Un-fucking-believeable

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Un-fucking-believeable

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Or, let me rant about Steinbrenner a little more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=r ... pe=fantasy

Let me see if I've got this straight: you've got a guy who:
  1. is 38 years old;
  2. missed most of last season with injuries;
  3. has a reputation as a clubhouse cancer every single place he's ever played in his entire career;
  4. has made it abundantly clear that he's not interested in returning; and
  5. you screwed the pooch a couple of years back by signing instead of Vladimir Guerrero (although that's a topic for another thread . . .)
and you want to pick up his option????? :brad: x infinity. Or, if I could be a bit more levelheaded right now, I'd use one of the favorite words of one of my (few) fellow Yankee fans on this board: ponderous.

It's time for Steinbrenner to go. Yesterday. Period, end of discussion. Shit-for-brains is an ABSOLUTE FUCKING ABORTION as an owner. I hope he dies a slow, painful death.

We're the Yankees. We're supposed to be baseball royalty, for Chrissakes. Instead, we're owned by an incompetent boob who's spent the last 34 years running the organization like a glorified version of the Chicago Fuckin' Cubs.

There isn't anything wrong with the Yankees that wouldn't be improved -- dramatically -- by a change in ownership. We won't get #27 until we get a new owner.

And sorry to burst your bubble, RF, but all real Yankee fans hate this guy with a passion.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Wrong. They are picking up the option so they can trade him and get some pitching prospects. It's actually a smart move. Why let him walk away when you can get 2 or more young players. Plus it keeps him from signing with Boston.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

JCT wrote:Wrong. They are picking up the option so they can trade him and get some pitching prospects. It's actually a smart move. Why let him walk away when you can get 2 or more young players.
If you can trade him, more power to you. But he's got a lot of baggage at this point in his career that keeps his trade value down.
Plus it keeps him from signing with Boston.
Not a possibility that exactly strikes fear in my heart.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I wanted to vomit when I heard the guys on local radio today suggest the Tigers go and get him. No thank you...I'd rather keep that curly-haired first pitch-swinging goof in right field that they've got now.
Ucant#-463,721

Post by Ucant#-463,721 »

JCT wrote:Wrong. They are picking up the option so they can trade him and get some pitching prospects. It's actually a smart move. Why let him walk away when you can get 2 or more young players. Plus it keeps him from signing with Boston.

RACK every sentence in this post.

I don't know where you get your info from, Terry, but the Sox need RF/1B help. He'd be perfect fit in Boston. You don't want him going there....
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Ucant#-463,721 wrote:
JCT wrote:Wrong. They are picking up the option so they can trade him and get some pitching prospects. It's actually a smart move. Why let him walk away when you can get 2 or more young players. Plus it keeps him from signing with Boston.

RACK every sentence in this post.

I don't know where you get your info from, Terry, but the Sox need RF/1B help. He'd be perfect fit in Boston. You don't want him going there....
I never said the Red Sox wouldn't go after him. I said it wouldn't scare me if they did.
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Still think Steinbrenner is an idiot, Terry?
well kiss my ass and call it rosy
Tinker to Evers to Chance
Crack Whore

Post by Tinker to Evers to Chance »

Since when do the Yankees trade for young guys?
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Goddamned Cubsfan.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

General Peters wrote:Still think Steinbrenner is an idiot, Terry?

Humberto Sanchez won't get the Yankees to the World Series next year but the trade does give them some arms for the future.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

General Peters wrote:Still think Steinbrenner is an idiot, Terry?
Laxplayer wrote:Sincerely, Jay Buehner for Ken Phelps.
I'll see Lax' Jay Buehner for Ken Phelps, and raise you a Willie McGee for Bob Sykes.

Does that answer your question?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'll counter for the Gambler for future WS MVP Scotty B (Gooooo, U&L!!!!!!!).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

What about the Yanks trading for Steve Trout a few years ago?
Wait.......Steve Kemp
There's more where that came from......