joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Way to wrap up Pinkle till 2011.....BAWAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAA
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Half the point of contract-extensions is recruiting, having the guys you are after knowing you are under contract for the time they will be there. Mizzou can still lose Pinkel if they need to. But I'd still say Mizzou jumped the gun. If KU wins, which they have a good shot of, next week Mizzou will have had one of the biggest meltdowns in the country. Hardly a ringing endorsement of Pinkel. I'd have at-least waited til season's end, make the guy show you something before you show him anymore cash.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

How no one has turned them in a winner is beyond me. They're the only major football university in a state with two huge cities in the same state as one of the Big 12 championship sites. They have a huge talent pool in KC and St Louis.

I think they're gunshy. They've gone on this carousel before with the coaches prior. I think the fact that were out to one of their best starts ever with a sophomore QB gave them hope.
montinelevin
Chiming For Fags

Post by montinelevin »

At Large wrote:How no one has turned them in a winner is beyond me. They're the only major football university in a state with two huge cities in the same state as one of the Big 12 championship sites. They have a huge talent pool in KC and St Louis.
I guess you've never been to Missouri / Misery.

If a coached asked you if you'd like to spend the next 4 years in your life in Columbia... you'd run too.

Even kids that can't read and write... have eyes.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Must say I was OK with the extension.

I do remember Tom Osborne stating Missouri could be a sleeping giant in college football.
Guess they can't find anyone to wake them up.

I dunno Mizzou fan, do the pro sports detract enough people to whole heartly care about MU football?
Does it hurt the program?

I remember the Dan Devine days and they were pretty damn salty back in the day.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

montinelevin wrote:
At Large wrote:How no one has turned them in a winner is beyond me. They're the only major football university in a state with two huge cities in the same state as one of the Big 12 championship sites. They have a huge talent pool in KC and St Louis.
I guess you've never been to Missouri / Misery.

If a coached asked you if you'd like to spend the next 4 years in your life in Columbia... you'd run too.

Even kids that can't read and write... have eyes.
mtool, go away, the big boys are talking.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nice of the Big XII official to call Pinkel and tell him that the holding call that cost us the game at Ames was bogus. Every Tiger fan feels much better now. Thanks a lot.

Two years in a row of losing to a coach on the road in his last game who's retiring. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Mizzou beats the living dogcrap out of Kansas this Saturday. You can take that to the bank.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

What the hell?

I know Mizzou was better than A&M this year. Hell, look at their common opponents and their scores. :meds: Even look at their head to head? :meds:
Any Misery fans still think they have abetter team than A&M?

In any case, I'm shocked to see this dung-hole gets 3 more years. Hell...he should be on the hot seat.

Oh well....maybe 3 or more 4 more moral victories over us and you can call some :bode: :meds:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JeffintheCuse
Crack Whore

Post by JeffintheCuse »

AS long as they don't schedule Troy again, Pinkel should be fine. 8) :meds:
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Re: Gary Stinkel gets a 3 year extension

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Adelpiero wrote:Pinkel gets a 3 year extension.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sin,

Big 12 North

Fuck Yeah

Sin,

Running backs in Big12 South
And the rest of the Big XII goes wild!!
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

War Wagon wrote:Nice of the Big XII official to call Pinkel and tell him that the holding call that cost us the game at Ames was bogus. Every Tiger fan feels much better now. Thanks a lot.

Two years in a row of losing to a coach on the road in his last game who's retiring. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Mizzou beats the living dogcrap out of Kansas this Saturday. You can take that to the bank.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Kiss of death!

KU makes it 12 out of the last 14 and wins going away...........MU is KU's bitch!!
Find'em hot, leav'em wet