The firesale in Nashville begins...

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

The firesale in Nashville begins...

Post by Shoalzie »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211182&hubname=nhl

So essentially, the Forsberg trade shakes out like this for the Predators...

Nashville gets: Forsberg
Philadelphia gets: Hartnell, Timonen, Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent and a 3rd round pick

Yikes...
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

This should do wonders for their ticket sales :lol::lol:

Hamilton's going to appreciate them much more.

One down.. 3 more to go.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

ESPN is reporting Vokoun has been traded to the Panthers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

On Wall Street, this would be touted as preparing for a corporation to be sold. Lose as much cost as you can and make the corporation look as appealing as possible to prospective buyers. Hard to believe that the Preds won't be playing in a different city in the next couple years.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

So if we're to believe the news being floated around this week,

Leipold's going to turn down Balsillie's offer and accept one from "Boots" Del Biaggio which will pay him $48 million less and the Preds still move, except to Kansas City instead of Hamilton..

Now tell me, would anyone of you be willing to accept a deal where you'd take $48 million less than what you've been offered...

Bettman's as good as a walking dead man if he dares show his face in public on this side of the border if this deal goes down as reported.
Canadian hockey fans are already convinced he should be lynched and pissed on at the first possible opportunity just for what he's already done to the game. Someone is bound to step up, do the right thing.. acting in the best interests of the game.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

JaysFan wrote:
Now tell me, would anyone of you be willing to accept a deal where you'd take $48 million less than what you've been offered...
If that $48 mil was slid under the table I would.......but thats the Liberal in me.

It could go down as one of the most crooked deals in business history, but its going to happen. Another shitty team in another shitty market with 10,000 people dressing up as empty seats every night.

can't wait.

p.s.....Kariya is a Blue and Vokoun is a Panther........can you say 'worthless fukking franchise?'