Let me be the first to ask...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Let me be the first to ask...

Post by At Large »

So does this mean that USC ISN'T the best team ever???

Just asking.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

They had it in their hands and Vince Young pulled it out of their hands and ran all the way to the BANK!!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Re: Let me be the first to ask...

Post by OUMO »

At Large wrote:So does this mean that USC ISN'T the best team ever???

Just asking.
Maybe you should email ESPN with that question.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

2005 USC can still beat all the other national champion teams.

They just can't beat the national champion team from 2005
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Mark May said that if Texas beats USC he would rank them in the top 3 all time.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Fuckin' A Mack Brown, you missed your chance. I would have given anything to see him take the mike from Saunders during the trophy presentation and talk about how great it was to beat a team that so easily handled 1991 Washington, 2002 Ohio State, 1995 Nebraska, the '78 Steelers, the '27 Yankees, '84 Reagan, General Sherman, etc. Then he could have walked over to the Gameday set and pissed on Corso.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Fuckin RACK UT.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

05 USC = 83 Nebraska
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Degenerate wrote:Fuckin' A Mack Brown, you missed your chance. I would have given anything to see him take the mike from Saunders during the trophy presentation and talk about how great it was to beat a team that so easily handled 1991 Washington, 2002 Ohio State, 1995 Nebraska, the '78 Steelers, the '27 Yankees, '84 Reagan, General Sherman, etc. Then he could have walked over to the Gameday set and pissed on Corso.

RACK RACK RACK RACK RACK RACK RACK RACK
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

USC is the best team of all time..last year's SC team that is.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

*Yawn*

Three points?!

I was surprised it was that close.

What the fuck is the Pac 10?

War Big XII!!!
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

Degenerate wrote:Fuckin' A Mack Brown, you missed your chance. I would have given anything to see him take the mike from Saunders during the trophy presentation and talk about how great it was to beat a team that so easily handled 1991 Washington, 2002 Ohio State, 1995 Nebraska, the '78 Steelers, the '27 Yankees, '84 Reagan, General Sherman, etc. Then he could have walked over to the Gameday set and pissed on Corso.
you = funny
Bring back John Cooper!!! He's the only OSU coach we've had a winning record against since the Korean War!
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

BWAHAHA! Rack it! ESPN has already switched over to NFL playoff coverage I'm betting. Nebraska fan delt with these fucks throughout the decade they dominated.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

:lol:

That was sort of a classless move by ESPN annointing USC the best ever before finishing out the season.
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

88 wrote:Jeebus, Rack the Degenerate blast.
perhaps espn should run a "best post of all time" poll.
Bring back John Cooper!!! He's the only OSU coach we've had a winning record against since the Korean War!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Rack Fu wrote:

That was sort of a classless move by ESPN annointing USC the best ever before finishing out the season.

Ya think???

Rack Texass

m2
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Seriously, though, why wasn't 1896-1898 Yale on that list? Anyone see that consective wins graphic during the game? Evidently they could bring it.
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

espn def doesn't waste time. already "wondering" if young turned in the "best performance ever." not saying it wasn't, but damn hyperbole..
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Considering the stakes and the circumstances Young's performance tonight probably was the best ever Rose Bowl performance.

I've been watching 'em for thirty plus years now and I certainly can't think of a better...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

ah yes, the hyperbole ever floweth in Bristol. Now, Howard Dean will be brought in to tape a new spot on Mack Brown's behalf...

"We're gonna take it to Norman! Iowa City! Then we're gonna go to Lincoln! Mizzou!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!"
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I couldn't believe the hype that USC was getting this year. It just kept building and building with no logic to it. Herbie would say that in order to be USC you have to have balance. Dude, in order to beat USC you need a strong defense coupled with some playmakers on the other side. Texas showed that tonight.

And fuck that perfect balance shit. If they had rushed White every down the last few series, they would have taken care of Texas. Instead, they had to be cute and try to spread it out. Go with what works! They didn't and they lost.

Great teams do what works and they pound away. They don't get cute. Cute cost USC this year. WTF was up with that stupid lateral move that Bush tried to make. Another example of being cute.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, I'll give you the "trying to be too cute" thing, 'cause you're right. It did cost 'em.

You're way off though on the "strong defense" thing because Texas's D in no way stopped USC enough to win that game. Texas's offense (and USC's numerous miscues) won that game for Texas, not their D...

