The Official Bash tOSU thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

The Official Bash tOSU thread

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I am sick of having to page through multiple threads where the topic veers off course to how bad tOSU sucks...

please post here will make it much more efficient...

Bash

Schedule
Conference
Speed
Talent
How the voters have no fucking clue
How tOSU would get run by everyone in the top 10

and others if you wish...

TIA...
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Not until Nov.18th for me. :wink:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

I'll start. Ohio State is so freakin' lucky they don't have to play my (insert your team name here) because we'd whip the shit out of ya"ll...

sincerily,
any SEC team with less that 5 loses...
Oregon (we shoulda beat Cal)
Oklahomo (we shoulda beat Colorado)
LSU (we shoulda beat Auburn)
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Okay Boise ST and Utah....

YOU DON'T PLAY ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defend that......come up with somethign besides "we're undefeated"

How many team would go undefeated with your shit schedule......honestly.....let's reverse it.....
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

T REX wrote:Okay Boise ST and Utah....

YOU DON'T PLAY ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defend that......come up with somethign besides "we're undefeated"

How many team would go undefeated with your shit schedule......honestly.....let's reverse it.....

dude you ok????????

It seems as thought your MELTING..............................................
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Average Rank?

They played a top 15 team at least.

You played a I-AA team?

Are you really comparing OOC schedules?

This is called melting.....OSU fan cannot handle the truth is....they really might not be deserving. I'd be pissed too.....don't schedule I-AA teams.

I recall Auburn getting burned.....it can happen....

BlindRef
Fuck State

Re: The Official Bash tOSU thread

Post by BlindRef »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I am sick of having to page through multiple threads where the topic veers off course to how bad tOSU sucks...

please post here will make it much more efficient...

Bash

Schedule
Conference
Speed
Talent
How the voters have no fucking clue
How tOSU would get run by everyone in the top 10

and others if you wish...

TIA...
Your school's academics blow and your women are ugly.

That's all.
Those who stay will be champions.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Snake wrote:I'll start. Ohio State is so freakin' lucky they don't have to play my (insert your team name here) because we'd whip the shit out of ya"ll...

sincerily,
Why don't you dig through the threads and find where one Sooner has this gripe? I will save you time, it is not here "T1B".

Colorado beat OU, they deserved to win. I have not seen one Sooner here "T1B" bash Ohio St for being #1 and undefeated. Prove me wrong and I will digress.

Why can't you enjoy the limelight of #1?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^^

we are trying to enjoy the top ranking...and frankly I am as a buckeye alum and fan...I get questioned all the time and I simply say tOSU has beaten everyone who they were supposed to...plain and simple...

I also forgot to add...tOSU's talent sucks..Beanie Wells wouldn't start for Bama or UF and Laurenitis would be on the scout team in the SEC...oh and that Brian Robiskie guy wouldn't even crack Oregon's 2 deep...
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Buckeye, you have been there before and got over on Miami, I would not worry about it, just look at Ohio St on the top and fly this :hfal: until you win it all or lose.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I think it's funny how anti-playoff guy thinks these pissing matches...err...controversy will end with a playoff.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

OUMO wrote:
Snake wrote:I'll start. Ohio State is so freakin' lucky they don't have to play my (insert your team name here) because we'd whip the shit out of ya"ll...

sincerily,
Why don't you dig through the threads and find where one Sooner has this gripe? I will save you time, it is not here "T1B".

Colorado beat OU, they deserved to win. I have not seen one Sooner here "T1B" bash Ohio St for being #1 and undefeated. Prove me wrong and I will digress.

i bashed OSU some yesterday. i admit it. mostly because the OOC was all games in the state of Ohio (outside 3-6 UW) and they haven't played any top 10 teams. i guess playing Tulsa is the same.

and the only ranked teams like PSU and Purdue scuffling on the edge of the polls, one of them are gonna drop out.

i also said (and still think) that OU is not the best team in the country.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I know your posting well enough, it was probably well thought out and not something like "why don't you come and play in Big 12, we have to play so and so you pussies"

tOSU has taken care of buisness and if they make it to the championship and win or get blown out so be it.. even if the nay sayers are right and tOSU gets blown out they have earned the right to be there. I am sure there are many teams and fans that wish to be in that very situation.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Here is all the "bashing" I'll do toward Ohio State. If you think they deserve the #1 spot then there is NO WAY AT ALL you can justify not having Kansas ranked #2. The only claim tO$U has to the 1 spot is the 0 in the loss column and Kansas has that claim as well.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

