Pontiac Game Changing Play....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Roofer
Elwood

Pontiac Game Changing Play....

Post by Roofer »

...Bush going mental and attempting to pitch the ball on that long 2nd quarter catch and run. He basically disappeared after that play, save for the 2nd half TD run.

Those 2 TOs in the 2nd quarter were the difference. Longhorns turned them into points that ultimately made the difference, especially considering they took what would have been at least 6 points off the board for SC. They just made some stupid mistakes and Texas jumped all over the extra chances.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'd say the TD that shouldn't have been a TD in the second quarter and the fumble that wasn't ruled a fumble in the fourth were pretty big too.

But then that would just be sour grapes, right?
Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

Going for it on fourth down in the middle of the field. The play looked sloppy from the outset, and Texas was stacked in the middle. The quick count seemed to throw the USC line out of sync.

If USC makes that first down, they probably win.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Mikey wrote:I'd say the TD that shouldn't have been a TD in the second quarter and the fumble that wasn't ruled a fumble in the fourth were pretty big too.

But then that would just be sour grapes, right?
I'll give you the TD but what fumble???

What about Leinart's interception that was ruled an incomplete pass?
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Biggest play of the game....failed 4th down attempt. SC could have put it away right there.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Aggie Gal wrote:Going for it on fourth down in the middle of the field. The play looked sloppy from the outset, and Texas was stacked in the middle. The quick count seemed to throw the USC line out of sync.

If USC makes that first down, they probably win.
Second.....err third.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

USC got screwed on Young's lateral and on that no call on the fumble.

Texas got screwed on the no call on the USC fumble.

The bad calls definitely didn't even out there, especially as they relate to the scores that did and didn't result from those three blown calls, but who cares..

USC had all the opportunity in the world to overcome those errors. They were in the driver's seat with a chance to close it out but they couldn't capitalize. They kept uncharacteristically shooting themselves in the foot.

No excuses. It was a dead even game but Texas made less mistakes and they won fair and square.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Biggest play of the game? Who fucking cares....???? SC lost......I've got a hard on.
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

...for the laugh.
Bring back John Cooper!!! He's the only OSU coach we've had a winning record against since the Korean War!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Laxplayer wrote:Biggest play of the game? Who fucking cares....???? SC lost......I've got a hard on.
Fucking Nazi???

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:USC got screwed on Young's lateral and on that no call on the fumble.

The bad calls definitely didn't even out there, especially as they relate to the scores that did and didn't result from those three blown calls, but who cares..

USC had all the opportunity in the world to overcome those errors. They were in the driver's seat with a chance to close it out but they couldn't capitalize. They kept uncharacteristically shooting themselves in the foot.

No excuses. It was a dead even game but Texas made less mistakes and they won fair and square.
Watching the Charles catch at full speed looked to me like it was the right call. Charles had the ball for a split second but he never put it away.

Now the INT that Kelson had on that last USC drive in the 1st half to me evened out the missed call on the Texas touchdown. There were a few other calls that could have gone either way but thats the game. Every game has plays like that.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

The Young lateral wasn't that big, even without it Texas has first and goal in an offensive series where they were running roughshod.
Most likely they still score, and, because they wouldn't be in such a hurry, make the extra-point. That was horrid officiating though, and it possibly could have cost USC big.

As far as the fumble goes, unless a receiver secures the ball and takes a couple steps it is generally considered a dropped-pass and not a fumble.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He controlled the ball with both arms into his stomach and he landed down with both feet squarely on the playing surface, in complete control of the ball.

That's a catch. After he hit the ground with both feet, in full control of the ball, he was stripped.

That's a fumble.

Doesn't matter though. Spilled milk and USC had enough milk to make a John Goodman sized shake...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Van wrote:USC got screwed on Young's lateral and on that no call on the fumble.

Watching the Charles catch at full speed looked to me like it was the right call. Charles had the ball for a split second but he never put it away.

