Uncle Jemima continues to make a fool out of himself....

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mal
Keepin' it real

Uncle Jemima continues to make a fool out of himself....

Post by Mal »

Talk about tarnishing your image.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Shell did not name the person, but said it was not a coach or a player. He said the person has been calling media members around the country and criticizing coaches.
At least somebody in the organization has the balls to say what everyone else has known since about week 2.
Shell said. "I sit back and I watch things happen
Aint that the fucking truth.
Shell's latest comments came in response to questions about his decision Tuesday to demote Tom Walsh from his role of offensive coordinator to tight ends coach and replace him with John Shoop.
His decision? Laughable.... Al made that call and everyone fucking damn well knows it. For once I applaud the godfather for interfering.
When you root against me, you're rooting against the Raiders," Shell said. "When you root against Tom Walsh, you're rooting against the Raiders.
Talk about reeking of desperation. Just shut the fuck up and go away Art. You have managed to place Raiderfan in a position of longing for the Norv Turner days.
Shell said the "character assassination" began soon after he was hired in February to begin his second stint as Raiders coach.
I heard this bullshit the first time around. We don't crack on you because of what the insider is saying Art. We crack on you because you are a clueless tree stump on the sidelines. And what the fuck are you always writing on that fucking clipboard while the game slips away???
Every organization should be here on the same page, from the bottom up, from the groundskeeper on up. Everybody should be on the same page, trying to do the right things, trying to help this organization win. I went to Kansas City, that's the way it was. It was like that. Every individual was on board. Atlanta, every individual was on board. And it should be like that here."
Talk to daddy Al about that.
The Raiders were last in the league in passing offense and total offense, 21st in rushing offense, and have allowed a league-high 53 sacks.
But Art was gonna fix the O line right? Good plan Hartless. Take a very questionable line to begin with and ask them to hold blocks longer than anyone else in the league. That will help us out.

This isn't Madden dipshit....

Opposing teams are averaging nearly 5 sacks a game.

What is the sack record for a season?

We have to be approaching it.

No wonder Walter went public.
Walsh had come under criticism because he had been out of the NFL since 1994 and spent the past seven years running a bed and breakfast and serving as mayor of Swan Valley, Idaho.

Shell said it was very difficult to demote his friend.
Difficult?

I find it difficult to watch you fumble and bumble on the sidelines every week. This organization is going backwards rapidly and if not for the defensive effort we would be staring at 0-11 right about now.

1977 called, they want their offense back.

How often can you call a 2-9 team overachievers?

We win in spite of our coaches, not because of them.

Go fuck yourself Art.

Please Al, open the fucking wallet and hire a real coach in the offseason.
kcdave
crusader

Re: Uncle Jemima continues to make a fool out of himself....

Post by kcdave »

mvscal wrote:Might as well give Rob Ryan a shot. He seems to be the only one on that staff who knows what he's doing.
What exactly is he doing? Preparing for the Iditarod? Searching for the homeless shelter? Trying to become a member of the Hells Angels? If I didnt know better, Id swear he was the dirtbag riding on the back of a trash truck I saw here in KC on Monday.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Weak shit. Ryan is doing a great job, as is his brother on the other coast. That guy should at least be considered for the coaching gig, but a great coordinator does not necessarily make an even good head coach.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

That's right, a good coordinator doesn't necessarily = a good head coach.

Last year and the year before Raider Nation was slamming Son of Buddy for being a total asshead.
Somehow everyone seems to have forgotten that.
I haven't.

Dude had Tyler Brayton chasing receivers downfield, he refused to go to a 4-3 defense -- even common sense said the team's personnel was much better suited for it.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I suppose "being black" was not the only reason Shell was never hired by other NFL teams. Eat a dick Wilbon.
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Last year and the year before Raider Nation was slamming Son of Buddy for being a total asshead.
Somehow everyone seems to have forgotten that.
I haven't.
RACK

How quickly some forget.

A ways back Ryan had us playing a 3/4 with one legitimate LB on the entire roster.

But hey Tyler Brayton and Grant Irons had no trouble covering receivers playing out of position.

Now because he grows his hair out and and is anti Shell(emotional) on the sidelines suddenly he is a hot commidity.

Dude has several promising high defensive draft picks developing quickly. The D had damn well better be improved.

Brayton, Asomugha, Washington, Williams, Howard, Morrison, and Huff were all drafted high over the last few years.

That is a promising set of defensive youngsters right there.

I'll give Ryan props for improving the D over a period of time but I don't consider him head coachign material.

Then again neither is Shell.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Looks like its Mike Lombardi that Shell was referring to.