OUMO wrote:

sincerily,

King stepped up.................As for chillin' and enjoying the trip, OH HELL YEA, I'm lovin' all the hate...........I'll even go a little further and say for the next 3 to 5 years the haters will double because Ohio State will be in the BCS hunt. This team will have 18 to 20 starters coming back next year and the recruits from 07 and 08 are top notch (quality kids that understand coaching). I just going to sit back and enjoy the ride............

just win baby, just win.....................................
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

OUMO wrote: they have earned the right to be there. I am sure there are many teams and fans that wish to be in that very situation.
How so?

Just not losing....that's the criteria?

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

How close has Ohio State come to losing a game so far this season?

The closest game they've played was the Michigan State game (24-17) and they had a 24-0 lead in that one. They've yet to allow more than 17 points in a game and they've outscored the opposition 349-97 in their 10 wins...roughly an average score of 35-10 these games. They've done it with a dominating defense and a balanced offense (1999 rushing yards and 2151 passing yards). I think this is a more complete team than last year. This isn't like BC pulling games out of their ass...the Buckeyes are taking care of business. Bash the Big Ten all you want but this team is laying waste to their opposition and the Big Ten has 6 teams with a 7-3 record or better. It is possible that the best team can come from a conference not named the SEC.

Take a look at LSU in the last three game...lost to Kentucky and had to win in the final minute against Auburn and Alabama. This hasn't looked like the title contender they once were earlier in the season but they have 3 winnable games to close out the regular season and appear to have matchup with either Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC championship. It's not be pretty but this is a team capable of finishing the pre-bowl season at 12-1 and surviving the SEC with just one loss is quite impressive.

I have no beef with Oregon...they blew away a previously unbeaten ASU team and is the driver's seat for the conference title and a possible title game berth if OSU or LSU get tripped up. I'd actually put Oregon ahead of LSU right now simply because they haven't had the close calls the Tigers have plus the non-conference win over Michigan gives Oregon arguably the best non-conference win of any of the contenders this year. To me, the title game matchup should be Ohio State-Oregon if the season ended today.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Did you just go style points?

So OSU is beating up less than average competition.

What's your point?

OSU hasn't played anyone in the top 20 yet you want to put them into teh title game?

On what grounds?

Again......give me somethign besides they beat who they played.....

That's the same argument that Utah and Boise made....to no avail....
Last edited by T REX on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

they haven't played anyone in the top 20..oh that's right we can't claim rankings when played...

so take away a couple of ranked teams off of LSU's win total...South Carolina, etc...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:they haven't played anyone in the top 20..oh that's right we can't claim rankings when played...

so take away a couple of ranked teams off of LSU's win total...South Carolina, etc...
Dude......
AP top 25

1. Ohio State (60) 10-0 1,616
2. LSU (5) 8-1 1,523
3. Oregon 8-1 1,517
4. Oklahoma 8-1 1,421
5. Kansas 9-0 1,329
6. West Virginia 7-1 1,327
7. Missouri 8-1 1,260
8. Boston College 8-1 1,051
9. Arizona State 8-1 1,042
10. Georgia 7-2 1,021 Most likely their SEC East opponent
11. Virginia Tech 7-2 923
12. USC 7-2 817
13. Michigan 8-2 783
14. Hawaii 8-0 776
15. Texas 8-2 735
16. Connecticut 8-1 665
17. Florida 6-3 623
18. Auburn 7-3 611
19. Boise State 8-1 372
20. Clemson 7-2 340
21. Alabama 6-3 335
22. Tennessee 6-3 245
23. Virginia 8-2 212
24. California 6-3 127
25. Kentucky 6-3 127

Now show me OSU's.......

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Let me ask all in here......

change the name on OSU's schedule....Kent, I-AA team, Akron, etc....put Boise's name or Utah or BYU's name on that resume.......are they number one?

Who in here would still vote Boise number one after paying that shit schedule?

Also....please point out to me any teams in the top 25 that OSU has played?

Thanks.

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Compared to everyone else I figure they deserve that ranking and should not have toabswer to anyone until they are beat. Gotta toss the SOS arguement out the window because pretty much everyone else is guilty for a cupcake here and there.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

campinfool wrote:Compared to everyone else I figure they deserve that ranking and should not have toabswer to anyone until they are beat. Gotta toss the SOS arguement out the window because pretty much everyone else is guilty for a cupcake here and there.
Cupcake?

