Playoff Fantasy Football Update & Smack thingy

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

KC Scott

Playoff Fantasy Football Update & Smack thingy

Post by KC Scott »

I'm not going to have time to run it this year, and I don't think UCan't does either.

I found a free hosted game for anyone that's interested in playing:

http://free2challenge.6.football.nfl.co ... ddies/list

The Group name is: T1B Playoff FFL

Don't know if anyone wants to throw $10 ea. into a pool for the winner - like we have last few years, or if we just do it for fun?

Q / Felix: One of you guys sticky this

If you want to Play send me a PM or post an e-mail so an invitation can be sent, Evidently the NFL doesn't let you just sign up and then find the group you want to join
Last edited by KC Scott on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
KC Scott

Re: Playoff Fantasy Football Sign Up

Post by KC Scott »

38 views and no sign ups?

guess we can bury yet another in the long line of NFL fourm traditions
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I've spent the past hour trying to sign in.... :oops: I guess I'm in all by myself!
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

You have?

I'm looking at the "group" and it just shows moi.

Maybe I have to send out e-mails to invite????
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I can't get into any group either, although I can set one up. Scotty, I think you have to invite. I will PM you my email addy.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:
yeah, I think so Scott.....
get out, get out while there's still time
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Felix wrote:
KC Scott wrote:
yeah, I think so Scott.....

I have to send invites - And a group have been sent to some former and current Jackasses I still have addys for

C-Mike and UCant are both in

Drop me a PM or put your e-mail in this thread and I'll get an invite out ASAP
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Got the e-mail. I'll try signing up later today.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

In so far:

Drunken Trolls - KCScott
Enigmas - Felix
Tradebait - Charger Mike
Ucant -
cueball

Confirmed but Waiting on:
Joe in PB
War Wagon
Godzilla

Guys - do we want to all toss in $10 for winner take all? I'll vote yes, but will play either way
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: Guys - do we want to all toss in $10 for winner take all?
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: Guys - do we want to all toss in $10 for winner take all? I'll vote yes, but will play either way
Fine by me, but what usually happens is that whoever wins tells everybody to go buy a 12'er of natti lite with the cash.

Can we just play with imaginary money and save the pretense?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

I'll get in after work today...."Damn Smart Filter"

I vote yes on $10
How hard is it to send an envelope with a 10 spot in it? Plus it would be kinda cool for the winner, how often do you go to your mailbox expecting to find anything good?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just heard from Felix via PM - he's also good for the $10
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

godzilla2002 wrote: Plus it would be kinda cool for the winner, how often do you go to your mailbox expecting to find anything good?
Ok, though I never win these things, 'zilla talked me into it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dog's Dogs are in - waiting to see if he's in for the $10 pool as well
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Questions in chat last night about the rules:
Weekly Lineup

Setting Your Lineup
There are four (4) NFL playoff rounds: Wildcard, Divisional, Conference and Super Bowl. Prior to each of the first two rounds of the NFL playoffs (the Wild Card and Divisional Playoff rounds), you will choose a starting lineup of eight (8) NFL players. You will have 300 units to "spend" assembling your team. Prior to the Conference Championship round, you will only be allowed to change 4 players from the previous week's lineup, with the other 4 players carrying over. You will be allowed to change only 2 players prior to the Super Bowl, with 6 players carrying over from the previous week. Your challenge is to select players who will advance deep into the playoffs.

Prior to the Wild Card round, the pool of available NFL players will be selected and each will be assigned a value (in "units") by the Administrator. Players' values will not change throughout the playoffs.

Lineup Setting Deadline
The Contest will run for the duration of the NFL playoffs. The deadline for setting your lineup each week is approximately one hour before the scheduled start of the first NFL game that week. This season's NFL playoff schedule is listed below.

NFL Playoff Schedule
Round Dates
Wildcard January 5-6, 2008
Divisional Playoffs January 12-13, 2008
Conference Championships January 20, 2008
Superbowl February 3, 2008

The first day you can set a lineup is January 1, 2008. Your team will only earn points starting with the week you sign up. Rosters will lock each week about 1 hour prior to the week.s first kickoff. No retroactive points will be awarded.

