Holy crap, does Maryland suck ass

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Holy crap, does Maryland suck ass

Post by KUTTER »

I hope they don't get selected for the big tourney. Missing it completely will hurt less than losing the 6/11 game to Gonzaga. Gary has lost this team, and I can't wait for Gilchrist, Garrison, and Medley to leave. I'm not even pissed that they lost to Va Tech today. Screw this bunch of underachieving losers. I hope Gary turns down the inevitable NIT bid to show Gilchrist who runs the team.

I hate this team right now. Actual physical hatred. Medley can't go to his right and never met a bad shot he didn't like. Gilchrist drives to the corners and doesn't get back on defense, hence many fast break layups for the opposition. Garrison is an outside shooter in a soft 6'10" body. Will Bowers on the inside? Please.

Mike Jones and James Gist are the only talent on the team. I hate the rest of the team. Fucking jerks.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Outside of North Carolina, Wake Forest and Duke...the rest of the ACC has been a crap shoot. No team outside the top three has distinguished themselves as someone that can make a big run in the Big Dance because they lack consistency. I don't think any of the other ACC teams make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Shoalzie wrote:Outside of North Carolina, Wake Forest and Duke...the rest of the ACC has been a crap shoot. No team outside the top three has distinguished themselves as someone that can make a big run in the Big Dance because they lack consistency. I don't think any of the other ACC teams make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

Well said. Maryland beat Duke twice, but lost to NC State (twice), Clemson (twice), Miami and Va Tech (once each). And 3 of those bad losses were by 15 or more points. They suck and don't deserve to play in the big one.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

KUTTER wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Outside of North Carolina, Wake Forest and Duke...the rest of the ACC has been a crap shoot. No team outside the top three has distinguished themselves as someone that can make a big run in the Big Dance because they lack consistency. I don't think any of the other ACC teams make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

Well said. Maryland beat Duke twice, but lost to NC State (twice), Clemson (twice), Miami and Va Tech (once each). And 3 of those bad losses were by 15 or more points. They suck and don't deserve to play in the big one.
I think some of that is Dook being a bit overhyped. Once you're past Williams, Ewing and JJ, they drop off IMMENSELY! Christ, UNC beat them without their best backcourt guy MaCants!

UNC and Wake are really the ONLY two from the ACC that have legit shots at St. Louis. Soon a sDook hits any team who can guard the GUARDS, and just survive down low vs. Wiliams, they're toast. But; as in EVERY tourney, they'll get two patsies their first two matchups. I can guarentee it. This is BIG Business, this TV stuff, and Dook has GOT to be a part of TWO weekends of ratings, not one. I've seen it too many times.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Nice cut and paste post from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002....etc.....

Uh, here's how the NCAA Tournament works. The Number 1 seed plays Number 16. Number 1's are usually pretty good....Number 16's are usually pretty lame. Now, the 15 seed plays the 2 seed in each bracket also, with 2 not being quite as good as a 1 and 15 not quite as bad as a 16. It keeps going like this with 3 playing 14, 4 against 13, and so on. It stands to reason that Duke, OR ANY OTHER 1 OR 2 SEED, would play teams that really aren't that good in the first two rounds. This is actually pretty simple and most, if not all, tournaments are run this way.

Hate having to dumb that down but the committee simply will not match Duke, likely a 2 or 3 seed, against a 5 or 4 in the first round, just because you hate them and feel they should break procedure. Sorry, but that's not the way seeded tournaments work. Let's just see who the other #2's and #3's get. My guess, it'll be pretty similar.

And all those 1 and 2 seeds they've gotten over the past couple decades have been well deserved. Routinely winning or finishing top 2 in the ACC is no small feat. And this year, there's no way I thought they'd do as well as they did. No, they aren't deep but they've won a lot of games despite this. Definetely not a 1 but a solid 2 or 3, at worst. Try to get over the hate....it's just basketball.
Last edited by Mustang on Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Now's the time to buy ACC tourney tickets.

What happened to DC_Clone, Pre-Done, and the rest of the New Jersey Jew Goon Squad?
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

...was wondering same. Notice the board's been a bit more pleasant this year without them? Pretty good correlation working here. Only MSU's conspiracies/paranoia/neuroses to deal with......
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

How funny is it that Gary finally gets the ACC tourney up in DC, and they lose in the first round?

Back to Greensboro!
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I won't get out the gay little brooms, dance around like a banshee, and set stuff on fire, but I gotta' smile a little at the mighty Tigers' sweep of the Twerps this season. Hey, Maryland can get up for Duke (like everyone else) but someone needs to remind them there are 9 other teams in the conference they may want to worry about. Maybe they'll make the NIT.