Neither D did enough to win. They both got torched.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

^^^^what he said. both Ds were sieve like in the 2nd half.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Vito Corleone wrote:Mark May said that if Texas beats USC he would rank them in the top 3 all time.
Mark May is a front runnin' ass kisser.

I certainly don't want to minimize UT's accomplishment. Their the National Champ and the best team in 2005. They beat an exceptional team in USC and did it with determination and a guy named Vince.
Rack 'em.

ESPN needs to compare teams the freekin' year their playin' and give up on " the greatest team ever" shit.
Comparing teams 10-20-30 years apart is so stupid. Who the hell can sit behind a desk and make that kind of judgement with any credibility or accuracy. It's speculation.

College football changes with philosophy and talent year after year.
I paid zero attention to ESPN's "we need to fill time "crap because they know the only way to hold the interest of the un-imformed (the vast majority of their viewers) is to grease the flavor of the day's knob.

Be prepared Texas for a tongue lickin' like USC has experienced and caution that you believe the hype. It'll be your demise, ask SC.

Leinert believed it even in defeat. "We're the best team" comment post game was as lame as can be.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

2004 USC & 2003 USC > 2005 USC

Both of those teams had strong defenses. I was impressed with how much Carroll got out of that defense but the offense was the biggest reason they got Pasadena. Last year's team had very few flaws and the 2003 team had that great receiving corps of Williams and Colbert...who were better than Jarrett and Smith. Even the 2002 was very strong...the one that stomped a very good Iowa team in the Orange Bowl. This year's team was very good but Vince Young was a supernatural force that could not be stopped. I don't know how good they'll be without Leinart and Bush...that was a great 4-year run for the Trojans.

Just to clarify, if the Trojans won...it would've only been a 2-1/2 peat.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

At least USC’s got that moral victory thing going for it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Re: Let me be the first to ask...

Post by Mississippi Neck »

At Large wrote:So does this mean that USC ISN'T the best team ever???

Just asking.
My guess is:

1. They're not the best team this year.

2. A running back who's not in on 4th and 1 for his team shouldnt be the Heisman winner.

3. Leinert is not the best QB in college football.

But nice job ESPN talking about the game living up to all its hype. Hell, it was 95% USC hype..here's a thought ESPN, wait until a team wins the championship this year before running smack about are they the best of all time.

USC split a championship with LSU three years ago.
USC did not play the 2nd best team last year.
USC did not win the championship this year.

They're not all they've been cracked up to be.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Someone remind me again. What as the scenario last year that USC played OU? Who was the other high ranked team? I'm drawing a huge blank...
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

At Large wrote:Someone remind me again. What as the scenario last year that USC played OU? Who was the other high ranked team? I'm drawing a huge blank...
Utah was undefeated and bitch slapped overrated Pitt.

No one was ? OU vs. USC but Ute fan as I recall.

Cal felt they should have been in the BCS with their only loss to USC.
Taco Tech rip them in the Holiday Bowl.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Auburn had a little qualm.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Cornhusker wrote:
At Large wrote:Someone remind me again. What as the scenario last year that USC played OU? Who was the other high ranked team? I'm drawing a huge blank...

How about the entire SEC since Auburn was also undefeated and probably would have given SC a much better game than OU did.

I still believe OU deserved to be there, and had OU played Auburn they would have beaten Auburn because they would have matched up better strength for strength. The problem when OU faced USC was that USC had such a powerful passing game while OU had such a weak pass defense. OU on the other hand had a great run defense.

I still think the Utes were way overrated and didn't deserve to be in the BCS, but it could not be proven because they played an equally undeserving Pitt team.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

PSUFAN wrote:ah yes, the hyperbole ever floweth in Bristol. Now, Howard Dean will be brought in to tape a new spot on Mack Brown's behalf...

"We're gonna take it to Norman! Iowa City! Then we're gonna go to Lincoln! Mizzou!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!"
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:

How about the entire SEC since Auburn was also undefeated and probably would have given SC a much better game than OU did.

I still believe OU deserved to be there, and had OU played Auburn they would have beaten Auburn because they would have matched up better strength for strength. The problem when OU faced USC was that USC had such a powerful passing game while OU had such a weak pass defense. OU on the other hand had a great run defense.

I still think the Utes were way overrated and didn't deserve to be in the BCS, but it could not be proven because they played an equally undeserving Pitt team.
Duh...I forgot about Auburn...my bad.
That was a whole year ago after all!