Draft Day Thread

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Draft Day Thread

Post by Adelpiero »

gotta love local media,now it's the blues will trade for Penguins #2 pick(to have 1 and 2, pens probably get 30 and 31, plus a player) and will make a deal for giguerre.

hadley is such a fuckin hack media pundit.

i heard if pens couldnt get johnson, they want to move down. so taht makes sense, but why giggy??? sanford had a very good year considering the injuries to the defense and the quality of players on the team, also, he is at the goalie mature age(27-30)

should be some major moves this draft day.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rumors for stl:

blues talking to sj and anaheim for nabakhov and giggy for 30/31 picks.

brewer and 2nd rounder for #2(brewer a RFA II)

Blues talking to edmonton about Pronger. Jackman could be dealt with late 1st rounder also moving to edmonton.

christ, blues are listed with every team looking to deal.

also, jarmo K, blues head of scouting(was major factor in ottawas great drafts) has been talking to Chara(as a free agent pickup), they are friends, blues have a ton of cap space) if pronger is had, this deal is obviously untrue.

also, blake rumored to be a target of new ownership

:meds:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

stefan and modry to dallas for kapanen and 7th rounder

let the trades and draft begin
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

1. Erik Johnson-St.Louis the franchise player in this draft, bar none, . Now prospects get drafted

2. jordan staal-pitt many think he's the best of the staal brothers

3.jonathan toews- chi most complete player in draft

4.nicklas backstrom- wash very skilled, compared to forsberg

5.Phil Kessel-Bos one dimensional player, who can score

6.Derek Brassard-Cbus his value has skyrocketed in past months.

7.Kyle Okposo-NYI-Nolan first move as HC, tough, physical pf.

8.Peter Mueller-Phnx was one of best usa players in WJC

9.James Sheppard-Minny PF, talent slipping here, needs skating work

10.Michael Frolik-Fla Slipped, could be steal fo draft, homer or miss here.

11.Jonathan Bernier-LA First G off the board

12.Brian Little-Atl best of the forwards left on the board

13.Yurri Tlusty-Tor Should play Junior hockey, best of players left

14.Michael Grabner-Van off the board, but not a reach. top heavy draft

15.Riku Helenius-TB ranked as #1 goaltender by many in draft.

16.Ty Wishart-SJ(trade with Mtl)

17.Trevor Lewis-LA(Demitra to Minny)

18.Chris Stewart-Col

19.Mark Mitera-Ana

20.David Fisher-Mtl

21.Bob Saganetti-NYR

22.Claude Giroux-Philly

23.Semen Varlamov-wash

24.Dennis Pearson-Buf

25.Patrick Berglund-STL(trade from nj)

26.leyland irving-cal

Last edited by Adelpiero on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:57 am, edited 24 times in total.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Adelpiero wrote:rumors for stl:

Blues talking to edmonton about Pronger. Jackman could be dealt with late 1st rounder also moving to edmonton.
I hope tp god that Edmonton gets more than that for Pronger.
GET-ZKY!!!!
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

I agree. Chicago now has the best player in the draft.

ATG goes up to the podium...and made the selection! That's great

I'm really happy with Backstrom. Great day for the Caps.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

The Rat Pack wrote:I agree. Chicago now has the best player in the draft.

ATG goes up to the podium...and made the selection! That's great

I'm really happy with Backstrom. Great day for the Caps.

blues brass had ej #1(obviously) and then backstrom and staal at #2. if they wouldnt of won the draft lottery. jarmo, was high on backstrom
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

The fact that the Boston GM has to sit with the Senators is bizarre. I know he's on contract...but get rid of him. He can't be hanging out during strategy talk.

The Senators are a real puzzle. It's like they're holding a grudge.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

When is Neil Smith going to trade his pick?

That's right...those days are over.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

I'm gonna assume that Lombardi & Crawford know what they're doing..

lol Toronto booed soundly during their entire podium time.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Announcer: OK, Jiri.. There's talk that you don't want to play in North America. Will you play in Toronto?

Jiri Tlusty: Maybe

What the hell? Nice pick, Toronto.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

o'sullivan and pick for Demitra
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Love how Montreal always gets booed when their scout starts speaking in French.

Wow, Kings better pick up a #1 center (Elias), or next season looks like a long rebuild.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

raycroft to Tor
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

Adelpiero wrote:raycroft to Tor
Fits well under the cap but Turco Rask is a helluva prospect.But I would rather have them keep Poggie over Rask.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cross Traffic wrote:Love how Montreal always gets booed when their scout starts speaking in French.

Wow, Kings better pick up a #1 center (Elias), or next season looks like a long rebuild.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were looking to stick with the youth movement. They hang onto Brown and Frolov...two quality pieces to build around instead of moving them for Luongo. Between letting Roenick walk and dealing Demitra, that'll free up some money if they do want to go after an Elias in free agency. O'Sullivan could be a #1 center by next year or the following year. Excellent deal made by Lombardi to pick him up. He's definitely a candidate for the Calder next season if he does start the year in the NHL after being rookie of the year in the A.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Rat Pack wrote:ATG goes up to the podium...and made the selection! That's great

Ovechkin is becoming quite the personality around the league. He was a lot of fun during the awards show. He's named the new coverboy for NHL '07 and now he's front and center at the draft. Good first round for the Caps adding a center and goalie...two major needs for the future.

fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

BrantfordBudFan wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:raycroft to Tor
Fits well under the cap but Turco Rask is a helluva prospect.But I would rather have them keep Poggie over Rask.
This move was about one thing and one thing only.

