Tell us - again - about the team that you love to hate.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Tell us - again - about the team that you love to hate.

Post by PSUFAN »

For me, it goes like this:

Pitt will always be PSU's main rival in my mind. When I was coming up watching PSU, Pitt was a very good football team, with Dorsett and Marino and Hugh Green...and a solid tradition emanating from Oakland. The 80s and 90s were not kind to Pitt, and aside from a couple of haltingly successful years under Schmalt Harris, they haven't really been back. Nonetheless, there is a great deal of antipathy still between the two schools, especially here in Pittsburgh, where Pitt and PSU get equal billing in the local fishwraps and where there are many PSU alumni. I think that for a variety of reasons, Pitt/PSU won't be scheduled while Paterno holds the reins, but soon after that, they'll schedule a series, and it will be well-received. It's hard for me to respect Pitt fans much, initially because they're hard to find, and then because their support for their team is a little patchy.

Michigan is increasingly a team that I love to hate. They've owned PSU for 7 straight matchups, and they seem to embody the Old Guard of the Big 10, which sees PSU as outsiders looking in. This new rivalry definitely has legs, and on the various sport board it gets up and runs. I respect UM fans, they are proud of their tradition and they solidly back their team.

Florida State is a team that I love to hate as well. PSU and FSU seem like natural opponents on many levels. I was very happy to see the teams meet in the bowl last year, and I hope that there are other contests down the road. Again, I respect FSU fans, they show up for their team and they root hard...and only a few of them end up on the Duke is Duke bandwagon.

Nebraska is a team that has had some storied matchups with PSU. The series is likely to be renewed at some point down the road...and it feels like there is much unfinished business there. Big Red fans have utmost respect from me, you'd be hard-pressed to find truer fans.

OSU is a rivalry that is based on mutual respect, INHO. The teams seem to alternate wins. Every time I've interacted with Buckeye fans, I've been impressed at the mutual feeling of respect that get exchanged. OSU is a team that I root for usually unless they are playing PSU.

Notre Dame is a team that we'll have to see about. I think PSU/ND will be good games the next two years. The rivalry was pretty good in years past, but since the hiatus has been lengthy and both teams have foundered a bit before coming back strong, this seems like a rivalry that might begin to be strong again.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

1) Michigan - obvious reasons...I only cheer for them twice a year against ND and the bowl game...
2) ND - I CAN'T stand them (Sorry Killian)
3) MSU - gee I wonder why? oh yeah BABS
4) ANY AND ALL SEC AND ACC TEAMS based on where I live...

I respect most of the big 12 and pac 10 teams that are well represented on this board...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

U of Florida - What's to like? Honestly, I dont have so much a problem w/ their program as I do their fans. By the way they talk you would have thought they have 5 or 6 Nat'l Championship's in the Trophy case. Their failure to realize that they are just another state school and not the "Harvard of the South" makes them even more pompous.

U of Miami - I respect their tradition b/c they have been a legit power for almost 3 decades. They put badasses into the NFL each year. Again my hatred is directed towards their fans, most of which didnt even get into Miami. At Miami games, of the roughly 35K :D who pack their home games, I would say maybe 10K actually went there. The rest are immigrant pieces of shit who barely speak English, yet talk more shit than humanly possible.

Oklahoma - 2000 Orange Bowl still hurts
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I don't know if there are any teams that I hate. Well, besides Boston College. Their fans, players and students are all classless pieces of shit.

Every team has their share of internet assholes on the homer boards, so it's tough trying to hate a team based on other message boards.

I respect all of ND's rivals.

Some of you fuckers make it hard to not hate certain teams.
:D
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

taco tech - waste of fucking souls, those who have one.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Killian wrote:I don't know if there are any teams that I hate. Well, besides Boston College. Their fans, players and students are all classless pieces of shit.
Just replace BC with West Virginia and UVA for me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:1) Michigan - obvious reasons...I only cheer for them twice a year against ND and the bowl game.

Replace Michigan with Washington, and add "when they play Miami" in there as well, and BINGO!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:I don't know if there are any teams that I hate. Well, besides Boston College. Their fans, players and students are all classless pieces of shit.
I'd lump Miami in under that category as well. And yes, I'm well aware that it's been 16 years since ND and Miami last met up. But that 58-7 loss from my senior year is still an open wound. :brad:
Some of you fuckers make it hard to not hate certain teams.
:D
Word. I used to hate Florida and Florida State when I lived down there, if for no other reason than that the local media used to force them down my throat at every turn. But some of the FSU peeps on here make it hard to hate their team. Ditto the Oklahoma peeps as well.
PSUFAN wrote:Notre Dame is a team that we'll have to see about. I think PSU/ND will be good games the next two years. The rivalry was pretty good in years past, but since the hiatus has been lengthy and both teams have foundered a bit before coming back strong, this seems like a rivalry that might begin to be strong again.
This is a prime example of why I say that the move toward superconferences has not necessarily been a good thing for college football. This was one of the best rivalries in college football, imho, but it got cut short due to Penn State joining the Big Ten. Yes, we're playing the next two seasons, but that won't be enough to revive this rivalry. ND doesn't really consider you a rival unless you're on the schedule every year, or just about every year (yeah, I know that putting Miami at the top of my love to hate list makes this a pot-meet-kettle situation, but Penn State never caused an open wound for me the way Miami did).
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

Michigan - That's really about it. I would never root for Michigan under any circumstances. If a terrorist were to strap a bomb to his chest and take out "the big house" I wouldn't be sad at all.

