Neb vs. Tex

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Neb vs. Tex

Post by bradhusker »

there is no way in hell that texas comes into our crib, and comes out with a win,
the defense will stop the run, and make their rookie freshman Qb beat us, if he is up to the task, then so be it,
its time callahan opens up the playbook, BIG TIME, no more fucking around, we win this game, and we move up in the polls, BIG TIME,
this is the game that really defines our football season, of course, even if we lose, we still can take the north div. THAT BEING SAID, we are gonna fuck the horns, fuck em' all day long!
WELCOME TO LINCOLN!! ya fairies, we're sending ya back to austin, in a body bag,
personally? I'd like to knock that freshman QB out of the game, just like we knocked out usc's fullback, for the entire season,
that would be a nice bonus, dont ya think?
neb, 28 tex, 24
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Hey fuck face, what is the Big Red home win streak up to now? Doesn't really matter because no matter who is under center The Horns always find a way to win in Lincoln. Kind of like a home game since we own your ass there.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

you talkin' to me? huh pussy?
remember the big 12 championship game in 99? the one where nebraska sent major applewhite to the hospital? we physically fucked ya big time, or has your memory been clogged from slurping to much jizz?
GET OUT THE SMELLING SALTS, we're gonna knock your sissy freshman QB out!!!! knock him the FUCK out! welcome to Lincoln ya fairy fuck, your going back to austin in an urn, ya little cunt.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Since the creation of the Big 12 Nebraska is an impressive 1-5 versus Texas. Maybe you need a brief history lesson fuck face. Well here it is in chronological order....

Even though there are no scoreboards present in any picture, rest assured everyone knows the final outcome in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, and 2003. Make no mistake Colt, Jevan, or Steven Hawking can quarterback Texas past the poor sad remains of the once great team.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Texas by 17.

:brad:
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

I liked the old brad better.......................
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I haven't posted too much on this game because, well I haven't been thinking of it.

Here is how I feel

Texas will run all over Nebraska
Texas will pass on Nebraska at will
Texas will completely shut down the Nebraska passing game
Texas will be up to the task of stopping the Nebraska passing game.

Final score:
Texas 35
bugeaters 13
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Neb vs. Tex

Post by War Wagon »

bradhusker wrote:...comes into our crib...
brad, you don't have a "crib".

In Lincoln, the Husker fans applaud the opposing team for a good effort. They're w/o a doubt the classiest fans in CF, bar none. Don't sully that image.

Drop the Hurrigansta Goldtoof U impression if you want to gain a shred of credibility.

Texas rolls.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

teleboy,

I'm sure you've been waiting for someone to ask. What's up with the avatar? Don't recognize your team there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

For this to be a real Texas/Husker thread it needs post from Shaz
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I was assuming it was the Texas State Bobcats. Am I wrong on that one?
Nope
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Frisco I guess you didn't get that Aggie/TSU Thursday night hurricane game up in your neck of the woods last season.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Texas State is where my degree is from. Texas is who I root for in the sports world. Grew up in Austin with diehard Longhorn fans as parents and grandparents with season tickets all the way back to the mid 60's.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Vito Corleone wrote:I haven't posted too much on this game because, well I haven't been thinking of it.
Final score:
Texas 35
bugeaters 13
That's obvious.

Oh yeah, I'm not Shaz but...wtf.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Snake wrote:I liked the old brad better.......................
rack
Those who stay will be champions.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Sorry Corn, I sometimes forget that there are still quality bugeaters on this board.

I prefer quality discussion to banter (sans RRR week and t+1)

I think this is going to be a very entertaining game, the Texas secondary is pretty banged up and we are having to rely on 3 freshmen for big minutes. I expect to see nebraska tourch us severa times per game.

Of all the teams Nebraska has beaten only one will likely go to a bowl game. The one game against a truely quality opponent resulted in Callahan going ultra conservative. I have not seen enough of him to know if he will do this again.

I do know that there is no way he is going to establish a meaningful running game unless he starts hurting Texas in the passing game.