Please point out any team in the top 25 they have played?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Boise St and Utah play in minor league conferences. I don't see the comparison between them and Ohio St.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Hmmm...can you explain all the 3 loss SEC teams that are still hangning on like Bama and Kentucky?

tOSU played Purdue, PSU, and Sconsin when they were all ranked when they played tOSU...all between 19-23...as soon as they played tOSU they lost and BAM they drop out...

Bama loses to LSU at home when they were beating them and magically only drops 3 spots...PSU loses at home to tOSU was ranked 21 but drops out...so they have played ranked teams just not currently ranked teams...but they have beaten 2 teams that owned SEC teams in their bowls this year (you know since you like quoting 1/8/07 so much)...

fine...again tOSU can't control their conference schedule...
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

T REX wrote:Did you just go style points?

What's your point?

OSU hasn't played anyone in the top 20 yet you want to put them into teh title game?

On what grounds?

my friend your just pissing into the wind.................and now you're all wet...........................
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Apparently if you're #25 it's a credible win. But if you're #28, it means nothing. The same people who argue polls are beauty contests, rely on them passionately to make their points.

On with the playoff, please.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:Did you just go style points?

What's your point?

On what grounds?

Calling out the schedule is no better than me talking about margin of victory. But if you want to go there, Ohio State has 4 wins over teams that have 7 wins...LSU has two.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

This will be settled on the field......karma is coming....

You may not like me but I have called stuff like this for years.....many of you know....

So we'll see......calling it now....

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

that's cool bro...you have your opinion...but after the MNC game you came on here saying how no one gave UF a chance and all of us bashed UF, etc...you are doing nothing more than everyone else did last year...again that's fine...

I sit here today as a alum and fan of the Ohio State program and say...if they make the MNC game and lose...so be it...they would be basically #2 again out of 117 or so D 1 teams not a bad place to be...with a ton of people coming back they are primed for another run next year...I certainly did not have these expectations for this years team...but there are 2 very important games left for them...ILL at home and UM on the road...they win yes I think they at least deserve a shot...

but again if they win great...if they lose ok...move on to the next game...but it will be just comical to watch all the so called experts in here come back and say we told you so...when in fact you could say that for just about every team with 1 or 2 losses...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Gotta tell ya.....UF played a top SOS in the BCS rankings......OSU's isn't close this year....big difference.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

No one knows what tOSU would do in the SEC and vice versa. They beat who is in front of them. tOSU usually does a good job of scheduling OOC games and has some tough opponents coming up in the next couple years. Outside of a couple one loss teams, the rest of the country cant bitch about tOSU's schedule. If you lose 2+ games you cant call anyone out, IMO.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Boise St and Utah play in minor league conferences. I don't see the comparison between them and Ohio St.
Exactly.

Trix is comparing grapes to bicycles here.

When both Utah and Auburn were undefeated, in 2004, both got the shaft in favor of a 1-loss OU team for the "privilege" of getting their ass kicked by an undefeated USC team. That's a totally different scenario than what we had last year (The Fla/Mich debate of who should "get" to play tOSU), or what we have this year, at the moment.

Would Auburn or Utah have done any better against USC in '04? Maybe, maybe not. But like it or not, tOSU is the No. 1 BCS team, and will play in the MNC if they win out. Period.

Don't like it, trix? Write to your Congressman or local college president. Sign an online petition. Better yet, just STFU and let's see how this plays out, you whiny cunt.

P.S. If tOSU beats Michigan, they will have beaten a top-25 team, and possibly a top-10 team, on the road, to end the season. Granted, the Big 10 doesn't have a championship game, but that's another discussion.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

T REX wrote:Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah
If I fucked the prom queen, but you didn't think I deserved to, it wouldn't change the fact that I fucked the prom queen.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

BtH: 2005 bowls, 2004 season. It was the year we lost to KSU in the Big 12 championship game, but still got in, no?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Shit. My bad.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

:lol:

Hell, somebody will probably write three pages of how in the hell I could mix up '03 and '04, given how credible the BCS is, in the end.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

T REX wrote:This will be settled on the field......karma is coming....

You may not like me but I have called stuff like this for years.....many of you know....

So we'll see......calling it now....
Reset.

That is the sound of inevitability, Mr Anderson.