Garden State

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Garden State

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Just finished watching this last night and I feel kind of used. It's like it sets you up to be a quirky little indie drama and what you get in the end is a crappy, formulaic romantic comedy. Maybe it's because I watched it in two sittings. But I actually thought the first 30-45 min or so was intriguing. But after watching the rest last night I was fighting off the dry heaves. There were a couple cheeseball lines that were so obvious I was saying them in my head seconds before the actors did.

Anybody else have an opinion on this POS movie?
"Keys, woman!"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

All cheeseball lines were shadowed by Method's beautiful line.

Natlaie Portman's character was a waste. She was s'posedly borken, but little of that was developed so that we could watch homes look lost and sad.

The relationship problems between the father and son were not explored enough. The son was just a whiny dick to him.

One more thing, the psycho drugs people take for depression/bipolar are not to be missed. This whole thing where he had a lucid weekend away from his drugs was bunk. He would have stabbed entire towns and offed himself during withdrawl.

all that being said, I thought it was a good first effort. i would have liked it better if I was 7 years younger.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

No kidding about the drugs. You don't just go off them, especially if you've been medicated for years.

I was disappointed with this movie. To me it just seemed like he wrote a script with the sole intent of putting the Shins in the soundtrack. And fucked up person + fucked up person != happy ending. Sorry, but life doesn't work that way.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Donovan wrote:especially if you've been medicated for years.
shit like lithium you are stuck with for life as soon as you start.

went to a funeral last week where the only dry eye in the place was my cousin who was floating on paxil. shit like that, wellbutrin, effexxor and whatsuch make me glad my German family never has discernable emotions.
why is my neighborhood on fire
lovebuzz
Still thinking about a new title

Post by lovebuzz »

paxil. shit like that, wellbutrin, effexxor and whatsuch
are shit crutches that break other stuff while they don't even fix whatever it is that originally sent ya into a tailspin.

i imagine a funeral on paxil is at least as weird as volatile divorce (court) proceedings on paxil. 'specially for the non medicated spectators.