Screw_Michigan

what is your favorite bw3 wing sauce?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

1. spicy garlic
2. wild
3. hot bbq
Havana Sugar King
Jake

Re: what is your favorite bw3 wing sauce?

Post by Havana Sugar King »

Screw_Michigan wrote:1. spicy garlic
2. wild
3. hot bbq
Here in TN we have Buffalo Wild Wings which is BW-3. I would totally concur w that selection of sauces. I was there this past weekend and tried the mango habinero. Also excellent.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I only eat two sauces. I always order the same thing and get half spicy garlic and half hot bbq. I enjoy them equally.

I just can't stand Hooters wings and their breading. I like my wing like I like my "hooters." Naked.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

So you walk around with your hooters hanging out?

(What's BW-3, BTW? Is it a chain or sompin?)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain. Kind of a sports bar thing. They have all kind of "man food" that is fried, wings being their signature. I've heard B-Dubs and BW3's as short names for it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Went into one for the first time recently. Only because it was next to the light-rail stop.

Didn't eat any food. But I was pretty happy that they had Anchor Steam on tap, which a rarely see anymore.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ever since bw3 went to the more modernized look with it's been way improved. the old style table setup had four big screen projection tvs with all the tables either perpendicular or parallel to the tvs, which meant horrible viewing for many guests. now that the new places have a better setup with ROUND tables and more tvs, makes the place straight.

don't like going there on weekend nights but for games (and big games) there isn't a better place to be. and for the days when they have $2.25 22oz labatt blue drafts, uh, i just make sure i'm not driving.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Went into one for the first time recently. Only because it was next to the light-rail stop.

Didn't eat any food. But I was pretty happy that they had Anchor Steam on tap, which a rarely see anymore.
If you are eating 20 g or less of fat a day which I believe you have posted before, yeah, I can see why you didn't eat any food there. I think their water has like 3 g fat per pint.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The wings are the only thing on the menu really worth getting, in my opinion. I find the quality of wing to be a little poor (not very tender), but the sauces more than make up for it. The spicy garlic is definitely the way to go. That shit gets in your blood, and you start to crave it.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The wings are the only thing on the menu really worth getting, in my opinion. I find the quality of wing to be a little poor (not very tender), but the sauces more than make up for it. The spicy garlic is definitely the way to go. That shit gets in your blood, and you start to crave it.
no shit here: a day after i got some spicy garlic wings to go, my car still smelled like the sauce. fukk yeah!

the wings are over-fried, obviously they do this so there's no chance of food poisoning. sometimes it can be hit or miss. nothing sucks more than over fried wings, that's the beauty of doing them in your own oven and adding their sauce (or your sauce).
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:that's the beauty of doing them in your own oven and adding their sauce (or your sauce).
Making wings in the oven is equivalent to making a pizza in the microwave. Unless those wings were swimming in grease, you can serve them next to your tofu.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:
If you are eating 20 g or less of fat a day which I believe you have posted before, yeah, I can see why you didn't eat any food there.
The 20g or less hasn't been in æffect for quite some time. That was due to a specific health issue, which doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

I'm not a big fan of corporate bars, though.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Thanks. I'll update my :rts:

What is wrong with corporate bars? Dave & Busters is a corporate bar, but they have some damn good food. B-Dubs wings are the only thing I've had there besides the onion rings. Yeah, I like to find me a hole in the wall joint, but there's no shame in liking Applebees...not that I do. Truth be told, my favorite place here is called Headquarters. Food is greasy and yummy, beer is cold and mixed drinks are about $2/per and that is top shelf price, but I wouldn't knock all corp bars just because some suck and are like Hooters.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Maybe things are just different around here, I dunno.

But the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings to me (BTW-and white suburban family man who attempts to incorporate the term "dub" into anything will be laughed at heartily), isn't really all that close. It's near one of my buddy's house -- and right up the street, there's a sports bar that puts BWW to complete shame. Food is great, and cheap to boot. Better atmosphere than any corporate happy-fun-place I've ever encountered (cemented since the time we were watching a game, and an impromptu version of Girls Gone Wild broke out).

