Flames-Wings thread

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Flames-Wings thread

Post by Blitzkrieg »

They tanked tonight and started a bunch of psuedo melees after the whistle. That's pretty cheap Flame fan. Your team is a joke.
Defense wins championships.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

After the Red Wings ran Kiprisoff the Flames showed they had no heart by not running Haseks ass over before the game ended. The teams that get vengeance win in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the teams that do not retaliate, get ran off the ice
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Kiprusoff was out of the net and Cleary didn't even see him.

Weak.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

doesnt matter, you hit our goalie, we have to hit yours.... its basic hockey
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Iginla and Phaneuf both taking penalties for roughing Zetterberg, at the same time, was both epic and pathetic.

There's nothing wrong with playing hard and taking the body, but hell. The Flames knew they had nothing tonight and tried to goon it up.

Fuck them, pussies. Learn to play a sport.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

when your team is playing bad, you have to goon it up, its the playoffs. If the other team is going home happy, make them go home happy and sore, Betman hockey sucks, a 4-1 playoff game should have had at least 4 of 5 fights at the end of the game.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

SoCalTrjn wrote:when your team is playing bad, you have to goon it up, its the playoffs. If the other team is going home happy, make them go home happy and sore, Betman hockey sucks, a 4-1 playoff game should have had at least 4 of 5 fights at the end of the game.
Have you ever seen a hockey game? Fighting isn't meant to be the equalizer between good teams and bad, it's meant to deter excessive stickwork and various cheap shots.

There is absolutely no correlation between fighting and winning in the NHL. In fact, the reverse is closer to the truth.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

In the good days of hockey before betman took the league over, there were always fights at the end of lopsided playoff games. Had the Red Wings made the playoffs in the late 70's through the 80's you would have known this. Beating the other team up doesnt mean you win the game, it means you arent going to go down without a fight.
What the Flames showed by not seeking vengeance on Hasek for that hit on Kiprisoff is that they are too soft to stand up for their players and too neutered by todays NHL rules to play old time hockey

Cheap shots do allow teams to win playoff series. the Kings were knocked out in 91 after Craig Muni took out Tomas Sandstrom and Todd Eliks knees in back to back games. The kings failure to retaliate cost them the series
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Cheap shots do allow teams to win playoff series.

Well then the series is in the bag for the Flames. I'm going to call my bookie immediately.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

none of the Wings were injured, keep your money on them
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The first two periods couldn't have gone any better short of Kiprusoff making some brilliant saves to keep the game from really getting out of hand. The Flames were absolutely outplayed for the 40 minutes and their token effort in the third wasn't going to make a difference considering Hasek was playing well up to that point.

The Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom line was outstanding...as if Hank hadn't missed the last several weeks of the season. Datsyuk getting on the scoresheet in Game 1 will take some of the pressure off but this team won Game 1 last year against Edmonton and then proceded to lose 4 of the next 5. I think the vibe after this Game 1 compared to last year is that last night, they controlled the Flames in the game while last year, they had scratch and claw and win in OT against the Oilers. Last night almost looked too easy but I expect Sunday to be nothing short of a complete opposite.

Hopefully Bertuzzi can get into the lineup on Sunday to get the Wings a little more toughness upfront. I don't expect the Flames defense to play as soft as they did last night and they were without Regehr. What we saw in the third period was to be expected with a lot of chippyness after this whistles and the Flames looked at Cleary's "running" of Kiprusoff as their rallying cry. Honestly, I think Kipper milked it because Cleary wasn't exactly flying into him. I was waiting for a blatant run at Dom later in the period but it never happened.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with what I saw last night but one game could be an accident, two would be a trend. If they can control the game on Sunday and head to Calgary up 2-0, I'd feel very good about this team's chances to move on. I think losing the series because a real possibility if they lay a turd in Game 2 and have to go up to Calgary have to steal a game at that snakepit of an arena. The Flames still can look at these first two games as a success if they can come away with a split. This game on Sunday is way more important to the Wings.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Shoalzie wrote: I was waiting for a blatant run at Dom later in the period but it never happened.
But you understand that that is part of hockey and the fact that Calgary did not seek vengeance shows that the Flames lack heart
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Blitz...pay no attention to this pathetic joke of a man. The dude is getting run out of the little league he coaches for bad sportsmanship so its no wonder he calls for goal tender running and whatnot.

