Mucho....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Mucho....

Post by WolverineSteve »

Biggest game in the program's history. The area is buzzing about CFB. USF gear is sprouting up everywhere. Our state rep. (Ron Reagan, no joke) a USF grad, told me about how Leavitt recruits kids locally, using the NFL stadium as a positive recruiting tool. Look at the roster 112 out of 118 kids are from Florida. He is getting this program ramped up for national prominance.

RayJay sells out Monday morning. 60k+, ESPN friday night game vs. WVU.

Welcome to the big time!!

What say you about the state of Bull football.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: Mucho....

Post by Atomic Punk »

WolverineSteve wrote: What say you about the state of Bull football.
I've only seen the highlights and they look pretty damn good. My guess is the school has very low admission standards to bring in that much talent.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Atomic Punk wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote: What say you about the state of Bull football.
I've only seen the highlights and they look pretty damn good. My guess is the school has very low admission standards to bring in that much talent.
When it comes to athletes admission-standards are approximately the same for most programs in the country. Some cons may let you take a couple prop-48's but you can't stock your team with them. South Florida is a well-coached, BCS-school with great facilities in the middle of a recruiting-hotbed. I'd say that is the why they look good and have some talent. While they haven't been 1A a long time I'd say there are plenty of places that are harder to win-at and get talent to than South Florida.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

This is the type of thing that I've always wanted to have happen with this program. I fully admit it's come much sooner than I have expected it. Coach Leavitt has done a tremendous job building the program from the ground up. Former AD Paul Griffin certainly made the proper hire back in December of 1995.

The build up for this game has been great and it's going to be a great sight seeing the stadium sold out. A win in this game would obviously be huge for our program for so many reasons.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mike Ford......former FIVE star stud with a detour. This guy may be the best player so far to attend USF. Tons of talent. I look for him to have a huge game.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Danimal wrote:
When it comes to athletes admission-standards are approximately the same for most programs in the country.

Not even close. Mexifornia is so fucked up that even schools within the same system have
different admission standards...Kal gets plenty of kids that couldn't get into UCLA (DeSean Jackson) and private schools SuC can get anyone they can afford.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Huge game this weekend. We will see if USF is for real. I think they have a great shot at winning since they went into Morgantown and came out w/ a W.

West Va 24
USF 17
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Just my luck I told my ex-gf I'd pick her up at the airport 45 mins before the kickoff and have dinner with her. Time to find a place with a TV.

This might be the best Friday night ESPN game in many years.

I'll be pulling for whomever wins to go undefeated the rest of the way, just to fuck with the BCS, of course.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Go Bulls. I'm definitely a fan. They play an exciting brand of football, and it is fun to watch a young program on the rise earning every step, rather than creaking along via the waning momentum of past successes.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RadioFan wrote:Just my luck I told my ex-gf I'd pick her up at the airport 45 mins before the kickoff and have dinner with her.
Cue the Beast Light can crashing on RF right about now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

There is a ton of talented HS football players in Florida that historically left the state because there were only so many roster spots at UF, FSU and Miami. Leavitt and his staff have done a great job of finding those types of D1 players that 7-10 years ago would leave the state to play. UCF in Orlando is doing the same thing, they gave Texas all they could handle eventually losing by 2.

USF has a lot of speed on both sides of the ball, the D-line is undersized and a straight-forward power running game could give them trouble.

USF has nothing to lose in this game, I see Leavitt opening the offense with the throttle down and showcasing Ford and Grothe. The D can run with WVa's offense, it should be a great college football game.

USF 38
WVa 27
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The Seer wrote:
Danimal wrote:
When it comes to athletes admission-standards are approximately the same for most programs in the country.

Not even close. Mexifornia is so fucked up that even schools within the same system have
different admission standards...Kal gets plenty of kids that couldn't get into UCLA (DeSean Jackson) and private schools SuC can get anyone they can afford.
Uh note I said approximately and most-do you know what those words mean? Do you realize there are states other than California and conferences other than the Pac generalizations can be made that don't apply to your particular school? Plus I have a hard time believing Cal has a bunch of athletes that couldn't get into UCLA, geez you sound like Lou Holtz when he was at ND.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Uh oh, Mucho ... Grandma Holtz just gave his "pep talk" for SF -- kiss of death.

Trees? Bumblebees? Are you fucking kidding me?

Nice inspiration, "coach."

Jesus. If there's a dumber segment on ESPN at the moment, I don't know what it is.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

^^ Funny. I heard him say Thhhkreees and Bumblebeeshhjkkksss.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RadioFan wrote:Uh oh, Mucho ... Grandma Holtz just gave his "pep talk" for SF -- kiss of death.

Nice inspiration, "coach."

Jesus. If there's a dumber segment on ESPN at the moment, I don't know what it is.
I don't how much of a pep talk it could be when you can't understand what is being said. Bumble was about one of the few things I could make out.

Leavitt is psychology major, so I have no doubts that he will have the team fired up before they take the field.
Bearcat92
Crack Whore

Post by Bearcat92 »

Go Bulls!!! Who would have predicted the day when USF and Cincinnati were ranked at the same time??? Both programs have a ton of potential and seem to be taking a big step forward. Good luck tonight against the Mountaineers.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

14-0 Bulls...Rack It!
I'm pullin' for ya Mucho.
Always have, what pisses me off this game couldn't be played on pick'em, I promise you I'd have had your Bulls.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

USF....quit throwing it downfield!

awesome game so far...but man..8 TOs int he first half???
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rack the Mizzou grad Jim Leavitt

The Bulls defense are fucking hitting.

Grothe trying to do too much.

c'mon bulls
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

nice win Mucho, glad you guys exposed WV....anything lower than a 10 ranking would be insane.

grats again
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Great win for that program. Its them or Rutgers now.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Rack the hell out of the Bulls!

Great game.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I feel better.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Wow what a treat for a Friday night. Rack the Big East for Thu and Fri games because otherwise I would probably not tune in. All the heat the Big East got as undeserving of a BCS tie in after BC,VT, and the U left should be finally laid to rest. There are some damn good teams in that league. I'm not sure WV was "exposed". I think South Florida is just better than most the country believed. Held two Heisman canidates to dismal stats and played an impressive style of defense. But you also gotta give some props to WV for never quitting. That backup QB played pretty strong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

rack the Bulls.

i'm sure the Texas Aggie boards are lighting up with the name Jim Leavitt.....
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

rack the Bulls--SW FL is all abuzz over them and right now it looks like'they belong in the same sport's section of the paper as U of florida, Fl State, and Miami !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

King Crimson wrote:rack the Bulls.

i'm sure the Texas Aggie boards are lighting up with the name Jim Leavitt.....

let it be said here: it's going to be an interesting next off-season starting January 7 for the hiring of coaches. the pecking order and alumni checkbooks will be a soap opera.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Leavitt turned down Alabama. Tampa is home. He ain't going anywhere.

Rack ex-FSU and current USF D-Coordinator Wally Burnham(he was 5-1 vs Nebraska and shut down the Husker rushing attack from 86-93).

The Running of the Bulls!!!!!

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

T REX wrote:Leavitt turned down Alabama. Tampa is home. He ain't going anywhere.

Rack ex-FSU and current USF D-Coordinator Wally Burnham(he was 5-1 vs Nebraska and shut down the Husker rushing attack from 86-93).

just to keep your Big 8 history straight, NU finished second in the conference in 86 (NC), 87, 88 to OU. CU won in 89, 90 (NC), ....i think. so, a lot of people shut down the Husker rushing attack back then.

in the remaining years you list , NU finished 24, 15, 14, and 3 in the polls.

ain't like you had your wife's steak stolen by Brad.

confirm everything here:

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/ ... m?OppID=36
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

it looked like dan mcarney was running the defense

former ISU head coach
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Congrats Mucho. USF is definitely heading places.

Yet another team progressing faster than my 'skers:(
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Rack USF!!!!

This place is buzzing bigtime!!!

It's so different, if it were Miami, FSU, or UF it would be somewhat expected. This team has been put together so quickly and is delivering on it's opportunities thusfar. The region is Bulls crazy. Huge student body, massive alumni base, Bulls are coming out everywhere. The place I caught the game at tonight was electric. Rack Coach Jim and his wonderful gameplan. He's got a ton of top flight talent on this team. Let us not forget, USF hammered Richies boys in Morgantown last year. This team is no fluke. With parity being the order of the day in cfb, USF is deserved of a top 15 ranking.

By the way....I got on the bandwagon early....you got my back on this Mucho?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

King Crimson wrote:
T REX wrote:Leavitt turned down Alabama. Tampa is home. He ain't going anywhere.

just to keep your Big 8 history straight, NU finished second in the conference in 86 (NC), 87, 88 to OU. CU won in 89, 90 (NC), ....i think. so, a lot of people shut down the Husker rushing attack back then.

in the remaining years you list , NU finished 24, 15, 14, and 3 in the polls.

ain't like you had your wife's steak stolen by Brad.

confirm everything here:

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/ ... m?OppID=36
Huh?

USF's D-Coor was on the FLORIDA STATE Staff that pretty much owned Nebraska back then. THAT was my point. WVU's option attack has been completely shut down the last two years with a great game plan.

I know he wasn't on Spurrier's staff in '95.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Thanks for all the love guys. I'm not sure last night has really sunk in just yet. The atmosphere in the stadium was insane. That was the loudest I have ever heard that stadium when Moffitt ran that INT back for a TD. Someone might have to pinch just to make sure this isn't a dream.

I said a couple of weeks back that I would be interested to see what WVU would do against a team that could play Defense. I knew we were capable of limiting them, but we were knocking the crap out of those guys last night and I never thought we'd hold them to 13 points.

Steve, I have your back dude.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

a lot of good teams "pretty much" owned Nebraska then. that's the point. that kind of confusing to you?

had DC you defend "pretty much owned" 95 or 97 Nebraska....maybe.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rack USF! Exciting stuff.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

King Crimson wrote:a lot of good teams "pretty much" owned Nebraska then. that's the point. that kind of confusing to you?

had DC you defend "pretty much owned" 95 or 97 Nebraska....maybe.
Get over it man.....damn you Nebraska....you've turned your Bugeaters into....Bama fan....defenders of the past....

ARGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not the same without the Corn ruling college football......

KC, its just not the same.