Alabama's apology for slavery

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: Alabama's apology for slavery

Post by Smackie Chan »

Jsc810 wrote:we apologize for the wrongs inflicted by slavery and its after effects in the United States of America
Is this part of the apology directed toward crackers or nogs?
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Did you apologize?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Jsc810 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Who the fuck are they apologizing to? The slaves are all long dead.
I'm friends with Gideon, and one day we discovered that my folks used to own his folks, which was kinda interesting to both of us. My great-grandmother was born in 1884, so maybe it was her grandparents or great-grandparents and earlier who owned the slaves. So Gideon and I are the great-great-great-great grandchildren of the people involved.

Yeah, they're all dead.

So you fucking apologize.

My grandpappy didn't own anyone. Neither did his. I'm sick of paying for your fuck ups. Fix it and pay the bill. Keep me the fuck out of it.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Caveman
Crack Whore

Post by Caveman »

mvscal wrote:I wonder when we modern humans are going apologize to Neanderthal Man for wiping him out. I'm so consumed with guilt and shame I can hardly sleep at night.
Not so fast, my friend.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

coming soon:

"Just give my people the reparations they deserve"

Jesse or Al
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jsc810 wrote:I'm friends with Gideon, and one day we discovered that my folks used to own his folks, which was kinda interesting to both of us.
Did you let him in on Rocky Raccoon stealing his Bible?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:I wonder when we modern humans are going apologize to Neanderthal Man for wiping him out. I'm so consumed with guilt and shame I can hardly sleep at night.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

and RACK Headhunter.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

They tried to make it a big deal here.

I dont think any difference was made with the apology other than wasting tax payer money.

"Sorry to hear that your great-great-great-great grandmother got fucked in the ass on the regular but, by the way, did you know that blacks owned slaves in america too."

A great gem left out of the history books.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:I wonder when we modern humans are going apologize to Neanderthal Man for wiping him out.
You're still here, aren't you? I don't think it really happened.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:Have you apologized for slavery to your ni...gger wife? If not why? You owe her an apology for slavery, right?
Just curious about something. In your sad little world, do all blacks = n-bombs, or does it take a specific behavior to earn that?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:Have you apologized for slavery to your ni...gger wife? If not why? You owe her an apology for slavery, right?
None of my ancestors ever owned slaves.

But since you brought it up earlier, I should apologize to you for what my ancestors did to some of yours, apparently.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

mvscal, sorry for wresting Aztlán from you. It'll never happen again.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Mr T wrote:
"Sorry to hear that your great-great-great-great grandmother got fucked in the ass on the regular but, by the way, did you know that blacks owned slaves in america too."

A great gem left out of most history books.
Fixed that for you.

Sadly, too many people rely upon the schools to teach children the history of this country. Carter G. Woodson wrote upon this topic MANY years ago and there is a good book by Larry Koger entitled "Black Slaveowners."

Many blacks know that blacks did own slaves but there is no money to made from that kind of knowledge.

mvscal's posts always give me a chuckle. No one on this board has wielded the word "n..igger" with more vitriole, humor and sarcasm than he has. Part of the fun is trying to figure out which of those moods he is in.
by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

Right. Because unlike you, I actually respond to Vic. He's a funny poster
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:No, they don't equal "n-bombs." They equal ni...ggers.
I just wanted to understand if you were a 3rd tier retard who believed that certain blacks, because of their behaviors, deserved that epithet, or if your were a retard of the highest order that believed the color of one’s skin automatically qualified them. Thanks for clearing that up.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thanks for fessing up to your tardtitude. And it’s really fascinating to see someone who exhibits such a high level of intelligence in certain areas exhibit such a level of abject stupidity on this subject.

Have a nice day.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Invictus wrote: Sadly, too many people rely upon the schools to teach children the history of this country.
That is what schools should do. Sadly, schools fail to teach children. "No child left behind" also means "No child goes further".