SoCal...shouldnt you be scanning the net for cheap HGH for your up and coming home run derby greats?
Last edited by Cicatrix on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: I was waiting for a blatant run at Dom later in the period but it never happened.
But you understand that that is part of hockey and the fact that Calgary did not seek vengeance shows that the Flames lack heart

Vengeance? (typo smack?) :razz:

I grew up playing hockey, it's not the Sicilian mafia. There's a difference between a guy bumping your goalie and some dude full-on taking a run at him. Guys on the ice know that. Jim Gayfair would've sent out his plumbers to run Hasek in a heartbeat, had he thought it necessary.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

No Bert in Game 2 but has been medically cleared to return and is likely to come back in Game 3 on Tuesday.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204134&hubname=
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

In the good days of hockey before betman took the league over
RACK!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Blitzkrieg wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:

Vengeance? (typo smack?) :razz:

I grew up playing hockey, it's not the Sicilian mafia. There's a difference between a guy bumping your goalie and some dude full-on taking a run at him. Guys on the ice know that. Jim Gayfair would've sent out his plumbers to run Hasek in a heartbeat, had he thought it necessary.
venge·ance
1. infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like, on a person by another who has been harmed by that person; violent revenge

I dont care if my goalie was wrong and initiated the contact, you hit my goalie, Im hitting yours, especially in the playoffs
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

pheneuf's fucking enough, flamers. how many fucking times are you going to let holmstrom run kipper? fucking embarassing. even in 10-0 or 7-1 blowouts, the least you can do is protect your fucking goaltender. jesus fucking christ! the way they are playing, kipper will be out of commission and whoever the fuck the flames have as a backup will be halfway done by the time this series is over.

if the flames don't make much improvement in the area of PROTECTING THEIR FUCKING GOALTENDER (and playing a bit of defense), this series is over before thursday.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Bertuzzi's status for Game 3 is still unknown...not sure why he was scratched on Sunday. If it was his call or Babcock's. He was medically cleared to play but no one has said what was the reason he didn't play. Still not sure at this point if or when he'll play.

For Calgary, you gotta worry about Regehr's health. Phaneuf has enough pressure on him right now...if he's not able to go, it'll all rest on #3's shoulders to carry the load on defense. Also, Mr. Iginla might want to show up sometime soon. Captains aren't supposed to sit back while his team gets taken behind the woodshed. Game 3 will show us whether or not the Flames lack heart or are they just overmatched by a team that has finally found what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Plus, Hasek hasn't been tested in this series...getting outshot by a ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 just makes his job easier and the guy hasn't lost a playoff series since 2000-01 as the Sabres goalie. It's frightening to think that Hasek hasn't had to steal a game yet and the Wings have out-hit the Flames with their most physically imposing player out of the lineup.

If Playfair wants to keep his job and keep the fans off his ass, he's gotta have that team ready for tomorrow because I don't think the fans are just going to will them to a win...not by the way the Wings have been playing. They're too loose and confident to be afraid of going into the toughest home rink in the league and not think they couldn't come out with a sweep. This is a totally different Wings team than they were a year ago.
NjSooner
Elwood

Post by NjSooner »

Shoalzie wrote:Play fair
What the fuck is that?
sin,
SoCalTrjn
A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line. "We need a fourth for poker," said the friend. "I'll be right over," whispered the doctor. As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, "Is it serious?" "Oh yes, quite serious," said the doctor gravely. "In fact, there are three doctors there already!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Im all for fair play,
the only answer for a cheap shot is with a cheap or cheaper shot, thats the only way thats fair
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

And to think they dont want you coaching todays youth.......astounding.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

they dont have any issues with my baseball team or my coaching right now. A pitcher from an opponent got hit with a comebacker and my whole team went to the hospital after the game and took him balloons and a big card, said theyd sign his cast.

The league is looking at the bats used by half of my team right now though
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

SoCalTrjn wrote:they dont have any issues with my baseball team or my coaching right now. A pitcher from an opponent got hit with a comebacker and my whole team went to the hospital after the game and took him balloons and a big card, said theyd sign his cast.

The league is looking at the bats used by half of my team right now though

I'm shocked. Truly shocked. So sorry to have misjudged you. :meds:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Theyre Little League and Pony approved, only have a 2 1/4 " barel diamerter, the league just wanted to make sure since my team is the only team that has players using Anderson bats. I can get the kids a rack of F3's if theyre bats arent ok'd by saturday but the Anderson rep will be all over them because those things are 100% legal
NjSooner
Elwood

Post by NjSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:100% legal
Where have I heard that before?
A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line. "We need a fourth for poker," said the friend. "I'll be right over," whispered the doctor. As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, "Is it serious?" "Oh yes, quite serious," said the doctor gravely. "In fact, there are three doctors there already!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Anderson Bats website?
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Now that SoCal has moved his pissing contest into yet ANOTHER thread, allow me to try and hijack this back on topic. Specifically, Red Wings, WTF??? Both teams look like they're playing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I was worried that Detroit might actually be able to pull off another Cup run this year, but my fears have been allayed. The Wings will never make it out of the West if they keep this up, let alone raise another Cup banner.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

It is ponderous how Detroit keeps putting themselves into these awkward playoff situations.

