Raiders vs Broncos

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Raiders vs Broncos

Post by The Assassin »

After that bitter fucking loss last week,I expect an angry Raider team to come out and play with some purpose. They are at home against arguably their biggest rival the Broncos. I also expect Kerry Collins to realize that Randy Moss plays for the Raiders and will get him some passes. I mean passes that Moss can get to and arent 10 feet over his head. Lamont Jordan should be given alot of opportunities to make plays. The guy has been the Raiders offensive MVP IMO. I'd like to see them get Courtney Anderson more involved. The guy is a load and can take pressure off the recievers.

On defense I expect to see ALOT of anderson,and Bell. Oakland for the most part has been good against the run. They need to get pressure on Plummer early and stick to their assignments. The defense has been a juggernaut,looking very good one minute,looking like dogshit the next.

I see a VERY close game this time the Raiders learn from last weeks mistake and hold on for a huge win.

24-23.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The key match-up here is the Dungver O-line v the Raiders front.

If the Hee-Haws move the ball successfully on the ground they win.
If not, Oakland's got a reasonalbe shot to pull off this upset on their home field.

Interesting to note that Dungver is ranked 30th in the league in 3rd down conversions.
Slow the run and make them put the ball up to keep the chains moving.
That's the ticket.
Easier said than done, however, as Denver is THE finest running team in the league so far this year.

I liked the way this game set up for Oakland since the time I saw the schedule come out. I like that the Mules are coming in to Oakland off of their bye. I like it even more since Dungver went into their bye fat, happy, and full-of-themselves after hammering a limping Eagle team. The potential for the Hee-Haws to come out FLAT is there. It happened with the Raiders when they came off of their bye, and played the only game this season where they really looked like they didn't compete well, v. SD. I'd be concerned about that if I was a Donkey fan.

To JT's point about Moss, seems he's been playing pretty well dinged-up the last few weeks. Not sure what his 'condition' will be this week, but just having him on the field is very important to the offense.

I look for Oakland to win the turnover battle and come away with a very satisfying home division win.

Raiders - 30
Hee-Haws - 26
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

This isnt our year, let alone week.

Another great test and another stepping stone for the young, talented cats on defense to learn from........

Raiders-10
Broncos-35

i'll spot the donks 2 td's on carrie colons 2 ints run back for scores.

Witness and behold the young future on defense that will be laying waste next year to the opposition en route to getting Moss his first Super Bowl ring as a Raider.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Raydah James wrote:This isnt our year, let alone week.
Bullshit. Your squad is gonna' rise up and WHACK the donks this week, goddamnit.

Make it so.
Witness and behold the young future on defense that will be laying waste next year to the opposition en route to getting Moss his first Super Bowl ring as a Raider.
I luv this troll. :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

racist
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I get the aisle seat when we get to Fraudo's.

Jus' sayin'.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

poptart wrote:I get the aisle seat when we get to Fraudo's.

Jus' sayin'.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plummer is due for throwing a couple of picks .

Raiders have to come out of the gate fast , and make Denver play catch-up .
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

poptart wrote:The key match-up here is the Dungver O-line v the Raiders front.

Interesting to note that Dungver is ranked 30th in the league in 3rd down conversions.
Slow the run and make them put the ball up to keep the chains moving.
That's the ticket.
Easier said than done, however, as Denver is THE finest running team in the league so far this year.
I agree with all three of those points. The Broncos secondary is the weak part of their defense. The Raiders should be able to exploit it. That is if they can give Collins the time. Dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn while under pressure. John Lynch can still make big hits but he's a big liability in the passing game. Light him up Norv, light him up.

Like you stated, stopping Denver's running game isn't easy. That's the biggest key to the outcome of this game imo. I believe the Bronco offensive attack is very one-dimensional. If the Raiders can just hold the running backs to an average game they have a great chance of winning.

Of course they must remember the runningbacks can catch the ball too. :lol:

The Raiders either mail it in or play inspired. As a Chief fan I hope the Raiders get it done this week.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:I hate to point out the obvious RaydahFan, but I'm really quite sure that your team will go OH-FER in the AFC West this year.

Bye-bye Norvelous....I'll be sad to see ya leave. :lol:

Oh-Fer...the same statement that applies to the Chiefs victories in the playoffs in the past decade?? :lol:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Plummer and all of the offensive line have been nails lately. He has thrown only a handful of interceptions all season and the RBs have been solid as well. I just wish he would get the ball to Rod Smith more! Lelie is doing great too, and has gained my full trust after a while of not being able to catch the long ball much less easy passes. Still, he tends to catch better when being thrown to in double coverage than when he's wide open.

I'm basically just echoing what Rayduh James said above. Raiderfan, this has not been your season, just like all within the past few years and this game will be no different.

Raiders 14

Broncos 31
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

poptart wrote:I get the aisle seat when we get to Fraudo's.

Jus' sayin'.

:wink:

what makes you think that...'tart? hmmm????

i don't know if the passengers on this Thread can pass through Airport Security....let alone make it onto the Flight--->to Fraudo's....and besides that; if U make it onto the Flight---->i see that your ticket is punched for that back Corner Seat.

sorry 'bout the engine noise....its an Old 'short~plane' and they mounted the engines back on the Tail...back in the day....
:wink:

Solid take on your Raiders chances vs. the New and Improved BROWNCOs.

i agree, you have to make Plummer beat you--->by stopping the Run.

easier said than done has been the 'track record' for this season though.

i think it comes down to the Donkey's front 7. if they limit what Jordan can do on the ground...and get a decent pass rush on Collins throughout the game (negating the VERTICLE game). it could be a Long day of dink~and~dunk for the Raider O.

with inconsistencies in the Raider O....its gonna be a Long Day.

'tart

you know that i despise the Hee-HAWS....i'll call this game as a toss-up.

enjoy your Luxury Seat while traveling to Fraudo's.....!!!!!!!
:D
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

d-townmike wrote: I'm basically just echoing what Rayduh James said above.

:?:

wOw!

maybe its just me...but i see some future Potential developments arising out of this statement.

i guess this Thread might not CRASH after all.... :twisted:
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:The key match-up here is the Dungver O-line v the Raiders front.

Go ahead and pencil the W for Denver. The duds have no chance of stopping the Denver running game.

The formula is to crash Anderson into the line for the first 3 quarters, then when the defense is tired, you send in Bell and his speed. Good luck with that.

The defense will put enormous pressure on Collins and force him into at least two turnovers, and place Oakland in the familiar spot of playing "spoiler" for the rest of the season...

Say goodnight Gracie.....

Lets call this
Bronco's-34
Dud's-24
get out, get out while there's still time
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:I hate to point out the obvious RaydahFan, but I'm really quite sure that your team will go OH-FER in the AFC West this year.

Bye-bye Norvelous....I'll be sad to see ya leave. :lol:

KC Paula = Kiss of Death.

Broncos are fucked this week
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Gotta love Mike Shanahan’s response today at a press conference…

Reporter: “How do you feel about going into the black hole this Sunday?”

Mike: “Interesting group, as long as I don’t go past the ten yard line I’m okay, they’re getting older and their range is not as good as it used to be when they throw batteries at me”

The Broncos are going to go into Oakland and do what it takes to win. Oakland is going to start off strong but end up saying Uncle!

No "Kiss of death" from Paul
Broncos 24
Raiders 20
Run if you have to but keep up!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Paula, you pathetic ass nugget, do you think Arrowhead is the only fucking stadium in the entire country that gets cold in December?

Just because the weather in the 303- and just about everywhere else in the continental United States- doesn't suck year-round like it does in KC doesn't mean nobody else knows what winter is like.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Bend over again, Paula.

I think my size 11 nike is stilll wedged in your asscrack
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You want Raiduh - Mule chatter, Cat....?

I understand Chump Bailey is 'questionable' for the big game Sunday.

Little puss wants NO part of bein' turned into Jerry Porter's lil' girl again, do he...?

He's already beggin' out of the game. :lol:

Randy Moss has sacked up and played HURT the last 2 weeks.

Lil' Chump ought to take note.

Get your candy ass on the field, scrub.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:You want Raiduh - Mule chatter, Cat....?

Little puss wants NO part of bein' turned into Jerry Porter's lil' girl again, do he...?

Obviously, he's skeered......

So you needed Moss to go 1-1? God knows what would have happened had he not shown up........you guys could have gone 0-2 in those two weeks--big difference.

I'm guessing you'll see him out there.........probably getting abused by Porter/Moss/Gabriel until such time they realize that he can't run. At that time, I expect Shanny to give him a pat on the back and a hardy "thanks for trying Champ".......
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:You want Raiduh - Mule chatter, Cat....?

Obviously, he's skeered......