Now the INT that Kelson had on that last USC drive in the 1st half to me evened out the missed call on the Texas touchdown. There were a few other calls that could have gone either way but thats the game. Every game has plays like that.
In slo-mo, it did look like a catch and fumble but at real time speed it wasn't so clear. Not clear enough to reverse the call anyway.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I think going for it on 4th down in the first quarter (and not making it) instead of the FG was big. The kick would have made it 10-zip. Pete made a balls decision, and then followed it up with a pussy play-call. Instead Horns get the ball and the momentum.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Van wrote:He controlled the ball with both arms into his stomach and he landed down with both feet squarely on the playing surface, in complete control of the ball.

That's a catch. After he hit the ground with both feet, in full control of the ball, he was stripped.

That's a fumble.

Doesn't matter though. Spilled milk and USC had enough milk to make a John Goodman sized shake...
Generally the wr gets the benefit of the doubt on plays similar to the one noted. The refs make the same call we saw most of the time. Unless the wr catches the ball and starts running with it refs just call it an incomplete pass. If the guy catches it and gets whacked immediately it just goes down as incomplete, that is the norm. Whether that should be the norm can certainly be debated.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Danimal wrote:The Young lateral wasn't that big, even without it Texas has first and goal in an offensive series where they were running roughshod.
Most likely they still score, and, because they wouldn't be in such a hurry, make the extra-point. That was horrid officiating though, and it possibly could have cost USC big.

As far as the fumble goes, unless a receiver secures the ball and takes a couple steps it is generally considered a dropped-pass and not a fumble.
it may not have been first and goal... If they didnt declare for sure that Youngs knee was downit was clear that he lateraled the ball from the 11 and the Texas player caught it at the 10, thats an illegal forward pass, go back to the line of scrimage, mark off the yardage and the loss of down.

as for the fumble, usually when the receiver dives fora ball he just dropped, its cause he KNOWS he fumbled it, if its an incomplete pass he just runs back to the huddle and tells the QB "my bad, Ill get ya next time" Not only did he dive for the ball but after USC recovered it, he went to the sideline, it was obviously a catch and fumble in his mind
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Danimal wrote:The Young lateral wasn't that big, even without it Texas has first and goal in an offensive series where they were running roughshod.

it may not have been first and goal... If they didnt declare for sure that Youngs knee was downit was clear that he lateraled the ball from the 11 and the Texas player caught it at the 10, thats an illegal forward pass, go back to the line of scrimage, mark off the yardage and the loss of down.

not one of the announcers or anybody else has made that arguement.

as for the fumble, usually when the receiver dives fora ball he just dropped, its cause he KNOWS he fumbled it, if its an incomplete pass he just runs back to the huddle and tells the QB "my bad, Ill get ya next time" Not only did he dive for the ball but after USC recovered it, he went to the sideline, it was obviously a catch and fumble in his mind
bullfukkingshit. they are trained to dive on any free ball any time there is the slightest doubt about it. you trojan fans have been pretty sensible, up till this
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Yup, the guy falling on the ball proves nothing other than that he was decently coached. You always fall on the freaking ball because you don't know for sure what the ref will call. Point still stands, in that bam-bam situation the ref GENERALLY calls it an incomplete pass.

As far as the lateral goes I don't remember it being obviously forward, just Young being obviously down when he did it. Maybe you are right but I don't remember it as such.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

The question never was that it was a forward lateral, but whether he was down before he lateralled it.

First down at the spot where young was tackled....no penalty.
Last edited by FLW Buckeye on Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mace wrote:Both are great teams (USC has the best offensive line in college football, IMO, and the best skilled players in the game) but the Texas D was outstanding on one play and Vince Young showed his stuff. It was one of the best games I've ever seen when all of the marbles were on the line. Props to BOTH teams and congratulations to the Longhorns.

Mace
ftfy.

USC was knifing through the Texas D, which is not an easy task, but to say they were outstanding is far fromt he truth.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...