Partial #2 would be Wisconsin. Not so much for their team, just their fans have been absolutely horrible everytime that I have gone to a game in Madison.

I used to hate Texas, but after the media went USC crazy last year and just shit on VY it forced me to root for them. When the football Jesus beat USC he kind of won me over. Texas is now just a dislike.

EDIT: There used to be a dislike for Notre Dame, but after we made them our bitch in '95 and '96 (then again last year) I didn't really hate them anymore. It just kind of turned into pity.
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Shawn Marion wrote:Michigan - That's really about it. I would never root for Michigan under any circumstances. If a terrorist were to strap a bomb to his chest and take out "the big house" I wouldn't be sad at all.
I'll never root for a terrorist attack on any team or its fanbase. But if al-Qaeda ever decides to suit up a football team, I'm pretty sure I'd be rooting for them against Miami.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

opposing fan most likely to be pissing on yer leg or spitting at yer grammaw and be too drunk to know it: LSU fan.

when Les Miles was hired at LSU it was like cosmic lobotomy alignment.

sin,

OU fan at Sugar Bowl 03.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

1. OU. I cannot even start. I think Bth said it best.
2. UCLA. I grew up with a father who went to USC and this was part of my most important life lesson
2a. Notre Dame. I grew up catholic and I cannot stomach ND. The fact that they have their own TV network makes me even sicker. I don't even know why we are playing this year because Brady Quinn is going to win the Heisman and Charlie Weis is the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi. I guarantee NBC will make sure Brady gets the Hypesman.
3. Miami. I cannot get over the thugs. I also have bad memories of the 1991 Cotton Bowl. I cannot stand Miami.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Kal - we've already covered this
ucLabia - red headed stepchild of USC
Stanford - history of dirty plays and cheap shots
Nebraska - will never forget Lawrence Phillips beating on his girlfriend *
Florida - asshole fans
Washington State - see Florida x 2
LSU - see Washington State x 400
Oregon - A conference needs its tards

* according to a colleague of mine who grew up in Nebraska, Phillips gave his girlfriend a beatdown because he broke into her apartment and found her fucking Scott Frost :lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

...and what is freakin' with that? These guys are people whose faces are on ESPN every single day (especially at Nebraska back in those days, usually in the "arrests" department... am I right? am I right?) and they can't find hot tail of their own??? Meanwhile, just from stories that have been told here over the years, not too many of us had any problems... myself included. What's up with that? Are there a limited number of girls with low enough self-esteem to only bang football players or are the football players only after girls that make them feel intelligent...?

I can't IMAGINE how much ass I'd have gotten if I were a football player. I'm talking crazy, like boy-band ass. :D

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Oregon - A conference needs its tards

Which is why God gave us Oregon State.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SuC/USC

The reasons are as follows:

please wait while this post finishes loading.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I hate Nebraska with every fiber of my being. Fuck conference loyalty. I want them to lose every game they play. It's a tired cliché, but my two favorite teams really are Colorado and whoever's playing Nebraska. I'd rather see Nebraska lose in football than see any of my favorite teams in other sports (Nuggets, Broncos, Cowboys, Avs, Dodgers) win. I'd trade all of those teams going a combined 0-358 to see Nebraska go 0-12 this year.
"Keys, woman!"
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

1. Notre Dame
2. Notre Dame
3. Notre Dame

Except when they played USC last year.

End of the streak. Won't join a conference. Arrogant fans (with the exception of many folks like Terry and Killian). Radio stations broadcasting their games when they're not ranked and there are top-5 teams playing each other at the same time.

LOL @ BtH
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

If $C were playing the Nazi's I'd goosestep down hoover. God I hate those fukkers.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
the_ouskull wrote: I can't IMAGINE how much ass I'd have gotten if I were a football player. I'm talking crazy, like boy-band ass. :D
So tell us, Danny, who is your favorite New Kid?

I'm just saying you might want to rephrase that...
I think it is pretty obvious...it has to be Danny. :wink:
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Laxplayer wrote:God I hate those fukkers.
You love us. Shut the fuck up already and admit it.

:lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

No JImmy, I don't. I actually started therapy for my hatred. I'll be on the next episode of Dr. Phil.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:
buckeye_in_sc wrote:1) Michigan - obvious reasons...I only cheer for them twice a year against ND and the bowl game.

Replace Michigan with Washington, and add "when they play Miami" in there as well, and BINGO!
I thought you hated all things Beavers?

Teams that I hate without respect: Michigan, Florida, and Miami

Teams that I hate but respect: Ohio St, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Tennessee
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I thought you hated all things Beavers?

