Moss to the Patriots for a 4th Rounder...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Moss to the Patriots for a 4th Rounder...

Post by Cicero »

...barring a physical. Front page of ESPN.
Eaglebauer
Elwood

Post by Eaglebauer »

Patriots really going the n> igger route this off-season.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Patriots will really be an interesting team to watch if BB & Co. can get these guys to play up to their potential.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Raider James thought the Rams got over on the Chiefs in the Dante Hall trade. I wonder how he feels about this? The Chiefs get a 5th for Hall the Raiders a 4th for Moss.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

This team is going to win the Super Bowl this year. MARK IT DOWN!!!!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Bet he DOES.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:Not with Moss, you aren't. If you think he's going to change his act just because he's on the Gaytriots now, you're a goddamn idiot.
And he might just infect the rest of that team with the locker room cancer that he carries and spreads around so easily. Moss is the ultimate "it's all about ME" player, and I doubt that even homeless guy can cure that disease.

Sucks to be you, Patsfan
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:Not with Moss, you aren't. If you think he's going to change his act just because he's on the Gaytriots now, you're a goddamn idiot.
And he might just infect the rest of that team with the locker room cancer that he carries and spreads around so easily. Moss is the ultimate "it's all about ME" player, and I doubt that even homeless guy can cure that disease.

Sucks to be you, Patsfan
Yep.

Kinda hard to have an impact on the field when you're constantly hurt and missing huge chunks of the season as well.

The only way I thought Moss would be semi-successful again is if he ended up on a team that plays on carpet. Not only is he back on grass again, he's now in a cold weather locale. Its over for him.

Rice recently said it best about Moss: He has all the talent in the world, but his attitude is horrible and his work ethic is non-existant. He went on to say that if he would've worked half as hard as him from his rookie season on in Minny, he'd have most of Jerry's records by the time he hit 35. At the end, he said there's no chance of those records falling even if Moss played into his 40's.

Good luck Patfan-you'll need it.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

As a condition of the trade, Moss agreed to restructure and perhaps even extend his current contract for both cash-flow and salary cap reasons. His contract calls for base salaries of $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008.
He is already being unselfish by re-structuring his deal.....
Far more important to coach Bill Belichick than any financial concessions by Moss, though, are the promises by the nine-year veteran receiver that he will fit into the Patriots' culture, an atmosphere in which players are expected to subjugate personal performance for team goals. Moss has long been one of Belichick's favorite players, in part because of his competitive nature and desire to step to the forefront at critical junctures of games, but the Pats' coach would not have made the deal without being comfortable that it is a good fit for everyone.

Sources said that Belichick has discussed the acquisition of Moss with several key leaders and that the veterans to whom he spoke were on board with the deal. The feeling is that the New England locker room includes enough acknowledged leaders and high-character guys that Moss will not pose a threat.

Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison all will not put up with his shenanigans. We are not talking about Warren Sapp being the leader for him to follow. These guys don't fuck around and will have no problem letting him know that...
That said, adding Moss, who will be playing for his third different team in four seasons and who now has been traded twice in three years, clearly involves some risk. Belichick and New England officials apparently have been candid in apprising Moss that there will be a zero-tolerance approach, and that the kind of behavior he has manifested at times in the past will not be acceptable.

Belichick will not give this guy a long leash. If he acts up he will be exactly like Terry Glenn in 2001. Stuck on the bench never to play again. All it cost the Pats was a 4th round pick. Worth the risk in my opinion. Better then anybody we would get in the 4th round thats for sure.

If anything Moss will be keyed on by teams. This will open up the middle for Ben Watson, and also take pressure off of Dante Stallworth on the other side. Welker and Reche Caldwell in the slot will be open ALOT!

Poo Poo it all you want, but the Pats just stole a talent and overall are freaking LOADED!!! Oh and they have 2 picks in the 1st round next year. The run is just beginning again......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

The Raiders clear 7.5 million in cap room but more importantly, he's someone else's problem.

That sound you are hearing is hundres of thousands of Raiders fans rushing to get their Moss jerseys on ebay first. Moss was the biggest selling jersey in the NFL his first year in Oakland but he quit on Raider Nation early last year, a fact that was obvious to any observer.

