barter thread

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

bbqjones
indian black betty

barter thread

Post by bbqjones »

im desperately wanting to get rid of the tenacious d dvd that i foolishly bought. the complete master volume of suckness can be yours. i paid twenty bucks for this piece of shit. offer me something interesting and this barter closes in threes days. this piece of shit was viewed for about 15 minutes and ill pay the shipping if you give me your first last and mothers maiden name. serious inquiries only please.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

I've got a bootleg Ween dvd from a show in New Jersey. It's surprisingly good quality. I'm sure I can find some other shit to throw in there as well.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

most definately you lead the race., if i didnt make it clear already this is high quality tenacious d. i did not mean to undermine negotiations earlier when i said the dvd sucked ass. it is totally cool. best ever. so whatever you can add to the trade, well, you will be getting the good stuff fo sho. anything you want me to throw in?? oh shit, im a good negotiator. shut up. what else are YOU going to introduce to this trade of the year?

btw, if its okay with scritti, im going to be bartering on here quite a bit in the near future as my wifes cd collection is in the yard sale bina as it is. im not even going there tonight girlfriend.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

I have a Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars
farewell concert at the Hammersmith Odean

Alas it is on VHS not dvd but it still rocks
& I'll throw in Elton Johns greatest hits
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

thanks for playing missjo.

what do you want for pictures of your boobies?

that was for jo, not donovan./
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

bbqjones wrote:if its okay with scritti
Scritti does as he's told or he gets the hose.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

hmmmm....

A Tenacious D DVD, eh? I'll bet Jack Black is an absolute riot, huh? I'll bet he sings a lot of songs with completely hilarious lyrics. And I'll bet there's some absolutely priceless banter between Jack and his bandmate Kyle Gass. It would definitely be a great addition to my collection. I could file it right next to the Tenacious D CD that I've listened to nonstop since the day I bought it. Let me see what I can come up with...
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

OK. Have I got a deal for you! In exchange for your Tenacious D DVD, I offer you the following three cassette tapes, all in gently used condition:

Professor Griff - KAOS II WIZ*7*DOME

It's been 14 years and I still don't know what that title means, but this cassette is a must-have. The outspoken leader of Public Enemy's S1W Crew (that's Soldiers of the 1st World, for all you wack-ass crackaz out there) finally releases his solo joint. This tape is a definite classic - a monumental hip-hop release.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Vinnie Vincent Invasion

This classic cassette is the debut album by former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent (he had the unforgettable Egyptian Warrior makeup). This cassette features vocals by Robert Fleischman, who was subsequently replaced by Mark Slaughter, who went on to fame and fortune with fellow VVI alum Dana Strum in the seminal late 80s band Slaughter.

Rich Kids On LSD - Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare

Honestly, I don't even remember what this cassette sounds like. But hey, it must be cool, cause it's by a band called Rich Kids On LSD! How classic is that?!?! I thought it was pretty funny when I was a freshman in college and doing lots of acid and liable to buy anything that referenced LSD in the title. I think it might be punk. If you're serious about making this trade, I might be willing to pop it in the cassette player and give it a proper review.

Edit: Just noticed that the Rich Kids On LSD cassette is on Epitaph Records. I'm pretty sure that's The Offspring's record label! That is so rad! This is definitely a collector's item!
"Keys, woman!"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Epitaph Records. I'm pretty sure that's The Offspring's record label!
Yes it is...or at least it was, back in their heyday
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PSUFAN wrote:Yes it is...or at least it was, back in their heyday
Offspring had a heyday? Offspring... thoroughly hate that band.

It was also Tom Waits' label. Tom Waits and a whole lot of shitty pop punk.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

I'll send you three chickens and an ashtray for your dvd. I want it for all the reasons that the angry CU fan outlined. ;)
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

You all suck.

Just to further whet your appetite, here's some screenshots from the dvd (it's actually a set of two).

http://www.plagueclothing.com/ween/conduit/
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Donovan wrote:You all suck.

Just to further whet your appetite, here's some screenshots from the dvd (it's actually a set of two).

http://www.plagueclothing.com/ween/conduit/
Can't top three chickens, I see. ;)
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:But hey, it must be cool, cause it's by a band called Rich Kids On LSD!
Without even listening to it -- if it mentions robots, it's the COOLEST ALBUM EVAR!!!!!!

Sin,
The indie dorks here
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

donovan iwns and as far as im concerened, thats just the begginni9ns of barter on this place. drop some gang of four crap cds you want to get rid of and see what slappins. the only bad apare s when the guys lives in canada, but if the shit is good (sup deener_=+_) then ist worth it and shi8t. im just trying to encourage you fuckers to trade tapes ands stuff. im still of oweinns bacefelickadick a care about ysthe time you packacge. if you keep thoses t.

anyways, donovans answeres asl the que4stions right and he gets it. im fginna get rid of all my wifes old cds. i cant guarasn tee theyre all in good shape, but theres pearl jam and dave mathwss that i have for you.