So you needed Moss to go 1-1? God knows what would have happened had he not shown up........you guys could have gone 0-2 in those two weeks--big difference.

I'm guessing you'll see him out there.........probably getting abused by Porter/Moss/Gabriel until such time they realize that he can't run. At that time, I expect Shanny to give him a pat on the back and a hardy "thanks for trying Champ".......[/quote]

He got abused by them when he was healthy. Dont even bring up it was snowing because Porter and Gabriel were playing in that same weather.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Updated: Nov. 10, 2005, 7:52 PM ET
Raiders game will be broadcast in NavajoAssociated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. -- This weekend's game between the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos will be broadcast in Navajo through an agreement with an Arizona radio station.

KTNN, which has a 50,000-watt signal operating out of Window Rock, Ariz., has been broadcasting in Navajo for 20 years.

"This presents an exciting opportunity to unite the Raider Nation with the voice of the Navajo nation. This association is yet another example of our commitment to our global fan base and our ever-expanding multicultural initiatives," Raiders chief executive Amy Trask said.

L.A. Williams and Ernie Manuelito will handle the play-by-play and analysis. Williams, KTNN's sports and rodeo director, began her broadcasting career there 1993 and had handled a variety of sports, including football, basketball and volleyball. Manuelito has 33 years of broadcasting experience and has been with KTNN since its inception in 1986.

The Raiders have broadcast every regular-season game in Spanish for the past four years.

Good news for all you injuns!

Heres a preview.

Ugghh... Kerryum Collins throw ball, Moss make catch,he scorum,ugghh.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

The Assassin wrote:OAKLAND, Calif. -- This weekend's game between the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos will be broadcast in Navajo through an agreement with an Arizona radio station.
Cool. I always wondered what ...

raiduhs punt
raiduhs penalty 5 yards
raiduhs fumble
raiduhs penalty 10 yards
raiduhs picked off
raiduhs penalty 15 yards
raiduhs lose
raiduhs got fucked by the refs

... would sound like in another language.

Gotta admit though, it would be much cooler to see what it would look like in smoke signals.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Will there be fire water commercials?

Will they signal the end of each quarter with a boom stick?
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

No more PSL's and the Raiders will now own the marketing and tickets for the team! And how do the fans repay Al Davis....By selling out baby!

I hope Norvel doesn't go conservative like he did last week. He plays not to lose and only opens the offense when he's down. I know you have more trick up your sleeves Pineapple fuck face! All I want for Christmas is a Donkey beat down today and on Christmas Eve!

Raiders 34
Mules 24
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raider Loco wrote:No more PSL's and the Raiders will now own the marketing and tickets for the team! And how do the fans repay Al Davis....By selling out baby!

I hope Norvel doesn't go conservative like he did last week. He plays not to lose and only opens the offense when he's down. I know you have more trick up your sleeves Pineapple fuck face! All I want for Christmas is a Donkey beat down today and on Christmas Eve!

Raiders 34
Mules 24

Thank god,,now maybe ticket prices will go down.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Raider Loco wrote:No more PSL's and the Raiders will now own the marketing and tickets for the team! And how do the fans repay Al Davis....By selling out baby!

Raiders 34
Mules 24
Echo that, Bro!

Go Raiders and beat the hated mules!
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Denver 0-2 on third down. :meds:
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Props to the Raiders for a scrappy performance.

They're still overmatched and going down, but at laest they're showing heart.

And RACK that Arizona station for staying off my fucking bandwagon.
:twisted:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice timing.

And nice pick.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

I'm going to have a drink for Collins, How pathetic!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland didn't show 'heart'......Dungver got sloppy.

I'm finished playing apologist for this regime.

Collins is done as far as I'm concerned.

Norv ain't far behind.

This team has decent talent on it.
Certainly much better than 3-6 level talent.
You can't be gettin' your shit packed by division rivals over and over and over.....and think it's gonna turn around.
There has to be shown a REASON to believe the turn is coming.
I see no reason to think it is.
Norv and co. have shown NO reason for anyone to imagine the turn is coming.

If not for some bad calls, we'd be........baaaah....

'We' are 3-6 and 'we' suck.....AGAIN.

Get someone in here I can cheer for.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

poptart wrote:Oakland didn't show 'heart'......Dungver got sloppy.

Norv ain't far behind.

You can't be gettin' your shit packed by division rivals over and over and over.....and think it's gonna turn around.

