Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Yahoo! Homer League Sign-Up

Post by Shoalzie »

League ID: 44087
Password: trolls

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

They're doing something similar to this on the NFL board and I liked the idea so much I think it would be a fun thing to do for hockey. We'll take as many participants as we can get and select a team you want to represent...preferrably the team you are rooting for. I'll do the offline draft before the season starts and you'll have a 23 man roster to work with and you can only use players who are actually on the NHL club you are representing. If a player is traded to another team, you have to release them. There is no trading involved...just manage your lineup. You'll start 8 forwards, 4 defensemen and 2 goalies so you actually have some decisions to make instead of going with full 12 forwards and 6 defensemen lineup. The concept is really self-explanatory. When you sign in, make sure you name your team with the team you want to represent. I'll fill out the rosters myself but after that is done, you're free to have whichever players you want from your team.

I would represent the Red Wings but to be fair to the other WingFans on the board, I'll open that up to any of the other fans here. If the team you're a fan of is taken, sign in for now and choose a team that does not have any fan representative. I'm picking the Atlanta Thrashers...I assume we have no fans of the Thrashers here. If there are, I'll pick another team. We can have as many 20 teams...first come, first serve.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

I'm in for the Avalanche. Never done a fantasy team before, but I like the low maintenance concept of this.
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Montreal represent.
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
fenway
beantown booster

Post by fenway »

in
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

In for the 'Canes.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
HockeyMom
Female Sportsfanatic

Post by HockeyMom »

IN FOR THE DEVILS!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

In for the Los Angeles Kings.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

haha... screw you JD.... i am in as the Flames
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Are in
Last edited by fix on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Billdong wrote:haha... screw you JD.... i am in as the Flames
Damn... shouldn't you be hung over from some kegger instead of stealing my team??
Still a FlameFan
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Nine teams in...obviously would like an even number. I'll say the evening of Monday, October 2 is the cut-off and I'll put the rosters together between then and Tuesday so you'll be ready for opening night on Wednesday.

Teams taken so far:
Atlanta
Boston
Calgary
Carolina
Colorado
Los Angeles
Montreal
New Jersey
Toronto
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

in for the the Rangers
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm taking the Red Wings...I've offered them to WolverineSteve and he hasn't accepted. If a WingFan wants to step forward before next Monday, I'll go back to the Thrashers. If not, I'll keep the Wings. With JDB in, that gives us an even 10 so that works for me. Still a few days to join for anyone who might be interested.

Teams taken:
Boston
Calgary
Carolina
Colorado
Detroit
Los Angeles
Montreal
New Jersey
N.Y. Rangers
Toronto
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I want in on this (as Pittsburgh or Florida) but I'll make it an odd number if I do. PM me if I can get in - and if there's any more leagues going, let me know...
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Mrs. Stoll
Jake

Post by Mrs. Stoll »

I want Edmonton if no one is going to take it
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mrs. Stoll wrote:I want Edmonton if no one is going to take it

You can have them...sign up! Nish, that means you can join.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

In as the Senators. Ta, chaps...
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Let's call it good with a dozen...

I've got the draft done now so you've got a few days to re-adjust your roster however you want. Good luck everyone!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

AcidQueen wrote:In for the 'Canes.
You might want to take at least one of your players off the bench..

Toronto Maple Leafs 14
Carolina Hurricanes 0

:lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

AQ at least finished with 5 ties...I'm actually in last place after Week 1. The Wings only scored 3 goals and played 2 games. In most cases, it could come down to how many games your team plays in a week. I have another 2 game week this week but then the Wings play 4 times in Week 3. I think rotiserrie would've worked better for this format but I like the idea of going head-to-head each week. We'll see how this work and whether or not it'll be worth doing beyond this year. I hope AQ fixes her team...I don't to see her fall behind and give anyone an advantage each week.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Shoalzie wrote:AQ at least finished with 5 ties...I'm actually in last place after Week 1. The Wings only scored 3 goals and played 2 games. In most cases, it could come down to how many games your team plays in a week. I have another 2 game week this week but then the Wings play 4 times in Week 3. I think rotiserrie would've worked better for this format but I like the idea of going head-to-head each week. We'll see how this work and whether or not it'll be worth doing beyond this year. I hope AQ fixes her team...I don't to see her fall behind and give anyone an advantage each week.
I guess I shouldn't get used to the top spot, then. The Avs don't play again until Saturday, which means I'm going to tank in the standings.