This is kinda gross

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

This is kinda gross

Post by PSUFAN »

:?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

Is that the Lionel Ritchie head?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: This is kinda gross

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:Image

:?
While I wouldn't call it gross per se, it was most certainly cheesy...much like the entire ceremony always is.

Still, I could have done w/o seeing that move... again.

Rack Warren Moon anyways.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Madden's speech was the highlight, Leigh Steinberg (Moon's opening act) was of course the depths of shit and I wasn't about to invest a moment's time in anything concerning Reggie White.

velocet
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

velocet wrote:Madden's speech was the highlight...
In what universe?

Did you not hear Rayfield Wright?

Madden was simply embarrassing himself, again, and as always.

I'll never get why people think that guy is a good broadcaster.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

War Wagon wrote:
velocet wrote:Madden's speech was the highlight...
In what universe?

Did you not hear Rayfield Wright?

Absolutely. Wright stole the show....with Aikman 2nd, Mrs. White 3rd, Carson 4th, Madden 5th, and Moon picking up the rear....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The Seer wrote: Absolutely. Wright stole the show....with Aikman 2nd, Mrs. White 3rd, Carson 4th, Madden 5th, and Moon picking up the rear....
Not what I saw and heard. My book goes like this:

Wright
Moon
Carson
Aikman
Widow/Madden in a dead heat for suckdom

In fact, if they hadn't saved token white boy player Aikman for last, half the crowd would have left rather than suffering thru the heat listening to either Madden or the Widow.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero wrote:Image

:lol:
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

That's one of those "Jesus was a brother" things...Easter Island style.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Warren Moon should have had someone write his speech. It was terrible.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

So what religion was Reggie? His kid emphasized that HIS God was the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.....

His mama said the same thing, but threw in Yehova.....

Witnesses?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:I'll never get why people think that guy is a good broadcaster.
It's a simple matter of, when you go 100-30 in NFL games, and win a Super Bowl, you probably know what the fuck you're talking about.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

He was a great coach.

He sucks as a broadcaster.

Some problem that you're having between making that distinction, Mr. magoo?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

It's not just that he sucks as a broadcaster...
...it's that he injects this creepy "gay vibe" into his commentary.

Unsettling.

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Madden may be losing it a bit because he is old. Actually, he's not just old, he's fukking ancient. What is he? seventy something? That's in regular people years. In overweight hyperactive heart disease dude years he's like 247 or something.

The fact that he is still breathing is a medical miracle. His physician ought to win the nobel prize for just keeping him ticking this long.

As for you madden haytahs, you suck. Maybe you don't like his big fat loud crazy guy shtick, but, once you get past that, you have to admit, he is a fukking football genius. Unlike most every other color commentator I have ever seen, he doesn't say one stupid fukking thing after another just because he is paid to fill the air with sound. There have been other pretty good ones. I liked merlin olsen who was kinda like a pothead madden.

For those of you who still think madden sux, i got two words........ muss berger. I am pretty sure that every last person on the planet, maybe the galaxy can agree that he is the fukking worst evah. Should have stayed behind the cbs anchorman desk where he could just read a prompter. Dude seriously fails when he actually attempts to put together sentences that weren't thought up by someone else.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:As for you madden haytahs, you suck. Maybe you don't like his big fat loud crazy guy shtick, but, once you get past that, you have to admit, he is a fukking football genius. Unlike most every other color commentator I have ever seen, he doesn't say one stupid fukking thing after another just because he is paid to fill the air with sound.
I've got three words for you. Super Bowl XXXVI.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Madden last night...

"Boy, watching practice this week...that Randy Moss is something special"

Thanks, John. So...do you have any big plans for 1997?
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

War Wagon wrote:He was great at doing what al davis said.

He sucks as a broadcaster.

Some problem that you're having between making that distinction, Mr. magoo?
mvscals blow monkey spunk
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Warren Moon is one of the more interesting Hall of Fame cases.

Remember that it's title is the PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, not the NFL HALL OF FAME.

I wonder how much Moon's CFL exploits (6 straight Grey Cup Championships) factored into his election.

Striclty as an NFL player I would not be of a mind to vote for him.

He was a big numbers guy, yes, but I think a QB has to actually WIN something to take a seat among the elite players who have ever played.

Moon didn't distinguish himself largely enough as an NFL winner, IMO.

One lone division title in 17 years as a QB.

3-7 playoff record.

Wow .... :meds:

Gaudy numbers put up mostly QBing in a playground-style offense doesn't = elite player.

my .02
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

poptart wrote: Striclty as an NFL player I would not be of a mind to vote for him.
What team did you play for ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:I wonder how much Moon's CFL exploits (6 straight Grey Cup Championships) factored into his election.
It was actually 5 straight Grey Cup Championships.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ok, thanks Goobs.

All the more reason to say to hell with W. Moon.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:All the more reason to say to hell with W. Moon.

Sin
The Trail Of Battered Women Moon Left In His Wake
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You're sayin' that if there's a Ho Slappin' Hall of Fame Warren's a first ballot guy .... ?

Hey, don't be naive, Dins.

Pretty sure Y.A. Title and Otto Graham slapped themselves some bitches around in their day.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dinsdale wrote:
poptart wrote:All the more reason to say to hell with W. Moon.

Sin
The Trail Of Battered Women Moon Left In His Wake
Your* trying too hard, Dins.

* See what I did there? I left you an opening...huh...huh...see?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Don't talk to me.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dinsdale wrote:Don't talk to me.
I wasn't being playful.
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:As for you madden haytahs, you suck.
Word. Furthermore, people who are watching football games for "entertaining broadcasts" suck.

The thing with Madden is he isn't trying to entertain you. He's trying to inform you. You hear that Wags? He doesn't come with all the bells and whistles you seem to desire. Dude's job is to break down plays, and that's what he does...bumbling or not, he does it as well or better than anyone else. He knows his role and he sticks to it. Oh, and when someone has "one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL" on their resume, you tend to listen to what they have to say.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bells and whistles? Hardly.

Hell, I'd settle for someone who can string two coherent sentences together.

Sorry, I just don't enjoy listening to the bombastic windbag.

By all mean though, feel free to continue acting like he was/is the greatest football color commentator evah, if that blows up your skirt.

I'd rather listen to the likes of a Dan Dierdork over Madden if given the choice of either at the end of a gun barrel.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Don't strawman me.

I didn't say he was one of the greatest commentators.

I said he was one of the greatest coaches ever, which JUST SO HAPPENS to make the guy (more than) listenable, considering he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

This is pretty simple, really.

You care more about polished delivery and presentation.

I care more about credible breakdowns and those more knowledgeable of the game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

There are plenty of former coaches and players who know the game inside out who can't effectively talk into a microphone because they sound like they have a mouth full of marbles.

Being extremely knowledgable about the game, in and of itself, does not neccesarily make one any more competent to opine from the booth.

Whatever, it's just a matter of opinion here. Like I said, if you dig listening to Madden, more power to you.

Myself, whenever some blowhard network announcer is doing a Chiefs game, I turn the sound down on the TV and listen to Len Dawson and Mitch Holthus on the radio instead. There is no one better at breaking down the play on the field than good old Lenny.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

I didn't see the HOF broadcast. They probably didn't feature this for Warren Moon's career review:
In 1992, Moon played only 11 games due to injuries, but still managed to lead the Oilers to a 10-6 record, including a victory over the Buffalo Bills in the final game of the season. Moon and the Oilers then faced the Bills again in the first round of the AFC playoffs. Aided by Moon's 222 passing yards and 4 touchdowns in the first half, Houston built up a 28-3 halftime lead, and then increased it to 35-3 when Buffalo quarterback Frank Reich's first pass of the third quarter was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. But the Bills managed to storm back with 5 unanswered second half touchdowns to take a 38-35 lead with time running out in the final period. Moon managed to lead the Oilers on a last second field goal drive to send the game into overtime, but threw an interception in the extra period that set-up Buffalo kicker Steve Christie's game winning field goal. It was the largest comeback victory in NFL history and is now known in NFL Lore simply as The Comeback. Moon finished the game with 36 completions for 371 yards and 4 touchdowns, with 2 interceptions.
Bet he still has nightmares about that game.
Warren Moon wrote:Help me Lord. I gotta punch outta this dream!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Moon
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote: Hell, I'd settle for someone who can string two coherent sentences together.