Roster Requirements
The chart below lists roster requirements for each team. You must select the required number of players at each position (listed below) from the available player pool. You can "spend" a maximum of 300 units to select your roster of players for your team, and you will not be allowed to exceed that amount when setting your team each week. You also will not be allowed to set a lineup that does not meet the roster requirements. Once the lineup setting deadline passes, all lineup changes made after the deadline will take effect for the following week's games.

Roster Requirements
Position # of Players
Quarterback (QB) 1
Running Back (RB) 2
Wide Receiver (WR) 2
Tight End (TE) 1
Kicker (K) 1
Defensive Team (DT)/
Special Teams 1
All Positions 8

Note: For players who play more than one position, Administrator will determine their position eligibility. If a player is listed at one position but then plays another for the week (e.g. a running back plays wide receiver) his statistics at the new position will count for your team. If any of your selected players is injured after the lineup setting deadline, or for any reason is not available to play, you will not be able to change them.

Scoring

Point Values
Each week your team will compete against all other participants. A team will accumulate points based on the statistics accumulated by the players on the team. The chart below lists the point values.

Offensive Statistic QB, WR, RB, TE, K
Touchdown (Passing, Rushing or Receiving) 6 points
Passing Yards 1 point for every 25 yards
Rushing Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
2 point conversion 2 points
Interception -2 points
Fumble Lost -2 points
Field Goal 0-49 yards = 3 points
50+ yards = 5 points
Extra Point 1 point

Defensive Statistic Defensive Team/Special Teams
Touchdown 6 points
Safety 2 points
Interception 2 point
Fumble Recovery 2 points
Sack 1 points
Points Allowed 0-6 = 8 points
7-13 = 6 points
14-20 = 4 points
21-27 = 2 points
28+ = 0 points
Yards Allowed 0-49 = 12 points
50-99 = 10 points
100-149 = 8 points
150-199 = 6 points
200-249 = 4 points
250-299 = 2 points
300+ = 0 points

*** NOTES ***
Offensive Scoring (QB, RB, WR, TE) Scoring will be calculated according to the following example: If a QB throws for 200 yards, 2 TDs - rushes for 20 yards, 1 TD - and has 25 yards receiving, his point total for the week would be: 3 TDs = 18 points, 200yds Passing = 8 points, 20yds Rushing = 2 points, 25yds receiving = 2 points; or 30 total points for the week. Please note that, if you have an active QB and an active WR who play for the same NFL team, and your QB throws a touchdown pass to your WR, then you are credited with two touchdowns on the play and you receive 6 points for each touchdown (12 points total). Also, it should be noted that players on your active roster at an offensive position cannot receive individual offensive points for your team when they are on special teams.

Defensive / Special Team scores (TDs, Fumble Recoveries, INTs, Safeties or Sacks) Your defense is awarded points when any one of its members generates either a TD, INT, fumble recovery, safety or sack. Your defense also is awarded points for a kickoff or punt return that results in a TD. For instance, if your active defense is the Saints, and Reggie Bush returns a punt for a TD, your defense (the Saints) gets 6 points. But in that same situation, a team using Bush as an active RB would NOT be awarded 6 points for the touchdown.

Fumbles Lost by an active player on your roster playing offense, special teams or defense will lose 2 points if they turn the ball over to the opposing team at any time during the game. For instance, if you have Reggie Bush active at RB and he fumbles the ball away at any time while he is on the field your team will lose 2 points. This includes a fumble lost while returning a kick, interception or obviously while on offense at RB.
Defensive Points Allowed will take into account ALL the points allowed by the team as a whole. Be aware this includes points scored against the offense (TD from an interception, safeties, etc.) and special teams (punt return for a TD) as well as those scored against the defense.
Defensive Touchdowns are any touchdowns scored by the defensive team. This includes fumble returns and interception returns.
Special Teams Touchdowns are touchdowns scored by punt returns, kickoff returns or returns of a blocked Field Goal kick or punt.
To calculate the Total Yards Allowed, simply add the other team's Total Rushing and Total Passing Yards gained.
Rounding will NOT be used when calculating points from statistics. For example 49 yards rushing will result in 4 points.
In the event that a scheduled game is canceled or preempted for any reason, no points will be awarded for that week for players on the affected NFL teams.