The Nebraska oline has pushed a lot fo people around but the Texas dline is probably the best they will face all year, Crowder and Robison are looking like All Americans. How good is the Texas front 7? AD managed only two rushes over 10 yards against us.

The Texas oline has been pretty dominate, including games against tOSU and blOwU, both have dlines that are better than Nebraska's. Nebraska's secondary is pretty suspect and Limas Sweed is turning in a All conference performance this season. So far he has scored a touchdown in every game except tOSU. I see him making some big plays to keep the defense honest enough for the running game to rip off big runs.

Nebraska will score but Texas should pretty much dominate from start to finish.

I look for a much closer game in the B-12 championship

I found an intersting little tidbit on Texas QB Colt McCoy. McCoy is currently 3rd in the nation in touchdown passes but he has only tossed the ball 147 times this season.
McCoy among leaders

Through the first seven starts of his career, redshirt freshman Colt McCoy ranks third in the nation in touchdown passes with 18.

He's five behind Hawaii's Colt Brennan and one in back of Texas Tech's Graham Harrell. However, McCoy has significantly fewer attempts than the two leaders. He's thrown 147 passes to Brennan's 242 and Harrell's 316.

On Saturday, McCoy faces a Nebraska defense that has allowed only seven touchdown passes through seven games.
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content ... notes.html
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

Vito Corleone wrote:
I prefer quality discussion to banter (sans RRR week and t+1)
Nice to see some actual discussion. I am not about to say we are going to dominate this game. I know we will need some big plays and a couple of breaks to come out on top. I do think we have a shot. I agree that our shot is through the air. If Callahan actual tries to win this game we have a shot. I don't think we will be too successful running the ball straight at them. One thing that really bothers me about the play calling is that everyone in the stadium knows what we are doing on most downs. We either have 2 tight ends and 2 Rb's and run the ball, or we have shotgun with 4 wide and pass. He needs to mix up the formations a little. If we let the UT front seven pin their ears back it could be a long day.

If we keep Grixby as far away from Sweed as possible our defense has a shot to slow them down. I would be that 70% of the passes this year against the Huskers have been to whoever Grixby is covering. Everyone watches tape and knows he is the one to attack.

I do like that Cosgrove turned the Defense loose last week and sent some LB's. I hate that he mostly sits back in a 2 deep zone and lets teams pick us apart. Hopefully he is learning that we have to bring pressure to give our DB's a chance. I am just hoping they don't go back and find the USC game plan on either side of the ball, even though our Defense didn't play too bad in that game, but we got some help as Booty wasn't hitting some open guys.

Nebraska 28
Texas 24

Stuck in Pac-10 country where everyone thinks this is "REAL" football.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

In all seriousness I'd really want to fire any coach about whom the fans of his team are constantly saying, "If Coach would at least try to win the game..."

How many times do we need to hear that about Callahan before the AD and the university president there finally remember that christ, this is Nebraska we're talking about here. Nebraska doesn't line up with the hopes of not getting beaten too badly...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

Everyone is mostly talking about the USC game, so as long as I don't see that again I will live with him. It does drive me crazy that he goes into ultra conservative mode after getting a 14 point lead on anyone. He doesn't seem to understand that in college football you have to go for the kill. 14 points is nothing if the momentum swings the other way. He has done this 3 weeks in a row and gotten away with it, barely against Kansas.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Sometimes ultra conservative isn't the coaches fault. For Texas greg davis was the guy calling the shots and making the conservative game plan. Against blOwU Mack forced him to open up the playbook and take some shots downfield, the result is that Davis looks like a genius and Texas wins going away in the 2nd half.

I don't know who called the plays the bugeaters but against USC it probably had more to do with the notion that after watching game film they thought they could run the ball. I doubt they will get the same idea after watching Texas game film, so far no one has run the ball against us.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Of all the teams Nebraska has beaten only one will likely go to a bowl game. The one game against a truely quality opponent resulted in Callahan going ultra conservative. I have not seen enough of him to know if he will do this again.
IMO, this is almost a wash. Save for the OU victory, the only other victory you guys have over a winning team is Sam Houston.