I've yet to see a corporate bar that competes with it's independent equivalent. But I live in the Land Of Bar On Every Corner, so maybe it's different here.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:Thanks. I'll update my :rts:

What is wrong with corporate bars? Dave & Busters is a corporate bar, but they have some damn good food. B-Dubs wings are the only thing I've had there besides the onion rings. Yeah, I like to find me a hole in the wall joint, but there's no shame in liking Applebees...not that I do. Truth be told, my favorite place here is called Headquarters. Food is greasy and yummy, beer is cold and mixed drinks are about $2/per and that is top shelf price, but I wouldn't knock all corp bars just because some suck and are like Hooters.
As someone (I can't remember who) said a while back in a similar thread, there's nothing wrong with a chain bar if you're traveling and don't know the city you're in very well. I'd rather hit a Bennigans or an Applebees for some grub and drink than play E. coli roulette at a hole in the wall I know nothing about. But when I'm in areas I know, I generally go to the locally owned establishments.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:But I live in the Land Of Bar On Every Corner, so maybe it's different here.
When did you move to Wisconsin?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Is "Dub" hip-hop-brutha-playa-ebonic-ish or something? Like how the WB channel went BET and referred to itself as "Dubba-Dubba-Dubba-Ya-Bee?" Curious white guy living in the sticks family man wants to know.

And BS, I'm all about eating at the local joints. Rachel Ray is a mousy cunt, but if I have gleaned anything from her it is that you ask locals even in a new area what is good to eat around there. You get the same place from different people a few times and you have a winner.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:As someone (I can't remember who) said a while back in a similar thread, there's nothing wrong with a chain bar if you're traveling and don't know the city you're in very well.
As someone who's done some travelling for work, often to backass towns that haven't seen a health inspector since Ronald Reagan was president, I fully agree.

IndyFrisco wrote:Is "Dub" hip-hop-brutha-playa-ebonic-ish or something?

"Dub" is ghetto slang for the number 20, more or less, and is usally used in reference to a $20 parcel of drugs.

And no, I'm not proud that I know such things.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:

"Dub" is ghetto slang for the number 20, more or less, and is usally used in reference to a $20 parcel of drugs.
I knew that.

sin

G-Dub

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I had no idea on the "dub" thing. Hence, your laughing I guess.

Isn't University of Washington referred to as U-Dub?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:But I live in the Land Of Bar On Every Corner, so maybe it's different here.
No comment?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Spicey Garlic on their naked tenders is the best they have to offer. I rarely order the traditional wings anymore because the naked tenders are so much better.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
No comment?[/quote]

A quick websearch reveals that... there's so many conflicting reports, any data should be considered unreliable.

But it would certainly appear that many places in Wisconsin can compete with the "bar on every corner" thing around here. Of course, those towns that are listed are full of midwesterners, and therefore don't count for much.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Actually if you look around it's pretty consistently cited that seven of the top eight or ten cities in America for taverns per capita are in Wisconsin. The only Oregon city I saw even mentioned was Portland. But I understand where you would suggest that any data that contradicts your point must be "unreliable." I did notice one citation that backed up your claim regarding titty bars.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, well, hodunk towns can seriously skew results, eh?

Put it this way -- from my house, the nearest bar is less than 100 yards (although it would require fence-hopping to get there in 100 yards). Next closest is a couple hundred more. Next closest are across the street from that. And I'm in the semi-burbs. The urban areas often sport more availability than that (although I live adjacent to a major business highway, so it makes access to such amenities pretty simple). Theuy did open up a new brewpub in fairly easy walking distance not too long ago.

And I think at present, there's over 100 tittybars open in the metro area. Little ones come and go, so it's hard to keep up with them all. Although it would be a long walk to any of them. I'd actually have to travel the 2-3 miles over the Portland border to get to one.... or the other one up the street from the nearest one. But tittybars ain't really my deal, anyway, so I don't really care.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

bw3s is for dudes whose gfs/wives won't let them go to Hooters. Their wings suck. They are always overcooked and they try to mask it with sauces. The more sauce flavors you have, the worse your chicken wings are.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

DTC,

Hows about some wings with Brent's BBQ Sauce?

Let me fast forward you to the result. GOOD SHIT.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

mvscal wrote:
Havana Sugar King wrote:Here in TN we have Buffalo Wild Wings which is BW-3.
'

Shouldn't it be BW-2? Do they also serve heaping portions of stupid?
Maybe someone else can add to it, but wasn't it originally called Buffalo Wild-West-Wings hence the BW-3s?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

it was buffalo wild wings and weck.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:it was buffalo wild wings and weck.
That was it. I didn't think to wiki it.