Oh, I do.

But, being Ducks fan...well, I think Keith Lewis put it best --

"How can we consider any team that plays in a high school stadium to be our 'archrival' ?"

Maybe if the Beavs put together a few more winning seasons, they might move on to the top-tier of hate(not that their chaw-spitting fans don't make them easy to hate). Until that day comes, there is no question as to which outfit Duckfan hates the most.

They don't just do "the wave" at UDub still....they freaking invented it. EVERY self-respecting sports fan should hate them, for that alone.

Huck the Fuskies.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Miami by a longshot, Davis had the program picked-up for a little while but as soon as he left they were the same classless assholes. Their "fans" are a joke. The stadium is half-empty and the ones there are mainly a bunch of shit-talkers.

CU and KSU have horrible fans, what a bunch of haters. KSU-fan lives to hate on Neb-football and anything Kansas. That he is delusional enough to consider Prince a money hire and couldn't sell-out for Snyder's last-game should tell you something. CU-fan doesn't fill their moderately-sized statium except for Neb and then they act like a bunch of drunken-morons. I do love the hire of Hawkins, he will win(neither Koetter nor Nutt could win like Hawkins did at BSU) and he will add class to the program. He has already publicly stated that they need better, more-positive fan support.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

nebraska
miami
florida st
kansas

there isn't a thug that the first 3 would pass up if he could run a 4.35.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Probably true but at least that thug would consider them.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Wow I can go on for hours about what I have about the spooners. I've hated those gackaholics since 84.

I used to hate a$m but after the whole bon fire thing I hardly even consider them a rival except around T+1.

I hate LSU but only because I hate lyin Ryan Perloser and leslie Miles.

I hate sc because of ESPN

I hate Bud Adams because he took my beloved Houston Oilers to Tennessee

I hate Bud Adams even more because he drafted Vince and now I'm forced to become a Titans fan.

I hate Arkansas because their fans are dumbasses.

Wow, I had no idea I had this much hate in me.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa State, Michigan State, Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, Kansas State, Tennessee, and Texas A&M-pre 2006.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa State, Michigan State, Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, Kansas State, Tennessee, and Texas A&M-pre 2006.
Holy shit he lives!!!! I thought you would be on here after the NFL draft, but I guess not.

Who's next, Babs? DrD? R_t_S?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah, with CFB around the corner, I had to make my triumphant return!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Killian wrote:
TheJON wrote:Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa State, Michigan State, Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, Kansas State, Tennessee, and Texas A&M-pre 2006.
Holy shit he lives!!!! I thought you would be on here after the NFL draft, but I guess not.

I think PSUFAN said that DrD has a lifetime ban on this board. Ditto for R_t_S, certainly he's whined plenty over at .net about not being able to post here. I don't know if Babs ever got the hammer dropped on her.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

In order
1. whoever is playing FSU
2. the team from hogtown
3. Tennessee
4. ND
5. Miami
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Killian wrote:

I think PSUFAN said that DrD has a lifetime ban on this board. Ditto for R_t_S, certainly he's whined plenty over at .net about not being able to post here. I don't know if Babs ever got the hammer dropped on her.
DrD spammed and posted PMs...we banned him, and he hasn't been on any of the boards since. I'd vote for unbanning him, if he ever nosed around again. RtS ain't coming back...and Babs is definitely banned for good, following some stalker/personal info drama, which no one really wants any part of.

Welcome back, NOJ.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

damn babs is gone...who do we slap around during CF???

oh wait Jon and mTard are around that should hold us until some other shit troll makes their appearance...

i would vote to unban Dr D...he was good for drive bys in the CF forum...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Danimal wrote:Miami by a longshot, Davis had the program picked-up for a little while but as soon as he left they were the same classless assholes. Their "fans" are a joke. The stadium is half-empty and the ones there are mainly a bunch of shit-talkers.
It's probably due to the fact that the majority of people who attend the Miami games in the Orange Bowl never went to college in the first place.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:Texas A&M-pre 2006.
I told myself I wasn't going to ask but...

What is the fuck does that mean? You hated Texas A&M up until 12/31/05? What made you change your tune?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Danimal wrote:KSU have horrible fans,
Holy shit, I forgot about this. They came to play us several years ago, and their fans were terrible. I remember one woman (KSUfan) with her family telling another woman (SCfan) to fuck off. Her kids could hear her. :?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^as usual quality BtH quality...rack him
RedHerring
Elwood

Post by RedHerring »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Kal - we've already covered this
ucLabia - red headed stepchild of USC
Stanford - history of dirty plays and cheap shots
Nebraska - will never forget Lawrence Phillips beating on his girlfriend * @
Florida - asshole fans
Washington State - see Florida x 2
LSU - see Washington State x 400
Oregon - A conference needs its tards

* according to a colleague of mine who grew up in Nebraska, Phillips gave his girlfriend a beatdown because he broke into her apartment and found her fucking Scott Frost :lol:

@Well yeah cuz USC Running backs know how to treat a lady. :wink:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke