil drawing...Napoleon Dynamite sends his regards. :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;