Also as an FYI - if one of us manages to really blow it out:

Prizes

Grand Prize
The eligible participant who accumulates the most fantasy points during the 2007 NFL Playoffs will win a Grand Prize package for 2009 Super Bowl XLIII (the "Grand Prize Winner"). The Grand Prize package for 2009 Super Bowl XLIII includes: Round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) (for winner and one (1) travel companion) (airport, carrier and itinerary to be determined by the NFL Entities) to Tampa Bay, Florida; Ground Transportation to and from a Florida airport to hotel; four (4) nights accommodation in one (1) double-occupancy standard room in a Florida hotel; and two (2) game tickets to Super Bowl XLIII (the "Grand Prize"). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Five Thousand dollars ($5,000.00). All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guest, including, but not limited to: tax on the prize, ground transportation; meals; airport taxes; telephone, fax or cable charges; personal services and expenses such as laundry, valet, room service; gratuities; optional tours; insurance; medical travel documents; and other incidental costs. The prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must travel on the trip dates specified by the NFL. Due to the nature of the prize, no alternative travel dates are available.

Actual value of trip(s) may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. Certain travel restrictions may apply. If the winner resides within a 100 mile radius of host city, ground transportation to and from the hotel may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. The Grand Prize Winner's guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless traveling with a parent or guardian. If guest of any winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who must be the winner).

Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Travel arrangements must be made through the NFL. The NFL reserves the right to select airline and accommodations in its sole discretion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the NFL. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted by the Grand Prize Winner will be forfeited.

Should the game portion or experience portion of any prize be canceled, postponed or in any way abbreviated, the NFL shall have no liability or further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner other than to supply the trip as described, minus the game tickets. Seat locations will be determined by the NFL. The NFL, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event the game is not played due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. The NFL will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any loss of Grand Prize after it has been delivered. No responsibility is assumed by Contest Entities for any cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed game in whole or in part. If unused, game tickets cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets.

Tie Breakers
Ties will be broken by comparing tied participants' weekly performances beginning with the last week of play and going backwards until the tie is broken. The contestant with the higher score in an individual week will be declared the winner. In the event that there is still a tie after all weekly performances are examined, total points throughout the playoffs, by position, will be used to break the tie. Total points will be examined, by position, in the following order: Quarterback, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, Tight End, Kicker, Defensive Team. In the event that there is still a tie after comparing total points throughout the playoffs, the winner will be determined by random drawing
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I got side tracked, but I'll sign up today, and I'm in for the $10.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

In and in for the $, dont have time to read up the rules or sign up but will have it done tonight or tommorrow.
Go Bucs, Gators
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

$$ in

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Joe in PB's Cro Mags are in
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Another degenerate in for $10
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

I thought I already posted, but maybe I'm confused....yep, debinitly I'm confused. Anywhoo, I'm in. I'll try to sneak $10 but the ol lady's purse. If that don't work, I'll sell something of hers on ebay and paypal the money to the winner.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

OK - looks like we're all in:

Bucmonkey
Cro-Magnon Men - Joe in PB
Dog's Dogs - Dog
Drunken Trolls - KCScott
Enigmas - Felix
Tradebait - ChargerMike
Ucant
Cueball
wags also rans - WarWagon
zilla - Godzilla2002

And looks like we're all in for the $10 - so a $100 for the pot and a possible trip to the Super Bowl :meds:

Good Luck All
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Maybe a few more people joining. I sent teh link to two people who are members here but don't post here regularly....but I know them from other boards.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Dog wrote:Maybe a few more people joining. I sent teh link to two people who are members here but don't post here regularly....but I know them from other boards.

...the more the merrier Dog. I won this sucker last year and I'm pretty sure I'll roll you suckers once again..bwaha :bode:

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dog wrote:Maybe a few more people joining. I sent teh link to two people who are members here but don't post here regularly....but I know them from other boards.