Raiders implode as Shell explodes
Column by Monte Poole
Article Last Updated:12/01/2006 07:59:44 AM PST

THE OBSOLESCENCE of Al Davis has not been graceful. A man who wielded power like a wrecking ball has become bitter and ineffectual, unable to stop his beloved Raiders from plunging into an unprecedented irrelevance.
And now, with Al's health subjected to rumors and speculation, as his kingdom crumbles, the 77-year-old owner's top football lieutenants are squaring off.

The power struggle between first-year head coach Art Shell and eighth-year senior administrator Mike Lombardi, behind the scenes since Shell arrived in February, tumbled into the streets this week.

The coach on Wednesday stood before the local media and carved Lombardi into pieces, leaving only a pile of steaming bones.

Shell presented a detailed evaluation of alleged disloyalties, saying he had grown tired of the bad-mouthing and back-stabbing, that it was disruptive to the goals of the organization. He called it "an attack on my family."

"I won't sit back and allow it to happen any more," Shell said. "When they root against me, they're rooting against the Raiders."

Without once mentioning Lombardi by name, the coach left no doubt he was the target.

Insofar as Shell conceded he had not addressed the individual, the purpose of this eruption is open to question.

For a coach who believes in problem-solving within the framework of the organization, it's odd that Shell, a man's man if there ever was one, chose to deliver his message through the media rather than confront

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lombardi face to face. They share a workplace.
Maybe Shell simply couldn't hold back this burst of emotion. He generally is mellow and slow to anger, so we can assume this had been eating at him for a while. Which gets back to the more significant issue. The unrest and disgust among the Raiders touches not just the locker room but every door in the building. It has become a toxic cloud, sickening everybody in its wake.

There are player-coach conflicts, with Art battling Jerry Porter, Andrew Walter, LaMont Jordan and, to a lesser degree, Randy Moss. Many members of the offense were ready to grab the collar and shake the color out of former offensive coordinator Tom Walsh.

There are player-player issues, notably Warren Sapp pointedly advising Moss to shut up and play.

There is player-owner conflict, too, unless you believe Davis is not orchestrating Porter's mysterious disuse.

There is player-organization dissension, too, with Porter itching to escape and Moss taking time each week to go on radio and express his desire to get out.

Are we all starting to understand why this team is 2-9?

And why this organization will, for the first time, put together four consecutive losing seasons?

Some teams claim to thrive in the face of discord.

The Oakland A's of the 1970s were famous for winning championships despite internal beefing. Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant expressed open contempt while winning championships. Michael Almighty Jordan detested Bulls general manager Jerry Krause.

But these Raiders are not built to win with less than the best of each other. Not enough overall talent. Too many combustible components. And, above all, the glaring lack of a single, vibrant, unquestioned hand of power.

There's Al, at the top, barking at shadows but plainly without the vigor and presence he once possessed.

There's chief executive Amy Trask, who operates as ruthlessly as Al once did — but applies herself mostly to the team's business/marketing aspects.

There's Lombardi, the longtime football man who basically moved into Bruce Allen's former position, theoretically handling whatever details were passed along by Al, while providing a bridge between owner and coach.

And there's Shell, one of Al's favorite players, a former Raiders coach summoned to the rescue of this flailing franchise.

So they end up with the coach, a man some claim was brought back to grab the torch from Al, basically calling a news conference to rip into the man who has his own ideas about who should take the torch.

s was followed by Lombardi's off-the-record defense of himself, followed by Mike speculating on what may have led up to Shell's outburst — and who may have put him up to it.

Indeed, these two are practically staking claims to Al's throne — while he's still in it.

The Raiders have reached a point where there is a comprehensive breakdown in trust, where the belief system has been shattered. Nobody believes in anybody else — no matter how much authority they supposedly have.

Thus, we have rampant self-preservation, killing the kind of team spirit Shell has seen elsewhere around the NFL.

"I went to Kansas City, that's the way it was," he said. "Every individual was on board. Atlanta, every individual on board. And it should be like that here."

The drama, outrage and madness in this team's house makes the New York Giants look like a roomful of stuffed lambs. There is no solidarity in Oakland, much less esprit de corps.

The paranoia that once manifested itself with a certain hostility toward those outside the organization has come home to roost. The Raiders have met yet another enemy, only to realize it is them.

I can't help thinking this wouldn't be happening, if Al Davis were the man he used to be.

Monte Poole can be reached at (510) 208-6461 or by e-mail at mpoole@angnewspapers.com.

This is some Days of Our Lives bullshit!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro