Washington at Oklahoma

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Washington at Oklahoma

Post by BuddyFramm »

I certainly don't expect a win in this game (I'm a realistic Husky fan) but I expect us to be competitive. This will let us know where the Huskies really stand. The win over San Jose State was expected but there were definitely things to celebrate in the win. 300 team rushing yards, 468 yards of offense, lack of game-changing mistakes, and the play of Isaiah Stanback were all very nice to see. I'm not sure how good UAB is but I'm more hopeful now than I was before last weekend. I'd like to see the Huskies prove that they have gotten better and are ready to compete with top level teams. Hopefully they'll do that in Norman this Saturday. Any thoughts on this game??
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Washington at Oklahoma

Post by Dinsdale »

BuddyFramm wrote:Any thoughts on this game??
OU - 126

UDub - 3
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The Huskies suck. You will probably embarrass the Pac as much as Kal did. Hopefully you won't. Good luck. :meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Actually, this game kind of bothers me, since OU can (rightfully) "look past" UDub to an extent, and start preparing for the week after.

Plus, it gives OU an extra week to prepare to face west coast offense, even though UW is a pretty feeble version of one these days.

Doesn't matter -- two weeks from now, Soonerfan will be lamenting the fact that their team only has the seconed best running back in the country.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Can the ducks change helmets every quarter? Is that even allowed?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Dinsdale wrote:Doesn't matter -- two weeks from now, Soonerfan will be lamenting the fact that their team only has the seconed best running back in the country.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

ha ha ha
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

Like I said, I don't see us winning this game. I'd simply like to see that the Huskies have improved enough to compete with teams like OU. There has been improvement under Willingham. The Huskies averaged 21.5 pts a game last year vs. 14 the year before. Rushing yards allowed dropped from 183 per game to 143 per game. Interceptions thrown dropped from 24 to 8 and total turnovers dropped from 42 to 20. All of this only resulted in a one game improvement over 2004 but the Huskies were more competitive last year. I'm hopeful that the trend will continue this year and even take a big step forward. I see us winning five games this year but OU won't be one of them. Now Oregon on the other hand..........?? Bite me Dinsdale.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

OU 65
Udub 13
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Rack orc. Greatness.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

After seeing OU play this weekend I wouldn't put it past UW being very close in this one. Stack the box to stop Peterson and make Thompson beat you with his arm.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Stanback is a nice QB, and I'd like to see UW back as a good program, but I don't think this weekend is where it starts.
That pretty much sums up where I am on this one. OU got a scare thrown into them last week, so I would expect they'll be playing a little better this week. And Washington struggled a little too much with San Jose State for a program looking to take things to the next level.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Washington and WillingTard are going to get SHITHAMMERED by OU.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

orcinus wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Doesn't matter -- two weeks from now, Soonerfan will be lamenting the fact that their team only has the seconed best running back in the country.
Can I make this my sig?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Also, as for the game, I think that OU wins by somewhere between 15 - 25. I don't think that they're going to be able to consistantly move the ball, and I think that we're going to look better on offense too because of some short fields. The D may even score for OU, but I ALSO feel like they'll give up one big scoring play, like a blown coverage touchdown. No consistant ball movement against us, but you'll have one big explosion.

Also, Ty Willingham coaches UDub. While he's there, don't expect to split any titles with Colorado or anything...

OU 41
UDub: 17

the_ouskull
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Yeah, you're probably right... so just re-read it and take it as a dig at Colorado. :D

the_ouskull
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Dinsdale wrote:two weeks from now, Soonerfan will be lamenting the fact that their team only has the seconed best running back in the country.
Jonathon Stewart is a fucking beast.

OU 42
UW 13
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

After last week I'd look for a stronger effort from OU, especially on D. But outside of Peterson their offense just isn't anything special. Washington struggling to get by San Jose wasn't too impressive. They'll do a little damage but won't really scare OU.

OU 34
Wash 14
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
BuddyFramm
Crack Whore

Post by BuddyFramm »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Washington and WillingTard are going to get SHITHAMMERED by OU.

Yeah, I'm sure thats what you thought about UAB, too. Right??? Thats why they play the games. Upsets happen every week. I'm not predicting one but after watching OU slip by UAB what makes you think UW won't even be competitive? No disrespect to OU but they didn't exactly look scary against UAB.

Say what you want about Willingham but the Huskies have improved since he took over. He'll get them back to respectability. Notre Dame wasn't a good fit for him but Washington may be.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

BuddyFramm wrote:
Jimmy Medalions wrote:Washington and WillingTard are going to get SHITHAMMERED by OU.
Yeah, I'm sure thats what you thought about UAB, too. Right??? Thats why they play the games. Upsets happen every week. I'm not predicting one but after watching OU slip by UAB what makes you think UW won't even be competitive? No disrespect to OU but they didn't exactly look scary against UAB.

Say what you want about Willingham but the Huskies have improved since he took over. He'll get them back to respectability. Notre Dame wasn't a good fit for him but Washington may be.
Jimmah's right. OU is going to cruise in this game.
the_ouskull wrote:OU 41
UDub: 17
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

can I change my prediction, I didnt know that chOklahoma was going to tackle like feCal...

UDub 31
OU 35