Speaking of...wiki begins with:
Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar (also commonly referred to as B-Dubs, BWW, or BW3's) is a sports bar and restaurant franchise in the United States that is best-known for its buffalo wings.
Guess I wasn't the only one who had heard it called B-Dubs before.

And I see why they trimmed the Weck. Wings and Weck sounds like Wings and Neck.

Save the neck for me!

Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:(also commonly referred to as B-Dubs)
Homo.

Sin,

MGoBlueBallSpecial
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

IndyFrisco wrote:DTC,

Hows about some wings with Brent's BBQ Sauce?

Let me fast forward you to the result. GOOD SHIT.

I dunked an Italian sub from Firehouse subs in the hot bbq sauce the other night.....AWESOME!
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

I love them. Great deal for what you get, too. I think that my fave sauce has to be Caribbean Jerk. Spicy, but not overpowering. You need a drink with it but it doesn't ruin your palate. I believe they have good waffle fries, too. Good as a complimentary dish.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Went there on Friday night. They were some of the worst, dryest wings I've ever had. That place is really hit or miss.
Sol
Crack Whore

Post by Sol »

Ditto Mgo. Wings good occasionally. Other times, not so much. Also there on Friday evening and the wings were all kinds of nasty. But the Boulevard Wheat with lemon drop shot chasers more than made up for it.

While there, noticed a large party of folks all celebrating a young girl's 21st birthday. As the night went on, they were all getting pretty trashed. So one of her friends, this HUGE marine, grabs the birthday girl, throws her over his shoulder, carries her to the end of the table, throws her over his lap, and spanked her 21 times with a big wooden paddle while all her friends shouted out the count. I was on the opposite side of the room and couldn't believe how loud it was every time he whacked her with that paddle, really hitting her hard too, her friends were all laughing hysterically and she really looked like she needed new friends to help her out of that predicament. Can only imagine just how bruised she was the next day. Poor kid.

Gotta agree with Dins on this one. Haven't found a corporate-owned watering hole that can compete with the atmosphere of an indy.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sol wrote:I was on the opposite side of the room and couldn't believe how loud it was every time he whacked her with that paddle, really hitting her hard too, her friends were all laughing hysterically and she really looked like she needed new friends to help her out of that predicament. Can only imagine just how bruised she was the next day. Poor kid.

So you sat idly by and watched?

How manly of you.
Gotta agree with Dins on this one. Haven't found a corporate-owned watering hole that can compete with the atmosphere of an indy.

Not even close. On a related note (and the subject has been mentioned here already), if I work out of town, I pretty much insist on eating and drinking at local indy establishments (and usually stay at a fleabag locally owned hotel). I'm usually in small towns, and Ma and Pa who own the local diner need my money a fuckload more than Crapplebee's or any other mega-corporate outfit. And if everyone else not only felt this way, but put their money where their mouth is, this country would be better off for it. I have no problem eating at a nice corporate joint, if that's where the bus is rolling, but given the choice, I'll give my money to my neighbors instead of the bean-counters of Wall Street, or the bean-herders who exploit immigrant labor.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Not even close. On a related note (and the subject has been mentioned here already), if I work out of town, I pretty much insist on eating and drinking at local indy establishments (and usually stay at a fleabag locally owned hotel). I'm usually in small towns, and Ma and Pa who own the local diner need my money a fuckload more than Crapplebee's or any other mega-corporate outfit. And if everyone else not only felt this way, but put their money where their mouth is, this country would be better off for it. I have no problem eating at a nice corporate joint, if that's where the bus is rolling, but given the choice, I'll give my money to my neighbors instead of the bean-counters of Wall Street, or the bean-herders who exploit immigrant labor.

Sort of the same reason I'll get up every Saturday morning and make the 15 mile drive to the farmer's market in Vista to make my weekly produce purchases. Besides the fact that the quality and freshness are head and shoulders above anything you can get from a corporate supermarket, it's important to support local agriculture so that the farms in North County don't all get turned into more McMansions.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: Sort of the same reason I'll get up every Saturday morning and make the 15 mile drive to the farmer's market in Vista to make my weekly produce purchases. Besides the fact that the quality and freshness are head and shoulders above anything you can get from a corporate supermarket, it's important to support local agriculture so that the farms in North County don't all get turned into more McMansions.