Dog - I'm about 99.7% sure I have to invite them to the group.
If they want in PM me their e-mails and I'll send them out
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

KC Scott wrote:

Dog - I'm about 99.7% sure I have to invite them to the group.
If they want in PM me their e-mails and I'll send them out
Give me some credit here. I just forwarded your invite email to them.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Dog wrote: Give me some credit here. I just forwarded your invite email to them.
What is this "forwarded" thing of which you speak?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Each player in the league can forward invites too.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just checked the final line up for our group - one of the guys from my FFL joined (Joe Mo - and yea, I'm giving him shit for sounding a lot like Homo), he's not participating in the $10 thingy, just in for the embarassment of me kicking his ass yet again
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Well the Drunken Trolls are off to their usual fast start - The Sqwaks score 35 and Hasselbackup tosses a measly 229 & 1 TD.
Gee... Todd Collins anyone? 266 & 2 TDs there
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Re: Playoff Fantasy Football Update & Smack thingy

Post by Cueball »

Nope, had Jones-Drew and Santanio Homeboy
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Since the rosters are locked down and stuff - I'll share:

M. Hasselbeck QB SEA 35 v WAS 14 (F)
229 PaYd, PaTD (20), 2 PaInt, Pa2P, RuYd 13
E. Graham RB TB v NYG 1/6 1:00
L. White RB TEN @ SD 1/6 4:30
P. Burress WR NYG @ TB 1/6 1:00
H. Ward WR PIT 29 v JAC 31 (F)
135 ReYd 13
A. Gates TE SD v TEN 1/6 4:30
J. Scobee K JAC 31 @ PIT 29 (F)
FG (25), 4 XP 7
D. Chargers DST SD v TEN 1/6 4:30
Total 33
-----------------------------------------------------

My strategy was to pick guys I thought would score a lot of points :paul:

This strategy has not worked well so far
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Actives Game Stats Total
P. Rivers QB SD v TEN 1/6 4:30
M. Jones-Drew RB JAC 31 @ PIT 29 (F)
29 RuYd, RuTD (10), 43 ReYd, ReTD (43) 18
L. Tomlinson RB SD v TEN 1/6 4:30
J. Galloway WR TB v NYG 1/6 1:00
S. Holmes WR PIT 29 v JAC 31 (F)
49 ReYd, ReTD (37) 10
A. Gates TE SD v TEN 1/6 4:30
J. Scobee K JAC 31 @ PIT 29 (F)
FG (25), 4 XP 7
D. Buccaneers DST TB v NYG 1/6 1:00
Total 35
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

D. Garrard 12
M. Jones-Drew 18
C.Portis 7
H. Ward 13
Jax D 20

Total = 70
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

T. Collins QB WAS 14 @ SEA 35 (F)
266 PaYd, 2 PaTD (7,30), 2 PaInt, 2 RuYd 18
B. Jacobs RB NYG 24 @ TB 14 (F)
34 RuYd, RuTD (8), 16 ReYd, ReTD (5) 16
L. Tomlinson RB SD 17 v TEN 6 (F)
42 RuYd, RuTD (1), 19 ReYd 11
B. Engram WR SEA 35 v WAS 14 (F)
57 ReYd 5
H. Ward WR PIT 29 v JAC 31 (F)
135 ReYd 13
A. Gates TE SD 17 v TEN 6 (F)
15 ReYd 1
S. Suisham K WAS 14 @ SEA 35 (F)
2 XP 2
D. Chargers DST SD 17 v TEN 6 (F)
6 PA, 248 YDS, Int, DFR, 3 SACK 19
Total

Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

B. Roethlisberger QB 18
B. Jacobs RB 16
L. Tomlinson RB 11
P. Burress WR 3
H. Ward WR 13
A. Smith TE 8
J. Scobee K 7
D. Giants DST 13
Total 89

Not too bad for the Jackass rookie!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"Not too bad for the Jackass rookie!"

...not bad at all Dog.

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Here's how week 1 played out:

Week: Wildcard
T1B Playoff FFL Weekly Standings

1 Cro-Magnon Men
QB Roethlisberger 18
RB Tomlinson 11
RB Davenport 16
WR Ward 13
WR Hackett 16