Carter G. Woodson wrote upon this topic MANY years ago and there is a good book by Larry Koger entitled "Black Slaveowners."
Woodson and other would only go as far to say that blacks only bought their kin so they could be free too. Which is bullshit. If you just got freed as a slave, there would be no way for you to be able to work enough to support yourself and raise 500 dollars to free your brother. Especially when their is free labor as far as the eye can see.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

mvscal wrote:They're congential fuck ups who invariably sink straight to the bottom of any society they infest.
This innuendo right here could cut through glass. I laughed.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:someone who exhibits such a high level of intelligence in certain areas exhibit such a level of abject stupidity on this subject.
Sounds like you need to re-examine your beliefs on the subject. Try doing so without emotion or the syrupy "we're all the same under the skin" pap that has been force fed to you your entire life. What objective evidence to have to support them?

Really, it is OK to recognize the fact that some people, for whatever reason, are simply inferior. It isn't racism. It is an objective view of reality.
I'm content to hold off forming an opinion of someone until I know a little bit about them. Yes, I realize that some people, for whatever reason, are simply inferior, and it isn't racism. You don't have to look any further than the Kansas City contingent for proof of that.

Hey, wait a minute! What part of Missouri are you from?

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Im literally laughing out loud reading mv's posts.

RACK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:I would have gotten a boatload of Chinamen to pick my cotton. Those motherfuckers work.

Round these parts, we call that "slavery, U&L style." They had laws against bringing blacks to the U&L. Chinks were fair game. The ritziest burb around is on a lake that was dug by Chinese...with shovels. They got their reparations in the form of convenience stores and dry cleaning shops.

mvscal make me laugh quite hard in this thread, although not quite as hard as:

R-Jack wrote:hate-ape

So tastelessly RACKable.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

mvscal wrote: So they couldn't get up enough money to buy their brother, but somehow they could come up with enough cash to buy some other slave?
No, they couldnt. That is what I am saying. A free black guy couldnt get a job for shit anywhere in this country during that time.

What I am saying is that it was free blacks who came over free and had money who owned slaves and did so to make money not to free their brethren like Woodson and others say.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

mvscal wrote:Yeah OK. Whatever.

I've heard this tripe before usually from neo-Confederate apologists.
So you are saying blacks never owned slaves even though their are historical records proving that they did?

Yeah OK. Whatever.

Its all just tripe from the neo-confederate apologists.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I agree with mvs....the fact that a statistically insignificant number of blacks owned African slaves doesn't really impact the overall debate, which should REALLY focus on the fact that the "statute of limitations" has long since passed on the issue and that it's frigging pointless for legislatures at any level, businesses, or families to apologize for shit that happened over 142 years ago. Opening that can of worms just feeds the opportunistic conmen in the "race industry" who are just waiting for any chance to extort unearned cash in the name of so-called "reparations."

Shit, if some morons want to argue that the statute of limitations hasn't been passed, then I want to know how frigging far back we can all go to extort money from our alleged historical "oppressors." Those of us of European descent can spend the next several years suing and countersuing each other for OUR "reparations."
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

lining up for my $$ from the Romans for years
of oppression of the Helvetians !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wolfman wrote:Helvetians

Are you related to these people?

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

giant headed stump? pffffttt. nice one. now I got somethin' else besides fuggin' midgit to call him when the OL is watching that silly show.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Short people got no reason
To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
Round here

Short people are just the same
As you and I
(A fool such as I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's a wonderful world)

Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no short people
'Round here

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

mvscal wrote:
Mr T wrote: So you are saying blacks never owned slaves even though their are historical records proving that they did?
So an utterly insignificant handful of free blacks owned slaves. Is that supposed to mean something?
If blacks and whites both owned slaves, who should be apologizing? who should be paying who?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

mvscal wrote:It isn't a black, white and red issue. American Indians also owned slaves and fought for the Confederacy, but you don't hear much about that either.

The issue is that everyone who ever had anything to do with it is dead. People who have never been slaves are not owed an apology from people who have never owned slaves nor are they entitled to any monetary damages for not being a slave. Race has nothing to do with it.
I agree with you on the apologies and monetary damages. There should be none. They are dead. Let them be dead. No need to dig them up and make them shake hands.

But when people bring up their should be some apologies or monetary fees, I always bring up the fact that not just whites owned slaves. So it would be complicated figuring out who paid who, considering alot of people have immigrated here since that time and alot of families of slaves have joined non-slave families in union.