He might get a new life in New England and with a turnaround people will say the Raiders got ripped off but I don't think there was any way things were going to work out in Oakland with Moss. Also, it's pretty clear there was no team in the NFL willing to give up a 2nd rounder for Moss or it would have been done.

The improved play of Ronald Curry makes this loss much easier. Curry has been absolutely fantastic the past 3 years while healthy. Maybe Kiffin will get something out of USC-connected Williams, whose lack of blazing speed didn't fit into Detroit's offense.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

War Wagon wrote:

Sucks to be you, Patsfan

I would imagine that Moss is more likely to find himself back on the street and without a contract before he could turn the Patriots veterans against one another. BB is no fool and Moss and his antics are no secret. It is very likely that there is some particular contract verbage to address behavioral contingencies for Moss.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison all will not put up with his shenanigans.
Like he gives a fuck. Remember when Chris Carter wasn't going to "put up with his shenanigans"? I guess not.

He's Randy Motherfucking Moss. He plays when he wants to play and if you don't like it you can suck his beanbag. That's who he is. He's never going to change.
So are you saying that it is not worth a 4th round pick to get him?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Corey Dillon was a clubhouse cancer too. Winning cures all ills.....
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Neely8 wrote: He is already being unselfish by re-structuring his deal.....
this made me laugh out loud......
get out, get out while there's still time
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Felix wrote:
Neely8 wrote: He is already being unselfish by re-structuring his deal.....
this made me laugh out loud......

2nd.

He showed that same kind of "Unselfishness" as a Raider too, tard.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

mvscal wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Corey Dillon was a clubhouse cancer too. Winning cures all ills.....
Dillon never dogged it on the field. You're fucking dreaming.
Rack That! Dillion- for as much of an ass as he was off the field- always gave 110% on.. Unlike Randy. Also- Dillion was the #1 Running Back... Moss is now one receiver on a team renowned for spreading the ball out so much. Between Stallworth and Moss- there will be two people who want more balls then Brady will give them. He is so good BECAUSE he watches the field and throws to the open receiver- not just the guy who said he wants the ball. Like MVS said- can;t wait to see what happens when he gets his panties in a wad b/c Brady isn't showing him the love.

I think this move just goes to show what a bunch of hypocrites the NE organization is. They won their SB's- and all you heard was how much of a class organiztion they are- no player above the team.. yadda yadda yadda. Now they begin to suck a little- so they sell their souls to the NFL devil by trading for one of the biggest Me First cancers in the league. PLus- doesn't Merriweather have sever character issues? Isn't he the guy that was filmed during that brawl stomping on some defensless player on the ground? That, and returning fire when one oif his freinds was robbed?

Yeah- Class organization you guys have there! Say what you want about the Raiders- at least Al Davis has never tried to pass his club of miscreants off as something else.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Ah yes all the haters are out. You can all eat shit as far as I am concerned. You wouldn't take a flyer on him for a fourth round pick? Is he an upgrade from Reche Caldwell?

The rich get richer. Pats not only will win it all this year, but once again have two first round picks in next years draft. Sorry but they will be on your TV's alot for the next few years. I know it hurts.

Dillon was a model citizen his first year. Not so much afterwards. He refused to talk to the media because they said he was showing his age. God forbid they point out the obvious. He would have a 5 yard run and take himself out of the game for a few plays. I liked the guy actually. Thanks Corey for the nice years. Enjoy retirement!

I believe the Chargers thought Rodney Harrison was a cancer too. Two rings later and you couldn't be more wrong....

I LOVE IT!!!! :D
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

R-Jack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:PLus- doesn't Merriweather have sever character issues? Isn't he the guy that was filmed during that brawl stomping on some defensless player on the ground?
What, you thought the Raiders were the only team that would take a kicker in the first round?
:lol:
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Less than I had hoped for to be honest but it needed to be done.

Yes we got raped in the trade considering what we gave up but you simply can't look at it that way.

Moss had to go. Now this team can turn the page on what was obviously a big mistake and move forward.

And for the record I think Moss will shine in New England. Great trade for them but again we have to worry about ourselves.

Look at it this way. You once had a relationship with a hot girl but now you are fighting all of the time and she no longer is putting out. So you break it off and the next night you see her dancing with another dude you dislike at the bar.

It sucks but it is a necessary step to move on.