Record of NU opponents: 22-24
Record of Texas opponents: 25-21
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

With the collective strength of schedule in mind I feel the winner of this game will have an inside shot at the BCS Championship this year. A team able to survive that kind of scheduling should be feared by all.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

I have no elusions of NU lining up man per man against the superior talent of Texas and beating them in a game of no turn-overs, no untimely penalties, or a game free of un-forseen special teams big plays.
However, any of the above in Nebraska's favor plus the fact it's a home game would make this anything but a Texas blow-out.

I believe it's interesting most everyone feels NU must pass the ball to open up the run game. I don't necessarliy disagree with that notion as UT does have a great d-line, most saying Mack Brown's best ever. But what I've seen from Callahan, in spite of the slow down game at USC, he'll probably believe he can run between the tackles simply because everyone believes he can't.
Therein lies his demeanor. "I'll do what I WANT when I WANT."

And then he'll surprize with a fake FG or fake punt.

What I expect is just that. He'll have a couple things up his sleeve and NU has not misfired with such plays since Callahan and crew have been in place. (Probably just jinxed 'em)

On offense I think misdirection is the name of the game against that fast d-line, play action with dump-offs to backs and tightends, the timely draw, quick slants and bubble screens. Get our backs in space on linebackers.
Quick plays with no drops over three steps.
Make Texas react, not attack.

NU must win the time of possession. I think the defense will get some stops what with the emotion of playing in front of a loud crowd. But Texas will move the ball and score without a doubt. Sweed will get his plays. Charles is the guy that scares me the most with his cut-back ablility and vision.

I could slant the McCoy newbie card, but I don't expect him to play like a red-shirt freshman. Brown has been keeping it somewhat simple for him so I think he'll be what Texas expects him to be.

Also, I mentioned it would be his first game away from Texas ever in another thread. What I'd like to remind people, is Texas got the crap scared out if them at Kansas and at Okie St. last year and a guy named Vince Young pretty much saved there ass single handedly. Could McCoy pull off such an effort in a hostile enviorment? I hope we get a chance to find out.

If NU can keep them somewhat on the sideline, and not make the big mistake, I truly believe they can win this game.

Really, the emotion and desire will be strong on the NU sideline, that's something that can carry a college team, even when outmanned.

But than again, I'm a homer.
AZhusker
Crack Whore

Post by AZhusker »

Cornhusker wrote:
I believe it's interesting most everyone feels NU must pass the ball to open up the run game. I don't necessarliy disagree with that notion as UT does have a great d-line, most saying Mack Brown's best ever. But what I've seen from Callahan, in spite of the slow down game at USC, he'll probably believe he can run between the tackles simply because everyone believes he can't.
Therein lies his demeanor. "I'll do what I WANT when I WANT."
I don't mind the gameplan being to run between the tackles if he thinks he can, but also needs to adjust. I think the worst thing about Callahan is that he is stubborn. He sticks with what he decides no matter if it works or not. The same thing was said about Osborne though. The difference is he didn't have much choice with the guys he had playing. The greatest thing about Osborne was his ability to adjust at halftime. It looked like a different team from the first half to the second in most games. I also believe this is what killed Solich. He would be successful in the first quarter, then the defense would adjust to what he was doing, but he couldn't adjust during the game. I hope Callahan can learn to adjust to what is working in a particular game.

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

On paper, NU shouldn't win this game, but I think you'll see them very focused. They get a second chance at trying to show they're a better program. It's at home. It'll be a little cold, damp and windy. Look for NU's three top backs to all get touches as NU will attempt to drive it home against Texas' defense, which according to Texans, should be impossible.

As much as Colt McCoy is the next Ron Paulous (sp?), who is on track to win 3 Heismans, he still is human. It's the first road test for him.