I hate that my state had to join others in beating a dead slav...err....horse.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

T, all of your handwringing and gripping is for naught. The U.S. has no plans, present or future to give reparations to the descendants of slaves. An apology is one thing but giving money is different and if you or anyone else of any color believes otherwise, you, and they, are fucking morons.

Oh, and you are absolutely wrong about Carter Woodson.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Vic,

sorry about the pancakes - and Vanilla Ice.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Invictus wrote:T, all of your handwringing and gripping is for naught. The U.S. has no plans, present or future to give reparations to the descendants of slaves. An apology is one thing but giving money is different and if you or anyone else of any color believes otherwise, you, and they, are fucking morons.

When did I say that I was worried about reparations being put in to place? You are right you would have to be a moron to believe that.

Oh and show me where Carter Woodson said blacks owned other blacks for monetary gain.
Last edited by Mr T on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Gee, Sam, thanks for telling us a month late.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Chris’ Famous Hot Dogs Day
By the Governor of the State of Alabama
A Proclamation
April 27, 2007
My tax dollars in action...hooray.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Mr T wrote:
Invictus wrote:T, all of your handwringing and gripping is for naught. The U.S. has no plans, present or future to give reparations to the descendants of slaves. An apology is one thing but giving money is different and if you or anyone else of any color believes otherwise, you, and they, are fucking morons.

When did I say that I was worried about reparations being put in to place? You are right you would have to be a moron to believe that.

Oh and show me where Carter Woodson said blacks owned other blacks for monetary gain.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Were+Afri ... 0135381248
Woodson did acknowledge that there were black slaveholders who bought slaves for the same reason that whites did--to gain economic advantage from their forced labor--but he believed that such exploitation of blacks by blacks was relatively rare, as "the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy."

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Invictus wrote:
but he believed that such exploitation of blacks by blacks was relatively rare, as "the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy."
Blacks by blacks was rare....well how do you think whites got the slaves from africa to begin with. Black tribes, who had other black tribesman as slaves, sold them to the whites.

How the fuck does he think that exploitation was rare but a freed black slave getting enough money to buy his wife and others was not?

It wasnt rare then for blacks to exploit blacks and its not rare now for blacks to exploit blacks. The same for any race exploiting their own.

But I was wrong he did barely state in a bullshit kinda way that blacks did own other blacks.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Mr T wrote: But I was wrong he did barely state in a bullshit kinda way that blacks did own other blacks.
My contention was simply that Woodson DID in fact say that blacks owned slaves for monetary gain, you said that he NEVER did. His main contention is that MOST blacks who owned slaves were benevolent owners but he was careful to point out that yes, there were some black who participated in chattel slavery just like whites.

And, Woodson didn't compare owners in Africa to those in the U.S. and the West Indies. His research was on black slaveowners in this country and not other places. You are drawing a conclusion from information that was never there.

Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

mvscal wrote:
Invictus wrote: The U.S. has no plans, present or future to give reparations to the descendants of slaves.
But if they do British American Tobacco and SABMiller will be rated strong buys.
Someone's been watching Chappelle's Show Season 1 reruns.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Invictus wrote:
Mr T wrote: But I was wrong he did barely state in a bullshit kinda way that blacks did own other blacks.
My contention was simply that Woodson DID in fact say that blacks owned slaves for monetary gain, you said that he NEVER did. His main contention is that MOST blacks who owned slaves were benevolent owners but he was careful to point out that yes, there were some black who participated in chattel slavery just like whites.

And, Woodson didn't compare owners in Africa to those in the U.S. and the West Indies. His research was on black slaveowners in this country and not other places. You are drawing a conclusion from information that was never there.
Well like I said, I was wrong Woodson did say it...kinda.

Here is my point, absolute power corrupts.

He can say that people, 60 years before his time, were treated nicely by their black owners but I am going to have to laught at that.

Any race will exploit their own race. Any race will exploit another race. It has been proven time and time again through history. Yet somehow Woodson believes that most blacks were kind owners....yeah and Thomas Jefferson didnt go down to the slave quarters and get that sweet potato pie on the regular. Kind and owner dont go together when talking about another human being.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Wolfman wrote:lining up for my $$ from the Romans for years
of oppression of the Helvetians !!
Too be fair Wolfman.. unlike the slaves- you were there for the Roman oppression.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back