Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RACK!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Now that the Patriots are done I will have to go ahead and RACK the hell out of that........
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

3 weeks until pitchers and catchers report to spring training
5 weeks until all players report to spring training
7 weeks until JD Drew reports to the DL
why is my neighborhood on fire
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Bizzarofelice wrote:3 weeks until pitchers and catchers report to spring training
5 weeks until all players report to spring training
7 weeks until JD Drew reports to the DL

Hazel thinks that's a HOOT!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Last season with the Tigers just caught me and many others by surprise...this year, TigerFan has high expectations. Can't wait until the new season starts!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

ooops

when it said pitchers and catchers, i assumed this thread was about KC Kid and Orc.
Tyrone
Crack Whore

Post by Tyrone »

Adios, fuckface.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Adelpiero wrote:ooops

when it said pitchers and catchers, i assumed this thread was about KC Kid and Orc.
:?
Frank Football
I'm Frank About Football

Post by Frank Football »

Au revoir,Cunt. Pardon my French.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

8 weeks until the Devil Rays are officially eliminated from the Playoff Race.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Manny being Manny is in mid-season form. What a tool. Can't wait for this cunt to quit on his team again this year:::

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Manny Ramirez, who received permission from the Red Sox to report late to spring training for family reasons, was scheduled to attend a car auction in New Jersey on Saturday, according to the promoter of the auction.

It wasn't immediately clear if the team was aware of Ramirez's scheduled appearance at the Atlantic City Classic Cars Auction. Boston's first full-squad workout is Thursday. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the deadline for players to report to camp is next Tuesday.

Earlier Wednesday, Boston general manager Theo Epstein said Ramirez has an excused absence and will report on March 1 for the second straight year. On Monday, pitcher Julian Tavarez, Ramirez's close friend, said the slugger's mother recently had surgery and Ramirez was with her in Florida.

But later Wednesday, Ramirez's plans to appear at the car show surfaced in a report posted on The Boston Globe's Web site. It said Ramirez's mother's condition might prevent him from attending -- and it wasn't known when the appearance was initially scheduled.

But Louise Cunningham, who works for G. Potter King, the Berlin, N.J., car dealer promoting the auction, told The Associated Press that Ramirez was still expected at the event.

"All we know, he's coming at noon on Saturday, nothing else," she said.

Ramirez is a collector of classic cars. His 1967 four-door Lincoln Continental Sedan convertible is listed in Saturday's auction as number 1747A. In parentheses on the auction list is a note: Owned by Manny Ramirez.

Earlier Wednesday, after Boston's other position players underwent physicals and did conditioning runs, Epstein said he had spoken Tuesday with Ramirez's agent, Greg Genske. Epstein also said manager Terry Francona had talked with Genske and Ramirez.

"The communication was actually pretty good," Epstein said. "I think the most important thing is just accountability starting March 1 from then on out."

Epstein made no mention of the car show. Neither Epstein nor Genske returned e-mails seeking comment.

"He's got a family situation," Epstein said. "I think the important thing from our perspective at this point is when he does show up on March 1 that he's ready to go, accountable to his teammates, accountable to the organization."

Francona said Wednesday, "It's a family issue."

Ramirez asked to be traded after the last two seasons and was the subject of trade talks at the July 31 deadline in 2005. He also missed most of the final six weeks last season with what the team called right knee tendinitis. There was speculation he was physically able to play.

The car auction is scheduled for Thursday through Sunday at the Atlantic City Convention Center. It includes a 1,200-car auction, a swap meet, a "muscle car" showcase and an antique sale with cars starting at $50,000 minimum bid.

Ramirez is scheduled to make $18 million this season, the seventh of his eight-year, $160 million contract.

"It's a two-way street," Epstein said. "There's a certain amount of accountability that's expected. That's the way it's going to be going forward."

Ramirez has performed well on the field in his six seasons with the Red Sox, with at least 33 homers and 102 RBIs each year.

"Manny's still crazy," teammate David Ortiz said Wednesday with a big smile. "I'm still babysitting him.

"Things happen, man. It's not something that you can really control. His mom had surgery a while back. I'd be doing the same thing if I still had my mom alive and she got sick. I'd be trying to be with her," Ortiz said.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Manny being Manny is in mid-season form. What a tool. Can't wait for this cunt to quit on his team again this year:::

Every team has their player stories.. Think of all the relationship problems that the Yankees are having....

A-Rod and Jeter no longer are sleeping together. Mussina and Pavano don't get along, Shef, Big Unit, etc...

TAMPA - Shortly after arriving at Yankees camp yesterday, Alex Rodriguez finally set the record straight about his relationship with Derek Jeter.
"You go from sleeping over at somebody's house five days a week and now you don't sleep over," Rodriguez said. "It's not that big of a deal."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story ... 0817c.html

ImageImageImage

Carl Pavano threw for eight minutes with the rest of the presumed starters and looked good. He seems to be in great shape.

On Wednesday, Joe Torre said Pavano has “sizable” work to do in terms of restoring the faith of his teammates.

Asked about that today, Pavano grimaced. “That’s Joe’s opinion,” he said. He then went on to blame his image problem on the media. Twice, in fact.

Mike Mussina disagreed. Speaking slowly and with deliberation, he eviscerated Pavano for about 10 minutes.

“It’s a situation that he needs to show a lot of people that he wants to go out there and pitch for us,” Mussina said. “It got to a point where we didn’t want to hear about it or talk about it. I’ve never had a situation like that.”

Asked if Pavano should get the benefit of the doubt, Mussina didn’t hesitate.

“No, not yet,” he said.

http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/2007/02/1 ... m-mussina/

Jeter errors as Captain!

Yes, Manny is a definite fly in the Red Sox ointment. Sox Brass not offering a contract to Schilling, overpaying for Dice-K and J.D. Drew are big problems but at least there doesn't seem to be "relationship" problems. (that we know about!!!)