It is not a good team and you were seriously overmatched.

Let's just say they showed more than I expected andleave it at that.

And Props to the Dolts for taking a week of so I could stay awake through a whole game.

ImageImage
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I guess props to me for nearly calling the final score in this game! Now, about the confidence pool for the other games. :evil:

What is that the 16th victory over the Raiders since Mike Shanahan took over? Not too shabby at all.

Raiderfan, I'm sure you're aware of this (at least poptart is anyway) but your team is a mess. I feel so sorry for Collins. He's a talented QB on a team with pathetic coaching and no one for him to throw to. He did much better when he was at New York.

Props to Rod Smith for becoming the Broncos all time catch leader and also to Plummer for going 191 quarters without a turnover! Something our most famous former QB couldn't accomplish.

As for the rest of our schedule I'm thinking it should be pretty easy here on out. I'm a bit worried about San Diego and even Buffalo considering how they played today. Folks, the Broncos are for real. We should be in excellent shape to actually earn our way into the playoffs, as opposed to backing in, only to get run by the colts in the first round. :roll:
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

d-townmike wrote:I feel so sorry for Collins. He's a talented QB on a team with pathetic coaching and no one for him to throw to.
I hope that was sarcasm.

Collins blows.

Time for a change.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

d-townmike wrote: I feel so sorry for Collins. He's a talented QB on a team with pathetic coaching and no one for him to throw to.
I call bullshit. Collins hasn't been a good QB since he quit drinking. He needs to go back on the sauce- that way he goes back to not overthinking and throwing the ball well (Like he did at Penn State and early in his career). Sober Kerry thinks too much and tries to force the ball too much.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Props to Rod Smith for becoming the Broncos all time catch leader and also to Plummer for going 191 quarters without a turnover! Something our most famous former QB couldn't accomplish.

A big seccond on that.

He's always had the talent, now he's got a team he doesn't have to carry single-handed and a coach with a brain.

The main change in his game is that he was told not to try to, and he listened.

ImageImage
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I knew it. I knew a Norv Turner coached team could not use last weeks bitter loss as momentum. They rolled over and played dead for 80 percent of the game. Poor passing by Collins,poor play calling by Norv and Co. The defense played well,but were obviously worn out by the offenses lack of effort. Oh and NICE unsportamanlike conduct there Sapp. Typical running of his big mouth,and it finally cost them.

I'll say it now,they won't beat the Redskins(because after a bitter loss Joe Gibbs KNOWS how to motivate his team). And I only see 2 more winnable games left on the schedule. and even those are toss ups.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Just tell Alice to pay Shanny the money he owes him, and maybe he'll quit kicking the shit out of the duh's......

Post by Guest »

poptart wrote:Oakland didn't show 'heart'......Dungver got sloppy.

Norv ain't far behind.

I didn't come in before the game so I'm not gonna smack afterwards but I have a few thoughts on todays happenings.

It's hard to hate Raiderfan after reading a post like that.

Poptart is the most legit 'duh fan in here and his post is dead on.

Collins had open receivers all day and missed them by miles.

Gallery continues to prove that the hype machine that props up a player right before the draft is a dangerous thing.

Week nine and Porter is still running the wrong routes?

I still like Jordan, give him a group of lineman that have a set of balls and he will put up serious numbers.

Schweigert is a horrible safety.

Overall your D is much improved but they can't stay on the field forever.

Props to the most underrated player in the NFL - Rod Smith.

Props to Shanny for continuing his dominance over his personal bitch Ali Davis.

War 16-5.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jordan is a keeper, yep.

Oakland needs a 3rd down 'change-of-pace' back too, IMO, but you can't fill every need in an off-season when you're 'rebuilding' as Oakland is.

Al has busted it to fill needs.

The coaching job done this year is piss-poor.

As you said, the Oakland defense has done a decent job this season.

The offense has been a MAJOR disappointment, and it all starts with the QB position.

I hear Norv said Collins is the starter next week.

Well......great..... :meds:

Maybe Norv better check to make sure he's the coach next week, ya know...?

Denver is the best team in the West, with SD second, IMO.

Come playoff time it'll be interesting to see if they can get over on Indy, Pittsburgh, the Bungles.....whoever.

Having home field would go a LONG way toward accomplishing the mission.

I wouldn't feel great about going indoors at Indy to face the Clots, for instance.
Gettin' 'em in the Piled High City would be a different story though.