Dukie V...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Dukie V...

Post by indyfrisco »

So...we all know Vitale is a Duke homer. Actually, he's more of an ACC homer. He's basically the voice of the ACC (unless there's another team with a better record).

So, what's the difference between Dukie V and Kieth Jackson? KJ was considered "Mr. College Football". He has as big a PAC 10 bias as Dukie V has an ACC bias.

Why does Dukie V take much more criticism than KJ?

Is it because what Vitale pimps is much bigger than what KJ pimps? Hard to believe east coast basketball takes precedence over west coast football...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

For starters, Kieth Jackson isn't a spastic freak. IMO, Vitale's shtick is what nets him the lions share of his bad ink. The fact that he's a homer for east coast basketball comes in a distant second.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Re: Dukie V...

Post by Shine »

IndyFrisco wrote: Why does Dukie V take much more criticism than KJ?
If Keith Jackson were calling a game between let's say Alabama and Auburn, would he go out of his way to tell you crap like:

"A strong run by Alabama, but let me tell you about another strong running team. The USC Trojans."

"Nice pass by the Tigers. Not quite as good of a passing game as down at UCLA though."

etc, etc, etc
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

It was nice to see Lute Olsen put Dickie in his place! What a fucking windbag!
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

BSmack wrote:For starters, Kieth Jackson isn't a spastic freak.
:lol:

Rack Shine.

"That freshman from Al a bama has got quite an arm. He's been on my PTPer list since the season started, baby." -- Things KJ doesn't say.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i gotta say: there was a game i was watching last year that KJ did where he did a little riff on the great running backs in the country and he listed 3 Pac-10 rbs before any others in the NCAA. before Adrian Peterson or Cedric Benson.

don't get me wrong, USC has some horses with White and Reggis Bush....but it was too funny.

Vitale (like Raftery) used to be good until they turned into a concept. Packer has always been a curmudgeon. "that was dumb play".....

if Al McGuire didn't like Packer.....i know who's side i'm on.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Dickie V is more annoying because he just says the same thing over and over again. Atleast Keith has some drunkin rambling in there...

Keith Jackson: "Take me out to the ole barnyard and oil me up, we got ourselves a little bathroom sword fight tonight"
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

In your face Dickie V!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/wildcats/61144.php

This is a good read.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: Dukie V...

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Shine wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote: Why does Dukie V take much more criticism than KJ?
If Keith Jackson were calling a game between let's say Alabama and Auburn, would he go out of his way to tell you crap like:

"A strong run by Alabama, but let me tell you about another strong running team. The USC Trojans."

"Nice pass by the Tigers. Not quite as good of a passing game as down at UCLA though."

etc, etc, etc
rack. beaut.

"This Missourah team has a great defensive work ethic. They really remind me of the Tarheel teams of the early 80's with greats like Sam Perkins, Jordan..."
why is my neighborhood on fire