Firefox Problem

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Firefox Problem

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Don't know if any of you guys have seen this recently, but it's been happening on both my work laptop (P4) and home (PM). When I first open Firefox, the user interface will freeze on the program for 5-20 seconds, then work like normal.

Anyone else seen this?
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I had that problem for a while. Then I cleaned a whole assload of Adware/Spyware off my machine. Problem solved.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Thanks BSmack, ran spyware and removed a crapload of stuff. Still havin' the problem :x
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Your whole computer will freeze, or just Firefox?

Are you using any extensions?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Just firefox. Any time a new firefox window is opened (i.e. when I first open the program...when a popup window comes up if I'm online shopping...etc.) the program becomes unresponsive for that new window. Then after 15 seconds or so, it becomes operable.

I am only using a different theme, no proxy extensions or anything like that. Basic as hell.

It's now happening on each of my computers...just checked the home desktop and it's doing the same thing. The only thing I can reason is that a recent windows update has caused this bug to occur. It would be too strange of a coincidence for all three rigs to have this problem within a week of each other.

I tried looking in the developer forums and couldn't find a thing on it.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Found the answer.

SwitchProxy was messing me up, because I had "notify me of updates" selected.

Thanks for responding, fellas.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Hey there is nothing that says you can't answer your own question. :P