RACK the Raiders

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

RACK the Raiders

Post by The Assassin »

Fan-friendly Raiders?TICKET PLAN A POSITIVE STEP By John RyanMercury News

The question was about the small stuff, prices or payment methods or somesuch. But the answer painted the Raiders' new big picture.
``I would think that and I would hope that, based on everything you've heard this morning, you'd see that this isn't going to be like last time,'' CEO Amy Trask said Tuesday, when she invited reporters upstairs at HQ to preview the Raiders' first experience with ticket-selling since the L.A. days.
The new strategy has three components:
1. Reduced prices on two-thirds of the seats, including a drop of more than 50 percent for the cheapest ticket.
2. Perks for former PSL holders who stick around.
3. ANSWER THE PHONE!!
That last one is unbelievably revolutionary in these parts, as anyone who ever dealt with the blasted Oakland Football Marketing Association can attest. On Nov. 2, the Raiders settled their legal differences with Oakland and Alameda County; as part of the deal, they disbanded the cooperative entity OFMA and brought sales in-house.
(Blame can go around on all sides for OFMA. But it's gone. There. Do we feel cleansed?)
The Raiders have sent packets to about 15,000 holders of the personal-seat licenses that expired after last season. Those former PSL holders have an exclusive window until March 15 to renew their season tickets, relocate them or add more. On March 16, season-ticket sales are open to the public.
Trask outlined big plans. She said a wing of the building has been dedicated to ticket operations and rebuilt with new furniture, computers and phone lines. The Raiders have a new tickets-only Web site at http://www.raidernation.com. They have hired 15 people. (Symbolic, perhaps, that none of OFMA's half-dozen staffers joined the new operation.) Trask promises beefed-up ad campaigns and, most of all, a voice on the other end of the line when customers call.
Start-up costs, she said, will probably prevent a profit on tickets this year.
The average price will be $65.60 -- below the NFL average and also below last year's Raiders prices of $67.31 for PSL holders and $70.90 for non-PSL holders. (We could explain the old two-tiered pricing system. But why relive that painful past?)
Will this vision help Al Davis make the thing work in his stated five-year window?
We'll see.
We'll see if ideas like community barbecue pits -- so fans can ride BART to the game, put their meat on the grill and throw the paper bag in the trash -- pan out.
We'll see if the Raiders found the right price for the casual fan. (Costs went up for premium seats, but those have never been the problem.)
We'll see how many of last season's 30,000 season-ticket holders come back.
We'll see about the buyers. But it's a good start that the sellers care.
Contact John Ryan at jryan@mercurynews.com or (408) 920-5266.

Thank god they finally have control of ticket sales. The surcharges through ticketmaster and the OFMA were outrageous. Hope this will bring back the fans as well as Mr.Shell's commitment to getting the raiders back to the glory days.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

It's called.....we know we have a shitty product. Please still stick by us.

Rack the suckers that keep going.....
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

When is your team gonna listen to you and fire it's shitty coach...?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Why does anyone have to purchase a PSL for the 40 year old Oakland Mausoleum?

Every other fan in the NFL who has to pay a PSL is getting a brand new stadium, and the fee goes to paying off any loan given by the league.

So in reality Al is still fuckin' RaiDuh Fan over.

But you go ahead and continue to rack em' JT........
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Joe in PB wrote: So in reality Al is still fuckin' RaiDuh Fan over.
al has sustained the longest, most successful troll job of all time.......
get out, get out while there's still time
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"They have hired 15 people. (Symbolic, perhaps, that none of OFMA's half-dozen staffers joined the new operation.) Trask promises beefed-up ad campaigns and, most of all, a voice on the other end of the line when customers call."

...Now there's a concept...good work Owl.

We'll see if ideas like community barbecue pits -- so fans can ride BART to the game, put their meat on the grill :shock: and throw the paper bag in the trash -- pan out.

...I think putting their "meat" on the grill might be a good thing. The paper bag's?? I'm sure the Raider "skanks" might have something to say about anyone ripping their paper bags off and throwing them in the trash.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

With these prices I'll sure make more games next season! If they are crappy I'll still go, now I know how Chief fan feels 8)
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

poptart wrote:When is your team gonna listen to you and fire it's shitty coach...?
Like it fucking matters...ya freaking cellar dweller. Have fun losing.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Joe in PB wrote:Why does anyone have to purchase a PSL for the 40 year old Oakland Mausoleum?

Every other fan in the NFL who has to pay a PSL is getting a brand new stadium, and the fee goes to paying off any loan given by the league.

So in reality Al is still fuckin' RaiDuh Fan over.

But you go ahead and continue to rack em' JT........

Um read the article again genius. Where does it say the Raiders are continuing the PSLs??

And if the Raiders are gonna get a new stadium they would have to get approval from the city to get some land to build it on. Al ain't screwing anyone over from what I'm reading he's telling the fans that he wants them to come to the games and the Raiders going to try and put a winning product on the field. I have been one of his biggest critics in the past but on this issue he is trying to make things better.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Where does it say the Raiders are continuing the PSLs??
Where does it say the Raiders are NOT?
The Raiders have sent packets to about 15,000 holders of the personal-seat licenses that expired after last season.......

.....We'll see how many of last season's 30,000 season-ticket holders come back.
http://www.raidernation.com/faq.html
Q: I am not a current PSL holder, is there a waiting list for 2006 season tickets? If not, when will tickets go on sale?

A: Current PSL holders will have the first opportunity to purchase season tickets for 2006. After this exclusive renewal period, season tickets will go on sale to the general public. We are currently in the process of developing a ticket program and we will post the details of that program on http://www.raidernation.com as soon as they are available. If you would like to be placed on the list of those interested in 2006 season tickets, please send us an email at tickets@raidernation.com, include your contact information, and we will be glad to send the details of the new ticket program directly to you as soon as they are available. We genuinely appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you as a season ticket holder.
A ticket program doesn't sound like just buying season tickets, especially if half the season ticket holders are on the hook for PSL's.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

The Raiders wouldn't drop PSLs after already having them in place.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Rack BART to the Colonseum . Great access to the ballpark .

But , you would still have Raiderfan to deal with . No matter the reudced ticket price , the drunken loudmouths Raider Hooligans who are only there to drink and fight are a big reason not to go to a Raider game . I mean , I would love to go see the epic AFC West games there , even though I'm a Niner fan , but to be around a bunch of sloppy drunken foolishness in the stands , getting beer tossed on you ( meant for the Charger fan a few rows in front of you ), dealing with wading through the assholes in the parking lot , and all 'n all a shitty spoting experience is not worth the money ( and I wear black clothing in general , so I don't have to deal with wearing colors . It would be like I was civilian in East LA , and getting my ass kicked for a Blue or Red shirt , so black is a safe color to Raider game ) .

Too bad , because I would go see some AFC games more often , especially when you have a transit system that brings you right to the venue .

But Raiderfan isn't worth it .
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Well when you have a team 15 miles across the Bay from you sucking away all the non-retarded fans, you're left with the dregs.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

:lol:
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

50% drop on the cheapest ticket. THAT IS AWESOME NEWS FOR AREA YOUTH! Crack head boy friends wont have to steal all of Moms food stamps and welfare checks.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Aaron in Tucson wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one !!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Bwaha...rumpelstiltskin in action.....slings Aaron.