It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

U&L in the Record Book Once Again

Post by Mikey »

Woman Ties Blood Alcohol Record Of 0.50

TACOMA, Wash., Jun. 21, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) A Pierce County woman apparently tied a record for the amount of alcohol in her blood when the Washington State Patrol toxicology lab measured a blood-alcohol content of 0.50 two hours after she was arrested for investigation of drunken driving.

Ann Marie Gordon, manager of the lab in Seattle, said the reading _ more than six times the legal limit of 0.08 _ tied the highest level ever found by technicians at the patrol's lab. A King County driver also registered 0.50 on a blood test in 2000, Gordon said.

"It certainly would kill many people," she said.

The average blood-alcohol content of drunken drivers stopped in Washington is about 0.15, Gordon added.

Rebecca G. Lingbloom, 45, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol on May 10. Authorities contended in an affidavit that she nearly hit a pedestrian that day and was seen swerving all over the road.

A Pierce County sheriff's deputy later found her passed out behind the wheel of her car in the Summit area, the affidavit states.

Deputy Prosecutor Bradley Moericke pointed out that Lingbloom was arrested for investigation of drunken driving twice in the 1990s, and asked District Court Judge Frank Dacca to jail her in lieu of $20,000 bail. Moericke also asked that Lingbloom be monitored with an electronic bracelet that would record her movements should she make bail.

Dacca declined both requests after Lingbloom told him she enrolled in a six-month treatment program for alcohol abuse not long after her arrest. Public defender Clarence Henderson told the judge he called the clinic before Wednesday's hearing and confirmed that Lingbloom was enrolled.

Dacca said he didn't want to jeopardize Lingbloom's treatment by sending her to jail. He did require that she continue her program and report to court July 24 for another hearing.
"Swerving all over the road" and then passed out behind the wheel with a BAC of 0.50 and she pleads innocent? There must be some mitigating circumstances.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This story is quite reminiscent of when I was a child and my father "attempting" to pick me up from daycare shortly after his long visit to the pub.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Det. Jimmy McNulty
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Det. Jimmy McNulty »

RumpleForeskin wrote:This story is quite reminiscent of when I was a child and my father "attempting" to pick me up from daycare shortly after his long visit to the pub.
yeah, unfortunately for us (and your bingo winged-wife), your father didn't wrap his car around a tree after he picked you up from said "daycare."
"What the fuck did I do?"
"What the fuck?"
"FUCK! I fucking need a fucking lawyer."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Det. Jimmy McNulty wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:This story is quite reminiscent of when I was a child and my father "attempting" to pick me up from daycare shortly after his long visit to the pub.
yeah, unfortunately for us (and your bingo winged-wife), your father didn't wrap his car around a tree after he picked you up from said "daycare."
If you're going to use McNulty as your troll stop sucking!!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ya'know...I could be mistaken(me?...nahhhhhh), but I seem to remember the story after the initial arrest, and if it's the one I'm thinking of, she's some sort of government official. City council, county commissioner, something like that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Your arms and legs should be surgically removed after your second DUI.
Werd.

After your second DUI, you should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car.

Period.

End of story.

No quesitons asked.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I don't see anywhere in that article that says either of those arrests resulted in any convictions...which would be a matter of public record, and presumably would be in the article.

Screw that whole Justice system, anyway.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Dinsdale wrote:Screw that whole Judicial system, anyway.
FTFY
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Re: U&L in the Record Book Once Again

Post by Moorese »

Mikey wrote:There must be some mitigating circumstances.
Of course there were. She was shithoused. It's pretty hard to stay in your lane and ascertain just how quickly a ped will make it across the street when you're polluted.
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Tacoma. The only city in the UL that still has a neighborhood where you stop at red lights at your own risk, in broad daylight . . . and that same neighborhood is much safer than it was 15 years ago.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

No quesitons asked.
Dear God I hope not, One can only imagine the antswers.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
mvscal wrote:Your arms and legs should be surgically removed after your second DUI.
Werd.

Period.

End of story.

No quesitons asked.
The Euros have a great way of dealing with this. Get a DUI never drive again. Period. End of discussion.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Harvdog wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:
Werd.

Period.

End of story.

No quesitons asked.
The Euros have a great way of dealing with this. Get a DUI never drive again. Period. End of discussion.
You forgot the 'no quesitons asked' part.