This game has shades of 1999 written all over it. A more-talented NU team goes down to Texas as a 9-point favorite, but is starting a green Eric Crouch. NU outyards Texas, but turns the ball over something like 5 times and loses. I can only hope it's NU's turn.

NU 20, Texas 16
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Texas is about to blow this game. Shit.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

ANyone else feel like the wanna throw up?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

campinfool wrote:Nebraska blew this game.
Fixed.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Oh go fuck yourself you dick.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

War Wagon wrote:Texas almost blew this game.
More like it. Did you happen to watch the whole game or just the last 5 minutes?

Zach Taylor really impressed this Longhorn Fan, as did the brutal Cornhusker run D. Our line coudln't open a whole if their lives depended on it against those guys. When the snow started falling I worried. When we had to go against the wind in the fourth I worried. When the hail mary went into the air TWICE, I worried. Great game though, as expected.

And our kicker needs the dunce cap. Unacceptable.
Last edited by PrimeX on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote:
campinfool wrote:Nebraska blew this game.
Fixed.
Only you could have watched that game and thought that NU blew it. Texas dominated. We have a shitty kicker and he almost cost us the game.

I would be more worried about losing to another team you should beat.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

What happened to our blitzing schemes in the second half? I don't recall seeing but a handful after watching the blitz dominate their offense in the first two quarters.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I'm sad, pissed, and proud all at the same time. I'm sad we lost. I'm pissed at Nunn for not holding onto the fucking ball when NU had the first down. I'm pissed at Mushmouth for his incessant cock sucking of Colt McCoy. I'm proud of our guys. They didn't quit. I hope they realize this is not the end of their season and tank it from here.

Speaking of Mushmouth, did you know that this was Colt McCoy's first ever game outside of the state of Texas? Ever? Seriously. I hadn't heard that before, Brent.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Maybe they forgot.

Half-time is like 20 minutes you know
Last edited by Cuda on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PrimeX wrote: Did you happen to watch the whole game or just the last 5 minutes?
Watched most of it, and Texas pretty much dominated.

I almost felt sorry for a moment for the Corn having to choke on that bitter of a loss when they thought they had the game in the bag.

Then I remembered the 'kicked ball' game and came back to my senses.

Bwa-haha... fuck Nebraska.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Go fuck yourself. See you November 4th.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

was cheering for the skers in this one. I hate Musbooger and after all his verbal felatio of McCoyhe never pointed out the fact that he isnt even the best QB in College with the first name "Colt" this season

How the fuck does a team make it two thirds through the month of October and still not played a game out of state? I didnt know the Whorens joined the SEC
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SoCalTrjn wrote:was cheering for the skers in this one. I hate Musbooger and after all his verbal felatio of McCoyhe never pointed out the fact that he isnt even the best QB in College with the first name "Colt" this season

How the fuck does a team make it two thirds through the month of October and still not played a game out of state? I didnt know the Whorens joined the SEC
Whaaaaa......Whaaaaa...Whaaaaa...

Get a life Schmick.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SoCalTrjn wrote: How the fuck does a team make it two thirds through the month of October and still not played a game out of state? I didnt know the Whorens joined the SEC
it's hardly the first time. UT had entire seasons i'd guess in the SWC days where they never left Texas. last year Nebraska didn't play a road game until early October. first 6 games in Lincoln, IIRC.

props to UT's D for making a play when they needed it.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SoCalTrjn wrote:was cheering for the skers in this one. I hate Musbooger and after all his verbal felatio of McCoyhe never pointed out the fact that he isnt even the best QB in College with the first name "Colt" this season

There is another college QB named Colt? And how the hell is this QB better than the Texas Colt when he is 3rd in the NCAA in touchdown passes and has a great passing rating. Oh, you still bitter about the Rose bowl and feel the need to troll whenever possible.

Oh, and great game by the Huskers, I see definate improvement and they should only get better. Callahan called a great game espcially in the 2nd half. Tough break on that fumble, but you guys showed a lot of heart and I was scared as hell that you were going to hit one of those hail marys. I'm looking forward to playing you again in the Big 12.