Life goes on.

Forget about Moss and focus on what is here.

The Raiders made the right call.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Mal wrote:Less than I had hoped for to be honest but it needed to be done.

Yes we got raped in the trade considering what we gave up but you simply can't look at it that way.

Moss had to go. Now this team can turn the page on what was obviously a big mistake and move forward.

And for the record I think Moss will shine in New England. Great trade for them but again we have to worry about ourselves.

Look at it this way. You once had a relationship with a hot girl but now you are fighting all of the time and she no longer is putting out. So you break it off and the next night you see her dancing with another dude you dislike at the bar.

It sucks but it is a necessary step to move on.

Life goes on.

Forget about Moss and focus on what is here.

The Raiders made the right call.

I can agree with it being a win for the Raiders. If they felt he had to go and they actually got something for him then thats great. At least some in Raider Nation can look at things rationaly...
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Horrible analogy Mal, but yes-he had to go and Radernation is happy about it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

mvscal wrote:I wouldn't give a bag of practice balls and a bucket of fried chicken for Randy Moss.
Don't give a brothah a loophole. Some 4' 8" attorney might get him off...

As to the trade, Neely is right. It's not much of a gamble on a team already stacked as long as the contract gets renegotiated. But hey, any chance to bag on Moss really can't be avoided.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Neely8 wrote:Ah yes all the haters are out. You can all eat shit as far as I am concerned. You wouldn't take a flyer on him for a fourth round pick? Is he an upgrade from Reche Caldwell?
sure any team would risk a 4th rounder....

I'd say the Patsies definitely got over in the trade......

don't however, confuse his desperation with him being unselfish.....
get out, get out while there's still time
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Neely8 wrote:
He is already being unselfish by re-structuring his deal.....
He HAD to restructure his deal, just like he did when he wore out his welcome in Minn and the Raiders were the only team that would take him.
Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison all will not put up with his shenanigans. We are not talking about Warren Sapp being the leader for him to follow. These guys don't fuck around and will have no problem letting him know that...
That only works with a person who gives a shit what their peers think about them. Moss is clearly not that guy.
Belichick will not give this guy a long leash. If he acts up he will be exactly like Terry Glenn in 2001. Stuck on the bench never to play again. All it cost the Pats was a 4th round pick. Worth the risk in my opinion. Better then anybody we would get in the 4th round thats for sure.
Not true. A WR who is a known locker room cancer, who is known for quitting, refuses to block, takes plays off and had an incident with a police officer where he hit her with his car :shock: would either be taken with a 7th round flyer for someone like the Cardinals, or wouldn't be drafted at all.
If anything Moss will be keyed on by teams. This will open up the middle for Ben Watson, and also take pressure off of Dante Stallworth on the other side. Welker and Reche Caldwell in the slot will be open ALOT!
Yeah, we heard the same thing from RaiderFan when they got him. The problem is, when he knows he's not getting the ball thrown his way, he dogs it, so the safeties can read off of him and go double someone else.
Poo Poo it all you want, but the Pats just stole a talent and overall are freaking LOADED!!! Oh and they have 2 picks in the 1st round next year. The run is just beginning again......
The Pats just picked up a headcase who lacks motivation and doesn't produce anymore. The difference between him and Dillon and Owens, is that the latter two ALWAYS produced on the field at a high level. In fact, you really can't compare the three guys at all.

Dillon was only seen as a cancer because he constantly fired off in the media about the coaching and ownership and the "culture of losing" around the Bengals. You know what? He was right! But he still always kicked ass on the field. He was a cancer, but not a dog.

Owens, similarly, gave 110% on the field and was known for always playing all out on every play, including run-blocking, running decoy routes and everything that Moss is known for not doing. His problem was that every time the team suffered a loss, he'd take it out on his teammates and coaches. He wanted to win so badly, and just didn't have the coping mechanism to deal with losing in either SF, Philly or Dallas. So he lashes out at those around him. He was also a cancer, but not a dog.

Moss, conversely, is both a cancer AND a dog. Seriously, what's the point of giving up any draft pick for the guy when the Raiders were going to give the guy his unconditional release prior to the off-season workouts? Was anyone else going to sign this guy up after he'd pulled the same shit TWICE? Truth is, you could have had him for nothing and instead gave up a 4th round pick in a rich draft full of talent at all positions. So yeah, I'd say you gave up too much.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Moss thrived 3-5 yrs ago when .......

