Wireless Keyboards

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Lizard King
Watch that "boy" shit, redneck.

Wireless Keyboards

Post by Lizard King »

Do they all suck ass or just the one I bought?
It has served us well, this myth of Christ.

--Pope Leo X
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

What is the problem specifically? I've used them before without any major problems. I use wireless Mice both at work and at home without any problems. Sometime when they get low on battery juice, they will start having issues, but a new battery always fixes those problems. Particularly my Logitech MX Laser is awesome.
Junkman
Fred Sanford is my Hero

Post by Junkman »

Not sure - what did you buy?

My favorite "wireless" story was a client that bought 4 microsoft wireless mice and keyboards for four of his office staff. They started complaining of "haunted" cusors and "viruses taking over their machines.

Turns out the wireless devices were too close and were interfering with eachother.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

are you using batteries that shipped with the thing? They're generally low. Slap some new ones in there.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

PSUFAN wrote:are you using batteries that shipped with the thing? They're generally low. Slap some new ones in there.
Interesting. I replaced the batteries in the mouse after a week and a half. It worked great up until the point that it quit completely but new batteries solved the problem.

On the keyboard, I have to press down pretty hard or I'll end up typing an entire sentence with 3 or 4 letters missing.

I grabbed up the least expensive keyboard/mouse combo I could find. It's a Kensington, a brand I never heard of before. :oops:

--Pope Leo X
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I'm sure some alien from Mars will show up with a T-shirt that seyz BOOMER SOONER and will fix it for you.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

My wife has a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo for her computer and she loves it. I tried it a few times and had no problems whatsoever. I use the logitech mx700 wireless mouse and i love that thing. kind of bulky at first but after a few days you get totally used to it. I bought a mouse from kensington once used it for a few days and took it back. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... ENTID=9132
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Lizard King wrote:On the keyboard, I have to press down pretty hard or I'll end up typing an entire sentence with 3 or 4 letters missing.

I grabbed up the least expensive keyboard/mouse combo I could find. It's a Kensington, a brand I never heard of before. :oops:
I've used Kensington before and I've always been satesfied but they do cater to give lots of interesting features for the least money. They also do memory and a few other tech things.

The keyboard may just have issues or maybe you are just not used to it. Different people like different feedback from their keyboards. Some of them have to be pushed fairly hard or you'll run into similar problems while others have feedback and clicking noises (they are fairly rare so some die hard fans stick with older keyboards). I guess the only thing I can say is if you tried to play with the placement of the receiver, the battery and all the other changable attributes of the keyboard/mouse and it still doesn't work for you then you might want to consider taking it back in and spending an extra $20-$30 and going to the next model or a different brand. I personally love Logitech (I have the MX laser, one model up from the mouse that Chargerfan has) and it is an absolute dream. Best mouse hands down....except when it gets low on juice. When it does that, the mouse tends to screw up more or if you use some wierd...not so flat environment to put the laser mouse on.

Anyway thats all I can suggest. Oh and Logitech tends to be expensive.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

I'm learning to adapt. I just have to press the keys much harder than my previous keyboard which really throws me off, especially when using the shift key.

--Pope Leo X