It's obvious that despite the two losses in Detroit...Kiprusoff has been the best player in the series. I wouldn't want to rely on him all of the sudden going cold. No pressure onCalgary...It's all gravy for them.

That said, I am developing a serious mancrush on Mike Babcock. I love this guy.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The thing I feel best about this series is that the Wings have been the better road team. Both of their losses, they could've easily won those games.

I'll give Calgary their due for playing better at home but honestly, Game 3 came down to a couple of rare mistakes by Lidstrom and maybe Hasek should've stopped that Iginla shot and then last night, the special teams continue to be their Achilles' heel and I thought they defended that pass from Tanguay to Langkow poorly and that goal became the deciding score.

In the 8 games between these two teams including regular season...the road team hasn't won. Considering the Wings have home ice, I look at that as a reason not to panic. Unless the Flames show life on Saturday at the Joe...I still think the Wings are in the driver's seat as long as they defend home ice.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I wasnt the one who changed the subject

Ducks are on to round 2
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

yes, you did you fucking idiot.

fucking kill yourself.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

screw meatchicken wrote:yes, you did
Cicatrix wrote:And to think they dont want you coaching todays youth.......astounding.
no I didnt
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

no, you fucking idiot. you could have NOT responded to his post and left the thread on its on course of action, but like the complete douchebag you are, you had to defend yourself about the baseball and NOT the hockey. in summary, you changed the subject.

and you're still a fucking idiot. drop a few more bettman blasts for us.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Flames don't look like the road team after the 1st period. It's pretty evenly matched....so far.

1-0 Wings on a penalty shot.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Great second period for the Wings...the PK has shown up, Zetterberg gets his first goal of the playoffs and Hasek is having his best games of the series. With it being 3-0, it should interesting to see how hard the Flames will be playing in the third with the long trip back to Calgary for tomorrow night.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Nice meltdown, Flames...I hope the Wings go into your drunken cowboy, titty-flashy whore of a town and fuckin' finish you off tomorrow night. Complete chicken shit...RACK the Wings for not taking the bait. I hope McLennan and Iginla get the book thrown at them...I hope it was worth it. SCOREBOARD, CALGARY!
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:Nice meltdown, Flames...I hope the Wings go into your drunken cowboy, titty-flashy whore of a town and fuckin' finish you off tomorrow night. Complete chicken shit...RACK the Wings for not taking the bait. I hope McLennan and Iginla get the book thrown at them...I hope it was worth it. SCOREBOARD, CALGARY!
I loved what McLennan did and only wished it could have happened to Holmstrom or Clearly. The Red Wings take cheap shots all series long and then whine and dive after any Flames player comes with in five feet of them.

Complete chicken shit describes the Red Wings play all season long which has only been doubled in the play-offs. I used to have respect for Detroit fans but to see they way they react in a empty building during the play-offs and to see this shit from what was previously in my mind tier most respected poster that I have come across on the internet I am completely discusted by them and their actions.

Noodles for MVP, Flames in 7!!!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Whatever...if they lose with class, I wouldn't have flipped out like I did. I'm happy with the big win but that was garbage from the Flames. No FlameFan or apologist should defend what they did. The Wings are finally playing tough...this isn't the same sissy Wings team that were push-overs in the playoffs the last few years.

You can criticize them for driving to the net aggressively but where in the rule books does it say, you can two hand a guy in the chest or your captain can butt-end an opposing player behind the play? I dare you to defend that...
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

Shoalzie wrote:Whatever...if they lose with class, I wouldn't have flipped out like I did. I'm happy with the big win but that was garbage from the Flames. No FlameFan or apologist should defend what they did. The Wings are finally playing tough...this isn't the same sissy Wings team that were push-overs in the playoffs the last few years.

You can criticize them for driving to the net aggressively but where in the rule books does it say, you can two hand a guy in the chest or your captain can butt-end an opposing player behind the play? I dare you to defend that...
Jarome did not butt-end anybody. The Wings can cry about it all they want but he did not butt-end Schneider.

The Wings are not playing tough. They are not nearly as sissy as they have been but, elbows, late hits and attacking guys knees are not tough plays.

I can defend Noodles two handing the guy because I thought it was great. It put a smile on my face and was totally deserved. It wasn't nearly as vicious as the Simon slash and the dive by Franson made it look worse. McLennan will get and deserves a suspension, but I am sure glad he did what he did.

The garbage from Draper at the end of the game was dispicable as well, his refusal to fight afterwards was typically of that gutless punk.