1. He was young
2. He was playing primarily indoors on a fast track
3. He & Duante were essentially playing street ball

This just in, he's NOT young, he's NOT playing on a fast track, and he's NOT going to be playing street ball.
In NE it's anything BUT street ball.

If you think a pro like T. Brady is going to develop a trusting relationship with a guy that can't be counted on, you're one dumb fuck.

3rd and 8 and NE needs a critical first down.
Do you think Brady will want to call Moss' number, knowing that maybe Randy has decided he's not going to run on this play .... ?

Fuck Moss.
Fuck NE.
Fuck anyone who jocks this loser.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RACK 'Tart

Per PFT:
"THE MOSS OF OLD IS BACK"

In his introduction to the New England media, Randy Moss punctuated a conference call by proclaiming: "The Moss of old is back, and let's just leave it at that."

And then the line went dead.

Priceless.

Moss also said that what he has done during his nine-year career is just a "glimpse" of what he can do in the future. If that's true, then it's time for rest of the AFC to worry about who'll be the losing team in the conference title game for the next few years. ( :lol: :lol: :lol: )

And the Moss of old was back in other ways. He showed flashes of irritability and condescension, claiming that anyone who would criticize his professionalism has never played the game, and inviting anyone who has concerns -- male or female -- about his off-field behavior to "line up against me."
And this is only Day 1, Patfan.

Pro Football Talk wrote:Of course, Moss gushed even more upon his arrival in Oakland in 2005. "I'm in love right now," he said. "I'm committed to excellence and I just want to win, baby."
What a pathetically laughable cunt this guy is.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:
Pro Football Talk wrote:Of course, Moss gushed even more upon his arrival in Oakland in 2005. "I'm in love right now," he said. "I'm committed to excellence and I just want to win, baby."
What a pathetically laughable cunt this guy is.
MY MY MY....how times have changed:
Raydah James on Thu Aug 18, 2005 wrote:I'll take these fucking headaches anytime just to witness the payday this motherfucker is going to throw down on your shit defense-hell, on ALL the fucking defenses he plays against.

He is the most dominant reciever to play the game since Rice in his prime-Moss single handedly changes an entire defense by simply stepping on the field.

Either way, our opponents are flat out FUCKED this season.
Tears, man.....TEARS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

In light of Oakland's long history of success with malcontents, James' optomism was understandable.
What Moss proved, however, was that he's not just a malcontent, he's a full blown pussy.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

For wanting to eject from that annual cesspool of TEH SUCK? Nope, my long-in-the-tooth tennis pro....I guess everybody trying to get off the Titanic were "full blown" sackless folks as well, right???? :lol:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:So much for the "we're a team of character guys" bullshit.
I think that ship sailed when their head coach started his second career as a homewrecker.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RevLimiter wrote:For wanting to eject from that annual cesspool of TEH SUCK? Nope, my long-in-the-tooth tennis pro....I guess everybody trying to get off the Titanic were "full blown" sackless folks as well, right???? :lol:
Dumbshit, what do you teach your children .... ?

When someone is paying you to do a job you have obligation to perform to the best of your ability regardless whether you find a current circumstance to your liking or not.

9 mil a year, I'm not happy ...... you know, I think I'm just gonna tank it, sorry.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

rozy wrote:As to the trade, Neely is right. It's not much of a gamble on a team already stacked as long as the contract gets renegotiated. But hey, any chance to bag on Moss really can't be avoided.

I heard if they cut him before game 1, they pay him nothing. After that... it's a one year contract + roster bonus that totals 3 million and with another possible 2 million in incentives.

Money wise (3+ million) and draft pick wise (4th rd), they are both negligible costs, so let's get down to brass tacks. Belichick and Peoli have made just as many bad moves as good ones. With such stinkers as Tyrone Poole, Atrell Hawkins, Chad Brown, Monty Beisel, and Duane Starks (just to name a few)... they've missed just as much as they've hit.

