If NBC never covers golf again I will be happy...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

If NBC never covers golf again I will be happy...

Post by Left Seater »

That was just horrible coverage this weekend. You would think they could get us a few shots of the leader going Tin Cup. No shots of the ball and can, no shots of the ball off the tent, no shot of Tin Cup hitting the ball off the tree, no shot of Tin Cup hitting either shot from behind his setup point.

Granted they don't place many cameras 50 yards out of bounds as not much need over there. However, they have to have a few hand held cameras that they could get to 18 when the last group is on the last hole. Man I was pissed as I sat there watching that they didn't get us the shots CBS would have.

Here's hoping NBC boots their golf coverage.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty,

I hear you. I was talking about that very same thing with my boss this morning. I said something like "I was a little pissed we didn't see his second shot. It seemed as if he hit the ball, walked a few steps and hit agian, but I had no idea what happened because you couldn't see anything."

Get ready for NBC's Sunday Night Football.... :roll:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yea, but they did a great job of catching Ernie Els screaming "FUCK!!!" as he hacked one into the rough.

But overall, the coverage was poor. Johnny Miller is the notable exception.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Or as one of my co-watchers put it -- "isn't that the same tent he just hit from in front of?"

They didn't catch very many of the crucial shots. They did manage to catch quite a few obscenties that CBS rarely has a problem with. I don't think Big Easy was the only one caught dropping f-bombs through that whole thing.

But, let me guess -- Ford was throwing big cash at NBC, and they didn't want their asshole spokesman to be portrayed in a bad light.

And maybe I was distracted, but didn't they not even show Ogilvy's up-and-down to preserve the +5? Not much coverage of Furyk as he was making his run down the end, either.

I'll take Nick Faldo and Fairway Feherety any day...twice on Sundays.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Feherety is a freak if you see him in person. Bumping around the Shell Houston open earlier this year he had three carts just to move him and his crap around. Dude stays ahead of the players and estimates where their shots will land. Then he has three guys who hold TVs with the live feed, the replay feed, and the graphics feed. Half the time he isn't wearing any shoes, and damn if he never walked more than 5 feet. He just waits for someone to pick him up drive him to the next spot.

To be fair NBC did show us the 18th for Ogilvy. They showed his lie on the second that was in a divot, then his second shot which rolled off the green, the third which rolled to about 4 feet, and then the putt and they made a comment about people being happy in Melbourne.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.