Reporters boycott PM's news conference

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Reporters boycott PM's news conference

Post by Canadian »

About two dozen journalists walked out on Stephen Harper on Tuesday after he refused to take their questions, the latest chapter in an increasingly unseemly spat between the prime minister and members of the national media.

The scene of reporters boycotting a prime ministerial news conference was described by Parliament Hill veterans as a first.

It resulted in Harper being forced to make his announcement on aid to Darfur to a small handful of reporters, photographers and cameramen outside the House of Commons.

The impromptu boycott was the latest move by journalists in their ongoing tug-of-war with the prime minister over who controls news conferences.
ha ha I wondered when something like this was going to happen.

Read the rest here
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

Cry-babies.....

They are too used to being in control of a weak PM... Their job is to report the news, not make the news...
mrmom
Fuckin' Noob

Post by mrmom »

More smoke and mirrors from the press and PM :evil:
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

He doesn't want you fukkers there anyways......thanks for getting the hint.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Billdong wrote:Cry-babies.....

They are too used to being in control of a weak PM... Their job is to report the news, not make the news...
You're right about one thing, it IS their job to report the news.

Too bad your pathetically paranoid control freak of a Dictator refuses to allow them to do so.

Handpicking reporters who routinely suck Harper's cock with only asking softball questions doesn't get the public answers to the questions that should and need to be asked.

Remember that word that Dictator Harper kept droning on and on about...

Accountability.

He's doing his very best to avoid being held to it.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Harper says he's finished with Ottawa press corps
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he'll no longer give news conferences for the national media, after a dispute led a number of journalists to walk away from an event when he refused to take their questions.

Speaking to A-Channel in London, Ont., Harper said "unfortunately the press gallery has taken the view they are going to be the opposition to the government."

"They don't ask questions at my press conferences now. We'll just take the message out on the road. There's lots of media who do want to ask questions and hear what the government is doing."

Since becoming prime minister in January, Harper has had a testy relationship with the national media in Ottawa. His staff has tried to manage news conferences by saying they will decide which reporters get to ask questions.
Well I hope they start digging up dirt on him and make his life miserable with unfavourable press coverage. I am sure they will. It is a bad mistake for him to annoy the press.

Read the rest here
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Canadian wrote:Harper says he's finished with Ottawa press corps
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he'll no longer give news conferences for the national media, after a dispute led a number of journalists to walk away from an event when he refused to take their questions.

Speaking to A-Channel in London, Ont., Harper said "unfortunately the press gallery has taken the view they are going to be the opposition to the government."

"They don't ask questions at my press conferences now. We'll just take the message out on the road. There's lots of media who do want to ask questions and hear what the government is doing."

Since becoming prime minister in January, Harper has had a testy relationship with the national media in Ottawa. His staff has tried to manage news conferences by saying they will decide which reporters get to ask questions.
Well I hope they start digging up dirt on him and make his life miserable with unfavourable press coverage. I am sure they will. It is a bad mistake for him to annoy the press.

Read the rest here
Translation: Harper can't handle the heat so he's taking his ball and going home. Apparently our new *accountable* PM only wants Bush style fluffy softball questions you see back benchers give their own ruling party in parliament.

*sarasm implied*