That'll even RACK.

Same dealio here, only different. 20-some years ago, the implimented a regional government for the Tri-Counties, and there's what's called an Urban Growth Boundary (yeah, we invented that in he U&L, too). There's residential land, and there's agricultural land. Sometimes directly across the sreet from each other, which makes one hell of a crazy contrast. Heck, my county of about 600,000 does well over a billion in agriculture a year, and a good chuck of the county is mountainous, and not suitable for any crops except timber (which is fucking huge here, obviously). While I generally hate nazi-style goverment telling you were you can live and whatsuch, they did have some excellent foresight. Over 20 years ago, they saw the writing on the wall, and realized that energy and transportation were bound to become progressively more expensive, and it would be very important down the road to keep the local ariculture viable.

And it has. With the ever-increasing transportation costs, maybe the local farmers will get more ambitious -- pretty much any temperate plant thrives here, but the irrigation becomes a problem. As a result, a lot of farmers stick to hazelnuts and/or grass seed, which doesn't need much water in the Dry Season. Makes it a boatload cheaper.

Dang -- talking about local agriculture is making me hungry for some Sauvie's Island sweet corn. Sauvie's is a big island formed at the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia, and is a freakishly-fertile ag area. Watever grows, grows twice as big and twice as tasty tere. Catch is, both farmer and consumer knows this, so Sauvie's produce usually goes for a pretty penny, and you often have to goo Sauvie's to get it... but it's not far (for me, anyway), and it's pretty spectacular there (sidenote -- read an article a few years back that claimed over one billion waterfoul stop atSauvies every year... which sounded pretty freaking far-fetched to me. But I've been out there when the sky has literally turned dark with canada geese. It's like the duck/goose hunting capital of the world...so they tell me, since I'm not a bird hunter. Excellent salmon/steelhead and sturgeon fishing available there, too... and sandy beaches that don't involve being directly on the ocean, so it gets hot instead of warm. Nude beaches, too.

Fuck -- you made me hungry. Oh well, atleast it's time for spring onions, which are grub (and of course, more grub at Sauvie's, where the onion smell is thick this time of year).
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:Sort of the same reason I'll get up every Saturday morning and make the 15 mile drive to the farmer's market in Vista to make my weekly produce purchases. Besides the fact that the quality and freshness are head and shoulders above anything you can get from a corporate supermarket, it's important to support local agriculture so that the farms in North County don't all get turned into more McMansions.
I do the same (most) every Saturday at the Farmer's Market in Irvine...not that I give any more of a fuck about local agriculture than I do about corporate supermarkets mind you.
Except that without local agriculture there's no more farmer's market...

My kid lives in the Mesa Court dorms at UCI, prolly 2 blocks from where the FM is held. Of course she always complains about the commons food and says that she can get better cheaper at Trader Joe's. She comes home and eats some navel oranges I got at the FM here and wants to take some back to school. Every time I see her I tell her that there's a FM right outside her door at UCI, prolly better than the one we have here.

She's never even checked it out. Can't seem to get up early enough on Saturday to make it over there.

:meds:

Typical college brat, I guess.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Excellent salmon/steelhead and sturgeon fishing available there, too...
Or not.
Fisheries managers have canceled the early season of ocean fishing for chinook salmon off Oregon and Northern California, and are considering whether to close most of the Pacific salmon fishery because of a collapse of stocks in California rivers.

The best that West Coast salmon fishermen can hope for is a "bare-bones" sport- and commercial-fishing season this year, but the outlook remains bleak, officials say.

Federal fisheries managers meeting this week in Sacramento canceled early-spring salmon fishing in the Pacific off Northern California and Oregon to protect salmon that remain alive in the ocean.

California commercial trollers traditionally can't start fishing until May 1, but sport charters have been allowed to fish out of Fort Bragg, Calif., since the middle of February.

They were shut down, along with Oregon commercial trollers set to begin fishing Saturday in a season authorized last year to run through April.

Some say the salmon declines can be attributed in part to unusual weather patterns.