Anyone still playing online?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Anyone still playing online?

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Anyone still playing online? If so where? How are you doing?

I think I am done...been playing at Full Tilt mostly 10 - 20 6 person SnG's with the occasional cash game and 18-45 person SnG mixed in...needless to say I think I am tired of getting all my money in with either dominating someone with say AK v A9 or pair over pair and them hitting 2 and 3 outers on the flop...

just a sample from today

shorter stacked in a 10+1 SnG pick up QQ UTG with 3 left...I shove my last $800 into the middle and get called by pocket 4's...4 on the flop I am done...pays 2...bubble boy...same time I am also playing a $5 + $.50 just to kill some time...shorter stacked again with $750...I get dealt A/J in the BB there is a min raise ahead of me to $240 blinds were 60/120...I re-raise all in...get a call behind me and the original raiser calls...the original raiser and I flip A/J and the other one flips A/10...dominated...flop comes 310A all clubs...of course...buh bye...perhaps my style is not suited for the online game...I am more of a TAG player and wait patiently sometimes for anything resembling a hand to be aggressive with...

anyway just me venting, or whining if you want to call it that but methinks SC is done with online for real money...I'll play fake or free rolls...and just continue playing as much live with buddies as I can...

anyone else fed up or stopped playing? interested to hear your takes...and if I am being a whiney bitch just tell me and I'll shut up...
Eaglebauer
Elwood

Post by Eaglebauer »

Frustration aside, your opponents' calls in those S'n'G's may not be so bad as they appear. Depending on their stack sizes, it could be in their interest to take what would normally be a -EV (negative expected value) play to knock you out.

I don't play S'n'G's. I don't know the full strategy involved, and there *is* a proper strategy that can be a lot different from normal cash game, and even Multi-table tournament play. Maybe you should research it and see if your game has any holes you weren't aware of.

I'm playing on Full Tilt now too after Doyle's Room pulled out of the U.S. last month. Only about 4 places left to play for U.S. citizens. Can't say I love it. Cash games are significantly harder than places like Doyle's.... much much more agrressive and thus bigger bankroll swings, and I don't like mixing it up like that if I don't have to - I like my fish loose and passive. So I'm dropping in stakes a little so the swings don't take such a toll on the old ticker.