Dallas@Vancouver-Game 7

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Dallas@Vancouver-Game 7

Post by The Rat Pack »

This going to be a fascinating game to watch. Whoever loses is going to get destroyed by the media & their fans. There's more than just a playoff advance at stake. Reputations are hanging by a thread.

If Dallas loses..what can you say? Another miserable choke and early exit. And Turco will still be tagged as one of the ultimate playoff dogs. Can they really keep Turco..with that kind of karma? Talk about the albatross around the neck of the franchise. Should they dismantle this aging team and rebuild from scratch if they lose? They have a lot of pieces that could build up the farm through trading. All of this is ironic seeing as Turco has been flatout amazing in this series.

If Vancouver loses...what can you say? Another miserable choke and early exit. And Naslund will still be tagged as one of the ultimate playoff dogs. Up 3-1 in a series...again! Only too piss it all away. There will be a serious meltdown if this comes out bad for Vancouver.

I've caught a fair amount of this series...and it has been an odd one to say the least. Brilliant goaltending..two snakebit offenses with trouble finishing off goals...and two teams that don't seem to have any real animosity towards each other.

I'm going with Dallas. There's just too much veteran fire power. Vancouver is not scoring...I don't think that changes on monday.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I think it's hard to pin a series loss on either goaltender in this series. They have both let in some soft goals, but they have been spectacular for the most part.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

I hated this series. I cant fucking stand the Stars for all the times they OWNED the Oil but I hate Vancouver too for their fans. I never met one that I liked or even thought of as a decent human being. So originally I was rooting for Van to dump the Stars in short order and die off in the second round. But now I am irritated that Van hasn't flushed the turds in a reasonable time so fuck them. Go Stars in Game 7.

Being out of the post season sucks much balls.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This will be the first game of the series I'll watch with great interest...for obvious reasons.

I won't lie that I'd like to see Dallas win so the Wings would have to face the Stars in the second round and avoid the Sharks for another round but it will also eliminate the best goalie in the West in Luongo. The Stars will be a tough draw but I think they are the best matchup for the Wings. You're gonna have to run into the Sharks or Ducks in the Western Finals but the Wings wouldn't go into that series bruised and beaten and the travel schedule is much more favorable.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Cic.......LOL. Good to see an Oil fan behind the Stars. Yeah, I know the Stars have owned the Oilers in the playoffs (hmmm...no matchup last year and Oilers make it to finals) but '97 still stings for Stars fans. I can still hear the silence in the arena after the Marchant goal........chirp......................chirp.......................ouch.

Turco (and Luongo) have been simply awesome in this series and will shoulder no blame if their team loses. I can't comment too much about Vancouver but it'll be very interesting to see what changes the Stars make if they go down. I don't know if Tippett would still be around. Seems to me he's trying to ram a square peg in a round hole by making bangers/muckers/grinders out of FINNS and SWEDES. That's just not their style. So is that Armstrong's fault for getting those guys? Brendan Morrow was the last player the Stars drafted that's made a difference....and he was selected by Bob Gainey. It'd be nice to see them draft someone that can contribute. But that won't be for a while as they unloaded upcoming draft picks for Ladislav Nagy....who hasn't done much at all.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Great battle...the Canucks regrouped after dropping the last two and pulled it out in the third. We've got a helluva final four in the West coming up...Ducks-Canucks and Wings-Sharks.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Dallas completely dominated the 1st period...after that it was all Vancouver.

They sure missed Zubov. That Klemm penalty was the turning point.

There was some dubious officiating against both teams. The refs looked lost.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I'll never blame the refs for a loss (I'll save that for the anti-Duke ninnies) but there were stupid calls all over the ice last night. Some that were very touchy and others where a guy would get mauled an no call. Ugh. Let 'em play a little.

Tough post season for me...........again. I guess this is how Blues fans feel in most years. Hell, they usually advance a round.

No smoke coming from Big D...yet.