Sox V Yanks Round 1.....

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Sox V Yanks Round 1.....

Post by Neely8 »

Should be a fun weekend in Beantown. BoSox have their best 3 going. Should be interesting to see how they fare against the vaunted Yankee lineup. Sox take 2 out of 3 with a loss on Sunday. Any sig bets?
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

A-Rod is just flat out sick.

12 homers in 15 games. Unreal!
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Mister April Strikes again... and again!!!

No matter how much he does... he will always hear it!!

Check out ESPN...

Alex Rodriguez hit Nos. 11 and 12 but couldn't produce in the ninth.

Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

You sure that was the Red Sox who played the Yankees yesterday?

Hmmmmmm?
Image Image
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

So happy to be wrong. Back to Back to Back to Back homers. Unreal........

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:Sirfindafold needs to make an appearence in this thread....perhaps start one in this forum
HistoricTarddowen, up 3-0 in 2004 wrote:Who do we play next?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did that opening round series taste?

Better off yourself now, before I have to yet AGAIN gloat over your pathetically overpaid, overpriced "team" losing in the playoffs, or better yet, not even making the playoffs.

Btw, you referencing Sirfindafold after 2 losses in this ONE, early series is pure gold.

Good job, bandwaggoning shitstain. Way to show your true Yankee colors.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

The Yanks have some of the worst pitching in baseball at the moment and their starters are going a mere 4.9 innings/start. Wang is back today, Mussina will return shortly, Pavano is a pussy and needs to retire ASAP, and Clemens should be a nice addition come June.

I heard this morning that the Sux don't play Tampa until July. Holy fuck. If they are even close come July 1st, this will be a huge advantage for them. Anyways... it was an entertaining series, with some unusual occurences. Riviera choked. Back to back bunt singles. 4 HRs in a row. Weird and whacky, I tell ya. Should make for some nice drama this weekend in the Bronx.

Seems to me... the Sux were way ahead of the Yanks early on last year as well. We all know what happened there. 3rd place finish much, Sux? Let's see how this plays out over the next couple of months before shitting our pants, shall we?

This much I know, all you "Evil Empire" faggots better shut the fuck up. The Sux's payroll is 160 million this year and Henry also cut a check to the Japs for another 51 mil. That's 211 fucking million for the 2007 version of the Sux. 211 million reasons to shut the fuck up. Please shut the fuck up, Sux fans. You ARE the Evil Empire II.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:You know what? sirfindafold could've made an appearence just as well if the Yankees had swept.
Oh really?
In fact, if it wasn't for this thread, I would've had no idea the sox and yanks were playing.
Yeah, save your pathetic trolling for the suicide posts, dipshit.
dipshit wrote:I'm through arguing with a bunch of assclowns such as yourself over these childish rivalries, and I'm starting to veiw those that do as members of Douchebag's "crew".
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, it's probably older than 18 and not your mother, fuckstain.
Tardd wrote:Baseball is finished and done for as a relevent sport....and really, the only sports that matter are the ones you participate in.
You mean like threatening suicide on a message board?
But if you want to remain the worthless lowlife that you are, then by all means continue following these professional sports teams where what you hate attracts more interest than what you admire.
The Yaaaankees LOSE, thaaa YANKEES LOOOOOOSE!

Last edited by RadioFan on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Btw, what's their record now? Is it above .500, yet? Have they crawled their way out of the bottom of the East? :lol:
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
I heard this morning that the Sux don't play Tampa until July. Holy fuck. If they are even close come July 1st, this will be a huge advantage for them. Anyways...
Careful what ya wish for aye?
Yanks are REAL scary..... :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Jack wrote:Mister April Strikes again... and again!!!
Call A-Rod "Mr. April" if you wish. But the Red Sox are the organizational equivalent of Mr. April. 86 years without a World Series title told me so.

The season is a marathon, not a sprint. It's still only April. I'm not worried yet.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

WELCOMES TOA OUR HIZZHOUSE BITCH A
THIS WEEAKEND WE GOT THE SEIRES UP IN OUR FUCKIGN HISSZZOOOSE MOTHAT FUCKAHS!!

FUCK EYAHHH!!

YANKEES MOTHER FUCKING GLORY THIS WWEEKEKEND

I PREDEICET ROBINGON CANDO WILL BE THE FACOTRA AND OUR OPITCHING WILL COME ALIVE

EAT SHIT ALL YOU FAGGOTA RED SOXC FANS YOU SUUUUCKKK DICK!!
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I cannot take credit for calling A-Rod, Mr. April.

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=A-Rod

I personally think it is the Yankee's best interest to try to trade A-Rod, right now!

They need pitching and his value will never be higher! He is eligible to enter free agency after the season and will be asking for at least $20 Million. He will go to the highest bidder, there is no loyalty to NY!!

The Yankees have an incredible line up without him (yes, he does make it better) but their pitching is horrendous!!

They need balance and they need to excise the cancer known as A-Rod!!

Hey Frank, what was that about Robinson Cano and the Yankees pitching??

Come on Terry, if the Sox looked as bad as the Yankees and lost 7 in a row, I'd be bumming BIG TIME!!
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Don Mattingly will be the Yankees manager by May.
well kiss my ass and call it rosy
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Tarddowen wrote:What part of "Who gives a fuck?" don't you understand?
9-13. You won one.

Yay!
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:The Yanks have some of the worst pitching in baseball at the moment and their starters are going a mere 4.9 innings/start. Wang is back today, Mussina will return shortly, Pavano is a pussy and needs to retire ASAP, and Clemens should be a nice addition come June.