The Patriots don't need Randy Moss to win the Super Bowl. They had already vastly improved themselves at the WR position compared to last year. Either Moss assimilates or he is gone. There's a zero tolerance policy on his behavior. I really don't think he'll be put in a position where he can hurt the team... only improve it. My only worry is some sort of blow-up in the post-season. I am both leery and excited by this move. The good part is, he's not a make or break player. He's just another weapon for the best QB (or 2nd best. Manning might be better.) in the game.

For all of you haters out there... I get it. He has a questionable past. He takes plays off. However... it's not a huge risk and the upside is greater than the downside. They have plenty of other players to throw the ball if/when he's cut.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:There is no upside. That's the problem. Do you honestly think he's going to be happy with a role as a bit player in that offense?

If Reche Fucking Caldwell can catch over 60 balls, I am guessing an healthy Moss is good for 75-80. Bit player???? We're talking about a number one receiver with one of the most accurate passers in the game getting him the ball.

Let's see how happy he is playing alongside Brady as opposed to the usual shit QB he's been accustomed to. And if doesn't like it, he can go fuck himself. He's gone. The Doug Gabriel out front should have told you...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
mvscal wrote:There is no upside. That's the problem. Do you honestly think he's going to be happy with a role as a bit player in that offense?

If Reche Fucking Caldwell can catch over 60 balls, I am guessing an healthy Moss is good for 75-80. Bit player???? We're talking about a number one receiver with one of the most accurate passers in the game getting him the ball.

Let's see how happy he is playing alongside Brady as opposed to the usual shit QB he's been accustomed to. And if doesn't like it, he can go fuck himself. He's gone. The Doug Gabriel out front should have told you...

I have been trying to explain it Ucan't but some people are just thick headed. There is a risk here, but the parameters of the contract take alot of it away. If he acts up he is gone. He knows it. He also needs to perform to get paid. If they cut him due to him acting up it cost them the 110th pick in the draft. Worth the risk in my opinion.....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Did I stutter?

I read it as more of a whimper, but whatever...

I don't care how many people are lined up on Moss. ((When healthy))...even if he's "covered", he's open. As a DB, if he's "even", he's by you. All of that shit applies. The rules have changed a little bit since Moss last had a decent QB (if ever) trying to get him the ball. Brady isn't afraid to throw the "jump ball" or the "underthrow on purpose." Triple team him, I don't give a fuck. He's going to get the ball.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Did I stutter?

I read it as more of a whimper, but whatever...

I don't care how many people are lined up on Moss. ((When healthy))...even if he's "covered", he's open. As a DB, if he's "even", he's by you. All of that shit applies. The rules have changed a little bit since Moss last had a decent QB (if ever) trying to get him the ball. Brady isn't afraid to throw the "jump ball" or the "underthrow on purpose." Triple team him, I don't give a fuck. He's going to get the ball.
Moss can still outjump most DB's for the ball but he's not the burner he once was. Some of the vid highlights of him playing with the Raiders show him being caught from behind. Moss isn't being brought in to stretch the field- that'll be Stallworth's job. Moss is there for jump balls and Welker will be the possession guy.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I saw an interesting piece on Moss some time ago, and the gist was that he's never been a precise pattern runner. He's just made up for that with his athletic ability (Speed, Height, Jumps), and that many NFL personnel guys think hisa skills will drop quickly as he loses a step.

Well, he's already losing a step. His production in Oakland was WAY down from what it used to be. Are we seeing the end of Moss as a top tiered receiver? I think so. That being said, I think it was a good move by both teams. A 4th rounder to take a flier on a guy who may still have something left in the tank? Sure. Why not. And from Oakland perspective to get anything for Moss beats having to waste the postage on sending him his walking papers.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Headhunter wrote:His production in Oakland was WAY down from what it used to be. . . . . . . .

Lets be honest though, that will happen to ANY player headed to Oakland these days. You can plug in any player you want on that team - its just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic in my opinion.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

But you also can't take a rusty, fucked up, old deck chair from the Titanic and put it on the QE2 and expect everyone to believe it's a brand new chair that's just as good as new.

Oakland's problems are Oakland's problems.

Moss' problems are now YOUR problems.

Make sure you see that distinction.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Th wrote:
Headhunter wrote:His production in Oakland was WAY down from what it used to be. . . . . . . .

Lets be honest though, that will happen to ANY player headed to Oakland these days. You can plug in any player you want on that team - its just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic in my opinion.