JFJ trying to save his pathetic ass from being run out of town like he should have been at the end of this past season.
It's no secret that he's been told straight out, miss the playoffs again this year and you're fired.
And with no Pat Quinn around to take the heat for Fergie Jr's fuckups, he's got nobody to hide behind now.

Trading the best junior goaltender in the world and a lock to be a number 1 goaltender for years to come in the NHL for the Bruin's 3rd stringer...
Nice move Fergie..the Leafs now have 3 backup goalies :meds:
Almost as good a trade as the Stellick deal when the Leafs traded Russ Courtnall for a cokehead named Kordic.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rumor is:

pronger for bouwmeister/weiss

what a coup for edmonton if this deal goes down.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

Adelpiero wrote:rumor is:

It's no longer about trading players, it's also about trading contracts. Pronger is tied up for 4 more years at $6.25 mil which is awesome. I have a strong feeling Lowe is going to try and get Redden (Alberta Boy) and then deal from a position of strength rather than a position of need.
GET-ZKY!!!!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

I'm excited about O'Sullivan, 93 pts last season in the A, if the Kings can get Boyle (6'7" center with skills) under contract, things are looking good on the farm and with the big club.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

could be some interesting days, leading up to july 1st. many teams having to make some major decisions. especially Tampa Bay, the richards deal will force them to part with 1 or more players via trades(or risk losing them next year).
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Tanguay goes to Calgary for Leopold and picks. Everyone remembers the Chris Drury/Derek Morris trade, which was a disaster for Colorado. I hope Giguere knows what he's doing.

Frankly, I'm surprised they traded Tanguay. Supposedly his streaky play and inability to take his game to the next level, but really this was about cap space. Rumor has it that Tanguay would have probably demanded 4-5 million per and a long term contract. Leopold won't be nearly that pricey, and can add some offensive talent to the blue line, so this could work out well, but the jury's out for now.

Since this move was made, I've changed my position on Blake; I think he'll go elsewhere. The Avs are looking for younger players with potential that take up less cap space. They still need work on D though.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hobbes wrote:Tanguay goes to Calgary for Leopold and picks. Everyone remembers the Chris Drury/Derek Morris trade, which was a disaster for Colorado. I hope Giguere knows what he's doing.

That should make you a little nervous. It also means wearing the #18 for the Avalanche means you're aren't going to last very long. Deadmarsh wore #18, was part of the Blake deal...Drury changed his number from 37 to 18 and eventually gets traded to Calgary...now, Tanguay another 18 who used to wear 40 gets moved. I wonder who will be the next player to wear 18 for the Avs...they better keep their bags packed because they're bound to get shipped out as well. :lol:

From a Calgary standpoint, I think it's a great move by them. With Phaneuf's monster rookie year, he becomes their best offensive defenseman and Iginla has needed a partner on the top line for a long time. This was a great move by Sutter. The Avs needed help on defense but giving up a player like Tanguay is risky.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Shoalzie wrote:The Avs needed help on defense but giving up a player like Tanguay is risky.
That's what I'm saying. Basically, this could work out great or it could be an abortion. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Tanguay have a career year with Calgary under Sutter's guidance. Playing for a guy like that just might be what he needs.

On the other hand, I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Tanguay didn't do much at all. He's always been kind of a "fragile" player mentally, and this trade could mess with his confidence.

A lot will depend on Leopold's play. If he can make a real contribution, the trade is probably worth it. Otherwise, it will probably bite them in the ass. Hard. Especially since they're division rivals.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Toronto rumour...

Kaberle and Steen for Pronger

What was that you were saying about JFJ building through youth Hap? :roll:
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

JaysFan wrote:Toronto rumour...

Kaberle and Steen for Pronger

What was that you were saying about JFJ building through youth Hap? :roll:
I aways love how TO is in the mix for every player who is available.

Kaberle is only 3 years younger than Pronger and half the defensman. Pronger was 2 goals away from the Conn Smyth and he plays 30-35 minutes a night.

Steen is a young up and comming center which is one position Edmonton doesn't need.

Lowe will not pull the trigger on a trade until Redden is signed with Ottawa, Edmonton, or whoever, and he's delt with his own RFA and UFA. Trading Pronger will be used to fill the remaining holes.
GET-ZKY!!!!
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

:lol:

Sure are a lot of bitter Oiler fans responding to Dreger's report

:lol:

Joey, in any other circumstance I'd love to have Pronger on the Leafs. But this team is going nowhere with Larry Pleau's coffee boy in charge..

One thing though, while I won't disagree with you that Pronger is the better of the 2, to say that Kaberle's only 1/2 of the defenceman that Pronger is well, kind of ignorant.

Tomas Kaberle
GP 82 G 9 A 58 Pts 67

Chris Pronger
GP 80 G 12 A 44 Pts
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

JaysFan wrote::
One thing though, while I won't disagree with you that Pronger is the better of the 2, to say that Kaberle's only 1/2 of the defenceman that Pronger is well, kind of ignorant.

Tomas Kaberle
GP 82 G 9 A 58 Pts 67

Chris Pronger
GP 80 G 12 A 44 Pts
Fine, he's 3/4 the defenseman that Proner is.

When you look at what Lidstrom, Redden, Chara, will sign for, Pronger's 6.25 mil for the next 4 years is a huge bargin.
GET-ZKY!!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:rumor is:

The Oilers oughta hold for Horton instead of Weiss...they've already got Horcoff and Stoll to build around at the center position. Horton would be another quality tough winger with an edge...he'd fit in well with that lineup in Edmonton.