Memo To Dave Taylor's Replacement

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Memo To Dave Taylor's Replacement

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Dear Yet to be named Replacement as Kings GM,

First congratulations on your new job and good luck in what is surely a daunting task, making something out of the Kings (dare I say...the playoffs). Surely there are many issues on your plate, a new coach, player changes. I would not presume to give you advice on who should be the new coach. I really have just one thing to ask in terms personnel.

GET US A DAMNED GOALIE WHO ISN'T COMPLETE SHIT!

I am not sure why your predecessor thought that you could do anything worthwhile with a pair of backup goalies. But the truth is that you must be strong in the goalie position to suceed in this league. When I lived in Westers New York in the 90's I marvelled at how a team like the Sabres could succeed. They had decent talent among the skaters, but no superstars. But of course they had Dominic Hasek. So they one divisions made Conference Finals and were even in the Stanley Cup finals.

What other teams have been successful? The Devils have a pretty good goalie if I recall. So did the Avalanche. THe Lightning? Check. The Red Wings? Osgood, Vernon Maybe not the cream of the crop but far more capable than the clowns we currently have. Dallas had Belfour. The Kings most recent success basically came due to the hot play of Felix Potvin. I could go on and on, but the point is clear. To succeed you need a top-notch goalie. Besides stealing games with his saves, a top goalie inspires confidence in the team, allows young players to develop, and allows more aggresion to attack.

Now I believe we wil have plenty of room under the cap for the upcoming free agent market. I don't know who will be available. I know premier goalies do not grow on trees. But please, make the effort. Get us a good goalie....for once.

Sincerely,
A Kings Fan
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

All I know is that I would pay some serious coinage to play the Kings for the rest of the regular season.

Sin

Oiler Fan
Smoked Meat
You got served

Post by Smoked Meat »

Dear Kings,

Thank you for Cristobal Huet.

Signed:
Habs fan
NHL Gamecenter Live saved my life!!! Go Habs Go!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Smoked Meat wrote:Dear Kings,

Signed:
Habs fan

Oh snap! :lol:

Also, thanks for Mathieu Schneider...ain't that Sean Avery a mouthy little fellow? :wink:

I didn't like the Kings chances going into the season mostly because of who they had in net. They played well out of the gate and got the Kings in a good position to make the playoffs but they've fallen back to earth and quickly. SYNW mentioned it...the last goalie they had was Potvin that took them on the mini-run past the Wings and had the Avs in a Game 7 situation. The pickings are slim for goalies in free agency...probably gonna have to swing a trade with someone.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Smoked Meat wrote:Dear Kings,

Signed:
Habs fan
:brad: :brad: :brad: :brad:

A new training staff wouldn't hurt either, damn tired of leading the league in man games lost to injury.