I heard this morning that the Sux don't play Tampa until July. Holy fuck. If they are even close come July 1st, this will be a huge advantage for them. Anyways... it was an entertaining series, with some unusual occurences. Riviera choked. Back to back bunt singles. 4 HRs in a row. Weird and whacky, I tell ya. Should make for some nice drama this weekend in the Bronx.

Seems to me... the Sux were way ahead of the Yanks early on last year as well. We all know what happened there. 3rd place finish much, Sux? Let's see how this plays out over the next couple of months before shitting our pants, shall we?

This much I know, all you "Evil Empire" faggots better shut the fuck up. The Sux's payroll is 160 million this year and Henry also cut a check to the Japs for another 51 mil. That's 211 fucking million for the 2007 version of the Sux. 211 million reasons to shut the fuck up. Please shut the fuck up, Sux fans. You ARE the Evil Empire II.
Evi Empire?

(Quiet laughter)

Sox aquire Clemens.

'Nuff said!

Rocket gets beat at his first outing facing the Rays, comes back and doesn't miss a beat. Goes 9-2, ERA 1.97, wearing his #21 jersey!!

Yanks take the wild card, and face the Sox, get smoked by Boston in an ALCS sweep.

Okajima is MVP.

Move on to New York, where they take on the amazing Mets and beat them 4 games to 1!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

General Peters wrote:Don Mattingly will be the Yankees manager by May.
I love Mattingly, but he's not ready to manage in the bigs.

The Yankees need a new owner much moreso than a new manager, btw.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Toddowen wrote:I'm not sold on Mattingly as a hitting instructor. Judging by A-Rod's lack of confidence last season, I think either Donny baseball was told to stay away from Alex or failed miserably in any attempt to help him.

And as for this thread....it always amusing to look back at these things come September. I've been hearing the same bullshit from Red Sox fans for forty years and they've only been right once in all that time.

And that one time hurt really bad didn't it???
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Neely8 wrote:
Toddowen wrote:I'm not sold on Mattingly as a hitting instructor. Judging by A-Rod's lack of confidence last season, I think either Donny baseball was told to stay away from Alex or failed miserably in any attempt to help him.

And as for this thread....it always amusing to look back at these things come September. I've been hearing the same bullshit from Red Sox fans for forty years and they've only been right once in all that time.

And that one time hurt really bad didn't it???

It probably hurt #1 Yankeefan Tom Brady more than it did Toddowen, faggot.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That Brady story is like cocaine for ESPN. As if it's not ironic enough that they did that ad with David Ortiz wearing the Yankee hat and the green monster mascot seeing him...now this?

I do find it funny that he supposedly wore the hat to not be identified. Geez...you don't think the hot Brazilian eye candy on your arm will get you recognized? Throw on an NY cap and he'll just blend in with the rest of the New Yorkers. All guys there wear Yankee hats and have gorgeous exotic women on their arm...it's the in thing.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I hate the media. He's not wearing a different NFL team's cap, so who gives a fuck? Seriously. I am repulsed that this even makes the news.

This only further enhances the BODE New York had over Boston. Even after '04, all of Boston is still obsessed with the Yankees. Go to the Garden to see the Bruins and inevitably a "Yankees suck, Yankees suck!!" chant breaks out. Go to Fenway when the Devil Rays are in town, go see the Dropkick Murhpys at Avalon on St Patrick's Day, and you'll always hear the same chant. "Yankees suck!" :?

I've been to NYC about 100 times in my life, about half of which were to see games in the Bronx, not once have I heard a "Red Sox suck!" chant.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I've been to NYC about 100 times in my life, about half of which were to see games in the Bronx, not once have I heard a "Red Sox suck!" chant.
Yeah, because typically, it's "Boston Sucks!"

Every square-headed, knuckle-draggin, Yankee Fan I know hates the 'Sox with a passion.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

chowd103 wrote:Yeah, because typically, it's "Boston Sucks!"
Do you hear it when the Orioles are in the Bronx? Do you hear it at MSG? Do you hear it at a Springsteen show at Meadowlands?

I haven't...
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

In other news...

The Yankees will bring up right-handers Darrell Rasner and Matt DeSalvo to fill their depleted rotation for their weekend series against Seattle, putting them on track to become the first team in major-league history to use 10 starters in its first 30 games.

The Yankees have spent $52 Million more than the 2nd highest payroll team, The Boston Red Sox, and the Yankees pitching staff is in shambles!!!

WOW!!! Yankees are Breaking records!!! Doesn't look like the Yankees have spent their $200 Million payroll wisely!!

I am sure that by the All Star Break, the Yankees payroll will exceed $225 Million.. problem is the Yankees have tended to pay top dollar for pitchers on the downside of their career or not be patient enough with younger pitchers. That is why they are in this current pitching mess..

Good Luck!! I am sure the Yankees will be competitive this year.. even if they go through 40 starters!!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

In 2nd place, in the American League East...I give you...

the

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Jack wrote:The Yankees have spent $52 Million more than the 2nd highest...

That's a crock of shit. The Sux have spent 211 (160 in payroll + 51 to sign DiceK) million dollars to field a team in 07.

Fuck you and your fuzzy math.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

rozy wrote:In 2nd place, in the American League East...I give you...

the

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Not anymore. The Yankees have moved into second. And it still is only early May.

And, given that it is the Red Sox :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the Yankees are chasing . . .

I'm not worried yet.