nhl network rules

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Screw_Michigan

nhl network rules

Post by Screw_Michigan »

just found out a few weeks ago there's an nhl network. because the league's marketing is notoriously atrocious, i'm not surprised it's been out for almost two months. of course, i don't have it. and i'm not paying for it.

but i did happened to catch it during lunch at a bw3 the other day and they were broadcasting "classic series." i believe they just shrink down a complete playoff series into the best and most important moments. all the goals, the big saves, the big hits, and it was awesome. they were showing the 92 eastern conference final between the islanders and the penguins. too many old school names to list obviously.

i could watch repeats of early 90s games forever. i believe the gameplay of the pro game was at it's peak during that time. the players were so much more fluid and games seemed wide open but still very physical. i really need to get a copy of my 94 rangers stanley cup video on dvd so i can watch it again, i used to watch it pretty frequently, and i hate the rangers. the hockey during that season was just amazing.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: nhl network rules

Post by MuchoBulls »

Screw_Michigan wrote:i really need to get a copy of my 94 rangers stanley cup video on dvd so i can watch it again, i used to watch it pretty frequently, and i hate the rangers. the hockey during that season was just amazing.
You can buy the 15 disc set for $100 and that includes every game of the Eastern Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I wish the NHL Network came with Center Ice...it's just now on cable in the States starting this year. I think they've had it in Canada for a year or two. If they offered on my cable system (Comcast), I'd buy it.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:I wish the NHL Network came with Center Ice
I think (hope) that will come in due time.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Amazing watching games from the 80s, lots of speed, and goalies with smaller equipment. They had St. Louis/Toronto game 6 from 1987 on last night. Maple Leaf Gardens, all organ music, good back and forth matchup. Only thing that would have made it better was showing the Coach's Corner from that night.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

I have it and it is awesome . The goalie equipment is so much smaller . Sean Burke's pads that look like a couple of phone books around legs .

again the the NHL has to make the equipment even smaller .....