Julio Jones

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Julio Jones

Post by Goober McTuber »

Headed for Alabama. I'm sure SEC Sam would have posted this as soon as he got done jacking off into his Crimson Tide tube sock.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: Julio Jones

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

damn...apparently flying to OU was too much for him to take... :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

He's fitting in already, what with the southern slackjawed, dumbass look on his face.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

it looks like his handlers just pointed out he put on the wrong hat.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Sucks cause he was a silent to Jimbo as of 3 days ago.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:Sucks cause he was a silent to Jimbo as of 3 days ago.
Cicero, don't believe everything you read on the noles boards...

I've heard he told the OU staff he was going to Bama on his visit to Norman, confirmed it later in the week to the staff and it is why Stoops let the schollie we were holding for his friend be committed to another player.

From what I understand Florida and Florida State weren't even in the running as of three weeks ago and he didn't care much for the recruiting tactics of either of the Florida schools.

ESPNU and multiple radio shows said that it was Bama or OU. The only person claiming that occurred with Jimbo was some Tom L. something or other that is a Crimnole writer with delusions of graduer (the delusions of granduer is per one of your own noles at a poker game I went to last night).
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Cicero wrote:Sucks cause he was a silent to Jimbo as of 3 days ago.
Cicero, don't believe everything you read on the noles boards...

I've heard he told the OU staff he was going to Bama on his visit to Norman, confirmed it later in the week to the staff and it is why Stoops let the schollie we were holding for his friend be committed to another player.

From what I understand Florida and Florida State weren't even in the running as of three weeks ago and he didn't care much for the recruiting tactics of either of the Florida schools.

ESPNU and multiple radio shows said that it was Bama or OU. The only person claiming that occurred with Jimbo was some Tom L. something or other that is a Crimnole writer with delusions of graduer (the delusions of granduer is per one of your own noles at a poker game I went to last night).
Not sure about a silent, but up until this week, Julio was favoring the Noles.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I'm very curious how anyone has decided he was an FSU lean or an FSU commit at any point in this process. It's not like he was talking to anyone.

Heard him on the radio a number of times and Florida State was hardly even given a thought in his responses. Florida was even blown off for the most part. Talked pretty well centered on OU and Bama.

I find it highly unlikely based on the words from his own mouth and virtually every major recruiting service that he was ever even a real possibility for FSU in the last couple of months.

Not saying that to piss Cicero off, though it may be an added bonus ;) . A Nole homer wrote an artricle shortly before signing day and got their fanbase riled up for something that was not going to happen under any circumstances is what it looks like to me.

Anyone who has read OUInsider, Bucknuts, or The Swamp kows that can happen anywhere the fans are passionate... It just happened to the Noles this time around.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

I completely understand where you are coming from, however your discounting of us is incorrect. I have closely followed FSU recruiting for many years, not just since the inception of when it became popular. I'm hardly an insider, but over the last ten years I have figured out who you can trust and who you cannot among the FSU faithful.

Don't get me wrong, the homers were going crazy over Julio, however the non-homers were getting the same vibe.

People very close the the Seminole coaches were saying that Julio was leaning to Florida State, and the coaches felt that he was coming there.

The confusion starts with the recruiting services, ESPN...etc... They are the ones that print news to get ratings and people reading their sites. Years ago, FSU wasn't on Lorenzo Bookers radar, nor were they even close to getting Antone Smith. I don't kow what Cicero was going off of, nor do I know what connections you have to OU. I only know what I know.

Regardless, it doesn't mean shit now and OU and FSU both got fantastic classes this year. Congrats to the Sooners.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Agree w/ TheChief.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

what happens to the 7 kids that dont get scholarships?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:what happens to the 7 kids that dont get scholarships?
Maybe some ex-con in LA can provide 'em with a home and some cash.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Rack it.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Waz
Elwood

Post by Waz »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He's fitting in already, what with the southern slackjawed, dumbass look on his face.
Nice.

:waz: