So, I think I have a new least favorite band.

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

battery chucka' one
Elwood

So, I think I have a new least favorite band.

Post by battery chucka' one »

A guy I work with put this cd in a few weeks ago and I thought it was a horrible sound. Him and another co-worker were going nuts over it. Of course, seeing that the emperor had no clothes, I was thinking how wretched it was. I'm not so rude, however, and gave it another listen today. It is still abyssmal. We all know who I'm talking about, right? The band/guy that makes the late Wesley Willis seem semi-palatable. Yes, it was some concoction called Iron and Wine. Very horrific. Perfect for the Halloween season. I'd recommend avoidance to any fans of listenable music. That is all.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

We all know who I'm talking about, right?
Jesus fucking Christ, no goddamned idea, actually.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

I fukkin' dig it and you don't. I'd say I'm the winner.
In fact, thanks for reminding me, I'll have to play some.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mine is Blues Traveler. not new, but least fave--partially abetted by my 15 years in Boulder.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Crash Test Dummies made Blues Traveler look like Led Zeppelin.

Just sayin'.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Technically, Iron and Wine isn't a band, it's just one dude (Sam Beam). It's not the greatest shit ever, but it hardly sinks to Nickelbackian levels of unlistenability. If I'm in the mood for some lo-fi indie folk, I'd much rather listen to these guys:

http://www.myspace.com/thenationallights

I guess I'm a sucker for soft acoustic music with dark, violent lyrics...
"Keys, woman!"
battery chucka' one
Elwood

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I guess I'm a sucker for soft acoustic music with dark, violent lyrics...
I think, to fill that quota, I'd need something more like this:

My Darkest Hour
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

battery chucka' one wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I guess I'm a sucker for soft acoustic music with dark, violent lyrics...

My Darkest Hour
That's pretty cool. It doesn't sound anything like the original Megadeth version, but I like it when artists put their own spin on a cover song...
battery chucka' one
Elwood

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:

My Darkest Hour
That's pretty cool. It doesn't sound anything like the original Megadeth version, but I like it when artists put their own spin on a cover song...
Yeah. Incredible how he was able to cover the song before Megadeth was even around. Very fascinating. It's almost as if the redhead was the one who covered it. Interesting.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

That White T's is shite too . Pure Rubbish ..
Last edited by James Dean Bradfield on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

BSmack wrote:Crash Test Dummies made Blues Traveler look like Led Zeppelin.

Just sayin'.
I second that .... They are utter shite ...

MBV is back , I hope .....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nine Inch Nails-on-a-chalkboard is pretty heinous.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:Nine Inch Nails-on-a-chalkboard is pretty heinous.
the only people who even still give two shits about nin are losers and faggots who still spin metallica albums and commercial, mainstream shit on a daily basis.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Screw_Michigan wrote:
the only people who even still give two shits about nin are losers and faggots who still spin metallica albums and commercial, mainstream shit on a daily basis.
:? Hmm, I must be a loser and/or a faggot. I just listened to Ride The Lightning yesterday and enjoyed the hell out of it. Gosh, this is really embarrassing. How am I going to tell my family?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
:? Hmm, I must be a loser and/or a faggot. I just listened to Ride The Lightning yesterday and enjoyed the hell out of it. Gosh, this is really embarrassing. How am I going to tell my family?
it was tongue in cheek. i've listened to ride the lightning in the past month. i can't admit the same about new nin.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: the only people who even still give two shits about nin are losers and faggots who still spin metallica albums and commercial, mainstream shit on a daily basis.
it was tongue in cheek. i've listened to ride the lightning in the past month. i can't admit the same about new nin.
I actually like older NIN, but yeah, the new stuff is not exactly top-notch.

I still say none of the bands mentioned in this thread can compete with Nickelback though. We have this game at work called "Nickelback or..." The premise is pretty simple: is there any band you wouldn't rather go see live than Nickelback. So far, the only bands to even get votes were 311 and ICP. We actually had to start using Broadway shows just to make it interesting. Nickelback or Cats? That's a tough one...
lovebuzz
Still thinking about a new title

Post by lovebuzz »

damn. i was reeeally hoping this thread was about arcade fire. (insert bitchy rant about overdramatic, instrument humping, warbling gypsies w/bad hygiene here please)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Or maybe we could insert a bitchy rant about overdramatic, filthy-dark-skinned-foreigner humping, questionable parent w/bad hygiene here. Please let me know if I need to to update my spreadsheet. God, I've missed you.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I still say none of the bands mentioned in this thread can compete with Nickelback though. We have this game at work called "Nickelback or..." The premise is pretty simple: is there any band you wouldn't rather go see live than Nickelback. So far, the only bands to even get votes were 311 and ICP.
nickelback or blink? i loath both bands equally. icp's pretty fucking embarrassing as well.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

I still say none of the bands mentioned in this thread can compete with Nickelback though. We have this game at work called "Nickelback or..." The premise is pretty simple: is there any band you wouldn't rather go see live than Nickelback. So far, the only bands to even get votes were 311 and ICP.
Nickelback or Barbara Streisand?

Nickelback or Liza Minelli?

Nickelback or Live?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Screw_Michigan wrote:
nickelback or blink? i loath both bands equally. icp's pretty fucking embarrassing as well.
I'd take Blink, just because their suckiness is less fresh in my mind, but that is a good one.

What makes ICP v. Nickelback such an intriguing matchup is the crowd. Nickelback fans are dumb sheep, but essentially harmless. Juggalos are dumb sheep with a propensity for violence. When it comes to actual music though, ICP wins hands down, if only because they openly admit that they suck. A big part of what makes Nickelback so horrible is how seriously they take themselves.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Nickelback or Barbara Streisand?

Nickelback or Liza Minelli?

Nickelback or Live?
Babs, Liza, and Live, respectively.

The only band that I could say with absolute certainty is worse than Nickelback is, of course, Creed, but one of the stipulations of "Nickelback or..." that I forgot to mention is that the bands have to currently exist. The game stemmed from a conversation about who the worst band in the world is right now. You have to place some kind of limitations on it, or else you could just nominate a made-up "supergroup" comprised of Violent J, Scott Stapp, C.C. DeVille and Meg White.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

I ask this only because I know what you think about him, but Nickelback or Meatloaf? I'd take the Loaf.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

battery chucka' one wrote:I ask this only because I know what you think about him, but Nickelback or Meatloaf? I'd take the Loaf.
I saw Meatloaf in 1990 at a TKE Springfest party in Oswego, NY. Yes, Meatloaf was playing college keg parties in 1990. This was before Bat Out of Hell II and the Loaf was made infinitely more bearable by some fine buds provided by the 104.7 Rock radio honks I was chilling with. I was so wasted off that prime sensi that after the show, I took the bus back to campus and spaced out on a Gary Cooper movie marathon playing on the local PBS station while most of my floormates were puking in the mens room.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

What's with the meatloaf haytas?

Granted, he was pretty much a flash in the pan with bat outta hell, but, it is a pretty damn cool album. And love or hate him, you gotta admit that dude can actually do something most rock screachers singers can't. Sing.

As for nickleback, I'd say the reason so many list them as most hated is because, unfortunately they get huge airplay. They are pretty much THE pop rock group today.

Personal favorite worst band? No idea. Todays music disinterests me to the point of not knowing enough to know who sux.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Toddowen wrote:I have a new least favorite band and they are called Led Zeppelin.

A few on this message board might know the extent of my being a fan of theirs in the past. But that's in the past. All done and gone for good.

Yes...even I once attended one of these pagan gatherings to see Jimmy Page. Somehow I realized right during their performance that what was transpiring in that auditorium was an unholy festival of pagan worship. And as I exited the Worcester Centrum halfway thru the show, I was confronted and virtually accosted by many zealoted followers of these "Idols"...inquiring as to why I was leaving or where I was going.

I WAS PUTTING DISTANCE BETWEEN MYSELF AND SATAN!

Make no mistake about that.

It's time to recognize Led Zeppelin for what they are- devil worshipping exploiters for the minds and dollars of the masses who follow their satanic music. I'm not supplicating and worshipping these "idols" any longer, and I sincerely hope neither will you.

"I guess I've talked to you about love"
from 'Trampled Under Foot'

No....Mr. Plant. You have not talked to me about love. You have talked to me about lust. Not love.

You've talked to me about greed. About the desire to produce a catchy song, supposedly about love, that will appeal to your pagan zealoted followers enough to fill your too tight bell bottom denim jeans with enough coin to weight them down, so that your genitals will be exposed and make the lustfull legions of teenaged groupies that followed you swoon and obey your every sinful commandment.

And no, Mr. Page. You too haven't expressed any precious smidgeon of love...except if you consider love for the devil and the occult and ones own self to be love.

Where's the love?

You wont find it with them.

Get thee behind me, Led Zepplin.

Flee from me....keepers of the word of Lucifer.
translation:

I went to see Jimmy Page and he fukked my girlfriend between sets.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:What's with the meatloaf haytas?

Granted, he was pretty much a flash in the pan with bat outta hell, but, it is a pretty damn cool album. And love or hate him, you gotta admit that dude can actually do something most rock screachers singers can't. Sing.
I have some good Bat Out of Hell memories. Stuff like coping my first feel at a Jr. High Dance to "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad". So no, the Loaf is not ALL bad.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

i hate pagan wind chime pimps as much as the next guy, but, who gives a fukk. page is an absolute musical genius. why let some annoying wiccan cunt interfere with watching him.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

James Dean Bradfield wrote:MBV is back
still laughing
why is my neighborhood on fire
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:"I guess I've talked to you about love"
from 'Trampled Under Foot'
Idiot. If you're going to quote the best band ever to walk the face of the earth in a pitiful attempt to disparage them, at least get the fucking quote right.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:If you're going to quote the best band ever to walk the face of the earth

<----- See title under screenname
lovebuzz

Re:

Post by lovebuzz »

Goober McTuber wrote:Or maybe we could insert a bitchy rant about overdramatic, filthy-dark-skinned-foreigner humping, questionable parent w/bad hygiene here. Please let me know if I need to to update my spreadsheet. God, I've missed you.
if i could remember you, i might miss you.

personally, i miss Dinsy.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Re:

Post by Goober McTuber »

!zzubevol wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Or maybe we could insert a bitchy rant about overdramatic, filthy-dark-skinned-foreigner humping, questionable parent w/bad hygiene here. Please let me know if I need to to update my spreadsheet. God, I've missed you.
if i could remember you, i might miss you.
If you sobered up, you might remember me. If you ever had me, you’d not soon forget it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Re:

Post by Dinsdale »

!zzubevol wrote: personally, i miss Dinsy.

Which makes me all the more thankful that you and the rest of the single skank contingent doesn't spend more time at the pistol range practicing.
lovebuzz

Re: So, I think I have a new least favorite band.

Post by lovebuzz »

i'm still in the 314, shitbag.

2. what with my crystal clear background check, and the ahhh
whole concealed/carry thing and
the whole "shooting a weapon actually feels kind of nice" and
the whole "lots of cute boys at the shooting range" thing and all...

ya better watch it.