So would we, Whitey...so would we.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

War Wagon wrote:There are plenty of former coaches and players who know the game inside out who can't effectively talk into a microphone because they sound like they have a mouth full of marbles.

Being extremely knowledgable about the game, in and of itself, does not neccesarily make one any more competent to opine from the booth.

Whatever, it's just a matter of opinion here. Like I said, if you dig listening to Madden, more power to you.

Myself, whenever some blowhard network announcer is doing a Chiefs game, I turn the sound down on the TV and listen to Len Dawson and Mitch Holthus on the radio instead. There is no one better at breaking down the play on the field than good old Lenny.
RACK

In DC we have Sonny Jurgenson and Sam Huff. Used to have a pro media man, Frank Herzog. That team kicked ass. Now it's Sonny, Sam, and Larrry. Decent enough dude himself, but it isn't Sonny Sam and Frank. That was the team.

Some other bright executive move. :meds:

pop,

I can't read. Especially w/out my morning coffee.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

poptart wrote:.....but I think a QB has to actually WIN something to take a seat among the elite players who have ever played.
.....Gaudy numbers put up mostly QBing in a playground-style offense doesn't = elite player.
what you talkin bout Willis!!??

Sin.
Dan Marino
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

-I have no problem with Madden. Sure, he's getting older, to the point that he's slowing down verbally. Thing about Madden though, always...he's honest.

Knowledge, honesty and more than a modicum of enjoyable personality, hey, combine those things with his obvious undiminished passion for the game and I have no problem with him.

-No, the CFL really shouldn't count in terms of enshrinement into Canton. Neither should the WFL or NFL Europe or the Arena League. Warren Moon was not an NFL Hall Of Famer, even if he was a CFL Hall Of Famer. In fact, if Moon were white I have a suspicion that he wouldn't have received the HOF's politically motivated and politically necessary phone call.

The Hall Of Fame should be a no brainer deal. If you're not sure if the guy belongs, he doesn't.

Warren Moon is in that category. Think back to when he was playing for Houston. At any point in his career there did you ever feel that he was the dominant QB in the league, the best QB out there, and a genuine game changing leader?

To be in the HOF you needed to be that guy at your position, at least for a little while, if not for most of your career. Warren Moon was always...The Opponent. He was never Joe or Dan (either one) or Roger or you name it.

He was just The Opponent, and he never won a truly big game in the NFL in his entire career. He sure lost a bunch though...

He was sort of the Don Sutton of the NFL, a guy who simply stuck around long enough to where he eventually amassed some great career stats. Great stats, yep, but you never felt either guy was ever truly The Man...

-Dan Marino on the other hand is a complete no brainer for the HOF. He DID take a very overmatched team to a Super Bowl and he completely rewrote the NFL individual season and career records book. His teams were always in the playoffs and he was always The Man in any game in which he set foot on the field.

When SF played Miami in that Super Bowl, hell, when anybody ever played Miami, everybody in the stadium knew that Marino was the key and he was either going to give a performance of a lifetime and win the game regardless or he was just going to merely get his usual numbers or less and Miami would lose.

Marino was the most feared QB in the league, for a long time. Yeah, Montana was Montana and there's no arguing Joe but in terms of the players on defense Marino was feared for being The Ultimate Gunslinger, long before Brett Favre assumed that role...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Doug Flutie will probably get into the Hall because of his days at Boston College and in the Canadian Football League moreso than for anything he's done in the NFL.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

No chance in hell.

NCAA HOF, sure. Canton? No chance in hell.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev